• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

Very impressive work, I'll make sure to download that. Sidewinder and to a lesser extent, Avalanche, are some of my favourite BTB maps.

Get some 2flag touch return going with infinite time on Sidewinder, and oh baby.
The variant was set to infinite time in the test. I tried to explain it to one of the forgers in the party who thought it was a terrible setting but he was too young to understand.

Edit: just remembered you can't toss the flag, meaning Sidewinder's best and most famous back pass strat is no more :'( (please tell me that's going to be a tweakable option in that tool)
I thought of that. You can bump through 'the goods' grate from the side seat of a hog.
ibzlP8YVW2vYxe.png

It is a different strategy and even easier than the original because the flag receiver doesn't have to fight/sneak his way to the other side. The ease of execution is offset by the waypoint so i decided to not make the grate impassible.

The variant was set to infinite time in the test. I tried to explain it to one of the forgers in the party who thought it was a terrible setting but he was too young to understand.

I thought of that. You can bump through 'the goods' grate from the side seat of a hog.

It is a different strategy and even easier than the original because the flag receiver doesn't have to fight/sneak his way to the other side. The ease of execution is offset by the waypoint so i decided to not make the grate impassible.

:O

You always think of everything.

Anyone down for some customs?

Some of the most intense and rewarding matches were several hours long Blood Gulch/Sidewinder CTF matches.

I once shot a Rocket from Blue Base on SW to the middle of the map, timing my friend's walking path and it frikkin hit him DEAD ON! Got damn so many memories with that game.

I would trade erase any two Halo games from existence for a remade H1 with XBL Multiplayer.

Stealth braggin with that Post game report lol.

Only the OGRES could mess with me and MonGo 2v2. Get at me B] lol

Booshka

Some of the most intense and rewarding matches were several hours long Blood Gulch/Sidewinder CTF matches.

I once shot a Rocket from Blue Base on SW to the middle of the map, timing my friend's walking path and it frikkin hit him DEAD ON! Got damn so many memories with that game.

I would trade erase any two Halo games from existence for a remade H1 with XBL Multiplayer.

Stealth braggin with that Post game report lol.

I just had a revelation -

If Reach had no AAs or Bloom, a power Pistol like the beta, good maps and better vehicle health, it would have basically been Halo CE 2. It would have been a true successor to the CE gameplay wrapped in the ultimate package with Forge, Theater, Firefight, and a Campaign, etc. Even though the narrative and characters weren't all that great, the missions weren't that bad themselves. They did give us plenty of enemies, space combat, varied locations, lots of vehicles (including a nice Falcon level with easter eggs), and beautiful detailed environments. I think most of its issues were just poor gameplay mechanics.

That depresses me because I miss the little things about Reach. I liked the skyboxes, the smaller Spartans and I liked healthpacks. Grenukes wouldn't have been bad with longer fuse time and increased base player traits.

Imagine if Bungie had also included the first CE mission as a send off. Man, Reach could have been much more of a tie in with CE than it was.

Madness

But it would have taken away from the great ending that Reach had. It would have been too awkward to play as Noble Six the whole game and then play as Chief.

So basically imagine if Reach were good. It hurts.

EzraLee4cd0a3588f0d3.jpg

Well it wasn't that bad, but yes.

But it would have taken away from the great ending that Reach had. It would have been too awkward to play as Noble Six the whole game and then play as Chief.

I never really enjoyed the ending to it. Felt like I'd just wasted 8 hours, but I guess that's the feeling of despair they wanted to convey.

I've completely messed up my sleep schedule this week. >_<

Been sleeping at like 3 AM, such a shame. On the other hand though I reached SR 130 in Halo 4 finally.

heckfu

Banned
Man, anyone else beat Bioshock Infinite yet? Game of the year as far as I'm concerned. That ending!
Yep, a large part of us have (including me, beat it last night).

If you're sitting down, check out the OP in the official spoilers thread because it'll blow your mind even more.

Man, anyone else beat Bioshock Infinite yet? Game of the year as far as I'm concerned. That ending!

Bioshock Infinite is pretty good but I'm still leaning towards Tomb Raider for GoTY. Tomb Raider has it so far unless GTA V is incredible or Destiny launches this year (bungie pls)

Omni

If Reach had no AAs or Bloom, a power Pistol like the beta, good maps and better vehicle health, it would have basically been Halo CE 2. It would have been a true successor to the CE gameplay wrapped in the ultimate package with Forge, Theater, Firefight, and a Campaign, etc. Even though the narrative and characters weren't all that great, the missions weren't that bad themselves. They did give us plenty of enemies, space combat, varied locations, lots of vehicles (including a nice Falcon level with easter eggs), and beautiful detailed environments. I think most of its issues were just poor gameplay mechanics.

That depresses me because I miss the little things about Reach. I liked the skyboxes, the smaller Spartans and I liked healthpacks. Grenukes wouldn't have been bad with longer fuse time and increased base player traits.

Imagine if Bungie had also included the first CE mission as a send off. Man, Reach could have been much more of a tie in with CE than it was.

Smaller Spartans? They were much bulkier than the SIIs in H2/3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Infinite is good, but I don't believe it compares to the original (I'd put it about on par with Bioshock 2, but then again, I really enjoyed Bioshock 2). It had a better ending, but that's it imo. Gunplay is just as stale, The characters are nowhere near as good (Characters like Fitzroy and Fink are barely used, and are largely 1 dimensional), and there's a lot less to explore. It's a good game, and I don't regret my purchase, but I can't help but be disappointed.

So im totally shocked at how much I enjoyed Silentium. That book was gathering dust on my shelf because I expected it to be like Cryptum and Primordium. It was miles better.

RoKKeR

I don't check up on HaloGAF much, but I just read that huge post in the OT.

citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Amazing. Perfectly summarizes how this franchise has lost it's way.

IHaveIce

Banned

Except the bad movement mechanics and the shitty maps

God these fucking bad maps

Infinite is good, but I don't believe it compares to the original (I'd put it about on par with Bioshock 2, but then again, I really enjoyed Bioshock 2). It had a better ending, but that's it imo. Gunplay is just as stale, The characters are nowhere near as good (Characters like Fitzroy and Fink are barely used, and are largely 1 dimensional), and there's a lot less to explore. It's a good game, and I don't regret my purchase, but I can't help but be disappointed.

I thought I disliked the gameplay on my first play through, but I realized that I just wanted the story to unfold. Everything that got in the way of that (looting, shooting, exploring etc) was boring me. Now that I have beat it, playing through a second time is actually incredibly enjoyable. Finding keys, backtracking, unlocking hidden chests, finding all the voxaphones, finding all the lookouts, and truly experimenting with combat is actually a treat now. Columbia just begs you to get lost in its fantastic world.

I actually need the heroic co-op achievement for 4 missions and I know how to cheese all the encounters in each one so I'd be down.

With three people, might as well do Legendary. Back during launch, my friend and I blew past Legendary missions in coop. And you can still get the Heroic achievements if you do it on Legendary, right?

With three people, might as well do Legendary. Back during launch, my friend and I blew past Legendary missions in coop. And you can still get the Heroic achievements if you do it on Legendary, right?

Yeah. Even with two people on Legendary, a friend and I went Double Dragon on their asses considering their AI only really accounts for one player anyway.

Ghazi

If you guys get desperate then remember that you can just load the last checkpoint of a mission, complete it, and get the achievement/completion. I haven't tried it, but supposedly it worked back in December and I guess it may have been patched.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
If you guys get desperate then remember that you can just load the last checkpoint of a mission, complete it, and get the achievement/completion. I haven't tried it, but supposedly it worked back in December and I guess it may have been patched.

Yep, you can do that for the achievements and LASO code, but not for challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom