• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

So.. Kotaku Posted This In Their Article About Halo Easter Eggs.
medium.jpg
Using a Blacklight To Reveal A Halsey/Cortana Figure Within The ID Card. Pretty Cool.

Tawpgun

BTB OBJECTIVE YUSS?!?!

Also agreed. New maps in Throwdown and Doubles. I like Infinity Rumble however. Needs less Boltshot though.

Oh jeez, just reminded me that there hasn't been any BTB objective in Halo 4 aside from 6 v 6 in Crimson DLC.

BTB in general needs a COMPLETE overhaul. Map ordnance needs to be static (this applies to all maps I guess...) but there need to be rifles on the map for ammo. And assuming theres no way to ban specific items from loadouts, BTB needs to have fixed loadouts. Just do DMR or BR (I'd prefer the BR for BTB balance/fun but I know people will cry) and pistol with frags. Plasmas and Plasma pistols are on map, and in the bases like in past Halos. NO PERSONAL ORDNANCE. You can include a Infinity BTB option if you really feel the need to keep it in, but please let there be a FUN btb playlist.

If you want power weapons galore go play dominion.

Also, I mentioned how I thought the boltshot nerf wasn't enough, but I do feel its effects now. Regardless, having a one shot kill capable shotgun in your pocket is still a terrible idea.

Oh jeez, just reminded me that there hasn't been any BTB objective in Halo 4 aside from 6 v 6 in Crimson DLC.

BTB in general needs a COMPLETE overhaul. Map ordnance needs to be static (this applies to all maps I guess...) but there need to be rifles on the map for ammo. And assuming theres no way to ban specific items from loadouts, BTB needs to have fixed loadouts. Just do DMR or BR (I'd prefer the BR for BTB balance/fun but I know people will cry) and pistol with frags. Plasmas and Plasma pistols are on map, and in the bases like in past Halos. NO PERSONAL ORDNANCE. You can include a Infinity BTB option if you really feel the need to keep it in, but please let there be a FUN btb playlist.

I agree 100%. All of the issues with the Infinity (fiesta) gametype in a 4v4 environment are multiplied in Infinity BTB. Two minutes into the game, half the people on the map have one variety or another of sniper, shotgun or rocket-class weapons. This is on top of the excess of vehicles that roll around each map. It's like heavies and fiesta combined.

That's the only Big Team experience available in H4. Fiesta Heavies. WTF?

343 has done a lot to improve the game in recent weeks, especially the 4v4 experience. Now it's time to fix Big Team, guys!

I miss Invasion.

Eh. I hated it when the first team never got pass the first objective, so when the next team offensive team does so, the match turns into K/D whoring.

If you were playing against a competent team on Boneyard, getting the Core out of the base was near impossible. If the team in Spire just camps inside the base near the core with Shotguns without anyone leaving, that's match.

Dominion has a power weapon issue, but when a team is dominating, the quicker the game is going to end. I find it overall superior to Invasion.

If you want power weapons galore go play dominion.

Even with Pilot perk you cant stand against snipers rifles and rockets shooting at you at the same time without counting the plasma pistols.

JHall

I actually liked Invasion the entire time. I bitched a lot about the other regular playlists but invasion is my shit

Invasion was a good idea. It's one of the only game types that load outs worked in.

Even though I'd rather play normal BTB when everyone starts on an even playing field. Nothing tops Halo 2 BTB in terms of non 4v4 game types.

People miss Reach? For shame. Halo 4, with issues, demolishes Reach. People may miss Firefight and Invasion, not Reach.

So says the guy that likes Infinity Slayer.
Reach is awesome and vastly superior to 4 in nearly every way.
Feature-wise, sandbox-wise, map-wise, game type-wise, all the wise.

HTupolev

Eh. I hated it when the first team never got pass the first objective, so when the next team offensive team does so, the match turns into K/D whoring.

If you were playing against a competent team on Boneyard, getting the Core out of the base was near impossible.
Yep. The maps the playlist uses often leave a lot to be desired. One thing I still don't understand is why Bungie's idea of a good phase 1 is "one team spawns with nerf guns and has to advance across a massive vulnerable area while the other team hits them with rifles." And yeah, Boneyard base is stupid. One or two of the final phase areas in the Forge World maps in that playlist are just as bad, too.

It doesn't help that the playlist also has invasion slayer, which is mostly just a really crappy form of slayer.

If the team in Spire just camps inside the base near the core with Shotguns without anyone leaving, that's match.
That one is vaguelly solvable. First, play with a team that doesn't give shotguns to the elites. Then, combine jetpack with the hole in the roof to, during attacks on the core, give at least one person on your team a surprise straight shot at the core that they can take whenever they want.

I still managed to enjoy the Invasion playlist, which IMO is saying a lot for how good the gametype is. Invasion customs are ridiculously cool.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So says the guy that likes Infinity Slayer.
Reach is awesome and vastly superior to 4 in nearly every way.
Feature-wise, sandbox-wise, map-wise, game type-wise, all the wise.

Hey, people like fiesta too that doesn't mean they don't know Halo. I enjoy competitive along with random gametypes. Depends on my mood.

Also, no, Reach is not superior. The base gameplay alone in 4 is better than Reach. Features I'll give to you, but really nothing else. :p Opinions I guess.

Striker

The Anniversary Pistol is so bad. Couldn't make it more inconsistent if you tried.
Fits right in with a bloom DMR and spread BR.

I still think the anniversary playlist is pretty good. The pistol is boss again. IDK why they ever got rid of anniversary BTB, that was awesome too.
The Anny settings were so wonky with vehicles. The Rocket Hog ran heavy in Ridgeline, although Ghosts were almost a non issue most of the time. Getting the Grenade Launcher to EMP then stick one is one way to take it down - here we are now 343 puts that type of solution as a starting choice for all vehicle maps.

And yeah, I do miss some facets of Reach. For all the garbage put into Team Objective and the awful Heavies 343 suddenly decided to include, regular Flag, Assault, and oldies like Oddball, King, and Plots is still far above anything available in Halo 4. I mean, I don't think these new maps in Majestic are bad, but the loadouts/perks/AA's/gametypes downright stink for them. Throwdown has to save them, but even then there's flinch, double melee, and crappy timers for ordnance drops.

Booties

Banned
Invasion was a good idea. It's one of the only game types that load outs worked in.

Even though I'd rather play normal BTB when everyone starts on an even playing field. Nothing tops Halo 2 BTB in terms of non 4v4 game types.

Isn't that the playlist the reason why they made loadouts? I blame invasion for everything!

I actually liked invasion if I could get a precision weapon as an elite, but the plasma repeater was OK since the AR wasn't as ridiculous in reach as it is in 4.

Halo 4 is a better game than reach.
Infinity Slayer is Worse than anything in Halo Reach.

Pretty much what I was gonna say.

Hey, people like fiesta too that doesn't mean they don't know Halo. I enjoy competitive along with random gametypes. Depends on my mood.

Also, no, Reach is not superior. The base gameplay alone in 4 is better than Reach. Features I'll give to you, but really nothing else. :p Opinions I guess.

Yeah, I like fiesta too. I don't like fiesta in everything, though. Our opinions differ, and that's fine. Though, I am curious as to why you would say the maps and weapons/vehicles are superior in 4.

Invasion was the pinnacle of gaming and I'm not even joking.

I loved sneaking to the back of the map as an elite on Spire and stealing a falcon, loading up 2 teammates to fly over and kill the carrier at the last second for the win. So awesome. They should have fixed the issues with the game type instead of removing it. I really hate complaining about the same thing over and over, but I really hate that they gutted the game types and removed any way of making things any different than what's forced on us in matchmaking.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No, instead there's an ability to see through walls and an even stronger camo ability.

Doesn't stop me from killing those people. I rarely get frustrated by PV or Invis like I did armor lock. As for weapons, I still enjoy the light rifle and scattershot a lot.

Fuchsdh

Fits right in with a bloom DMR and spread BR.

The Anny settings were so wonky with vehicles. The Rocket Hog ran heavy in Ridgeline, although Ghosts were almost a non issue most of the time. Getting the Grenade Launcher to EMP then stick one is one way to take it down - here we are now 343 puts that type of solution as a starting choice for all vehicle maps.

And yeah, I do miss some facets of Reach. For all the garbage put into Team Objective and the awful Heavies 343 suddenly decided to include, regular Flag, Assault, and oldies like Oddball, King, and Plots is still far above anything available in Halo 4. I mean, I don't think these new maps in Majestic are bad, but the loadouts/perks/AA's/gametypes downright stink for them. Throwdown has to save them, but even then there's flinch, double melee, and crappy timers for ordnance drops.
Reach had far more issues with double melee. It's a nonissue most of the time in 4.

Striker

Doesn't stop me from killing those people. I rarely get frustrated by PV or Invis like I did armor lock. As for weapons, I still enjoy the light rifle and scattershot a lot.
Scattershot is basically the Halo 2 Shotgun, and the LightRifle, while okay, does not make up for the atrocity that is the Boltshot, Binary Rifle, and Incineration Cannon. Overpowered and often available in CTF and Slayer.

The human Shotgun in 4 is super powerful and with a low ammo drop, works way better than the Scattersot. I get they wanted to jam a new weapon down our throat, but it is too inconsistent.

Reach had far more issues with double melee. It's a nonissue most of the time in 4.
Both games had severe issues. Double melee existed in Halo 3 too. It's a very frustrating decision Bungie went to - gimp the regular weapons and beef the melee.

The Light Rifle's in Matchmaking? And I find Halo 4 (especially at the state it is now with the Majestic Map Pack and Team Throwdown) to be a better game than Reach, hands down. Though it still needs more improvement than what Halo 2 & 3 ever needed.

Reach MLG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo Reach > Halo 4

Halo 4 AGL was pretty good.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Light Rifle's in Matchmaking? And I find Halo 4 (especially at the state it is now with the Majestic Map Pack and Team Throwdown) to be a better game than Reach, hands down. Though it still needs more improvement than what Halo 2 & 3 ever needed.

Use the light rifle in your loadout. Also I found it on most maps, including in team throwdown on lockout. I love the triple burst when un-scoped, and the single shot while scoped.

Top Bottom