• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no advice to offer on the subject, but there's a creepiness to seeing the limbs stand on their own like that.
I like said creepiness.

Does this help your fondness of creepiness?

DSC_7484_zps17d38eaf.jpg:original

MC's crotch is staring at you.

you guys are gonna hate me but I walked out of a nas concert last year

i dont like hip hop

Holy shit! So did I! Actually I like hip hop but I had to go it was just, the worst concert ever he was like almost 2 hours late and was ridiculous on stage, wasnt even entertaining. So we bailed and drove to a party.

TheOddOne

Nas has fallen off. Only decent thing he did was Hiphop Is Dead. After that, he just made crappy mixtapes with sub-par beats and sold it as an album. Gotta get that paper.

Talents

Banned
Nas has fallen off. Only decent thing he did was Hiphop Is Dead. After that, he just made crappy mixtapes with sub-par beats and sold it as an album. Gotta get that paper.

Pretty sure most mainstream artists eventually lose what made them great in the first place, especially in rap/hiphop. If you compare Nastradamus to Illmatic for Nas or Encore to Marshall Mathers LP for Eminem you can tell how much they decline, and in such a short period, they let the fame and money go to their head, they start to think that they're the best and whatever they make will be loved.

Trasher

I would never have any desire to see hip hop live. It's only good after it comes out of the studio. And I fucking love me some hip hop too.

Madness

This.

Sounds like mindless noise live.

I don't know, I went to Rock the Bells in 2009 with some friends. It was an outdoor venue, Nas, damian Marley, talib kweli, RZA etc.

Obviously it doesn't sound as good live, but it was a great show, had a lot of fun.

The rumor about Respawn Entertainments new game sounds interesting.

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

Fuchsdh

False. If your mic is hooked up to a soundboard and you run an autotune module on it [digitally], it will calibrate live.
Wouldn't that sound odd if you were getting the unprocessed and undelayed sound too? Or is the dynamics of wherever they're playing mean people couldn't hear you without the mic anyhow? And what would the latency be like?

Wouldn't that sound odd if you were getting the unprocessed and undelayed sound too? Or is the dynamics of wherever they're playing mean people couldn't hear you without the mic anyhow? And what would the latency be like?

If your mic is only going through the one track, all anyone will hear is the auto-tuned vocals. Nobody is going to hear you actually singing off key unless they're 2 feet beside you (at least, in a concert). You have to be really bad to go off on auto-tune.

Latency depends but I've only ever managed to come within 1/50 seconds, which is noticeable to the good ear (and if the performer doesn't mouth their words very well).

The Gauss Hog has always been a mystery in Halo. In every map it has every touched, it is complained about from the community of it being OP. Take the vehicle out of the damn series already. The only use it has that it makes Legendary more bearable.

The Gauss Hog has always been a mystery in Halo. In every map it has every touched, it is complained about from the community of it being OP. Take the vehicle out of the damn series already. The only use it has that it makes Legendary more bearable.

If they are adamant about its inclusion then make it 2 shots to kill or give it a stupid long cool down timer.

Vehicles suck.

Stick them in campaign and BTB only. N in BTB make sure theres enough weapons to blow them up fairly. If you playtest and find games often come out with wraiths or banshees going +30 you are doing something wrong. How is this a hard concept for MP designers to understand?

Vehicles suck.

Stick them in campaign and BTB only. N in BTB make sure theres enough weapons to blow them up fairly. If you playtest and find games often come out with wraiths or banshees going +30 you are doing something wrong. How is this a hard concept for MP designers to understand?

Halo's 3rd person vehicles are a big part of the series' appeal for me. They're just not being handled properly, and everything form new health mechanics to plasma pistols in loadouts has all but completely ruined their combat.

The MP designers haven't done a good job since H2 IMO.

Obscured

What maps have people found the best to play on, even when you lost? Any maps get better for you over time?

I'm talking all the games here. The mention of Standoff brought it to mind, but also I keep seeing Settler get voted on and even though I feel like it is a pretty unattractive map, rushing the hill keeps being fun. And I did say best in the first sentence and fun in the last, that does not mean I am equating them, 'best' could mean fun, competitive, versatile, whatever it means to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom