• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

hey sooo i got a Minecraft DLC code from gamestop for some reason, but i already have micecraft.

does anyone know if the codes they give you are MS points or the actual game?

Couldn't the Ancilla Librarian Override the Didacts code that Jul M'dama used to send Requiem into the Sun?

The UNSC could've taken Requiem & Librarian A.I, while using the Janus Key in locating the other Forerunner Installations & Technology.

It just appears very odd that the Librarian didn't attempt to stop Jul or giving a logical explanation in not preventing Requiem from being obliterated.

Halo Wars had a better explanation in destroying its Shield World than 343's alternative for ending SpOps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I am too old to lift. But I can do twenty pull ups. And effectively unlimited push ups. Somebody once told me you can get ripped just by doing push ups. They were lying.

That's impressive. You're not too old to lift. Unless you were setting us up to compliment you on your fitness and age lol

hey sooo i got a Minecraft DLC code from gamestop for some reason, but i already have micecraft.

does anyone know if the codes they give you are MS points or the actual game?

They give you Microsoft Points, not the actual game. Or that how it should be.

Try and redeem it through your Xbox, if it is the game itself (It shouldn't be though) it'll tell you you already own the content and won't let you. If it is Microsoft Points (should be) you can redeem them (or decline the redemption and the code will still work).

They give you Microsoft Points, not the actual game. Or that how it should be.

Try and redeem it through your Xbox, if it is the game itself (It shouldn't be though) it'll tell you you already own the content and won't let you. If it is Microsoft Points (should be) you can redeem them (or decline the redemption and the code will still work).

Oh the card, I believe that they are actually Microsoft Points. I may be wrong though.

alright thanks for the help, ill try when i get a chance

damn frankie can do more pullups than I can
though I have a long time elbow injury so maybe there's that

and I call out one shot on my x all the time. anyone who's played with me in the last week or so can attest. It usually goes something like "One shot on my...fuck me never mind"

343 really did do an amazing job with Halo 4's graphics. Seriously a beautiful looking game, definitely the best looking FPS on the Xbox 360. Imagine how good Halo 5 will be when 343 gets their hands on the Durango?

If Halo 5 has incredible (for the hardware) graphics just like Halo 4 did, AND the gameplay is good and isn't a disgusting mess (infinity go away please) Halo 5 will definitely be GoTY.

Arnie

AND the gameplay is good and isn't a disgusting mess (infinity go away please) Halo 5 will definitely be GoTY.

I want a good Halo game before I expect the best game of the year. There's a ton to change before the franchise is even approaching that state, and most of it seems counter-intuative to the alterations already undertaken, which leads me to believe that we won't actually see them.

Couldn't the Ancilla Librarian Override the Didacts code that Jul M'dama used to send Requiem into the Sun?

The UNSC could've taken Requiem & Librarian A.I, while using the Janus Key in locating the other Forerunner Installations & Technology.

It just appears very odd that the Librarian didn't attempt to stop Jul or giving a logical explanation in not preventing Requiem from being obliterated.

Halo Wars had a better explanation in destroying its Shield World than 343's alternative for ending SpOps.

I find that part actually interesting, The elites can now access forerunner technology that was denied for them since the beginning. Thanks to the Janus key, they can use and maybe create forerunner tech with the Didact's firmware.

I am too old to lift.
Wat, no

enhanced-buzz-16202-1l5o86.jpg

not me, I swear.

KyleJ is cherry picking quotes to compound his opinion, which I do too, I suppose, but the ending wasn't a throwaway joke, it was a writer's room meeting whereby we needed something big enough to destroy Requiem, a heavily armored shield world, and agency by Jul. So while it is "absurd" Brian is simply describing a normal writer's room process, whereby tons of boring, medium and crazy ideas are passed around and digested and altered and adapted.

But noted for the future, we will describe these things in dry bullet point lists with no information about the process and we will avoid colorful lanuage and metaphor lest it befuddle the simple country folk of the community thread.

Personally I think its interesting to get a look into the creative process and I dont think too many of us here took it that literally, I imagine most are just taking the piss more than anything.

Like this:

All I want to know is if we can get the Halsey issue out of the way soon in the new Halo game, I don't want that carrying over until Halo 6.

I am fine if she does a few things because she is forced to like make better armor for the Storm or something. Also I want the Arbiter back dammit!

Halo 5 Legendary ending 343 post mortem:

"we didnt know what to do with her... so we threw her into the sun" lol

Frank, while you're here.

It would be really good to see a Spartan Ops postmortem, get a few of the designers to discuss the successes and pitfalls, tell us what they've learned whilst putting it together. Could give a nice indication of what we can expect in Season 2 without having to lift the lid on it officially.

Spartan Ops is such a new and raw concept that this could be really interesting, maybe even worthy of a GDC talk.

This.

I have wanted a Spartan ops write up from a mission designer rather than story designer through the last few bulletins, I feel like its what im more interested in.

Fuchsdh

I did this one thing once where I'd play some Halo, and then do a pushup for every kill I got. If I didn't get enough kills I did a pushup for every death or assist.
Haha i do something similar, especially when I've had a long day at work and don't feel like doing anything active.

Tawpgun

I thought for sure they were gonna do French Revolution after the ending to Brotherhood.

Just from the history manipulation they could do it would be so good.

orznge

Banned
But noted for the future, we will describe these things in dry bullet point lists with no information about the process and we will avoid colorful lanuage and metaphor lest it befuddle the simple country folk of the community thread.

hahaha agree 100% Frankie; those fun-hating neanderthals that want "information" about design decisions are just looking for complaint fodder and I say screw'em! Bring on the agonizingly epic bulletins about the magic you guys create *bows*

Fuchsdh

I would actually love some more mid sized maps. Landfall is gud.

I always wanted more larger maps that could be carved into smaller chunks with a simple Forge wall; they'd have to be very carefully designed to work but could please more people. I am guessing that there would be performance issues similar to FW, and the CEA maps.

Fuchsdh

Ok so if any of the Assasin Creed games go on sale on XBLM, which one is worth getting as my "let's see if I like the series" games? Just the first one, or is one of the later ones better from a gameplay standpoint?

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok so if any of the Assasin Creed games go on sale on XBLM, which one is worth getting as my "let's see if I like the series" games? Just the first one, or is one of the later ones better from a gameplay standpoint?

Assassins Creed was yesterday you missed it.

Tawpgun

First one introduces you to the universe and was groundbreaking when it came out, but super repetetive.

Play AC2. Try and read up on AC1. I think there's a PREVIOUSLY IN ASSCREED though so you might not need to.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Read the wiki on 1, buy 2. I'd say Brotherhood is the best one overall, but 2 will give you a great set up to Ezio, then if you like it go to Brotherhood.

Fracas

#fuckonami

II, by all means. Just watch a quick youtube video to get a feel of the story.

ACII is so good. Brotherhood and III are really good as well.

This.

I have wanted a Spartan ops write up from a mission designer rather than story designer through the last few bulletins, I feel like its what im more interested in.
I hope the next Sparkast will give us more details about the mission design of SpOps. Because David is a SpOps Designer.

Tawpgun

I was super hyped for III but it was kinda of a let down. It felt rushed, with far too much mechanics shoved in there with no explanation. It was fun, but I felt the story lacking and missed the density of the european cities. The wilderness was awesome though.

Overdoziz

Banned
Love the shit out of AC2, Brotherhood and AC3. AC1 is a snoozefest and I haven't played Revelations.
I was super hyped for III but it was kinda of a let down. It felt rushed, with far too much mechanics shoved in there with no explanation. It was fun, but I felt the story lacking and missed the density of the european cities. The wilderness was awesome though.
AC has a story?

Blueblur1

I would recommend ACII. I've played the original, AC II, Brotherhood and AC III and felt that AC II was the best. I never finished Brotherhood though.

m23

Assassin's Creed 3 had maybe 2 assassination missions. One mission was riding a horse to several houses......

I was lucky enough to get it free, if I had to pay for that I would have been pissed. Brotherhood is probably my favourite though.

Top Bottom