• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

neoism

I don't even care about the story and I can't believe what I just read. I'd love to know what's in those resumes that "proves" they're capable of writing a coherent narrative.

For Halo 5, dig up Steinbeck's corpse and throw it at some keyboards, the result would be better than anything 343's putting out now.

lol at this rate there shouldn't even have a story for halo 5 just gonna make it worse...

TCKaos

I am too old to lift. But I can do twenty pull ups. And effectively unlimited push ups. Somebody once told me you can get ripped just by doing push ups. They were lying.

You can do fairly well with body weight exercises but they have to be of a wide enough variety that they work more than a few of your muscles in any one session. While playing Halo just pop out some push-ups or jump squats every time you die. Between games you can wall-sit or do crunches or situps or whatever.

It's a pretty decent thing if you're going to be there for a while. The bike is actually a fantastic idea as long as you're maintaining a decent speed, but you still might want to throw some body weight exercises in to the mix just for the sake of muscle confusion. You can eventually work your way up to low weight exercises and eventually to full-on lifting.

Also, I'll be joining BaldGAF soon. I'm balding too much to make this little puff of hair worth it, so I'm just going to get rid of it. Why would I hide parts of my glorious cranium when I can show the world the whole thing?

Tawpgun

Assassin's Creed 3 had maybe 2 assassination missions. One mission was riding a horse to several houses......

I was lucky enough to get it free, if I had to pay for that I would have been pissed. Brotherhood is probably my favourite though.

This is my biggest gripe with the AC games after 1. Repetetive as it may be, I loved actual ASSASSINATION missions. But in the new games those were scraped into the side optional quests like go infliltrate this area and kill this officer.

Gui_PT

Wat, no

enhanced-buzz-16202-1l5o86.jpg

not me, I swear.

That's not from lifting, that's from pumping hard

Duji

hahaha agree 100% Frankie; those fun-hating neanderthals that want "information" about design decisions are just looking for complaint fodder and I say screw'em! Bring on the agonizingly epic bulletins about the magic you guys create *bows*

You never fail to consistently crack me the hell up.

ZeNy

Neo Member
This is my biggest gripe with the AC games after 1. Repetetive as it may be, I loved actual ASSASSINATION missions. But in the new games those were scraped into the side optional quests like go infliltrate this area and kill this officer.

AC 1 was repetetive, yes, but it was so fun, at least for me. It plays like an "arcade game" with an open world, you have one type of gameplay, and you make that all the time during the game (like Halo, it's all about shooting, then pushing buttons). And every cities has a proper visual identity, that was amazing for me. I played AC 1 maybe 7 or 8 times, and it's always a big pleasure for me to put the disc in my Xbox.

I could say I prefer AC 1 to Halo CE.

After that, AC 2 & cie has a different approch. It was like you had a similar gameplay, but you played like a movie, with a lot of different goals. For AC 2/Brotherhood and Revelation, it was again all about assassination, but there was a great variety of missions. I really liked Revelation because of Altaïr, his story, and because Ezio was older (first time I see him, I could not like Ezio, espacially after played a caracter as cool as Altaïr), but my favorite is clearly the first Assassin's Creed.

I'm not a big fan of AC 3, I was really disappointed by the game, cities and mission. Frontier was good, but I don't know, that's not as magic as Venice, Rome, Jerusalem or Masiaf.

And Jesper Kyd. Oh my god, this guy is probably as good as Marty, maybe better. His musics was excellent, I miss him for AC3. ='(

IHaveIce

Banned
Weapons spawn way too quick on Landfall and the PO is also dumb. Enemy team with Binary Rifle, Concussion Rifle, Rockets and Shotgun camping in one room.

FUUUUUN

FyreWulff

Weapons spawn way too quick on Landfall and the PO is also dumb. Enemy team with Binary Rifle, Concussion Rifle, Rockets and Shotgun camping in one room.

FUUUUUN

Monolith needs to slow down on the RL and reduce it's spare clips as well. If you have the extra ammo perk, you get 6 rockets..

Fuchsdh

Assassins Creed was yesterday you missed it.

First one introduces you to the universe and was groundbreaking when it came out, but super repetetive.

Play AC2. Try and read up on AC1. I think there's a PREVIOUSLY IN ASSCREED though so you might not need to.

Read the wiki on 1, buy 2. I'd say Brotherhood is the best one overall, but 2 will give you a great set up to Ezio, then if you like it go to Brotherhood.

I would recommend ACII. I've played the original, AC II, Brotherhood and AC III and felt that AC II was the best. I never finished Brotherhood though.

Man that's what I get for learning about sales late. Oh well can still pick it up for cheap online. Sounds like II is the best bet, thanks for the input everyone.

Edit: you can buy games with real money on the web version of the Marketplace? No stupid credit conversions? Never knew.

IHaveIce

Banned
Monolith needs to slow down on the RL and reduce it's spare clips as well. If you have the extra ammo perk, you get 6 rockets..

Oh damn I totally forgot about that perk, that explains how they have so many rockets.
Yeah Monolith's RL also spawns way too quick.

heckfu

Banned
This morning was a wonderful read. After pages of crying and arguing, the only logical conclusion I found is that Franklinator really does run this place.

Ghazi

This morning was a wonderful read. After pages of crying and arguing, the only logical conclusion I found is that Franklinator really does run this place.
lol, I've just been passively watching. It's actually been pretty entertaining.

Gordon

damn frankie can do more pullups than I can
though I have a long time elbow injury so maybe there's that

and I call out one shot on my x all the time. anyone who's played with me in the last week or so can attest. It usually goes something like "One shot on my...fuck me never mind"
I've said the exact same thing so many times lol
I've noticed a few players keep track of where my waypoint disappeared, and quickly tidy up anybody on my fuck-me-never-mind. Is that an increase in skill gap? lol

Yeah - with ordnance we have access to significantly longer spawn timers. Personally I think 4-5 minutes would work out pretty well. What is the timer currently set to? 180?

Honestly, they could swap it for a sticky detonator and that would make me happy. That map feels too small for rockets imo, although that could just be because of the disgusting amount of them I saw.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think I will stop playing the mappack playlist until the maps are anywhere with good settings.

Right now I dislike skyline the most :/

BigShow36

I broke a sweat putting so many people on ignore this morning so if that constitutes a workout then I'll be there in no time!

I still refuse to believe that there are real people on internet forums who actually put other users on ignore. That's like going to McDonalds and ordering a salad.

no one will read this because I'm on everyone's ignore list.

IHaveIce

Banned
I still refuse to believe that there are real people on internet forums who actually put other users on ignore. That's like going to McDonalds and ordering a salad.

I agree, I have no one from HaloGAF on ignore, I have 3 people on my list Aguirre because he spams some anime shit pictures in the pics that make you laugh thread, one guy from MangaGAF and Kyon, just because I dont like him.

But I wont ignore somebody just because of opinions I don't like.

I took you off my ignore list and this is how you repay me? This is the Internet, show some class, you pleb! I'll have you know the world would be a better place if only direct descendants of Quake's lead multiplayer designer ate at McDonald's and all got salads!

i don't have anyone ignored, calm down

I'm afraid to do it because I might get confused in a conversation when that ignored user is involved in it.

Korosenai

I agree, I have no one from HaloGAF on ignore, I have 3 people on my list Aguirre because he spams some anime shit pictures in the pics that make you laugh thread, one guy from MangaGAF and Kyon, just because I dont like him.

But I wont ignore somebody just because of opinions I don't like.

I think everyone has Agguire on their ignore list lol. And if you browse the funny pics thread, then avixph. Dude posts dumb one sentence replies, never posts a funny pic (if he ever even posts one), and triple posts on the reg.

Agree. I don't have anyone ignored. Don't see a reason to. No one is really that annoying where I just can't view their posts at all. Everyone has a right to express their thoughts and opinion, don't see why I would go into a community made for talking, and ignore users no longer being able to read what they wrote. That defeats the purpose of a community no?

Also, so close to 130, gonna try and reach it before the end of next week.

heckfu

Banned
the best part of when someone puts you on ignore is when they have to read other people quote you

it's literally the worst.

not me, dummy

Top Bottom