• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I forgot I need a car as well, and I need to start saving something up for college. I think the only stuff I'll actually be buying this year are an Xbox Infinity/PS4. I always forget that I can't really buy much with the very little amount of money I have. :/

Once you have that 5K saved up you'll proceed to spend at least $1200 to appease your dick in one way or another. These are teenage facts.

Mix

Fairly OT but I know some of you have recently done this:

Okay, so about three weeks ago my grandmother was diognosed with diabetes. She is 5'2" and weights 360 lbs. this scared me. I am 6'1" and 335 (at the time) with this news and weeks of my skinny ass girlfriend badgering me I decided to do something about my severe obesity.
Last week I started running anywhere from 1 to 2.5 miles. I have cut out sodas and I've been *trying* to eat better and smaller portions. I have lost about 5 lbs in one week.
I guess I'm wondering if I'm doing okay. I know that Tashi recently lost some decent poundage and was wondering if he could maybe PM me some ideas to help out. I appreciate any support I get.
Also, I just ran my fastest mile since freshman high school at 11 minutes and 43 seconds.
Thanks!
I'm also going to play some Halo 4 to celebrate this gimpy ass milestone.

Yeah, I forgot I need a car as well, and I need to start saving something up for college. I think the only stuff I'll actually be buying this year are an Xbox Infinity/PS4. I always forget that I can't really buy much with the very little amount of money I have. :/

If they call it the Xbox Infinity I'm gonna throw up

kylej

Banned

Okay, so about three weeks ago my grandmother was diognosed with diabetes. She is 5'2" and weights 360 lbs. this scared me. I am 6'1" and 335 (at the time) with this news and weeks of my skinny ass girlfriend badgering me I decided to do something about my severe obesity.
Last week I started running anywhere from 1 to 2.5 miles. I have cut out sodas and I've been *trying* to eat better and smaller portions. I have lost about 5 lbs in one week.
I guess I'm wondering if I'm doing okay. I know that Tashi recently lost some decent poundage and was wondering if he could maybe PM me some ideas to help out. I appreciate any support I get.
Also, I just ran my fastest mile since freshman high school at 11 minutes and 43 seconds.
Thanks!

come to fitgaf my friend. time to start lifting weights. if you lift while losing weight you'll retain a ton of the strength your body has built up to hold your fat

now that Halo is dead and I don't have to worry about multiplayer FPS games, it's tv upgrade time

wape(4).png

gimme dat PS4 already.

I have to ask, why plasma?

Mix

come to fitgaf my friend. time to start lifting weights. if you lift while losing weight you'll retain a ton of the strength your body has built up to hold your fat
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you even commenting on this Kyle. Thank you :)

Thanks!

PM me if you want, here's my résumé. 1 month of devotion to intermittent fasting and paleo did this.

http://i2.minus.com/i7WoPwyvOmegf.jpg

There's many ways of accomplishing your goals, you just have to find one that works and stick to it.

willow ve

Hey 343 - you're dumbing down of CTF did nothing to help the random scrubs in matchmaking. Still running around with no idea how to capture a flag. It's crazy how bad this is.

DeadNames

Banned
Off topic, but my laptop came.

Windows 8 has got to be the most ugly, weird looking OSs ever. Who thought it would be a good idea to use a tablet UI for a computer?

Oh well, at least I have a computer now lol.

Also, anyone have some cool Halo related wallpapers?

Is there like an easy way to get in shape. I'd like to be in shape but its so much work and I'm really lazy and pretty anyways so what gives GAF?

Fuchsdh

Nice man. Enjoy your TV.

I'm gonna try and save up for a 4K TV, if the PS4 or Xbox Infinity support 4K.

I don't imagine they would. If someone could do an awesome image at 1080p and a steady 30 or 60fps, why would they lose 3/4ths of their potential processing power rendering out a bigger image? 4K games would suffer the same issues as 4K TV--the general populace can't really tell the difference.

Mix

Is there like an easy way to get in shape. I'd like to be in shape but its so much work and I'm really lazy and pretty anyways so what gives GAF?
lol u mad brah
--------------------
My turtle beach X32 won't play the game sound through the headset. Troubleshoot help?

Kick your addiction to food. I know that sounds ridiculous but you can catch yourself eating out of boredom and stuff like that.

Stick to mostly natural foods like fruits, meat, etc.

Try to mostly eliminate meals. Just stick to basic (but still nutritious) mini-meals throughout the day. It'll help regulate your metabolism on a more consistent basis.

If you don't have a good metabolism, get it working artificially. Coffee, weed, and adderall have all proved pretty useful.

Don't start out with DudeBro 2: Do You Even Lift? workouts. To burn fat, start out with very low weights (I usually do 50) but compensate with excessively high reps; I'll do 200 per workout every other day on the extended leg press, for example.

Don't be afraid to act on impulsive indulgences, but as always, stick to moderation. Likewise, don't let this indulgence become a part of your schedule, otherwise it won't make any difference. If you force yourself not to eat or to not get junk food every once in a while you'll end up relapsing with consequences way worse than giving your body some leeway here and there.

Windows 8 has got to be the most ugly, weird looking OSs ever. Who thought it would be a good idea to use a tablet UI for a computer?

Now use it with a touchscreen enabled monitor combined with your mouse and keyboard, then come back and tell me what you think of it.

Korosenai

Beachbody programs are a great place to start. You can do it at home and it works. I've done P90X, X2, Insanity, Insanity Asylum, etc.

Check out the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459109
This. Start with Insanity, then P90X, then start hitting the gym.
Insanity. It works and its a great workout.

lol u mad brah
--------------------
My turtle beach X32 won't play the game sound through the headset. Troubleshoot help?

I'm a little mad, good job humans and great job evolution you've had millions of years to work this shit out and I still get fat if I dont exert myself a bunch?

In 2013!?

Insanity. It works and its a great workout.

Hell no I started that and quit after day three, and I BS'd the three days I did it too and was beat.

Why should I have to pay extra to enjoy the OS to it's full extent?

And it's a laptop :p

I can agree with your point of view somewhat but if you just bought a new laptop you should have gone with a touch enabled one IMO. Plenty of laptops are touch enabled nowadays. You could also go a tablet hybrid like the Surface RT (not the standard one).

Also you can set Windows 8 to a more classic start menu mode, if you prefer that mate.

Touch screen sucks. I have it I dont even bother using it its so much easier to twitch a mouse half an inch then pickup your hand to do something. They need to stop integrating two OS's like a mobile phone/tablet onto desktop computing. They are different things for a reason, one you take with you and sacrific the ease of the desktop useage for the mobility and the desktop you sacrifice mobility for ease of use.

Touch screen sucks. I have it I dont even bother using it its so much easier to twitch a mouse half an inch then pickup your hand to do something. They need to stop integrating two OS's like a mobile and table onto desktop computing. They are different things for a reason, one you take with you and sacrific the ease of the desktop useage for the mobility and the desktop you sacrifice mobility for ease of use.

Now use a standing desk and say that with a straight face :)

I would have thought you fitness savvy fellas would have picked up on that benefit. I do this every other day during work, it's great for your core.

I like the Metro UI with Windows 7.

Touch screen sucks. I have it I dont even bother using it its so much easier to twitch a mouse half an inch then pickup your hand to do something. They need to stop integrating two OS's like a mobile phone/tablet onto desktop computing. They are different things for a reason, one you take with you and sacrific the ease of the desktop useage for the mobility and the desktop you sacrifice mobility for ease of use.

Tablets can burn in hell.

DeadNames

Banned
Get Windows 7. It's much better. Windows 8 sucks without a touchscreen.

AMEN!

I can agree with your point of view somewhat but if you just bought a new laptop you should have gone with a touch enabled one IMO. Plenty of laptops are touch enabled nowadays. You could also go a tablet hybrid like the Surface RT (not the standard one).

Also you can set Windows 8 to a more classic start menu mode, if you prefer that mate.

Eh. I'd rather just have a normal mousepad and keys. I feel like a touchscreen would only get in the way.

Hell no I started that and quit after day three, and I BS'd the three days I did it too and was beat.

Dude stick to that shit! It's a workout that will never get easier because you're always improving and pushing a little harder, After that first week you'll be addicted. After 30 days you can take your shirt off on your stream to reveal your oddball swordbase tattoo and increase your stream viewers exponentially. Get it.

Obscured

I'm a little mad, good job humans and great job evolution you've had millions of years to work this shit out and I still get fat if I dont exert myself a bunch?

In 2013!?

Good Enough?

To mixmaster, biggest thing is consistency. A fair amount of good advice already here, but find something you can stick to and food is a huge part of it. Congratulations first on deciding to act and cutting out soda.

On the topic of fitness:

I was never really motivated to do anything to get in shape and hit the gym until I got someone to do it with; an accountability partner of sorts. It actually really helps. I've been hitting the gym consistently 4 days a week for about 5 months and I've seen some great results. Two more weeks of bulking and I'll be starting my "summer cut".

So, if motivation is an issue for some of you, find a fitness partner.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Thanks!

Glad you're looking to do something about your weight problem. I wish I had taken charge sooner. Dieting and exercise is hard as FUCK when you've been eating like shit your whole life. As far as exercise is concerned I would be cautious with what you're doing. Being a fat shit for so long has taken its toll on my knees and trying to run, play basketball and tennis while extremely over weight didn't help. Obviously it's better than doing nothing but stuff like Swimming or riding the Eliptical machine might be better to mix in instead of just running. Also, I would start lifting weights too if you're not. You'd be surprised at how many calories you burn lifting (and that's just the bonus effect).

Cutting out Sodas was the first thing I did and it helped tremendously. (Although I still have my diet soda) I would also cut out all juices (orange juice, cranberry juice, grape juice). All that shit is just sugar man. Have the real fruits instead. In general, just get your calories from foods and not drinks. Drinks don't satisfy your hunger. They're useless calories. Stay away from sugary cereal too. They're also a waste of calories because they don't even fill you up at all. Try to eat foods that are high in fiber, they help make you feel full.

Don't be afraid to implement a cheat meal. Keeping a nice steady diet when you haven't for so long is hard. Reward yourself once in a while. Splurging once every few weeks isn't going to kill you, in fact, it will help.

I lost almost all of the weight I lost on a Keto diet. Do some research on it if you'd like and if you have any questions I can answer whatever. It's a pretty extreme diet as I still struggle with a "normal" diet (portion controls, well balanced).

I would also try to figure out what your maintenance calorie amount is.(How many calories you burn a day just living). My guess is around 3000 for you. If you cut 500 calories a day, you'll lose about 1lb a week. That's about 4lbs a month, 48lbs a year. Add in exercise and after a year your life has completely changed.

Good luck!

RIP Halo

-EDIT-

Thats not really what Frankie does lol...

However this reminds me yea the power weapons and powerups needed to spawn into FFA maps like 15 seconds after game start. That way it has less to do with where you initially spawned. I remember Guardian the dude near the OS had such an advantage because he could basically rush OS take any damage take on the attacker and get a free snipe grab. From there you can possibly go on some terrors.

That was one of the reasons I was always like yea each map in each playlist needs specific settings, especially objective. Then Reach did something like that but it ended up being too confusing because of all the different setting modes. If they just made AR/BR and AR/DMR starts and universally nerfed bloom and nades a bit the game would have gotten a ton better without getting a ton more confusing and it would have been one game mode where then you can seperate settings based on playlists.

If default Reach felt like the Elites, then that game would've been a lot better.

Thats not really what Frankie does lol...

However this reminds me yea the power weapons and powerups needed to spawn into FFA maps like 15 seconds after game start. That way it has less to do with where you initially spawned. I remember Guardian the dude near the OS had such an advantage because he could basically rush OS take any damage take on the attacker and get a free snipe grab. From there you can possibly go on some terrors.

That was one of the reasons I was always like yea each map in each playlist needs specific settings, especially objective. Then Reach did something like that but it ended up being too confusing because of all the different setting modes. If they just made AR/BR and AR/DMR starts and universally nerfed bloom and nades a bit the game would have gotten a ton better without getting a ton more confusing and it would have been one game mode where then you can seperate settings based on playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom