• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tunavi

Banned
shit-just-got-real-o.gif

That annoys me more than you can imagine. In no point should a game take out key features with the next installment in the Series.
unless these features are called ACTIVE CAMO or JETPACK or ARMOR ABILITIES or DOUBLE BEAT DOWN or SLUGGISH MOVEMENT SPEED or LONG KILL TIMES or ABUNDANT POWER WEAPONS.

argh.

willow ve

No radar gametype? They still have those right.

FFA has a no radar variant. But with the size of the maps and sprint being universal it feels like you never really catch anyone for an assassination. And to add insult to injury they have to be five AIRBORNE assassinations. Both players have to be in the act of jumping (or jetpacking).

Double kill with a pulse grenade... also feels like it needs to be boosted.

Fuchsdh

FFA has a no radar variant. But with the size of the maps and sprint being universal it feels like you never really catch anyone for an assassination. And to add insult to injury they have to be five AIRBORNE assassinations. Both players have to be in the act of jumping (or jetpacking).

Double kill with a pulse grenade... also feels like it needs to be boosted.

I've found airsassinations easiest against better players, actually, because the best time to get them is when they are attempting to jump behind you to land their own beat-down. On the downside, the Majestic maps are so small this maneuvering isn't easy.

Not coming, BSangel confirmed in a tweet. :(

Honestly with the draw distance in campaign I don't think many people would be happy with it.

Landscape shots and such would be impossible.

Sure it has other benefits but a huge part of it was taking those great screenshots of panoramas and such.

Fuchsdh

OT but IGN has been making some pretty helpful articles lately IMO, like this one about how to tell if you'll love Tomb Raider.

I can definitely see a lot of people being put off by a misconception like that.

Haha. This is why IGN gets so much flak.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review-2

All the issues they noted with the game, and it still gets a 9.1. I think IGN's reviewers are generally pretty well thought out, but the scores at the end just make them feel like jokes. This might be the only Tomb Raider game I actually go out and buy, but I'll wait until the price drops.

Ghazi

Honestly with the draw distance in campaign I don't think many people would be happy with it.

Landscape shots and such would be impossible.

Sure it has other benefits but a huge part of it was taking those great screenshots of panoramas and such.
Such are the cons with trying to make great eye candy, I wish they hadn't done it.

Fotos

Was in Ninjas stream earlier today and someone had a pretty good username. I think it was something like this.

343_sucks_except_Bravo

Kibbles

Still waiting for that update where we get Theatre in Campaign.

I think they recently said it's never coming, so yeah. =\

I've only played 1 game on each map so far in FFA, but I wasn't digging Skyline as much as people have been praising it here. Monolith is a lot better. I just played some Slayer Pro gametype on Skyline though. Idk, it felt way too crowded and too much crap everywhere. It seems too tight, whereas Monolith isn't too small or big and has enough of both cover and lines of sight. I absolutely destroyed on Monolith though so that might've had to do with me enjoying it so much hah

Haha. This is why IGN gets so much flak.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review-2

All the issues they noted with the game, and it still gets a 9.1. I think IGN's reviewers are generally pretty well thought out, but the scores at the end just make them feel like jokes. This might be the only Tomb Raider game I actually go out and buy, but I'll wait until the price drops.

Oh don't get me wrong, a lot of the stuff they post is nonsense (like this dude's opinion on Halo 5's direction.. "fighting ODST's" etc) lol

Regarding Tomb Raider, yeah.. I'll be doing the same. Hopefully there's a special discount or some slick sale that won't be too long after its release. The only reason I bought Dead Space 3 on launch was for Amazon's $20 gift card they give you, so here's to hoping for something similar :b

Korosenai

I asked earlier in this thread about wireless headsets, and now i've narrowed it down to these two:

Turtle Beach XP300 - $100 and Turtle Beach XP400 - $200.

Both headsets are completely wireless and use a bluetooth connector that plugs straight into the controller, and you can even use the bluetooth in the headsets to connect to phones or computers.

Should I go for the XP300 or the XP400? The only difference in the two is Stereo in the 300 and Dolby Surround Sound in the 400. I've never really owned a good pair of gaming headsets, so I don't know the difference. Is the difference in sound quality worth the extra $100?

heckfu

Banned
I asked earlier in this thread about wireless headsets, and now i've narrowed it down to these two:

Turtle Beach XP300 - $100 and Turtle Beach XP400 - $200.

Both headsets are completely wireless and use a bluetooth connector that plugs straight into the controller, and you can even use the bluetooth in the headsets to connect to phones or computers.

Should I go for the XP300 or the XP400? The only difference in the two is Stereo in the 300 and Dolby Surround Sound in the 400. I've never really owned a good pair of gaming headsets, so I don't know the difference. Is the difference in sound quality worth the extra $100?

Turtle Beach has always had terrible support from people i've talked to. If I were you I'd get either the Tritton Warheads or the Astro A50's.

Ghazi

Haven't played Dead Space before. Is it worth getting?

Dead Space 1 & 2 all the way like unknown said, Dead Space 3 was recently on sale for $40 too.

Dead Space 1 was an amazing horror and action game. Dead Space 2 was the start of the move towards action, but was still nearly as good as Dead Space 1. I haven't finished 3 yet either but I've enjoyed my time with it too!

Korosenai

Turtle Beach has always had terrible support from people i've talked to. If I were you I'd get either the Tritton Warheads or the Astro A50's.

I've never looked into Tritton headsets, but they do they have any that are completely wireless?

I also bought some Astro A30's when they came out, but they were defective and I spent about two months talking to their customer support to get them replaced and it never happened, so i'm kind of avoiding buying from Astro again.

heckfu

Banned
I've never looked into Tritton headsets, but they do they have any that are completely wireless?

I also bought some Astro A30's when they came out, but they were defective and I spent about two months talking to their customer support to get them replaced and it never happened, so i'm kind of avoiding buying from Astro again.

Yeah the Warheads are 100% wireless, they use the xbox proprietary system that the official xbox headsets use.

Ghazi

I have the H4 Warheads, Fucking awesome set of headphones. Only issue i have is the lack of padding on the top is uncomfortable on my head

I've been using X11's for nearly the past 3 years. I can't imagine the point of having a high-end headset would be though, aside from the obvious audiophile pros.

Fotos

Dead Space 1 & 2 all the way like unknown said, Dead Space 3 was recently on sale for $40 too.

Dead Space 1 was an amazing horror and action game. Dead Space 2 was the start of the move towards action, but was still nearly as good as Dead Space 1. I haven't finished 3 yet either but I've enjoyed my time with it too!

Thanks. I might get it soon. Still need to finish other games like Bioshock 1 and 2 and Assassins Creed 3.

So what happened with ranks?
April I think.

Astro's are top notch. I went with the A40's because I wanted an easy way to switch to music and with the mixamp I can always upgrade the headset itself. Plus this late in the hardware lifecycle you may invest in a wireless that will not work in the newer consoles.

To chime in, I've seen multiple people call out Kevin Franklin too around here, so it's kinda funny that ferry is getting the bulk end of this lol.. probably because ferry's seen as prey or expendable by the HaloGAF hivemind!

muahahaa

Yeah, its no big deal. Just GAF being GAF. I've been here since 06, I'm not going anywhere.

So that makes it ok to single out Kevin and accuse people of randomly calling you out?

Oh, you again. So Its not enough attention for you I guess, hey you know what? I posted once about not liking kittens I think back in 07. Maybe you can go hunt that down and use it for your argument and...

images

A few people at least had the guts to say what this was today but you continue hoping to start the game going again. Don't worry Kevin is fine, I'm quite certain that 343i didn't fire him because JHFerry singled him out. Go home now, there is a nice warm glass of milk on the table to help you sleep.

Yeah, its no big deal. Just GAF being GAF. I've been here since 06, I'm not going anywhere.

Oh, you again. So Its not enough attention for you I guess, hey you know what? I posted once about not liking kittens I think back in 07. Maybe you can go hunt that down and use it for your argument and...

images

A few people at least had the guts to say what this was today but you continue hoping to start the game going again. Don't worry Kevin is fine, I'm quite certain that 343i didn't fire him because JHFerry singled him out. Go home now, there is a nice warm glass of milk on the table to help you sleep.
cmon dude if you're going to use a meme at least use it right

also RIP in peace my xbox mic 2007-2013

OT: would anyone here be interested in taking a crack at making a typeface? I have all the letters and grammatical symbols laid out but can't for the life of me recreate them in Illustrator. It's pretty simple stuff (all vertical/45 degree angle lines).

On a more related note, if you have all the Majestic achievements, be a good samaritan and use Jet Pack frequently so other people can get their bleep bloops too.

Top Bottom