• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Redford

aka Cabbie
So after discussion with a few people I have removed OS from my map, and added in two needler in both bases. Here is an updated overview and some more screenshots.

Opus2_zps67adcac6.jpg

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-37_zps83ec8cc7.png

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-33_zps56dd51f8.png

Halo4-Halo4-2013-02-2703-35-20_zps6944da30.png

GT SHIFTY time, if you want to download, Map name is Opus.

This looks excellent, kiwi. And you named it after one of my favorite cartoon characters.

Nebula

So after discussion with a few people I have removed OS from my map, and added in two needler in both bases. Here is an updated overview and some more screenshots.

GT SHIFTY time, if you want to download, Map name is Opus.

Will you be running any customs on this? Looks fantastic.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I have the maps but I haven't played them yet. Friday...

I'm really looking forward to getting all these projects done so I can have time to play video games again. At least until I start working. :(

Nebula

I have the maps but I haven't played them yet. Friday...

I'm really looking forward to getting all these projects done so I can have time to play video games again. At least until I start working. :(

They're fantastic!

In other, more rage induced news. When is 343 going to get onto the task of fixing BTB? In its current state it is an absolute chore to play. Plasma Pistol/Plasma Grenade combo is still running rampant. DMR still encourages people to play more statically and camp for ordnance, and the Vehicles still need that health buff (except the Mantis.) I honestly can't play it, because even on a Mongoose I am guaranteed to have some jackass camp with a Plasma Pistol and hit me with an EMP. He then proceeded to crap on me with two Plasma Grenades.

How did this combination make it through testing? It stifles the hell out of BTB. Halo has a lot of vehicle lovers, and outside of the Tank and Banshee, you're not bound to be able to run a vehicle for longer than 1 minute if you play even slightly aggressively. I would recommend either the removal of the ability to have the DMR, Plasma Grenade and Plasma Pistol in loadouts, or have a seperate gametype where you get standard loadouts (No DMR though) like in Slayer Pro. To compensate for the loss of anti-vehicle weaponry, maps would have to be updated to include Plasma Grenades and Plasma Pistols, and possibly a DMR or two on each side of a map.

Also I would love to see the addition of Objective Gametypes to BTB. It has been absent from the playlist for far too long. Also the inclusion of forge maps would be great, as it is incredibly boring playing Ragnarok and Exile all the time.

Short version: BTB needs updates
-Remove Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades and DMR
-Add Slayer Pro like gametype with no DMR Loadout
-Update maps to include Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenade and DMR spawns
-Buff Vehicle Health
-Addition of Objective and Player made maps

Reach already alienated vehicle users. Don't continue this trend please.

Gui_PT

I've said it many time and I'll say it again, I have dignity therefore I am not French

Haha yeah you know I wa..
Oh, you again. So Its not enough attention for you I guess, hey you know what? I posted once about not liking kittens I think back in 07. Maybe you can go hunt that down and use it for your argument and...

images

A few people at least had the guts to say what this was today but you continue hoping to start the game going again. Don't worry Kevin is fine, I'm quite certain that 343i didn't fire him because JHFerry singled him out. Go home now, there is a nice warm glass of milk on the table to help you sleep.
bmPXl.gif

Defect

OT but this got me thinking.. Microsoft needs a game like Smash that has both Microsoft characters, some third party characters and some brand new characters that have some backstory in the game which can then be fleshed out into full games. Then, Microsoft may have some first party exclusives!

Nintendo brings characters back from the dead and makes new games with them (Pit). It can be done.

Hay.
Low.

A couple characters from Halo, Gears, Viva Piñata (lol), killer instinct, banjo kazooie, conker, etc.

Could revive good ole Rare.

m23

OT but this got me thinking.. Microsoft needs a game like Smash that has both Microsoft characters, some third party characters and some brand new characters that have some backstory in the game which can then be fleshed out into full games. Then, Microsoft may have some first party exclusives!

Nintendo brings characters back from the dead and makes new games with them (Pit). It can be done.

Hay.
Low.

No. We all know it wouldn't turn out a good game. It would kill the characters before they even have their own games lol.

But then again this is coming from someone who only enjoyed the first Super Smash game.

Didn't the playstation version of super smash bros bomb? Microsoft only has master chief and maybe that guy from GoW. I'd love to see characters from older rare games, but it's been mentioned that rare is pretty much the Xbox avatar factory now.

Who else are they gonna include that people will know? The driver from Forza?

m23

Didn't the playstation version of super smash bros bomb? Microsoft only has master chief and maybe that guy from GoW. I'd love to see characters from older rare games, but it's been mentioned that rare is pretty much the Xbox avatar factory now.

Who else are they gonna include that people will know? The driver from Forza?

Stig from TopGear. That would sell some units alone lol.

Nebula

Fixing chrome is easy, also many times it isn't chrome's fault.

Regardless bulletin today? What could be in it? everything is over or out.

I'd like some future TU information. Gametype and playlist changes/shuffles.

Also I got this a few days ago. My luck that day was off the charts. I was scoring all sorts of strange kills that I shouldn't have been hitting.

m23

I think the next TU won't hit until the next map pack. Not expecting anything worthwhile in the bulletin tonight.

For those interested, the Assassins Creed games are the daily deal on GoN from $10-$15. All of them except the 3rd (worst one).

ZalinKrow

Happy Birthday Heckfu

Happy Birthday Z-Alin-Krow

Happy Birthday Krow. Have a drink.
or 5

Also happy birthday ZalinPro!

Thanks guys haha. HaloGAF drama aside, it's good to see a generally positive atmosphere about new maps or Throwdown and stuff. This game feels so close to being even better. Infinity settings is my main gripe right now. But still, Halo's been pretty sweet lately. I'm super grateful for the GoD code courtesy of Mr. Ellis :) Hydra and myself finally being able to play again is great.

Thanks guys haha. HaloGAF drama aside, it's good to see a generally positive atmosphere about new maps or Throwdown and stuff. This game feels so close to being even better. Infinity settings is my main gripe right now. But still, Halo's been pretty sweet lately. I'm super grateful for the GoD code courtesy of Mr. Ellis :) Hydra and myself finally being able to play again is great.

Until we get Simplex of course.

I don't see what they can put in the Bulletin tonight that'll be worthwhile? Map pack, Throwdown, and the TU are all out. It'll be a month before we even hear anything about the "sandbox" TU.

Perhaps, but the next map pack is only 33 days away. Ellis already hinted that the next Title Update will focus on tweaking the weapon sandbox.

He also said that the TU info is "weeks" away and judging by the last TU, they'll give the details 12 hours before it releases.

Fuck off.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think the bulletin will mostly be about the web file browser( that has no rendering film options lol) and maybe about Silentium, isn't its release in a couple of weeks?

Top Bottom