• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Toa TAK

Banned
I agree with the notion that Halo Reach had a great campaign. Story and characters were (for the most part) terrible, but the gameplay and settings were spot on. The only thing that annoyed me was the introduction of the "RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD" bullshit that's going to slowly infect the series. I'd prefer my not-as-obnoxious invisible walls.

Fotos

Reach's environments were really unique and I enjoyed all of them.

1: And what is Halo 3? You killed people place to place. Halo:Reach had more unique missions then Halo 3. Most unique and fun area was the Hornet sky battle in Halo 3.

2: I agree at an extent, but they are had different personalities, which made them noticeable.

3: Kat has the same driving physics as any other AI in any Halo game.

I don't know what it is but I can play the Halo 3 campaign anytime and I will never get bored. There was more variety in Halo 3 compared to Reach. Just look at the mission "Covenant" Just in that mission alone you have the choice to drive every vehicle in the game use almost every weapon and you get to take out 2 scarabs in anyway you want. It seemed like in Reach all you did was run around and shoot people.

I filled out that survey, and am curious to see the results even though I know it won't necessarily represent what the majority thinks of the game.

Nowise10

I don't know what it is but I can play the Halo 3 campaign anytime and I will never get bored. There was more variety in Halo 3 compared to Reach. Just look at the mission "Covenant" Just in that mission alone you have the choice to drive every vehicle in the game use almost every weapon and you get to take out 2 scarabs. It seemed like in Reach all you did was run around and shoot people.

And people only go back to "The Covenant" whenever Halo 3 campaign is talked about.

Its a good mission, I know, but Reach had just the same amount of fun, but on more missions then Halo 3.

It might be the story of Halo 3 that sells it better, as you're finishing the fight, while on Reach you dont really have any storyline until the end, and you just fight covenant while Reach is being invaded, but I think the gameplay for Reach is the best.

Reach's campaign was also awesome for tricking

Tawpgun

I filled out that survey, and am curious to see the results even though I know it won't necessarily represent what the majority thinks of the game.

Actually...

I wonder if this is possible but you know how 343 can put a big splash image before you start the game? Like to notify you of updates. I wonder if you can put up a mandatory questionairre for people to fill out before going to play. Like 10 or less questions.

heckfu

Banned
Actually...

I wonder if this is possible but you know how 343 can put a big splash image before you start the game? Like to notify you of updates. I wonder if you can put up a mandatory questionairre for people to fill out before going to play. Like 10 or less questions.

Tawpgun that sounds like a terrible idea.

Tawpgun

ITS SO GOOD.

No more "vocal minority" People will answer questions and 343 will know, and not look at player data when it is known that everyone plays the top, default slayer playlists.

ps get on halo

that goes for anyone else

if you're not a scrubby mcBK

and I like you

Tunavi

Banned
I agree with the notion that Halo Reach had a great campaign. Story and characters were (for the most part) terrible, but the gameplay and settings were spot on. The only thing that annoyed me was the introduction of the "RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD" bullshit that's going to slowly infect the series. I'd prefer my not-as-obnoxious invisible walls.
horrible story/plot/characters

but storming the beach in long night of solace/exploring new alexandria...so good.

J10

Banned
Actually...

Email that shit. Most people would only be annoyed if a questionnaire popped up in-game.

heckfu

Banned
ITS SO GOOD.

No more "vocal minority" People will answer questions and 343 will know, and not look at player data when it is known that everyone plays the top, default slayer playlists.

ps get on halo

that goes for anyone else

if you're not a scrubby mcBK

and I like you

Took an extra shift (+4) on my off week. I'll be home when I get home.

Mexicans are still fat and wearing sombreros in MG: Rising, god damn.

Actually...

More doritos ads in my screen?

Damn.

I really want my next large investment to be a Super PC. That is the first thing I'm buying as soon as i find a new job.

It's worth it. So many great games to play that aren't available on consoles. I remember being worried that great games would be announced for PC only. When I heard SimCity was going to be only on PC, it was nice to say "not a problem for me." Same with Total War: Rome II.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i think it would be more useful or informative if the questions were more specific about possible changes. most of the survey seemed very vague "do you want halo 4 changed to what the community wants?" type of stuff. that and "how do you score halo 4 from 1 to 10" are virtually useless.

Reach's environments were really cool and unique and I enjoyed all of them.

1: And what is Halo 3? You killed people place to place. Halo:Reach had more unique missions then Halo 3. Most fun area was the Hornet sky battle in Halo 3.

2: I agree at an extent, but they are had different personalities, which made them noticeable.

3: Kat has the same driving physics as any other AI in any Halo game.
in 3 your travelled from place to place and fought people on the way, and some at the place you were at. Reach was almost all "wait here for something to happen while you fight off waves of enemies." Let's not even bring up the writing either

Omni

Damn.

I really want my next large investment to be a Super PC. That is the first thing I'm buying as soon as i find a new job.

I can honestly say that the only reason why don't play on PC is because I can't use keyboard and mouse in game. I could probably learn if I wanted to, but I really don't like being shit on 24/7 until that point (take a game like BF3 for example. On console I'm usually on the top of the leaderboard at the end of every match - well first, second or third - but with PC I'm usually last while barely breaking even or going negative.

I can honestly say that the only reason why don't play on PC is because I can't use keyboard and mouse in game. I could probably learn if I wanted to, but I really don't like being shit on 24/7 until that point (take a game like BF3 for example. On console I'm usually on the top of the leaderboard at the end of every match - well first, second or third - but with PC I'm usually last while barely breaking even or going negative.

Practice with a game you don't care about and that's still fun, like TF2. It's free and very okay-ish.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope they kill the FFA regicide playlist soon if the other FFA list is going to be permanent at some point.
I hope they kill it only to give us back KotH.

Fuck it, run KotH FFA and Doubles playlists, just to make up for all that time there were two fucking Regicide playlists.

Classic Tawpgun
horrible story/plot/characters

but storming the beach in long night of solace/exploring new alexandria...so good.

Yes. I assume that was a product of them building the levels they wanted to, and then attempting to weave the plot into that.

The missions themselves are still very fun to me, really enjoy it.

The cinematography is some serious UNF as well, so well shot.

Fotos

It was really easy for me to get use to it. After my first few games of CS:GO (first time I used a mouse and keyboard in a game) I was getting sick headshots with the sniper. My friends who play it a lot were shocked haha.

Tawpgun

v1r7axe.png

Semi-boring

Half of the questions are going to be 90% Yes/No, especially when directed to Halo communities. The survey creator will post the results and all of our responses will be "Yeah, we knew that already, and so does 343."

Stinkles and lybertyboy can lurk as much as they want, but an organized, statistical collection of data is going to go leaps and bounds farther than someone like Antitype going on about how Halo 4's game mechanics are a bubbling cauldron of shit. We may not draw that much of a fine line here on the internet but as far as translating to real-world changes go, something organized is always going to be preferred, no matter how minute.

willow ve

And after all that bitching about stupid achievements... you can get the 5 Airassasinations achievement in a custom game. Select Infinity FFA from your recent game history, load up skyline, use a second controller, done.

Double kill with a pulse grenade is all that remains. From random chatter it seems like this is pretty glitchy to get. Some people get it by throwing a grenade and then getting a beatdown within the grenade radius, some get it randomly, some get a legit double kill with the grenade.

Ken

And after all that bitching about stupid achievements... you can get the 5 Airassasinations achievement in a custom game. Select Infinity FFA from your recent game history, load up skyline, use a second controller, done.

Double kill with a pulse grenade is all that remains. From random chatter it seems like this is pretty glitchy to get. Some people get it by throwing a grenade and then getting a beatdown within the grenade radius, some get it randomly, some get a legit double kill with the grenade.

B-b-b-ut you're ruining the value of that achievement! You're just like the people who got the 1M points Firefight achievement in customs AHHH.

Karl2177

This is my map "Ravage". I'd like to submit it to the forge contest but I really need to playtest it. Anyone up for playing some games with me?
I'll be on all night. Just friend me(DI Exero) and we can start playing.

Dunno if I'm the only one, but all of those image links are broken.

Alright, with the file share on Waypoint. When you click on a screenshot, does the screenshot load for anyone? Won't work on Chrome or IE for me?

So I was searching for a new wallpaper.

Does anyone know where I could find this image...

But without the task bar and the letters?

If no one finds it for you I could 'shop them out for you later, of course though I'd need to resize it afterwards but it'd be simple enough.
That would be awesome, but take your time. I'm not in a hurry to change it, is just that I found that image and after searching a bit in google I didn't found it in wallpaper size, just as a poster.

Ghazi

So I was searching for a new wallpaper...

Does anyone know where I could find this image?

But without the task bar and the letters?

If no one finds it for you I could 'shop them out for you later, of course though I'd need to resize it afterwards but it'd be simple enough.

Top Bottom