• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmer never came across as badly written. More under written.

I don't have some crazy hate for her like some in the thread seem to but she is far from one of my favorite characters. Halo 4 had a bad case of poor writing all round so when a a mediocre character is subject to that she looks worse.

The final scenes of the game felt very cringe worthy. Cortana touching chief "I've always wanted to do that" ugh stop it felt like budget sci fi B movie.

Lol.

Palmer is fine because she's SUPPOSED to be a shitty character. What an argument.
She's supposed to be a meathead, yes. That's separate from the quality of the writing itself.

I expect some pulpy archetypical stuff in my sci-fi and can enjoy it for what it is, while also being able to appreciate those times where the aim is for something more ambitious.

So yeah, I don't mind when a meathead talks about eggheads - it fits for the most part, as Spartan IVs are being presented as more bro-ish than the quiet and more disciplined Spartan IIs (and IIIs for that matter). That contrast makes sense and opens avenues in the storytelling that can be explored.

I think I cant appreciate games any longer. I go back and look at Halo CE and Halo 2 videos and the maps are all like straight lines and graphically so inferior but I dont care thats what I want to play and I want it to run smooth like it did. All this new stuff looks great, but I play my games I dont appreciate stop, look at it, contemplate ,it like I would a piece of art (unlike some of the graphical developers who create it as art) and I guess the problem is there is gamers who love how graphics keep getting better and better, and that gets the review scores. So thats how things are going to be. I dont know I guess I'm getting too old. Get off my lawn.

I mean when I'm in battles and stuff I'm not even paying attention to the textures and graphics and colors anyways pretty much my mind is just simplifying it down to basic lines of geometry like I'm playing Vector Tanks in the 80s. So basically my mind is just doing more work while playing games now.

Regarding multiplayer.

Halo 4 Egghead Edition featuring co-op campaign with playable Palmer and Del Rio for Nextbox confirmed.

"We really wanted to give players the opportunity to dive into these characters and explore themes that we weren't able to delve into when creating Halo 4's main campaign..."

Purplemage

Neo Member
Sorry to ask guys but the work comp won't let me on waypoint, anything worthwhile in the bulletin?

Nevermind guys, found a roundabout. Awesome to hear about he AR and BR. I love a AR with actual killing ability and less auto aim.

Shadders

Just came in to post the Palmer comic thing..

On the one hand I love comics so it's ace that we're getting more, it had been so quiet on that front for so long. On the other hand, Eggheads.

I honestly don't think I can go back to Reach or Halo 3 for that matter. Going back to 3 during Reah just showed me how much better the netcode was. I'm seriously enjoying 4. The Pro gametypes are super decent and even Doubles, Throwdown and Snipes are seriously fun. Even enjoyed a game of Flood earlier.

I honestly don't think I can go back to Reach or Halo 3 for that matter. Going back to 3 during Reah just showed me how much better the netcode was. I'm seriously enjoying 4. The Pro gametypes are super decent and even Doubles, Throwdown and Snipes are seriously fun. Even enjoyed a game of Flood earlier.

Super decent? Wouldn't that make them good? It's like you want to compliment it but at the same time you don't.

Sai-kun

Banned
Someone find that quote where he said he'd consider doing gay for pay.

tumblr_lkjtmfMF4r1qa8b4u.gif

spoiler i have them

Tawpgun

Sorry to ask guys but the work comp won't let me on waypoint, anything worthwhile in the bulletin?

Nevermind guys, found a roundabout. Awesome to hear about he AR and BR. I love a AR with actual killing ability and less auto aim.
Tomorrow around 10 est in the am I will be done with my last final and will be online in a celebratory and perhaps silly mood. Hope some of y'all will join me.

Rev up those zima's, it's Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom