• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Frankie: "We couldn't fit in the Mark V armor because there wasn't enough room."

klp1pUX.png

They've consistently taken out my emblem since Halo 2. For the record, I had Race, Librarian, some ODST exclusive in ODST, Display in Reach, and now the Rogue skull emblem with a Chevron background. Chances are they're going to get rid of it, too. Fuck emblems.

Alchemical

Neo Member
It's a stupid point.

You know what one of the more subtle shifts has been in recent Halo games to it's detriment? Punishing players who move and rewarding players who don't. That's the exact opposite of how it should be.

Limiting grenades, personal ordnance, sprint, removal of powerups, armor abilities, slow movement, slow strafe, boltshot loadouts.

All of these serve to punish movement and encourage players to camp. Why does moving at a reasonable pace require that I can no longer shoot and am at a disadvantage in every encounter?

Gotta admit, I don't even think this is debatable. Take CE. Only in very specific map setups (top control Damnation 2v2 etc.) was map movement essentially detrimental to your teams performance. To just randomly sit some place on a CE map for more than a minute was a pretty stupid strategy and you'd be pretty much guaranteed to be punished for it.

Whereas by the time Reach came along, it was easily possible to get perfections and easy wins just sitting in one-two spots for the entire match. I've also had much better scores on Halo 4 when I just stop map-roaming, pick a vantage point and cross-map DMR all game.

Tawpgun

Waypoint says Abandon is in the playlist.

AAs as killstreaks is bad because you can't practically predict whether someone has one, let alone which.

The Deluxe gametypes have (set) loadouts.

The weapons (aside from one I think) spawn X minutes after someone picks them up, not consistently every X minutes. Not static.

Heckfu shut up

I guess you're right technically. I just think they don't add anything bad to the game. I complained about AA's all the time, don't mind them at all in Throwdown.

I wasn't talking about Deluxe. Yeah its in Team Throwdown the same way Uncaged was in Squad Slayer.
But I don't mind it either

What. But thats how it was in previous Halos? The timer starts on pick up.

heckfuuuuuuuuuuu

Also, I've had runes emblem since Halo 2 and its been in every Halo since because I don't pick shitty emblems.

Maybe map movement and map development in general is of a lower quality today because we have so many more resources with the potential to clutter maps up with things like elaborate set pieces. Forge maps being way better than some of the default ones could just be because we have to operate on simpler properties and focus on gameplay rather than baked-in shaders or curves.

Or, y'know, it's because Kevin Franklin and Geoff Keighley used the Boltshot to make 9/11 happen using Michael Vick's army of bald eagles.

They also removed numbers from the emblems available, right?

I WANT MY NUMBER 5

I also lost my number emblem and was blown away by there being none. A simliar reaction with everything halo 4 though. For example, the new web file browser doesnt let you directly download files. What do you do when your fileshare is full?

Maybe map movement and map development in general gets is of a lower quality today because we have so many more resources with the potential to clutter maps up with things like elaborate set pieces. Forge maps being way better than some of the default ones could just be because we have to operate on simpler properties and focus on gameplay rather than baked-in shaders or curves.

Or, y'know, it's because Kevin Franklin and Geoff Keighley used the Boltshot to make 9/11 happen using Michael Vick's army of bald eagles.

^^lol

That's certainly part of it I think. And so we get "parking lot" maps with sweet skyboxes instead. I'm really curious what the focus of Castle is going to be, I heard it's supposedly coming early April?

Honestly though, it would be nice to have DLC for Halo that is more than just 3 maps. While its not perfect, I do like how Battlefield seeks to add a lot with their mappacks/expansions.

Yessir. I've always felt 3 maps was a little silly for a DLC pack. I'd be more than willing to pay $15-$20 for a little bit more content each time. Maybe 5 maps and a game mode or two. Or just release more Solo/Co-op DLC. Still wondering if there will be a Halo 4: 720 edition, or some sort of mid-life boost game this Fall akin to ODST/Anniversary.

Jetpack + ARs are the new hotness now apparently.

Also, pretty cool that they made an achievement ENCOURAGING the use of Camo. So. Awesome.

Top Bottom