• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

Wooooow.

Mind blown. The entire experience. Breathtaking.
Soo goood!
I think it is even better the second time around, I am playing it in 1999 mode right now.
It isn't impossible, but it is definitely challenging.
But I've been exploring every inch of the game, and it is just so interesting.

TheOddOne

I made the mistake of watching the Halo 3 reveal trailer before bed. These feels. Where have they been?
pie.gif

m23

Just finished Bioshock Infinite.

Wooooow.

Mind blown. The entire experience. Breathtaking.

I'm a few hours in so far, and yeah I'm pretty blown away. It is really shaping up to be one of my most favourite games in a very long time. Really good thing I didn't read/watch reviews or pay attention to videos before.

I'm a few hours in so far, and yeah I'm pretty blown away. It is really shaping up to be one of my most favourite games in a very long time. Really good thing I didn't read/watch reviews or pay attention to videos before.

It really is incredible. Started playing through it again on the 1999 difficulty last night, and already picking up on things I missed first time through.

I might need to do an ODST Legendary run at some point here...

Oh, and I have a few more Firefight achievements on that game I still need to handle. Does anybody here play Firefight anymore?

gAg CruSh3r

Oh, and I have a few more Firefight achievements on that game I still need to handle. Does anybody here play Firefight anymore?

I been thinking about playing ODST but I have not got a chance too yet..

I still need one more vidmaster challenge. I think it's the one with the 4 players co-op, rockets, and mongooses.

Mix

Glad you're looking to do something about your weight problem. I wish I had taken charge sooner. Dieting and exercise is hard as FUCK when you've been eating like shit your whole life. As far as exercise is concerned I would be cautious with what you're doing. Being a fat shit for so long has taken its toll on my knees and trying to run, play basketball and tennis while extremely over weight didn't help. Obviously it's better than doing nothing but stuff like Swimming or riding the Eliptical machine might be better to mix in instead of just running. Also, I would start lifting weights too if you're not. You'd be surprised at how many calories you burn lifting (and that's just the bonus effect).

Cutting out Sodas was the first thing I did and it helped tremendously. (Although I still have my diet soda) I would also cut out all juices (orange juice, cranberry juice, grape juice). All that shit is just sugar man. Have the real fruits instead. In general, just get your calories from foods and not drinks. Drinks don't satisfy your hunger. They're useless calories. Stay away from sugary cereal too. They're also a waste of calories because they don't even fill you up at all. Try to eat foods that are high in fiber, they help make you feel full.

Don't be afraid to implement a cheat meal. Keeping a nice steady diet when you haven't for so long is hard. Reward yourself once in a while. Splurging once every few weeks isn't going to kill you, in fact, it will help.

I lost almost all of the weight I lost on a Keto diet. Do some research on it if you'd like and if you have any questions I can answer whatever. It's a pretty extreme diet as I still struggle with a "normal" diet (portion controls, well balanced).

I would also try to figure out what your maintenance calorie amount is.(How many calories you burn a day just living). My guess is around 3000 for you. If you cut 500 calories a day, you'll lose about 1lb a week. That's about 4lbs a month, 48lbs a year. Add in exercise and after a year your life has completely changed.

Good luck!
Thanks Tashi, I'm thinking I'm going to take a serious look at a Keto diet. Is it expensive to retain? I have yet to look into it. Thanks man!

I was thinking in regards to that montage thread on the gaming side.

Are we going to have a HaloGaf halo 4 montage at any point?

It would be a shame to miss sharing some of this community's clips, especially since we have one for 3 and Reach.

It would be a shame to miss sharing some of this community's clips, especially since we have one for 3 and Reach.

I already have a few clips ready if that's the case.

Gui_PT

I have all of them buy I can get on if you need a spot filled.

No one take that last part of the sentence sexually please.

Mix

I have all of them buy I can get on if you need a spot filled.

No one take that last part of the sentence sexually please.
Too fucking late, homie.
lol, I actually still have a handful of ODST achievements to unlock but I can never find anyone who is interested to help a guy out.

789shadow

Banned

We'll probably have one close to the release of the next game, just like the Reach montage. I have at least one overkill I can send in, maybe some silly things too.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone else see the similarities in Respawn's new game concept and the Mantis in Halo 4?

"The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot."

"To keep the action balanced, game maps limit the number of Titans that can be used in a skirmish. Weapon loadouts for the foot soldiers are designed to ensure that the characters on foot can take out the Titans if need be. "

I'm excited to see the game though. Crazy if it is indeed an Xbox exclusive.

Nebula

I have montage clips too if someone puts one together!

Yes someone should do this. I have a PVR but no editing software and very little editing experience so I'll pass on making it.

Mongoose clips from me.

Anyone else see the similarities in Respawn's new game concept and the Mantis in Halo 4?

"To keep the action balanced, game maps limit the number of Titans that can be used in a skirmish. Weapon loadouts for the foot soldiers are designed to ensure that the characters on foot can take out the Titans if need be. "

So these foot soldiers will have something similar to the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenade through loadouts and the Mantis. Sounds like Halo 4 to me.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Halo 4 isn't the only shooter with mechs. Blacklight Retribution has them.

willow ve

Going to see them in June.

-------------------------------------------------

Re: Halo: turned off the stupid vibration on my controller and instantly started playing better. I'm a fool for not turning it off sooner; never would have thought it would make a difference.

or maybe it was because I didn't drink anything last night. Life's mysteries.
It was the vibration. Controller rumbles way too much on the 360. Although it's always fun to ride gunner in a hog and just hold down the trigger to troll your driver (constant rumble).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom