• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Mindwipe

I've had like 3 or something in the entirety of my Halo 4 career. Speaking of impossible achievements...

Yeah, I've not had any yet. Or seen anybody get one.

Anyone got Flash of Light legitimately yet?

Yes, got lucky when everyone was running to the rockets on Monolith. Happy that one is down. The scoped one is just pure dumb luck, and the airsassination one I really do think I'll just have to boost. The others are nearly done.

IGN gave spartan ops a 6/10, and tell players to not waste their time ever playing it.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/26/halo-4-spartan-ops-video-review

They also believe Masterchief is going to be fighting the UNSC in Halo 5.

6/10 sounds fair if not a bit harsh.

I would put part 1 at a 4/10 and part 2 at a 7/10 so I can get that. Overall its kind of hard to rate since it had some high highs and low lows. None the less, I would say the second half had a lot of 8-9/10's.

So this is the map im submitting to the FFA forge competition. Was working on another map for it but this one turned out better.

Opus_zps54e768b8.jpg

Walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppa4gNu6SkU

That looks pretty damn good.

a few things:

-overshield looks too close to the rockets.. can you open up the back a bit more and put them back further?

-Low ceiling looks like it could be abused via jumps or jetpacks.

Otherwise, I really want to play it. Maybe adding weapons like a needler would help with some variety though.

Woah hey online file browser is a thing.

It's pretty awkward compared to what Bungie had though. Also it seems almost identical to the Reach file browser so why did it take 4 months exactly?

Holy shit, awesome. About damn time, but awesome none the less!

Someone make a Halo 4 screenshot thread. I miss those.

Says the guy who got offended by:

iAvoQdx1Lvhfq.gif

Only thing that offends me about this is that the actual map isn't amidst the destruction. It would have been a cool art pallet.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm not sure what went wrong other than you not liking the game. 4th highest xbox live population and some of the highest selling numbers for Halo seems like a success to me.

You not liking the game sounds like a different, oh, I don't know, kind of personal problem.

And? First of all again it is happening what he has said, he wasn't the only one who said that the last pages with Kevin, but now of all everyone piles up on him.

And yeah we voice our opinions because we don't like it. And yeah the game could also be place 1, sold better than CoD and you know what? Maybe they could have been even more trying to get away from the Halo feeling. And even then I would say "I don't think this team is suited for Halo"

I don't know right now this almost feels like one of those classic HaloGAF witchhunts.

I'm not sure what went wrong other than you not liking the game. 4th highest xbox live population and some of the highest selling numbers for Halo seems like a success to me.

You not liking the game sounds like a different, oh, I don't know, kind of personal problem.

Great! Glad you are enjoying the game. Can we move on or are we just at the point where we are trying to get me banned? I don't recall trying to insult you in any reply but its cool. We all have out opinions.

DeadNames

Banned
Does anyone like Active Camo? Most kids on waypoints don't. It just baffles me how 343 let it in. Completely killed the fun I was having tonight.

Also nerf the AR a bit please.

heckfu

Banned
Great! Glad you are enjoying the game. Can we move on or are we just at the point where we are trying to get me banned? I don't recall trying to insult you in any reply but its cool. We all have out opinions.

And I don't recall trying to insult you OR trying to get you banned. You asked very plainly at the top of the page for responses on the particular issue of getting Kevin fired and I delivered my opinion. Like you said, we all have them, and I'm voicing them.

Kevin Franklin didn't make all of these decisions by himself. And not only that, the population is the population and it's going to be less than CoD but still ranks 4th on the live charts week after weeks and weeks after release. If you get rid of Kevin you should fire the whole studio for allowing all of these changes to go through.

Hell, they're a subdivision of Microsoft, might as well fire all of them too for working at the same company.

OR, and this is crazy, we can keep voicing concerns and let them try to fix it and go from here instead of asking for a genuinely nice guy to lose his job.

Everyone listen to this guy, too.

Look at that and tell me that doesn't look like Hiroshima.
Disgusting.

I can't believe I didn't notice that before.

Quality post

JHall

I don't think it's right to pin the blame on one guy. I'm fairly certain the whole studio was OK with the design decisions.

After all it is their vision of Halo.

And? First of all again it is happening what he has said, he wasn't the only one who said that the last pages with Kevin, but now of all everyone piles up on him.

And yeah we voice our opinions because we don't like it. And yeah the game could also be place 1, sold better than CoD and you know what? Maybe they could have been even more trying to get away from the Halo feeling. And even then I would say "I don't think this team is suited for Halo"

I don't know right now this almost feels like one of those classic HaloGAF witchhunts.

This is what I am implying. The second I post something stupid someone will PM a mod and then dance on my grave that I got banned. I never posted anything offensive or out of line. I don't think the people that lead the MP design on this game should be brought back. They copied another game and have no clue what the community is about.

And I don't recall trying to insult you OR trying to get you banned. You asked very plainly at the top of the page for responses on the particular issue of getting Kevin fired and I delivered my opinion. Like you said, we all have them, and I'm voicing them.

Then do it without saying someone has personal problems. That sort of puts people on the defensive. Let's just drop it. We don't agree, that's fine. We can still be HaloGAF.

Its probably refreshing to see this end without someone getting banned anyway. I was not directly implying you would get me banned. No hard feelings.

To everyone else posting the funny pics, keep em coming. I didn't bring it up guys. Well, not recently anyway. Its a non issue. I don't have a problem with the maps.

I think we need to talk more about what the games faults are and less about who should be held accountable. If that needs to be done in any form its 343i Management who decides it and speculation on it is not only pointless but its an instigator for negative social situations

The 9/11 stuff is insane and we should stop talking about that full stop. Its going to upset people and likely result in bans because someone will say somethings stupid.

Kevin is not an idiot, I assume Halo 4 as been a learning experience for him and I expect the whole MP team at 343i are taking much of what fans suggest and want for the next Halo into account. But people need to understand if Internally they love an idea and feel like they are should run with it its very likely they will. For better or worse it is what it is. That is the liberty they have because they are the developers

Ordnance, Loadouts and AA's are all things that I imagine will see a dramatic shift in future Halo titles. Halo 4 was 343i's first game and we are way to negative about it. Its no wonder the interaction we had with developers like Frank and David has noticeably slowed when the past few threads have been constant bitching and complaining about features they spent years building and molding.

Valid complaints should be expressed but only if done in the right manner anything else just makes us seem like whiny children.

Halo 4 has problems and lots but all the bitching in the world is not going to change that.

Does anyone like Active Camo? Most kids on waypoints don't. It just baffles me how 343 let it in. Completely killed the fun I was having tonight.

Also nerf the AR a bit please.
I like Active Camo, but if an opposing team consisting of 3 or more Active Camo Users spamming the map with that Bs of a strategy then hell no. This applies to Jetpack users, especially in Team Doubles.

Agree with nerfing the AR abit.

I think we need to talk more about what the games faults are and less about who should be held accountable. If that needs to be done in any form its 343i Management who decides it and speculation on it is not only pointless but its an instigator for negative social situations

The 9/11 stuff is insane and we should stop talking about that full stop. Its going to upset people and likely result in bans because someone will say somethings stupid.

Kevin is not an idiot, I assume Halo 4 as been a learning experience for him and I expect the whole MP team at 343i are taking much of what fans suggest and want for the next Halo into account. But people need to understand if Internally they love an idea and feel like they are should run with it its very likely they will. For better or worse it is what it is. That is the liberty they have because they are the developers

Ordnance, Loadouts and AA's are all things that I imagine will see a dramatic shift in future Halo titles. Halo 4 was 343i's first game and we are way to negative about it. Its no wonder the interaction we had with developers like Frank and David has noticeably slowed when the past few threads have been constant bitching and complaining about features they spent years building and molding.

Valid complaints should be expressed but only if done in the right manner anything else just makes us seem like whiny children.

Halo 4 has problems and lots but all the bitching in the world is not going to change that.

Right on all points. Perhaps this bickering is turning this place into something it should not be. Old members and Juniors alike should be welcomed here and I think all of us could probably do a better job with that.

Same can be said about Reach. And others. Doesn't stop people. Unfortunately.

Let's all calm down. The moment has passed. I promise not to post anymore junk today if Let's kill JHFerry @ HaloGAF is over for today.

Well I'm glad we all got that cleared up.

Anyone playing Halo tonight?

Honestly, I don't even know why I am bitching. I am bloody terrible at this game.

I'm going to express my opinion on this 9/11 stuff.

No, we shouldn't be telling companies to be careful around accidently resembling 9/11. It's been over a decade.

Yes, it does have an odd resemblance to 9/11. The source of the smoke is coming from the same area in the city landscape, which also seems to be on an island. It's also in a morning atmosphere. It matches 9/11 more than any other city fire that has happened.

Nothing wrong with that though, and we shouldn't be acting as if it's weird to think that resembles 9/11, because it does have strong similarities.

HaloOverlook2.jpg

Not a single potatoe. How could Bungie not have used the Great Famine as inspiration for this? Saddening.

Ha ha nice.

Number one Reason people raise eyebrows about Franklin is that infinity CTF tweet. I believe the guys title is 'Lead multiplayer designer'. The offending tweet acknowledges a balance design issue and essentially leaves it at 'LOL!'. Now, there'd be no need to be all po-faced about what somebody posts on their personal twitter account and take it all so seriously if infinity CTF was in, say, action sack. When it's implemented into the mainline CTF playlist, on top of base gametype changes that many of the long term playerbase already feels sanitises and patronises the CTF experience, then one can understand why people might wince and question his position as the lead designer. I agree the pics and nasty attacks are unsavoury but you basically put it on a plate for critics with tweets like that.

For the record, I still hold that the first proper match of infinity CTF I had was the worstHalo multiplayer experience I've ever had, that was not due to external factors such as lag, quitters, imbalanced skill matches etc.

Ghazi

So before I buy Halo Wars (I'm kinda on the fritz now because I don't want to miss any other interesting games) is the online community still active? Also, is there a Platinum Hits copy with all the DLC?

edit: found it myself, I guess I'll just buy it on Amazon with all the DLC for $20. But my question about the online community is still standing.

edit2: WTF is wrong with me, I have no idea why I thought the Platinum Hits copy would have all the DLC.

Akai__

Thing is, that 343i was probably under huge pressure. I don't really blame them, except for some design choices. I also don't understand, how they managed to do so many mistakes. Not talking about gameplay mechanics, but about AA's/guns, which didn't make it into the game, but still are there somehow. Even some pieces of Tsavo Highway managed it, to be there. Those are sounding like strange beginner faults and I didn't see that comming, because I thought, that everyone at 343i is experienced. Sure mistakes are happening, but Halo 4 has/had plenty of them.

Multiplayer is also still nothing for me, that I could play all day and enjoy. However, I had fun with FFA in the beginning, but then everyone got online and played like an asshole. For example, whenever I got JIP'ed and see a Camo Sniper in the preview screen, I just quit.

FyreWulff

So before I buy Halo Wars (I'm kinda on the fritz now because I don't want to miss any other interesting games) is the online community still active? Also, is there a Platinum Hits copy with all the DLC?

edit: found it myself, I guess I'll just buy it on Amazon with all the DLC for $20. But my question about the online community is still standing.

edit2: WTF is wrong with me, I have no idea why I thought the Platinum Hits copy would have all the DLC.

It should..

g45050csmyf.jpg

Ghazi

It should..

g45050csmyf.jpg

The boxart for the GoD version is the platinum hits one, but neither it nor the the Amazon version have the additional content sticker. I'm so confused. Can anyone with the GoD version (if anyone even has it) say if it has the DLC or not? Because I'd rather get it with all the DLC.

Fuchsdh

Yes there's still a good community and yea the platinum has the DLC afaik (at least the boxed copy I got from Amazon.)

Loginius

I'm going to express my opinion on this 9/11 stuff.

No, we shouldn't be telling companies to be careful around accidently resembling 9/11. It's been over a decade.

Yes, it does have an odd resemblance to 9/11. The source of the smoke is coming from the same area in the city landscape, which also seems to be on an island. It's also in a morning atmosphere. It matches 9/11 more than any other city fire that has happened.

Nothing wrong with that though, and we shouldn't be acting as if it's weird to think that resembles 9/11, because it does have strong similarities.

I agree, the concept art guy probably/maybe googled for smoking/burning citys and found a 9/11 pic which he took as reference.
Reading any more into it is just stupid.

Karl2177

Wrong again my friend. I didn't whine. He called me out, I answered him. I never said anyone should be called out. I am saying that if he was so bothered at the Kevin stuff he could have directed it at more than just me. Yes I can go after a single member of 343i, I didn't call him names. I did not like his decisions. When you make a public game that costs money the consumer is allowed to say, I didn't like something someone in the credits did.

Why is that an issue?

Instead you call me name, you jumped in buddy. You didn't go after the other guys you went after me most likely before you bothered to read a few pages back. If you don't agree about Kevin then stop quoting me.

It's like forums 101 - quote a guy when you want him to respond.

For the record:

I still have yet to see a post saying exactly what I said was wrong. All I hear is oh no! Kevin!!!

Meanwhile 343i has been spending months trying to clean the MP mess up. Stop it already.
I'm probably late, but I did a full round up of posts, and removed the unnecessary ones. So I'll just go through this step by step.
A few OT's back I put a pic up and everyone went nuts. How out of line it was.

images_zps3cf760d1.jpg
This image right here. This is called singling someone out. Targeting a single person if you will.

Ok, you can quote. So since you brought it up what is the problem exactly? 2 other members on the same page mentioned Kevin but you are coming after me. Ok. I really don't fee like being banned but if you want to google it, you can see why my first reaction was as such. I didn't trash the map or their work.

You want to defend Kevin then do that but at least aim it towards the group and not one member.

Now let's take a look at the bolded texts above. The first one you're complaining that someone specifically pointed you out instead of others. I'm gonna call up my pal, Merriam-Webster. Whine(v)-to complain with or as if with a whine. It seems to me you are whining that you were called out specifically instead of kylej and Tunavi as well. Now let's link the underline in the first quote and here.

Okay. Let's analyze the second bold text. I'll paraphrase: "You want to defend one person, that's okay. But lay your criticism at all who attack, instead of just me."

HOLD THE PHONE EVERYONE. This is the same person who is saying that Kevin Franklin, a singular person, is ruining Halo multiplayer. You even say he was the Halo 4 multiplayer lead. He must be leading an team of none. Unless you're being a hypocrite and failing to acknowledge that others may have contributed to what you feel is a slight to Halo. Nonetheless, it's hilarious that you think you have some god given right to blame a singular person, yet can't take the heat when it's brought upon you.

B3la9zj.gif

Shoutout to Zalinkrow who's birthday is totally today. Will this be the year where he posts more than Xand? Who knows?

Edit: Karl, it's only ok if the person you're blaming doesn't read what you say! >:[

I'm probably late, but I did a full round up of posts, and removed the unnecessary ones. So I'll just go through this step by step.

This image right here. This is called singling someone out. Targeting a single person if you will.

Now let's take a look at the bolded texts above. The first one you're complaining that someone specifically pointed you out instead of others. I'm gonna call up my pal, Merriam-Webster. Whine(v)-to complain with or as if with a whine. It seems to me you are whining that you were called out specifically instead of kylej and Tunavi as well. Now let's link the underline in the first quote and here.

Okay. Let's analyze the second bold text. I'll paraphrase: "You want to defend one person, that's okay. But lay your criticism at all who attack, instead of just me."

HOLD THE PHONE EVERYONE. This is the same person who is saying that Kevin Franklin, a singular person, is ruining Halo multiplayer. You even say he was the Halo 4 multiplayer lead. He must be leading an team of none. Unless you're being a hypocrite and failing to acknowledge that others may have contributed to what you feel is a slight to Halo. Nonetheless, it's hilarious that you think you have some god given right to blame a singular person, yet can't take the heat when it's brought upon you.

http://i.imgur.com/B3la9zj.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Journalistic Integrity. Something we could use more of in this country.

FyreWulff

The boxart for the GoD version is the platinum hits one, but neither it nor the the Amazon version have the additional content sticker. I'm so confused. Can anyone with the GoD version (if anyone even has it) say if it has the DLC or not? Because I'd rather get it with all the DLC.

GonD is the game only, no DLC.

Gui_PT

Shoutout to Zalinkrow who's birthday is totally today. Will this be the year where he posts more than Xand? Who knows?

Edit: Karl, it's only ok if the person you're blaming doesn't read what you say! >:[

Happy Birthday Heckfu

Happy Birthday Z-Alin-Krow

Top Bottom