• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I wish they conolidated Reach playlists, but also put SS back, reduce radius and power of nades a bit and universally nerfed bloom to like 40%.

Its still fun though, just pace your shots and try and communicate so they cant abuse the AAs to their full advantage.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If you like all the crap Halo 4 added to Halo you should try CoD. Its a good version of Halo 4.

I didn't say I like all the stuff 4 added, but Reach shared much of it. Between 4 and Reach I vastly prefer 4. When boiled down the core gameplay of 4 just outshines Reach. Also I play CoD, but Blops 2 sucked. Halo 4 is not even really close to a CoD game aside from progression and load outs. Kill times are a world apart.

Side question, what specialization gets you the DMR skin?

Madness

I didn't say I like all the stuff 4 added, but Reach shared much of it. Between 4 and Reach I vastly prefer 4. When boiled down the core gameplay of 4 just outshines Reach. Also I play CoD, but Blops 2 sucked. Halo 4 is not even really close to a CoD game aside from progression and load outs. Kill times are a world apart.

Side question, what specialization gets you the DMR skin?

Pretty sure it was wetwork/stealth that gets you the Noble skin. I'm not 100% sure though.

EDIT: Beaten ^

Unfortunately you never get to play the core of Halo 4 because every single playlist has some part of Halo 4's "evolution" infused into it. Even throwdown still uses the crap AA ordnance bonuses after kills. Also perks are infused into the games code where even removing them still effects how the games played compared to prior Halos.

But I'm sure most people dont realize this and Halo 4 really does outshine...oh wait todays peak was 32K. Guess not.

Unfortunately you never get to play the core of Halo 4 because every single playlist has some part of Halo 4's "evolution" infused into it. Even throwdown still uses the crap AA ordnance bonuses after kills. Also perks are infused into the games code where even removing them still effects how the games played compared to prior Halos.

But I'm sure most people dont realize this and Halo 4 really does outshine...oh wait todays peak was 32K. Guess not.

You're my bro.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

The playlists they've added come close to a base Halo 4 feel. Hopefully whenever Legendary slayer is added that's it for you all, but for me even playing Infinity Slayer is more fun than the bloom-fest sword base BS that Reach had. Not to mention 24/7 armor lock.

AA's may still exist, but they are a hell of a lot better than the Reach options. Once the gun tweaks are active in 4 it will feel even better.

I don't care if others like Reach though, it's your opinion. I just (obviously) disagree. I feel I'm not the only one either. You can keep playing Reach zombies if you want though.

Madness

Fuck it, I'm going to try out Halo 3, see how it still plays.

Edit: That chanting, those feels...

Shows the population as almost 5000... Already got a match of social big team going. Multi flag CTF on rats nest. Fuck.

BigShow36

Oh... hey man, I'll PM you about that thread, because I don't think you saw my other post in there. It'll hopefully change your mind about my comments there, a lot of people we're confused about my first post and what I mean with it, and I came off in a way I didn't want too.

and it's okay, I don't think (hope?) anyone is serious with the comments they're making about me.

Dude, stop apologizing, it only makes it worse. You're a shitty user; embrace it. That's how azoojoo became part of the community.

Look at me; everyone used to hate me until they realized I was right about everything and awesome. Once I embraced my awesomeness, everything else fell into place. I assume the same is true for the reverse of awesome.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dude, stop apologizing, it only makes it worse. You're a shitty user, embrace it. That's how azoojoo became part of the community.

Look at me; everyone used to hate me until they realized I was right about everything and awesome. Once I embraced my awesomeness, everything else fell into place. I assume the same is true for the reverse of awesome.

i still don't know who u are

Dude, stop apologizing, it only makes it worse. You're a shitty user; embrace it. That's how azoojoo became part of the community.

What happened to me but much faster. Hated at first cuz best, now most loved cuz best.

Combat Evolved 2.

Madness

Holy shit you weren't kidding about Halo 3 being slow. Was so confusing because I'm used to Halo 4 controls now.

I think the hardest part was the fact I couldn't sprint. I hate the hell out of sprint, but I've gotten so used to it, I was like damn, I have to slowly walk my ass around with a shotgun to get into the battle.

Forgot how amazing the Brute Shot was. This is what the concussion rifle needs to be like. You folks were right about the equipment though. Some ass with a bubble shield blocked my rocket. Felt like armor lock.

The one thing that was amazing? BR/AR starts and no loadout or armor ability bullshit. Such a close game, came down to skills with the flag and how good of a player you are, not what you can counter other people's stuff with.

Trying Reach now. Are these Reach numbers accurate?

Yea I wish they conolidated Reach playlists, but also put SS back, reduce radius and power of nades a bit and universally nerfed bloom to like 40%.

Its still fun though, just pace your shots and try and communicate so they cant abuse the AAs to their full advantage.

Just for you from bs Angel in the news > latest bulletin thread:

I'm not sure we'll be touching Halo 3 at this point, but we would like to consolidate the playlists in Reach. We don't have a date associated with that right now, though (and it will more than likely be later, not sooner).
Later is the new "Soon" ;) Welcome to Reach, you picked a good day to sign up.

Just got an overkill with only Storm Rifle. My life is complete.

... were they AFK or something?

EDIT:

For Devo:

Frankie's Letter

From the face of Frank

2012 was supposed to be the end of the world. Instead, it was the beginning of ours. Halo 4, despite being the seventh or eighth game in the Halo series (depending on how you count them), was our first game. That is to say, our first-ever fully fledged title, built from the ground up creatively and technologically. So let me save you the trouble of trolling my statement: We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will. But I don’t want to spend the first moments of the year thinking about the negatives, because frankly, I am incredibly proud of both the team and the game that team created.

And for a first effort, it wasn’t half bad.

Stepping into Bungie’s oversized shoes would have been difficult, even for a well-established team. The challenge of wrangling that engine, that universe and that community was dizzying, even withering. Four years ago when our charter began, the challenge of starting the seed of a development team and then creating a sequel to Halo terrified us. A small group of us – names you know, like Kiki Wolfkill, Bonnie Ross, Kenneth Scott Josh Holmes and other characters who have moved on to different projects, different places – was tasked with doing something that was almost impossible.

But the team grew. And we learned. And we’re still learning. And the game arrived and it succeeded. Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards. We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success. So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time.

But my point is this: If you’d asked me three or four years ago if we thought we’d be where we are now, I would have looked doubtfully at you and said, “That’s a lot to ask.” But the team, through miracles of collaboration and individual contribution – and lakes of blood and tears – waded into the challenge with gusto and worked obscene hours with passion and verve to get it done. And now we’re beginning to really understand what “it” is.

I think that, perhaps perversely, rather than being looked at askance with doubt and cynicism, in some corners we’ve been given extra latitude – the only benefit of low expectations. And then the ability to exceed those expectations.

There are a ton of things we wish we'd done better: Features that didn’t make it into the final game. Glitches that emerged. Missteps made. DLC fiascos. Communication breakdowns. But there were things that went astonishingly well – the creation of a genuinely competitive AAA studio chief among them. A collection of talent and souls that can do something genuinely amazing on this and next-generation hardware. The overhaul of an amazing game engine – but one that really needed to be overhauled – and an amassed education on systems, people, code and audience that will stand us in great stead for the future.

Some of the high points of the last few years have been products as well as people – like Halo: Anniversary and Forward Unto Dawn. There have been amazing events – Halo Fest, the E3 debut, ComicCon – all blurring into a sea of faces, excitement, light, and noise.

But the most important aspect of our success, and our efforts now and in the future, has been this community – a demanding, imaginative, engaged, vocal, varied and intelligent swarm of personalities, groups and individuals, each with subtly to radically different interests in this vast and varied universe we’re charged with. That isn’t lip service, nor is it pandering. You guys pay for the privilege of playing our game, and you have every right to have a voice in its development.

It may not have ended up precisely the way you imagined – there are simply too many voices and perspectives to make all of the people happy, all of the time – but we think of the community as a direct and democratic extension of the team and, indeed, of the development process. A litmus test, a pH strip and a sounding board for ideas and innovations, you are the tension between the need for change and evolution, and the necessity of inertia.

Technically, this should be a retrospective, but it’s safe to say I’m more excited about the future than the past. Excited about what this team is already working on. Excited about what this team is capable of. And excited about the future of Halo. A future we want you to be a part of. A future we’re building for you.

Aberrant

I was EXTREMELY bord yesterday and decided to check out the castle map pack. I got to Outcast and was having a look around. As Halo 4 has been nominated for the greatest distance imagery of all time I thought I'd have a look and see what Outcast had to offer.

Needless to say, it is clear Certain Affinity / 343i are still using MSPaint to cut out their images. Brilliant stuff!

Scoped In
RyxPMJy.jpg

No Scope
1PDyXti.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
I was EXTREMELY bord yesterday and decided to check out the castle map pack. I got to Outcast and was having a look around. As Halo 4 has been nominated for the greatest distance imagery of all time I thought I'd have a look and see what Outcast had to offer.

Needless to say, it is clear Certain Affinity / 343i are still using MSPaint to cut out their images. Brilliant stuff!

So their far environment files have no alpha channel? wat

"We like Reach but we keep dieing, is there like a way you can make it so we don't die? That would make the game a lot more friendly"
~Reach playtesters

"We noticed only good teams were getting control of the good weapons...is there a way we can make that completely random so everyone has a chance with the good weapons?"
~Halo 4 playtesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom