• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Van%20Helsing%20fights%20off%20ratboy.gif

What the hell mayn.

So I bought the Destiny OXM magazine, and this stood out to me (still reading through the Destiny Segment)

"Jason's carrier is a sleek scout-class ship he earned through winnings snagged in competitive multiplayer."

Sounds awesome, this is how I was armor was handled in Halo 4 (if it had Trueskill 1-50 at launch)

The "good" armor are locked behind Trueskill rank, while some you can buy. So for example, you could only get Venator or Scout by reaching a 50.

HTupolev

I have no idea what to expect going into Reach MLG. Some games everyone is decent and some games this happens
To be fair, games like that are actually kind of impressive on truskill's part. Match a decent player up with a bunch of terrible people against a team of mediocre people? Not the most inspiring thing ever, but it sort of works.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
To be fair, games like that are actually kind of impressive on truskill's part. Match a decent player up with a bunch of terrible people against a team of mediocre people? Not the most inspiring thing ever, but it sort of works.

So far, CSR has definitely had a slight impact on the number of 'proper' teams and voice communication going on in the game. We will keep an eye on it but in some playlists you will definitely see a slight, temporary spike in mismatched teams versus randoms. Those 'proper' teams will eventually draw away from the randoms and results will start to normalize. That's already kind of happening.

I am very interested in CSR as it relates to future rank/skill matchmaking for subsequent games. think there will be some really important and useful learnings for how and what we make visible in the future. The three experiences - 1-50 traditional H3, no skill ranking in Reach and the hybrid 'invisible' approach for 4 means that we will basically have data on all three approaches, as well as the opportunities that future iterations of the game code and UI might bring.

Somewhere in that data and experience is a sweet spot that will make every kind of player feel satisfied and remove as much abuse as possible.

Tawpgun

If the population could support it, Ranked/Social split seems like the best at the time. The only time your rank would be visible is on Waypoint or in Ranked Playlists.

Somewhere in that data and experience is a sweet spot that will make every kind of player feel satisfied and remove as much abuse as possible.

Rank only visible to you in-game. Rank visible to everyone on Waypoint. Seems like a happy medium to me.

I would rather have the H2/H3 style, but it seems like that will never come back.

HTupolev

Sounds good! My GT's the same as my gaf username
Could I join in*? Getting online right now. GT HaloTupolev

*Assuming my NAT isn't ill-behaved today. I've had some trouble with that recently. Tried to play campagn with 2 friends some days ago, but one of them was apparantly incompatible.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Could I join in*? Getting online right now. GT HaloTupolev

*Assuming my NAT isn't ill-behaved today. I've had some trouble with that recently. Tried to play campagn with 2 friends some days ago, but one of them was apparantly incompatible.

Starting an OS install upstairs, then headed downstairs for to get beat up. Send inv to Frankie.

How many are on now?

We've got 7, message monsterfracas when ready. What's your GT Nebula? Sent out invites to HTupolev and Frankie.

Screwing around in Multi Team now, waiting on you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom