• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaller Spartans? They were much bulkier than the SIIs in H2/3.
Bulkier in proportion, but their height, aside from Jorge, was much lower. They were around 6'0, 6'5 as opposed to the seven footers from the trilogy (John and MP Spartans). Jorge, for reference, was nearly as tall as the lower end of Elite heights, clocking in at 7'4.

I actually liked the shorter Spartans and their bulkier armor. The armor in Reach was also better designed than the cartoony BS in Halo 4, even if some sets were a tad bland. I can't say there's one armor set in Halo 4 I actually like.

Ghazi

Am I tripping out?

Just jumping in again randomly, so I'm sorry if this has been covered 100 times already, but...

Do we have red Xs, now?

Yes, but they're white and nonexistant.

Saucey called you a noob combo kid, you gonna sit there and take that?!? I've already forwarded him your 1v1 offer, if you have any questions feel free to PM me since I'm now your manager.

Yes but they're white and don't act as expected.
Racist.

DeadNames

Banned
Bulkier in proportion, but their height, aside from Jorge, was much lower. They were around 6'0, 6'5 as opposed to the seven footers from the trilogy (John and MP Spartans). Jorge, for reference, was nearly as tall as the lower end of Elite heights, clocking in at 7'4.

I actually liked the shorter Spartans and their bulkier armor. The armor in Reach was also better designed than the cartoony BS in Halo 4, even if some sets were a tad bland. I can't say there's one armor set in Halo 4 I actually like.

Most of the shoulder armor in H4 looks too alike. Reach/3 had some nice diversity.

Ghazi

I'm still confused on how whoever was testing the White Xs decided that the time that it was active was enough. The boltshot too also amazes me how it made it past testing, but that's been fixed now. Maybe they'll release an update to fix it and balance some things along with the new map pack launch?

Frankie pls

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm still confused on how whoever was testing the White Xs decided that the time that it was active was enough. The boltshot too also amazes me how it made it past testing, but that's been fixed now. Maybe they'll release an update to fix it and balance some things along with the new map pack launch?

Frankie pls

Didn't someone say that the DMR felt different at PAX?

EDIT: So... does anyone want to test if the X jiggles? :p

IHaveIce

Banned
Yea it's this weird thing where the Pro gametypes are just similar to Halo before Infinity but it's called Pro because of the lack of radar. FFA being the exception though.

We just need a normal Slayer. Slayer and Team Slayer. FFA Pro should be renamed to Slayer

I agree.
No simple " Team Slayer" is really confusing.

I wonder when the weapons will be changed.

Fotos

Community Forge FFA or just FFA in general is complete garbage in Halo 4. Used to be one of my favorite playlists in past Halo games but now it's just one big cluster fuck. There are no individual battles between people now. I assume this is because of sprint and instant respawn. FFA is not about who the best player is anymore, it is about who can sprint into a battle that is already going on and clean up the kills with an assault rifle. I also cannot count how many times I have killed someone and then had them spawn right in front of me and get an easy 1-shot kill.

CSR is coming out tomorrow right? Can't wait to be the first 50 in Action Sack
Best Playlist in Halo 4.

So has anything come out of the custom game type editor that fyre posted a few days ago?

I'd hope so but I haven't heard anything.

In other news, I finally made a blog!

I'll just link to the posts here instead of megaposting out the ass all the time now. The only thing I have up so far is a slightly revised playlist consolidation that highlights the major differences between Ranked and Social (Magnum/Frag starts compared to custom loadouts) and the changes to said loadout options.

You guys should like the "Ambience" button, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd hope so but I haven't heard anything.

In other news, I finally made a blog!

I'll just link to the posts here instead of megaposting out the ass all the time now.
The only thing I have up so far is a slightly revised playlist consolidation that highlights the major differences between Ranked and Social (Magnum/Frag starts compared to custom loadouts) and the changes to said loadout options.

You guys should like the "Ambience" button, though.

66rrTnL.gif

Madness

Aside from a few pieces of armor, I too hate the designs they have for this game. They look utterly ridiculous. Weird coverings, weird circles. It's a helmet with a visor.

Stalker looks a bit like the Noble Six helmet. And yet looks ridiculous with what they added. Operator would have been great except for that cartoony skull on the top. So many are so weird. Engineer, Wetwork, Tracker etc.

So many of them are junk and yet they didn't give us Mark V or carry on the designs from Reach which were pretty great as far as helmets were concerned.

Just look at the commando helmet in Reach and then Halo 4. I hope whoever did the art design, drops the goofy shit like pig or gorilla faces, weird looking eye things in the visor, and copies the simplicity of Reach helmets.

For April fools, 343i should have put Team Slayer as the first playlist and have it use Team Throwdown Pro maps/settings.
It would have been interesting to see the feedback.

Madness

For April fools, 343i should have put Team Slayer as the first playlist and have it use Team Throwdown Pro maps/settings.
It would have been interesting to see the feedback.

"TO JESSICA AND THE HALO PEOPLE! WHY DID YOU GET RID OF INFINITY? WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS. THERE IS NO RADAR, HOW DO I KNOW WHERE PEOPLE ARE? WHY CANT I USE THE DMR? THE BR DOESNT SHOOT AS FAR. BECAUSE THERE IS NO ORDNANCE, I CANT GET A SINGLE WEAPON ON THE MAP BECAUSE I DIDNT LEARN WHERE THEY SPAWN. IT SUCKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT TO RESPAWN NOW AND THE GUY I WAS FIGHTING HAS HIS SHIELDS BACK. THIS ISNT HALO... " signed xXMChief3liT3xX

You'd probably get those of kinds of responses on twitter and Waypoint then.

"TO JESSICA AND THE HALO PEOPLE! WHY DID YOU GET RID OF INFINITY? WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS. THERE IS NO RADAR, HOW DO I KNOW WHERE PEOPLE ARE? WHY CANT I USE THE DMR? THE BR DOESNT SHOOT AS FAR. BECAUSE THERE IS NO ORDNANCE, I CANT GET A SINGLE WEAPON ON THE MAP BECAUSE I DIDNT LEARN WHERE THEY SPAWN. IT SUCKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT TO RESPAWN NOW AND THE GUY I WAS FIGHTING HAS HIS SHIELDS BACK. THIS ISNT HALO... " signed xXMChief3liT3xX

And a part of every Halo vet died today...

Smaller Spartans? They were much bulkier than the SIIs in H2/3.

How so? Maybe the males were stockier, but I used the female model and I liked how the armor looked on it. It made my Spartan look tough, yet nimble and agile. I honestly feel like the ones in Halo 4 are made of plastic. The colors need more depth and texture.

How so? Maybe the males were stockier, but I used the female model and I liked how the armor looked on it. It made my Spartan look tough, yet nimble and agile. I honestly feel like the ones in Halo 4 are made of plastic. The colors need more depth and texture.

you liked 'er butt didnt you

vZnxu13.png

You'd probably get those of kinds of responses on twitter and Waypoint then.
:,(
roUxYgC.jpg

The females ones in Reach? I think they use the same armor position like males, only the female model is different, In Halo 4 the armors are actually in different position acording to the model.

Just look at the commando helmet in Reach and then Halo 4. I hope whoever did the art design, drops the goofy shit like pig or gorilla faces, weird looking eye things in the visor, and copies the simplicity of Reach helmets.

130 more Dominion victories.....Yeah, the commando armor is reeeeeeeeally different from its Reach's counterpart.

Zoolader

Anybody want to have a forge-off or some kind of forge contest? I need some inspiration to build again on Forge Island and don't know what kind of map I want to create. I did want to remake my High Ground map but it seems like too much effort working on a remake of a reimagination of a classic map, which nobody has played yet but me.

The females ones in Reach? I think they use the same armor position like males, only the female model is different, In Halo 4 the armors are actually in different position acording to the model.

I'm not familiar with exact ratios, but the females and even the males in Reach felt smaller than the ones now. Halo 4's look taller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom