• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Kibbles

So I was searching for a new wallpaper.

Does anyone know where I could find this image...

But without the task bar and the letters?

That would be awesome, but take your time. I'm not in a hurry to change it, is just that I found that image and after searching a bit in google I didn't found it in wallpaper size, just as a poster.

Shopped it for you (yay content aware):
iFJUMGzOkMr32.jpg

This is my map "Ravage". I'd like to submit it to the forge contest but I really need to playtest it. Anyone up for playing some games with me?
I'll be on all night. Just friend me(DI Exero) and we can start playing.

You probably noticed but your images are broken..

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Seems the file share screenshot images work as links for a certain amount of time. I posted some last night and an hour later they stopped working.

Decided to get back into Halo 4 online today. I bought the LE at launch and entered in all the codes then. Just tried to get my free Crimson and Majestic packs and they are nowhere to be found. Says I have to pay 800 ms points for each?

What is going on?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Decided to get back into Halo 4 online today. I bought the LE at launch and entered in all the codes then. Just tried to get my free Crimson and Majestic packs and they are nowhere to be found. Says I have to pay 800 ms points for each?

What is going on?

Go to the in game DLC menu. It should say free there.

Go to the in game DLC menu. It should say free there.

I'm doing this in game. Xbox Live Marketplace menu from the Halo 4 main menu gets me nothing. Also try doing it directly by selecting one of the DLC playlists which takes me to the store and that's where they show up for 800 points each.

Edit: Just checked my history and I downloaded Crimson previously. So this worked before and I just need Majestic.

Edit: I restarted the game and it worked. LOL WUT!?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have to go at 8:30. I don't suppose you'd mind playing one game on my map before that?

Yeah, load it up and invite me.

I'm doing this in game. Xbox Live Marketplace menu from the Halo 4 main menu gets me nothing. Also try doing it directly by selecting one of the DLC playlists which takes me to the store and that's where they show up for 800 points each.

Edit: Just checked my history and I downloaded Crimson previously. So this worked before and I just need Majestic.

Odd, when I did it the other day it opens the DLC pop up and is already on the Majestic pack like you've selected it. Then you just hit confirm purchase.

Fotos

Useless Bulletin to me. As long as Team Throwdown is still there I will never need to play the Extraction Playlist.

Karl2177

We couldn't figure out how the story ended. Room full of smart people, all with storytelling skills and the resumes to prove it, and we could not tie a bow on this story in the outline stage. Then Frank O'Connor says, “Maybe Jul just drives Requiem into the sun.” And we all laughed, because that was so wonderfully absurd. A half hour later we still didn't have an idea of how the Requiem adventure ended. Eventually we let Jul drive Requiem into the sun because, come on. That’s pretty awesome, throwing planets into suns.

... I'm at a loss of words.

From the bulletin.
We couldn’t figure out how the story ended. Room full of smart people, all with storytelling skills and the resumes to prove it, and we could not tie a bow on this story in the outline stage. Then Frank O’Connor says, “Maybe Jul just drives Requiem into the sun.” And we all laughed, because that was so wonderfully absurd. A half hour later we still didn’t have an idea of how the Requiem adventure ended. Eventually we let Jul drive Requiem into the sun because, come on. That’s pretty awesome, throwing planets into suns.

Poor Catherine Halsey. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a monster. A war criminal. A woman who kidnapped and killed children because she thought the ends justified the means.

oh how I hate what 343 did to Halsey.

Havok

Looks like the Extraction variant they're using for the playlist is the default, not the Throwdown variant (see: 45 seconds vs. 60 seconds to extract). If it has multiple sites active at once like the default does, that's...unfortunate, as the default Extraction variant is one of the most passive gametypes I've seen - something the Throwdown variant definitely isn't. Still, can't help but think that Extraction should be in Team Objective, pushing Team Regicide out in the process (if not now, then soon). At this rate, I'm not sure if TO will be around much longer. Yesterday's peak was below 1k players. I think not having Flag in the mix as a staple hurt its perception.

FyreWulff

It's kind of weird because now we technically have two Halo games now that ended with something being used to blow up a sun.

Halo 1: Blow up Installation 04
Halo 2: Only Halo where the installation we go to doesn't get blown up (Delta Halo)
Halo 3: Blow up Installation 00 and Installation 04 (again)
Wars: Blow up a sun to destroy a Shield world
Reach: Blow up the crashed Forerunner ship
4: Blow up Didact's Ship with a nuke
4 SPOPS: Blow up the Shield World, destroying the sun

Now I loved Glasslands and Thursday War, but you gotta wonder what Eric Nylund would think about all this.

I would like them, except for the fact that every 5 or so pages we have either some shit character dropping their personal vendetta against Halsey, or Halsey herself, with her internal monologues of self hate and pity. There is writing a good story, and evolving a good character, then there is what 343 did, which flat out seeks to destroy her character and present their 'vision'.

Toa TAK

Banned
I would like them, except for the fact that every 5 or so pages we have either some shit character dropping their personal vendetta against Halsey, or Halsey herself, with her internal monologues of self hate and pity. There is writing a good story, and evolving a good character, then there is what 343 did, which flat out seeks to destroy her character and present their 'vision'.

I don't even know why. Don't they have something planned in the long run with her? Was it always their intention to maker her out into a villain or something?

Bungie did right with the way they did her in Reach. Perfect I think.

Top Bottom