• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

wwm0nkey

Assault was fun for customs. In MM no one ever voted for it or even played it seriously.

Last time i enjoyed a game of assault was on Waterworks BTB on Halo 2.

Climbing up to the top of the structure and sniping the shit out of the enemy team while the bomb was ran into the base like a cunt.

Good times.

Assault on Headlong, Terminal, Water Works and Burial Mounds were amazing. It was ok in Halo 3 and.....I don't think I played it in Reach?

I think some of the maps in Halo 4 would work pretty well with it though. Or they could make a map pack designed around 1-flag and Assault and release 2 new gametypes!

Madness

Of course it's fucking Ocarina of Time. Jesus, you're the one sporting the link avatar. Guess what the differnce between your avatar and link in OOT is?

The Link in OOT isn't always a child.

And saying the same thing over and over in the hope I might see it, isn't childish? Were you even old enough to play when OoT launched?

Assault on Headlong, Terminal, Water Works and Burial Mounds were amazing. It was ok in Halo 3 and.....I don't think I played it in Reach?

I think some of the maps in Halo 4 would work pretty well with it though. Or they could make a map pack designed around 1-flag and Assault and release 2 new gametypes!

Id love to see that happen. Objective just aint what it used to be though. Majority of players are all about slayer/deathmatch.

Look at Gears of War and how over time it moved away from the 1 life per round style to Team Deathmatch style. Its objective modes get barely any play either.

People these days prefer fast Slayer modes. Populations dont lie.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I guess what I want to ask is if the death x's have a chance at coming back In halo 4, or if I should just stop bringing it up because its not gonna happen and hope you guys put it in the next one.

We are going to continue to support Halo 4 for a long time, so anything is possible. Well, not anything. But some things.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Xs are particularly important in "sudden" game types, like SWAT or Snipers, where the location of a death can warn you explicitly of danger, rather than items or strategic points. So it's not so much about what other players call out, but rather knowing the difference between a player running out of your field of view (his call-sign vanishes because you're no longer looking at him) and dying (it vanishes because he's dead.)

True, yet it also is used in your standard gametypes to not only warn of danger, but also to let you know when there is a potential kill that you can get for the team. If someone yells "one shot at my X" I immediately know there's a player that is about dead that I can kill to gain another point for the team.

In objective games it's more what you noted, used to warn of danger as kills aren't the win condition. X's on objective games let me know when someone is coming for the flag I am guarding, or a general idea of where the other team may be so I can better position myself to take them on or surprise them.

Overall a teammate dying isn't just a death, it provides a ton of information that can be deciphered. Where he died, how he died (based on audio potentially), how many people died in that area (thus how many enemies might be there, or a tank), and how close that enemy is to me. The red X was nice for that because if I see my whole team die I can bet on the other team rushing the flag in CTF, etc.

We are going to continue to support Halo 4 for a long time, so anything is possible. Well, not anything. But some things.

Halo 4 works on the next Xbox confirmed? :p

KyleJ is cherry picking quotes to compound his opinion, which I do too, I suppose, but the ending wasn't a throwaway joke, it was a writer's room meeting whereby we needed something big enough to destroy Requiem, a heavily armored shield world, and agency by Jul. So while it is "absurd" Brian is simply describing a normal writer's room process, whereby tons of boring, medium and crazy ideas are passed around and digested and altered and adapted.

But noted for the future, we will describe these things in dry bullet point lists with no information about the process and we will avoid colorful lanuage and metaphor lest it befuddle the simple country folk of the community thread.
Sorry, but maybe you should have had BS Angel clarify that in the bulletin then. You (BS Angel) are professionals no? Portray yourselves as such at least. The bulletin made it seem like you thought of the ending out of nowhere as a joke, makes it seem like you ended Spartan Ops with a "joke" because why not! Maybe you should have clarified it, for us "simple country folk" so the meeting seems like a professional meeting of writers doing their job ans not sitting around having fun.

Frank, hook a man up with a Halo Wars DLC discount/sale. Been playing non stop for the last month after a 2 year hiatus and Im half way to General rank.

1600 points for 4 maps and 3 gametypes for a 4+ year old game is steep.

Discount it to coincide with the GonD sale and youll be rolling in microsoft points.

Duji

The lack of feedback in this game was the first thing everyone noticed wrong. No one could tell if they were being shot, no red X's, and like Tawpgun said, too subtle of an indicator about who is firing/being shot upon. I also think the callsigns and gamertags don't stand out enough on the HUD. Needs a little more contrast with all the blue, especially on a map like haven.

I'm so tired of seeing blue everywhere.

Remember how your reticle and your teammates' service tags would blend in perfectly with the sky on any Forge World map in Reach? Who in their right mind decided that those three things should all be the exact same colour. That was probably my only gripe with the Reach UI.

wwm0nkey

Id love to see that happen. Objective just aint what it used to be though. Majority of players are all about slayer/deathmatch.

Look at Gears of War and how over time it moved away from the 1 life per round style to Team Deathmatch style. Its objective modes get barely any play either.

People these days prefer fast Slayer modes. Populations dont lie.

I think thats more because of how the objectives changed, contesting was a huge thing in Halo 2 but that system changed in Halo 3 which made it (to me) less enjoyable so I played it less.

CTF got a lot of shit to in Reach because it didn't bounce and the default maps were not really the best for it. Halo 4 we have the problem of auto pick up but on Skyline CTF is the most amazing and from what I've seen, most voted for gametype.

So maps and objective features play into it a lot. Also Remember A LOT of Halo 2 maps were built with particular objectives in mind.

Booties

Banned

This is going in my spank bank. Can't wait to sexile my roommate when I withdrawl this gem.

Also, my friends and I refer to masturbation as "working on some spreadsheets". Can this catch on?

Tawpgun

I suppose this is the best I'm gonna get since. Thanks. Hope someone there is at least looking into it.

Good to see you back here. Now if only you'd play something other than SWAT.

Stinkles

I suppose this is the best I'm gonna get since. Thanks. Hope someone there is at least looking into it.

Good to see you back here. Now if only you'd play something other than SWAT.

I play Team Throwdown, Infinity Slayer and any map pack playlist. I was doing some cheap assasinations on Team Jesus just the other day on Majestic.

The main reason I play SWAT so much is because I am usually riding this while I play at home:

suPXsdH.png

SWAT works well with the movement. Also you burn more calories when you are losing (rage) so it's a brilliant way to exercise and accept your lack of skill.

wwm0nkey

I play Team Throwdown, Infinity Slayer and any map pack playlist. I was doing some cheap assasinations on Team Jesus just the other day on Majestic.

The main reason I play SWAT so much is because I am usually riding this while I play at home:

SWAT works well with the movement. Also you burn more calories when you are losing (rage) so it's a brilliant way to exercise and accept your lack of skill.

I remember last time I played with you, you were on that, playing Halo and apparently baby sitting. Apparently you are a multi-tasking god.

Also that does sound like a good workout.

Overdoziz

Banned

Come play Reach MLG with me instead of garbo Halo 4. It'll make you sweat more than an exercise bike.

malfcn

I had the weird thing happen with Reach again. I went to delete the GoD installation and my save is gone. I normally like to keep game saves just in case. But the Reach one disappeared, again.

Stinkles

Come to Fit-GAF Frankie. We need to get you lifting.

I am too old to lift. But I can do twenty pull ups. And effectively unlimited push ups. Somebody once told me you can get ripped just by doing push ups. They were lying.

Booties

Banned
I am too old to lift. But I can do twenty pull ups. And effectively unlimited push ups. Somebody once told me you can get ripped just by doing push ups. They were lying.

Whoever told you you're too old is wrong. The reason you can't do it is because you don't do it. Go lift something and you'll feel better.

Tawpgun

I did this one thing once where I'd play some Halo, and then do a pushup for every kill I got. If I didn't get enough kills I did a pushup for every death or assist.

You can get ripped doing body-weight exercises, but you've got to do a lot of them and diet is paramount. Olympic gymnasts are shredded folk, and tend not to do much if any weight training. Also, guys like Rickson Gracie and Troy Polamalu don't lift.

Putting that aside- any exercise you do is good! You don't have to be ripped in order to gain health benefits that come from moving around and being active.

Whoever told you you're too old is wrong. The reason you can't do it is because you don't do it. Go lift something and you'll feel better.

Yup, there are special rutines for getting in form.

You can try some fitness and zumba if you are in the mood.

Top Bottom