• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

I hope Castle is more small maps. The worst part about sprint is how big it forces all the maps to be. Just bump up the movement to 110% or 120% instead

GrizzNKev

Banned
ibo4INILUvidpY.gif

Welcome to the new age of the gaming industry!

ibomUdu8u6mFTj.gif

Wait till next gen when they ban used games and the new game prices go up.

iY5s9C3XnXJAY.gif

NO

Overdoziz

Banned
I guess you're right technically. I just think they don't add anything bad to the game. I complained about AA's all the time, don't mind them at all in Throwdown.

I wasn't talking about Deluxe. Yeah its in Team Throwdown the same way Uncaged was in Squad Slayer.
But I don't mind it either

What. But thats how it was in previous Halos? The timer starts on pick up.
Reach MLG (and maybe Halo 3?) has weapons that spawn every X minutes, regardless of when they're picked up. Without it spawn timers can become annoying to keep track of.

--

On a related note: Does anyone know how weapon timers work when there's a black screen (in Reach MLG)? Does it just reset completely? So if the spawn time is 2 minutes it will just spawn right after the lack screen and then two minutes after the black screen? Annoys me to hell when it happens in a competitive match and the other teams gets an advantage just because they happened to be close to a weapon spawn when the black screen occurred.

Rigest

Neo Member
So I don't want to hijack this topic, but I want to reach as many Halo communities as possible with this:

I started a Halo 4 Survey ("The months after") because I am a big Halo fan and think Halo 4 still has much more potential. I was kind of surprised with the tremendous support from all Halo communities.

I was hoping you can miss a few minutes to complete this survey. The more people participate, the bigger our chances are for getting 343 to notice this!

Here is the survey. Of course I will share a summary and the results here!

So I don't want to hijack this topic, but I want to reach as many Halo communities as possible with this:

I started a Halo 4 Survey ("The months after") because I am a big Halo fan and think Halo 4 still has much more potential. I was kind of surprised with the tremendous support from all Halo communities.

I was hoping you can miss a few minutes to complete this survey. The more people participate, the bigger our chances are for getting 343 to notice this!

I will complete your survey if and only if you promise to keep your avatar as a platypus wearing a giant, floppy strap-on until otherwise noted.

I'd make the avatar and everything. Prime opportunity.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd be down for a DLC pack with new armor and stuff. Bungie couldn't do that due to tech, but it's doable in Halo 4 right?

Give me my cyclone emblem back pls. I'm glad at least my Halo 2 emblem made it.

Tawpgun

Reach MLG (and maybe Halo 3?) has weapons that spawn every X minutes, regardless of when they're picked up. Without it spawn timers can become annoying to keep track of.

--

On a related note: Does anyone know how weapon timers work when there's a black screen (in Reach MLG)? Does it just reset completely? So if the spawn time is 2 minutes it will just spawn right after the lack screen and then two minutes after the black screen? Annoys me to hell when it happens in a competitive match and the other teams gets an advantage just because they happened to be close to a weapon spawn when the black screen occurred.

Can someone back me up on this? I'm like 90% sure the respawn timers, at least in non-MLG Halo, have always started once a weapon is picked up. The only thing that changed from the games is if the weapon respawns again whether or not you're still holding it. I believe in Halo 2 you could hold on to some empty rockets and as soon as you drop them the new ones spawn in.

And the respawn timers would be hard to be made exact unless you have good coordination with your team and your team picks up the weapon. But that was never really an issue. You just know that it takes about 10-15 seconds to get to the rockets. So lets say the game is 12 minutes long. You know what rockets spawn every 3 minutes. So you make sure you're set up around the spawn at 8:50, 5:50 and 2:50. That's how I always played.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can someone back me up on this? I'm like 90% sure the respawn timers, at least in non-MLG Halo, have always started once a weapon is picked up. The only thing that changed from the games is if the weapon respawns again whether or not you're still holding it. I believe in Halo 2 you could hold on to some empty rockets and as soon as you drop them the new ones spawn in.

And the respawn timers would be hard to be made exact unless you have good coordination with your team and your team picks up the weapon. But that was never really an issue. You just know that it takes about 10-15 seconds to get to the rockets. So lets say the game is 12 minutes long. You know what rockets spawn every 3 minutes. So you make sure you're set up around the spawn at 8:50, 5:50 and 2:50. That's how I always played.
You're right, you rarely see real static spawns like in Reach MLG in Halo, but it plays much nicer in my opinion. The biggest issue I have with the system where it spawns X minutes after pick-up is that the added time will keep stacking every time it spawns. The first spawn it will be picked up 10 seconds after spawn, the next 5 seconds after, meaning that the third spawn will be 15 seconds later than it would've originally spawned. The further into a match, the more of a mess it can become. You can argue from both sides, but I prefer it just being consistent so people know what they can expect.

In Halo 3 you could definitely dirty a respawn time, but it doesn't take off when you pick it up, it starts when the weapon stops moving. For example, if a sniper spawned just off the floor and you picked it up and went somewhere, the timer wouldn't start until you stopped for a second or two. I think they took this out in Reach. I think in 4 it starts when you pick up the weapon

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

--

In H3 you could dirty weapons so it was important to not pick weapons the instant they dropped.

In Reach MLG after black screen its almost like a new match has begun. So if a weapon is on a 2 minute timer it will respawn again 2 minutes after black screen

This is good news. Hopefully players responding to the changes.

Honestly, i can understand why people would drop it. Some things bother me a lot and i stick with it cause overall, i do enjoy it. But the removal of a lot of custom options, or the X when you die, gametypes like assault and one flag, fuck that really bothers me. Why remove shit?? Adding stuff, fine. But removing stuff?? When has that ever been successful? Put the odds on your side and keep the features in, dont remove them!

Still cant render videos in 4 on the site. God damn. Those little things add up and its annoying. And im a fan! Imagine people who arent. I totally get why people move on.

Submitted Survey :)
Could we see all (if not most) of survey results regarding Halo 4? Would be interesting to see such feedback for the Community.

ultron87

Honestly, i can understand why people would drop it. Some things bother me a lot and i stick with it cause overall, i do enjoy it. But the removal of a lot of custom options, or the X when you die, gametypes like assault and one flag, fuck that really bothers me. Why remove shit?? Adding stuff, fine. But removing stuff?? When has that ever been successful? Put the odds on your side and keep the features in, dont remove them!

The removal of Assault bugs me to no end. Especially when Grifball exists which is just an Assault variant. Grrrrr.

Rigest

Neo Member
Submitted Survey :)
Could we see all (if not most) of survey results regarding Halo 4? Would be interesting to see such feedback for the Community.

Yes I will post all results (except the email addresses) and a summary with analysis. I want to get as many results as possible, but I will probably post them somewhere next week (here and in other communities).

That's a very predictable survey.

Assault and one flag, are my favorite game-types. Oh, and both are gone. :(

Hell yeah. One bomb Zanzibar, Valhalla. One flag Ascension, High Ground... And you can switch the gametypes, too, so One flag Zanzi, etc. So good. I'm really enjoying Extraction on Landfall, actually. Reminds me of those asym gametypes.

Just realized I forgot to mention Neutral bomb (rip flag), which is also really fun.

Hell yeah. One bomb Zanzibar, Valhalla. One flag Ascension, High Ground... And you can switch the gametypes, too, so One flag Zanzi, etc. So good. I'm really enjoying Extraction on Landfall, actually. Reminds me of those asym gametypes.

Honestly i tried it and i wasnt into it. I dunno if i just wasnt understanding but i didnt like how it felt like a territories gametype.

The beauty of assault was finding a way to sneak into the base and planning strategies. It doesnt happen in extraction i find.

metzger203

The removal of Assault bugs me to no end. Especially when Grifball exists which is just an Assault variant. Grrrrr.

This. 1 flag and assault were two of my favorite gametypes. It's weird to me that 343 took out all the asymmetrical gametypes but still force people to play symmetrical gametypes on asymmetrical maps.

You never got multi flag on Zanzibar in Halo 2 matchmaking because that would have been stupid. So why do we have multi flag on Abandon? Doesn't it seem like 1 flag would be a better fit given the map's layout?

On a more positive note: I'm thinking of playing through my favorite campaign levels across the main games and possibly recording it. Sort of like a greatest hits compilation of the Halo campaigns. So far I've picked 5 levels from each game (except Halo 2 where I did 3 Chief missions and 3 Arbiter missions). Which levels should I pick for Halo 4?

Halo: CE

-Halo
-Truth and Reconciliation
-The Silent Cartographer
-Assault on the Control Room
-343 Guilty Spark

Halo 2

-Outskirts
-Metropolis
-Delta Halo
-Quarantine Zone
-Uprising
-The Great Journey

Halo 3

-Tsavo Highway
-The Storm
-The Ark
-The Covenant
-Halo

Halo: Reach

-Nightfall
-Long Night of Solace
-Exodus
-New Alexandria
-Lone Wolf

Blueblur1

On the subject of emblems: I'd trade all the new emblems to get the missing old ones back. I would especially get rid of the terrible ones that unlock with the specializations. They are so so so horrible.

This. 1 flag and assault were two of my favorite gametypes. It's weird to me that 343 took out all the asymmetrical gametypes but still force people to play symmetrical gametypes on asymmetrical maps.

You never got multi flag on Zanzibar in Halo 2 matchmaking because that would have been stupid. So why do we have multi flag on Abandon? Doesn't it seem like 1 flag would be a better fit given the map's layout?

On a more positive note: I'm thinking of playing through my favorite campaign levels across the main games and possibly recording it. Sort of like a greatest hits compilation of the Halo campaigns. So far I've picked 5 levels from each game (except Halo 2 where I did 3 Chief missions and 3 Arbiter missions). Which levels should I pick for Halo 4?

Halo 3

-Tsavo Highway
-The Storm
-The Ark
-The Covenant
-Halo

Cortana?

Halo 2

-Outskirts
-Metropolis
-Delta Halo
-Quarantine Zone
-Uprising
-The Great Journey

Oh I know you aren't playing Delta Halo but not Regret... ;)

Also, why Lone Wolf instead of Pillar Of Autumn in Reach?

Also need to put Crow's Nest in under Halo 3. Probably some of the best on-foot encounters ever on that level.

TCKaos

Invasion was the pinnacle of gaming and I'm not even joking.

I would have loved a fleshed-out Invasion expansion for Reach. Buff the Plasma Repeater, slightly buff the Plasma Pistol, add more maps and vehicles and increase player count to 16. Give one team a boss to use (I did this with a custom powerup on my maps that would turn the player gold and would usually spawn right next to a sword to emulate a Zealot). Expansions that added more objectives and more scenarios such as destroying generators or bringing a terminal online would have been fantastic.

Hhhhnnngggg.

I would have loved a fleshed-out Invasion expansion for Reach. Buff the Plasma Repeater, slightly buff the Plasma Pistol, add more maps and vehicles and increase player count to 16. Give one team a boss to use (I did this with a custom powerup on my maps that would turn the player gold and would usually spawn right next to a sword to emulate a Zealot). Expansions that added more objectives and more scenarios such as destroying generators or bringing a terminal online would have been fantastic.

Hhhhnnngggg.

PVP Spartan Ops/Firefight.

If the dude is boarding the butt of my Wraith, I'd love to be able to press X to get out instead of waiting to die. Thanks.

And to add, if someone is assassinating me, I would like to press X to kindly walk away. I know he got behind me, but everyone makes mistakes. I shouldn't suffer for it.

Top Bottom