• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

I was at the Liverpool game yesterday to witness the Suarez bite first hand. Feels like I was probably watching his last game for us.

I'm sure we'll see a Halo 2 Anni, but it'd be weird to do it on the 9 year anniversary, which rules out it launching alongside Nextbox. I'd take an upscaled Halo 4 with an additional side-campaign (ala ODST).

Shadders

I only saw who the petition for Halo 3 PC was addressed to but skimmed over the text....this made me laugh

The banned site has it pegged at 90k copies, I wonder what the peak online population was..

I do wonder though, would it have fared better if they'd done a digital version? I think PC gamers are just put off by the idea of ordering a game, waiting for delivery and such. I'm not even sure where my copy is.. would much preferred to have had a GFWL version.

The banned site has it pegged at 90k copies, I wonder what the peak online population was..

I do wonder though, would it have fared better if they'd done a digital version? I think PC gamers are just put off by the idea of ordering a game, waiting for delivery and such. I'm not even sure where my copy is.. would much preferred to have had a GFWL version.
I don't see how not having it available online makes sense even now, unless they don't want to pay for support or something.

Or it's an effort to have Halo purely be a console thing, to keep it fully "exclusive".
Bizarre either way.

Nebula

Don't forget the Vista barrier.

You have thousands of replies to pick from to respond to the "irl halo players are plain weird" thing and that's the one you call me out on? For shame.

I'll have you know I've been waiting for the right time to use that response!

I'm really kidding, I just found it an interesting parallel. I actually do enjoy the the thought you put into your sandbox, even if it isn't my cup of tea.

You don't like lockout?

3 pages of lockout-hate backlash incoming.

Apparently there is a petition to Frankie to get Halo 3 on the PC thats on the front of the gaming side on Reddit. Wonder if people think Frankie can do everything or is some sort of wizard.

Frankie hates digital phallus comparison systems - Halo 4 is the first online Halo to have no ranks

Frankie loves SWAT - SWAT becomes the first 'only for a week, honest' rotational playlist to become permanant

Frankie speaks publicly about his addiction to Black Ops - Halo becomes Black ops

Frankie admits he can't work the Halo 3 sniper - Halo 4's sniper is toys r us mode and doesn't have a headshot medal

He dus wat he wans. He can make it happen.

What if we got Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer untouched...

but it didn't meet people's expectations and shattered everyone's rose-tinted glasses?

You don't like lockout?

Lockout is awesome. Blackout(Halo 3?) was pretty fun as well.

Shutout just blows. It doesn't work right when everybody has sprint. Not a fan of it at all in Halo 4. And to make things worse, if it is ever an option in SWAT it is automatically voted for.

Shutout is making me long for Adrift, which was probably my least favorite launch-map. Shutout is just meh at best.

Why do people want Halo 3 on PC when Halo 3 is so bad?
Halo 3 wouldn't be bad with proper aiming, dedis and a FOV larger than a stamp.

What if we got Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer untouched...

but it didn't meet people's expectations and shattered everyone's rose-tinted glasses?
With gamebreaking glitches like superjump intact, yeah, it would be garbo. Otherwise there's nothing rose-tinted about no loadouts, sprint, ordnance, bloom, dmr, AAs, equipment...

Nebula

Lockout is awesome. Blackout(Halo 3?) was pretty fun as well.

Shutout just blows. It doesn't work right when everybody has sprint. Not a fan of it at all in Halo 4. And to make things worse, if it is ever an option in SWAT it is automatically voted for.

Shutout is making me long for Adrift, which was probably my least favorite launch-map. Shutout is just meh at best.

I liked Blackout, but only because I camped sticky spawn on S1-S2 ramp and threw them over to BR3 from behind the sniper tower. Spent half the game doing that I think.

Halo 3 wouldn't be bad with proper aiming, dedis and a FOV larger than a stamp.

It being on PC should ensure better aiming, and FOV. Dedis might be an issue.

IHaveIce

Banned
People would blame 343 even if they didn't change a thing. It couldn't be Bungie's fault.
The only stuff that I think is annoying in Halo are superbouncing, smg starts and the sword launch glitch.

Though being said no new netcode would probably be bad after knowing something better.

There will be of course haters, for sure.

Shadders

wut.

Halo 2 multiplayer is never gonna happen. Best we're gonna get is a Halo 2 game type and map pack in Halo 4.

Wasn't the reason for not porting CE's multiplayer that it wasn't designed with online play in mind, so had nothing in place to deal with wonky connections and packet travel time etc. So it just wouldn't be able to play the same?

That's not an excuse they could reuse for Halo 2.

Frankie hates digital phallus comparison systems - Halo 4 is the first online Halo to have no ranks

Frankie loves SWAT - SWAT becomes the first 'only for a week, honest' rotational playlist to become permanant

Frankie speaks publicly about his addiction to Black Ops - Halo becomes Black ops

Frankie admits he can't work the Halo 3 sniper - Halo 4's sniper is toys r us mode and doesn't have a headshot medal

Lol. What's Frankie's title at 343? Creative Director? Or... Actually I don't know.

I actually think Halo 2 MP has a good chance at being ported over. If they fix the glitches and super jumps its has a real chance to pull good numbers.

IHaveIce

Banned

He went 3-14 in an Oddball game yesterday while playing with us, Oddball to be taken out for Halo 5 confirmed

Nebula

Here's a question. Would anyone mind the Halo 4 BR being used in a Halo 2 gametype?

We all know 343 are going to release H2A with maps for H4 and a gametype made in H4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom