• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Hahaha "I have the tron OST" is the best thing I've ever heard in response to a Daft Punk conversation.

lol That's literally the only album/single/EP from Daft Punk that I don't own. I even own Tron Legacy Reconfigured, because Glitch Mob is the shit.

Nowise10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCynDJdEwP4

I dont know if you guys have seen this yet, but Zedd found these data pads in the some of the campaign maps in Halo 4 (not actually in the game, modded to spawn). The Librarian cutscene on Recalimer, where she explains the composer and what the Didact is doing, we got just a animated/terminal style cutscene.

Well the data pad shows what 343 had first intended to do. And inseatd of an animated cutscene, the Librarian was going to take you to those places in the game. So The cutscene would flash to you being on a Halo with real forerunners their, with green hills and sentinals flying over, and it would show the composer. She would explain it, then it was going to flash to the masterchief of a Forerunner warship, and a view of the Earth being composed by the Didact. Then it would flash back to the librarian and chief in her "garden" with a composed human, which then the Didact rips through the air and is now with you guys.

It amazes me on how much changed, That cutscene sounds like it would've been really cool and interesting.

tBkNCsq.png

Ill be back on in around 30 Ice, if you and knockz are still around

Edit: That was the greatest trickery Ive ever seen at their spawn, cost me a double kill and an incineration cannon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCynDJdEwP4

I dont know if you guys have seen this yet, but Zedd found these data pads in the some of the campaign maps in Halo 4 (not actually in the game, modded to spawn). The Librarian cutscene on Recalimer, where she explains the composer and what the Didact is doing, we got just a animated/terminal style cutscene.

Well the data pad shows what 343 had first intended to do. And inseatd of an animated cutscene, the Librarian was going to take you to those places in the game. So The cutscene would flash to you being on a Halo with real forerunners their, with green hills and sentinals flying over, and it would show the composer. She would explain it, then it was going to flash to the masterchief of a Forerunner warship, and a view of the Earth being composed by the Didact. Then it would flash back to the librarian and chief in her "garden" with a composed human, which then the Didact rips through the air and is now with you guys.

It amazes me on how much changed, That cutscene sounds like it would've been really cool and interesting.
The original idea of the cutscene sounded a lot better than what we got. It would even have created less confusion than the actual cutscene and it would have been much cooler.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ill be back on in around 30 Ice, if you and knockz are still around

Edit: That was the greatest trickery Ive ever seen at their spawn, cost me a double kill and an incineration cannon...

I'll be there, don't know about Nockz he left so quietly :(

Maybe Bobs or someone else will also be on later.

Wat the wat @ cutscenes. Del Rio haahaahaha

Tawpgun

So hungover. The city was insane tonight. Huge outdoor parties everywhere. I was publically drinking on commonwealth and shaking cops hands.

There was a massive amount of people celebrating at the Common. There's this huge gazebo there and it was full. I was inside it at one point. So much fun. The cops were loving it too.

Something something babby.

The cutscene sounds cool.

Such palpable falsehood. They'll never admit to it for obvious reasons but the central, most powerful driving force behind the introduction of a loadout system to Halo is because the hundred-million-units-sold Call of Duty uses it. They should just ignore questions about loadouts and kill streaks because it's almost embarrassing to hear their spurious reasons as they try to wriggle out of the room with the giant elephant in it.

Funny thing is, the loadout system really only brings linearity and restriction to Halo's matches, particularly in the Infinity gametypes. Tight corridor map? BR/AR plus boltshot for dem one shot kills. Wide open expanses with a hint of a vehicle on the map? DMR plus Plasma Pistol (don't forget the plasma nades for the post vehicle stun!). Deviate from these standard loadouts on the wrong map/gametype and you put yourself at a disadvantage before you've even pulled a trigger. Loadouts would be ok in terms of letting people solely choose their primary but even that would only be semi-functional in Halo 4 because, in 343's pureform vision of their sandbox, there aren't even weapons on the map. No longer can you pick up an Plasma Rifle on the fly for a quick shield strip or head towards the plasma pistol spawn because the other team got OS; regular weapons don't spawn or are not placed at all(wouldn't want to render the ammo perk obsolete) and it's unlikely you could dabble outside of your loadout palette whilst foraging amongst the spoils of your enemy, weapons despawning in a whimsical flash as they do in Halo 4. You used to enter the sandbox on equal terms with a broad set of the toys available for play at reliable intervals; now you choose a couple of toys before you enter and wait for a meter to fill up for a chance to use the big spade or chance upon a lucky drop from the clouds.

As for 'we <3 the Halo sandbox and want more people to experience it' - translation: we don't really respect or understand the function of power weapons in the Halo series we've taken over and want everyone to have power weapons because power weapons are super fun and standard weapons are lame and boring and the golden tripod, map balance, flow and control are all archaic, plodding relics of a slower age and this is the ArcadeFightHeavyFiesta future motherfucker. They've been priming our assholes for this since the second they took over - their first Halo content release was the Defiant mappack featuring Highlands replete with near every power weapon in the game (times two) and positioned in places which didn't encourage movement (shotty by the teleporter, rockets a foot away from the flag for easy defense, snipers on the highest point of the map). They outdid themselves in the Michael Bay power weapon bonanza stakes with the Anniversary maps. Battle Creek, a diminutive symmetrical box, featured two grenade launchers, two shotguns (positioned in the close quarters bases), a rocket launcher, a sniper and a sword. Bungie understood why a shotgun in the base was a bad idea in 2001 and so put it under the rocket arch.

343 have hugely improved Halo 4 in staggered increments and it's largely due to re-adding elements Bungie had already given to them, undoing the damage that the Infinity philosophy wrought on the quality of the game. They've reintroduced respawn timers, fixed loadouts, timed weapon drops/standard rifles on the map and sensible power weapon spawns in a few of the playlists and it's all the better for it.

So hungover. The city was insane tonight. Huge outdoor parties everywhere. I was publically drinking on commonwealth and shaking cops hands.

There was a massive amount of people celebrating at the Common. There's this huge gazebo there and it was full. I was inside it at one point. So much fun. The cops were loving it too.

Something something babby.

The cutscene sounds cool.

I was thinking last night would be a good night for a party in Boston.

If you have a level 50 in this ranking system, you could actually lose your 50 when winning. In the individual lists.

Think about that.

Well the teamplaylists seem to be pretty serious, Ninja had to win about 15 games from 49 to 50 in Throwdown

I'm sorry when did Good Enough™ attitude infect HaloGAF members? Lets do all playlists win.loss. Individual rankings in team games do not work, Reach Arena already proved that. Individual ranking should be in ONE playlist, FFA*

*Regicide should be removed from Halo.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm sorry when did Good Enough™ attitude infect HaloGAF members? Lets do all playlists win.loss. Individual rankings in team games do not work, Reach Arena already proved that. Individual ranking should be in ONE playlist, FFA*

*Regicide should be removed from Halo.

Never disagreed with anything you said, just said there are more serious playlists that are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom