• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Its illegal in the UK. Which stops nobody in the area I live.

7:30 in the morning when walking to work I'd see like 6 different people with a can of 9% Carlsberg Special Brew

That explains a lot.

Especially Bobs.

Edit: I feel like that was a pretty decent joke that no one got.

TCKaos

Action Sack needs more minigames and not variants of Slayer/CTF. That Grill thing looks like a ton of fun.

RIP Dodgeball.

Okay, this just hit me:

An idea on how to fix jetpack. Instead of giving people limited flight, why not make the height that you get from the jetpack similar to that of a normal jump? Imo, it wouldn't break maps nearly as much and would balance it out a LOT more.

Should just be a vertical thruster.

Or removed.

TheOddOne

Moar Sparth artwork!
tumblr_mlcr9d9PeT1r5ajivo1_1280.jpg

Halo 4 - early 2010 Forerunner architecture concept.

tumblr_mlwfgePGKj1r5ajivo1_1280.jpg

personal work. Destiny inspired, yes indeed.

Shadders

Its illegal in the UK. Which stops nobody in the area I live.

7:30 in the morning when walking to work I'd see like 6 different people with a can of 9% Carlsberg Special Brew

It's not illegal to drink in the street in the UK. Some councils specify no-drinking areas which are signposted as such, but there's no outright ban on public drinking.

Nebula I sent you a friend request, I need to have more friends who play
The Best Halo game
Halo 3.

No one plays it anymore. :( Come on, we have people who play Halo:Reach, and Halo 4, and even Halo 2 using Xbox Connect, it surprises me we don't have a group who still plays Halo 3.

Guys, if you haven't played it yet, give Spec Ops: The Line a go. Great game. Pretty, too.

Sorry 'bout the jaggies, still getting the hang of this PC-gaming business. I really want a Steam release of the original Halo trilogy now, though.

HaloGAF people on Steam, add me: blueninjabe

Tunavi

Banned
Nebula I sent you a friend request, I need to have more friends who play
The Best Halo game
Halo 3.

No one plays it anymore. :( Come on, we have people who play Halo:Reach, and Halo 4, and even Halo 2 using Xbox Connect, it surprises me we don't have a group who still plays Halo 3.
nostalgia glassessssss

You know I just talked to a friend and he brought up a good point. Weren't they saying how Halo 4 was going to be different and more woman centric, and yet there's no marines, just a doctor, priestess and an AI waifu?

Really tackling them boundaries.

JPG is dusgusting

Yeah, but I'm not sure Steam can snag screens in any other format, haven't really explored it yet. Just wanted to play some damn games.

Spent an hour running around in Crysis devmode. Finally being able to run that game at full settings with 60 fps is mind-blowing. Haven't gotten the screenshots to work yet, though.

Overdoziz

Banned
You know I just talked to a friend and he brought up a good point. Weren't they saying how Halo 4 was going to be different and more woman centric, and yet there's no marines, just a doctor, priestess and an AI waifu?

Palmer is fucking ballin' yo
Yeah, but I'm not sure Steam can snag screens in any other format, haven't really explored it yet. Just wanted to play some damn games.

Spent an hour running around in Crysis devmode. Finally being able to run that game at full settings with 60 fps is mind-blowing. Haven't gotten the screenshots to work yet, though.
Just use Fraps to make screenshots. You'll have to convert the BMPs to PNGs every time, but it's worth it.

Guys, if you haven't played it yet, give Spec Ops: The Line a go. Great game. Pretty, too.

Sorry 'bout the jaggies, still getting the hang of this PC-gaming business. I really want a Steam release of the original Halo trilogy now, though.

HaloGAF people on Steam, add me: blueninjabe
Spec Ops kinda runs like poop so best use a cheap post process AA if you wanna keep up 60fps. SMAA >>>> FXAA, look up injectSMAA.

Game is amazing though, my GOTY of 2012 that I didn't play in 2012.

Korosenai

Palmer was probably the female side of the game they were talking about. Would explain why she's getting her own side story.

Too bad she's a terrible character and no one likes her.

Palmer is fucking ballin' yo

Just use Fraps to make screenshots. You'll have to convert the BMPs to PNGs every time, but it's worth it.

I'll keep it in mind once I start making some serious screenshots. Right now I just occasionally press F12 when I come across something that makes me go "Wooooooooooh".

Spec Ops kinda runs like poop so best use a cheap post process AA if you wanna keep up 60fps. SMAA >>>> FXAA, look up injectSMAA.

Game is amazing though, my GOTY of 2012 that I didn't play in 2012.

I'm pretty happy with the way the game runs. Really smooth for the most part. I'd been planning to look up some injectors, maybe once I'm done with my playthrough.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'll keep it in mind once I start making some serious screenshots. Right now I just occasionally press F12 when I come across something that makes me go "Wooooooooooh".
You don't wanna be that guy who keeps posting shitty Half-Life 2 JPGs in the hi-res screenshots thread all the time.
Palmer gets a side story but not Kat.

Really.

They just don't know shit.
Yeah, Kat had a pretty nice ass.

What did you think about Kat, out of curiosity?

Still beautiful.

sRcI4Qgl.jpg
The visuals have definitely held up, I love how some of the effects give off a more alien appearance just due to the tech limitations of the time; like the plastic water.

Steam can take lossless images now as well, but not upload it to Steam Community. Go into the settings > in-game tab, and click "Save an uncompressed copy outside of Steam" and designate which folder to plop it into.

Palmer gets a side story but not Kat.

Really.

They just don't know shit.

Kat and Palmer are both exceptionally weak characters but they seem to be pushing Palmer more as a prominent figure in the new trilogy.

Miranda Keys would have been great for a side story, We kind of already had Halseys with Spartans Ops.

Female figures are few and far between in Halo which is a same but its Bro Warfighter 6 so I don't know what I expected.

I liked her. A lot. Then she died like a punk.

Kat was my favorite Noble Team member. To be honest, she also had my favorite death.

Her death was the most emotional because, to me at least, it sort of brought a sense of realization to the game. That even though you're all Spartans, you're all vulnerable and you can all die at any moment unexpectedly.

I still don't get why you don't like Cortana though, I liked pretty much everything about Cortana's character development in Halo 4. Mind explaining what you didn't like?

Kat and Palmer are both exceptionally weak characters but they seem to be pushing Palmer more as a prominent figure in the new trilogy.

Miranda Keys would have been great for a side story, We kind of already had Halseys with Spartans Ops.

Female figures are few and far between in Halo which is a same but its Bro Warfighter 6 so I don't know what I expected.

Either way games could use some badass females who aren't the typical ball busting humorless bland types. It's always so yawn inducing the way female characters are written in these things. Although same could be said of other mediums.

Kat was my favorite Noble Team member. To be honest, she also had my favorite death.

Her death was the most emotional because, to me at least, it sort of brought a sense of realization to the game. That even though you're all Spartans, you're all vulnerable and you can all die at any moment unexpectedly.

I still don't get why you don't like Cortana though, I liked pretty much everything about Cortana's character development in Halo 4. Mind explaining what you didn't like?

Rampancy seemed like a convenient excuse for Cortana to go into some anti-menopause and become more and more a romantic character. It degraded into this fanfiction type feel that frankly made me feel gross at the end rather than emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom