• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a CTF DLC pack.

1 Flag on Zanzibar
2 Flag on Midship and the Pit

2 Flag on Standoff.

Standoff was an amazing map. The bunkers could use some work but the scaled down 2 bases with a hill in the middle nature of it really works well in Halo.

CTF could certainly use some tweaks. Press X to pick up and a Drop flag feature being primary.

Mix

2 Flag on Standoff.

Standoff was an amazing map. The bunkers could use some work but the scaled down 2 bases with a hill in the middle nature of it really works well in Halo.
I agree. I don't play much objective simply because I don't have fun unless I'm in a big party. Standoff was a phenomenal map that was extrememly underrated. I would love to see it remade, even if on Forge Island.

Yep, good call.

1 flag on Zanzibar or Relic
2 flag on Midship or Blood Gulch
1 bomb assault on Headlong or Burial Mounds

Are my quintessential Halo multiplayer experiences.

Mix

Yep, good call.

1 flag on Zanzibar or Relic
2 flag on Midship or Blood Gulch
1 bomb assault on Headlong or Burial Mounds

Are my quintessential Halo multiplayer experiences.
If we're talking remakes, I don't want to see another blood gulch simply because of the fact that Reach's Hemorrhage was terribad

Iron Man 2 fell into the same trap TDKR and Spider-Man 3 did in that they threw everything in without cohesion.
I'm psyched for IM3, though. Shane Black was my writing hero growing up: Lethal Weapons, Last Boy Scout, even The Long Kiss Goodnight is hilariously watchable. Plus he was Hawkins in Predator, so yeah. Iron Man 3 better deliver.

If we're talking remakes, I don't want to see another blood gulch simply because of the fact that Reach's Hemorrhage was terribad
Not talking remakes, just best Halo experiences. Best version of BG was Coagulation, IMO. Although I didn't really have a problem with Hemorrhage. What is yours? All the hills?

Gui_PT

I'm psyched for IM3, though. Shane Black was my writing hero growing up: Lethal Weapons, Last Boy Scout, even The Long Kiss Goodnight is hilariously watchable. Plus he was Hawkins in Predator, so yeah. Iron Man 3 better deliver.

Also Spider-Man 3 was a bad movie on purpose.

Just wanted to get that out there.

I would, but only if you could pick a time that favours EuroHaloGAF..

*Sigh* .. I used to have a team of RL friends who played Halo together. We went from weekly Halo CE and Halo 2 LANs, to Halo 2 and 3 online, there were 8 of us, we absolutely bossed big team right up until the end of 2010.

On Reach our numbers dwindled, occasionally we'd manage 6 players to fill an Invasion team, but 5 for Squad Slayer (RIP) was typical.

It's our Halo night tonight, Monday has been my Halo night for over 10 years, there's a chance I may be the only one to show up..

2gvOjlo.gif

Same thing happened to my group of friends - during halo 3 time we would regularly have more people on than we could actually play with - like we ran 4v4 customs all the time and there would be people gutted they couldn't get in. Most of us knew eachother from Uni so generally that group was always in there but people's brothers/ cousins/ friends would jump in and we played with a bunch of people we met online.

Fast forward 3 years and there may be a group of 3 of us on once every 6 months. I imagine a lot of that is because we are no longer Uni students but there is nothing pulling any of us onto halo no more :(

Same thing happened to my group of friends - during halo 3 time we would regularly have more people on than we could actually play with - like we ran 4v4 customs all the time and there would be people gutted they couldn't get in. Most of us knew eachother from Uni so generally that group was always in there but people's brothers/ cousins/ friends would jump in and we played with a bunch of people we met online.

Fast forward 3 years and there may be a group of 3 of us on once every 6 months. I imagine a lot of that is because we are no longer Uni students but there is nothing pulling any of us onto halo no more :(

It's like pulling teeth trying to get my old Halo Group back on Halo after Reach and Halo 4. Big part of the reason I joined HaloGAF was so I could find a decent group of players to play with.

I've got maybe 2 RL friends who will play with a little pushing but the other 10 or so I have to almost beg. When we do get together it's not for very long because of the frustration the game brings out in people.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah growing up sucks. I've barely gotten to speak with some of my friends from high school (graduated last May, now I live 2 hours away at college). My group of friends there either work a ton or moved off. Most of the people I play MP with now are you guys.

I miss having no responsibilities and just doing whatever I want.

Mix

Not talking remakes, just best Halo experiences. Best version of BG was Coagulation, IMO. Although I didn't really have a problem with Hemorrhage. What is yours? All the hills?
The hills, the aesthetic look and feel. That and Reach in general. I didn't like how it played in Reach. Maybe if someone can correctly rebuilt Coagulation then is be a happy camper. Snipe spawn camper that is ;)

Overdoziz

Banned
Blood Gulch, Coagulation and Hemorrhage are all bad. A terribly designed base surrounded by lots and lots of empty space kills any chance of them being any good for objective gametypes. Coagulation was slightly better than the other two, but it doesn't touch Valhalla, which is basically Blood Gulch done right.

DeadNames

Banned
Blood Gulch, Coagulation and Hemorrhage are all bad. A terribly designed base surrounded by lots and lots of empty space kills any chance of them being any good for objective gametypes. Coagulation was slightly better than the other two, but it doesn't touch Valhalla, which is basically Blood Gulch done right.

Finally someone agreeess!

I dont see why people revere blood gulch so much. The map was terribad.

Mix

Finally someone agreeess!

I dont see why people revere blood gulch so much. The map was terribad.
You're terribad

Valhalla is definitely superior. 9/10. Ragnarok is pretty good, I just don't like look of the ground it looks more like an old Texas farm ground than the grassy plains I imagined it would be. 7/10

Striker

5PzN4Ei.jpg

The middle hill, two based box canyon was designed better in Containment.

2 Flag on Standoff.

Also loved Standoff. Can you imagine it in Halo 4 though? Head through the middle to get erased by DMR pingers crouching on the far outskirts of the map with Camo activated. Rockets might spawn at left rock or it might be a Needler. Three players crouching in the base watching the flag with Promethean Vision until their Ordnance meter is filled. Players rolling snipers and Fuel Rod Guns in their killstreaks. Making it rain with plasma nades while the red beam of a Binary Rifle scans over the battlefield looking for a someone silly enough to move.

Hopefully Halo 5 ditches personal ordnance and AA's.

Pop

Yeah growing up sucks. I've barely gotten to speak with some of my friends from high school (graduated last May, now I live 2 hours away at college). My group of friends there either work a ton or moved off. Most of the people I play MP with now are you guys.

No one grows up saying they want to have responsibilities, paying bills, getting up everyday at 6am etc...

Everyone can make time to do the stuff they love no matter what responsibilities they may have. Halo Reach and beyond just killed that motivation.

Also loved Standoff. Can you imagine it in Halo 4 though? Head through the middle to get erased by DMR pingers crouching on the far outskirts of the map with Camo activated. Rockets might spawn at left rock or it might be a Needler. Three players crouching in the base watching the flag with Promethean Vision until their Ordnance meter is filled. Players rolling snipers and Fuel Rod Guns in their killstreaks. Making it rain with plasma nades while the red beam of a Binary Rifle scans over the battlefield looking for a someone silly enough to move.

Hopefully Halo 5 ditches personal ordnance and AA's.

This post basically encapsulates the problems with Halo 4.

We can't have slower paced strategic games that rely on skill anymore because too many factors create uncertainty and give players the potential to win not by being the better team but by being more lucky.

I don't have much hope Halo 5 will ditch the fluff sadly.

Overdoziz

Banned
5PzN4Ei.jpg

The middle hill, two based box canyon was designed better in Containment.
Containment had the most impenetrable bases in the history of mankind. The bases on Valhalla had a good mix of it being relatively easy to defend, but also being approachable enough so that the offensive team actually had a chance of getting the objective. That's part of what made objective gametypes so great on that map.

Mix

Containment had the most impenetrable bases in the history of mankind. The bases on Valhalla had a good mix of it being relatively easy to defend, but also being approachable enough so that the offensive team actually had a chance of getting the objective. That's what made objective gametypes so great on that map.
One reason Valhalla was sogood.gif I loved CTF. It was extremely easy to defend your base with only three real entrances. The offensive team could totally come and wreck shop if one little thing was left unwatched. So much fun the days of Valhalla Ragnorak is fun, but not with Mantis' all over the place. That and ordinance is no good

it'll grow back thicker, plus the potential for nipple damage when a clipper/razor is nearby.

Your perception of time improves when events continue to repeat, which is why it seems like it'll grow back faster.

I shave everywhere but my forearms twice a week and I've never chopped my nip off.

Containment had the most impenetrable bases in the history of mankind. The bases on Valhalla had a good mix of it being relatively easy to defend, but also being approachable enough so that the offensive team actually had a chance of getting the objective. That's part of what made objective gametypes so great on that map.

Valhalla is great but I think Coag has the better base. The actual geometry of the map is fantastic on Coag but the 3 tiered bases on Coag with the Vehicle bay in the bottom and the flag room in the middle open up some great attack and defend points.

Mix

Valhalla is great but I think Coag has the better base. The actual geometry of the map is fantastic on Coag but the 3 tiered bases on Coag with the Vehicle bay in the bottom and the flag room in the middle open up some great attack and defend points.
Oh man, that vehicle bay. I freakin loved Coagulation for that. It made the game so interesting. I remember the first match I ever played. When I saw that banshee fly out of the bottom of the base tears ran down my face. So beautiful. Halo is the best FPS to offer vehicular combat hands down.

Is this remake any good? I remember seeing it when it popped up but I never got the chance to play it.

Mix

nillpuddin made it.

It's good.

Whatever happened to him anyway?
Holy shit dude, I never realize someone is gone until someone points it out. I haven't seen him anywhere. I thought he posted over at HBO with the rest of us.

TCKaos

SPARTAN OPS LOBBY:
>Hairy Call - 13 Players
>Rally Point - 10 Players
>Random Transport - 3 Players
>The Chase - 12 Players
>The Didact's Gift - 12 Players

kylej

Banned

Wait til you graduate and have a mortgage and a job all sorts of fun stuff to pay. My only friends these days are HGS and my TV.

Mix

Wait til you graduate and have a mortgage and a job all sorts of fun stuff to pay. My only friends these days are HGS and my TV.
Sad day man, my condolences.

Totally unrelated, but my MCM was mister Frank O'Connor. That sexy Scotsman has my respect. I got him to sign my Halo CEA sleeve at RTX last year when he was lost trying to find his was to the Forge panel. He was like a cute bald puppy trying to find his way. He's a great dude

haha team slrp

kylej

Banned
On the flipside I can play Illmatic so loud that my windows start to shake while walking around nude and cooking chili so it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom