• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I can confirm Battleblock Theatre is indeed awesome. Also deals with custom maps and playlists in a way very similar to one I have been brainstorming for the past few days. Halo take notes.

Ghazi

Get desperate?

The AI in this game is easy cakes with muffins on top.

Well dropped weapons and ammo are nonexistent, Promethean Bullet Sponges Mk. 2 appear, and the
Didact
has so much health at the final fight, it was so hard to beat him!

Conserving bullets is a b****. Unless you use the Catch skull, enemies take way too long to kill a lot of the time.

Stop trying to MLG your way through missions using only the BR and Plasma Pistol.

The Suppressor absolutely destroys shields, even against the Prometheans.

The Light Rifle can 6 or 7-shot high-ranking Elites on Legendary because of how high-powered it is scoped.

Scattershot usually does anywhere from 2 to 4-shots Knights regardless of rank.

I don't think I've ever ran out of ammo in a solo legendary run. The only encounter that was legitimately challenging was the Knight Battlewagon Incinerator that guards the final portal in the "Hub" on Midnight because he's got higher ground and you can't do much to detract him save for Hologram.

Anyone can join except for Bobs and Xand

MHMMMMMM

Yep, I can confirm Battleblock Theatre is indeed awesome. Also deals with custom maps and playlists in a way very similar to one I have been brainstorming for the past few days. Halo take notes.

There's an incredible amount of content in this game. The co op play is soooooo fun man, I love it. The campaign is frikkin toughhhh but when you 100% a level you've been playing for over 30 mins it feels so good.

The multiplayer is a blast too once you get familiar with the mechanics and flow of combat. More people need to jump into this game and stop doubting it for whatever reason; stop being afraid!

namethatmonster1.gif

Ghazi

There's an incredible amount of content in this game. The co op play is soooooo fun man, I love it. The campaign is frikkin toughhhh but when you 100% a level you've been playing for over 30 mins it feels so good.

The multiplayer is a blast too once you get familiar with the mechanics and flow of combat. More people need to jump into this game and stop doubting it for whatever reason; stop being afraid!

namethatmonster1.gif

It looks so fun, especially with comfy couch co-op. But I need to get it, Trials Evolution (It's on sale now but I'll probably miss it, does anyone know when the sale ends?), maybe Mark of the Ninja, Terarria, and Murder Miners. I'm so far behind on picking all of these up.

Quick question for the ones who have the early castle map pack, the new maps can be played on Dominion?

Its boring to always play in Exile

Yep, a large part of us have (including me, beat it last night).

If you're sitting down, check out the OP in the official spoilers thread because it'll blow your mind even more.

I had most of it figured out, not enough to ruin it though. I went and watched and read a few things to bridge the gaps after. Freakin game is an achievement man.

wwm0nkey

It looks so fun, especially with comfy couch co-op. But I need to get it, Trials Evolution (It's on sale now but I'll probably miss it, does anyone know when the sale ends?), maybe Mark of the Ninja, Terarria, and Murder Miners. I'm so far behind on picking all of these up.

Give me a few more days and I will get you 100 MSP for Murder Miners.

I know Shitter supports Dominion.

I'd love to get Archangel supporting Dominion but I feel like it'd be a clusterfuck.

I wonder if 343i will add it later to Dominion playlist.

Outcast is the only one of them that will be added to the Dominion playlist at launch.

Only one? I as far as I remember Shatter from Crimsom map pack is the Only DLC map that was incluyed in Dominion but only in Crimson DLC playlist, I never see it Dominion playlist.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I found some guy on Twitter that works PR for both CoD and Destiny.

Even though I'm not a fan of Call of Duty, I've always found that it has been advertised and supported very well, and with consistency. That makes me feel good about how Destiny may be handled on the publishing side.

Halo's promotion has been erratic in comparison.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Someone nudge me when that 343 stream starts. I wish the maps came out on Fridays, today would have been perfect to play some new map Halo.

I found some guy on Twitter that works PR for both CoD and Destiny.

Even though I'm not a fan of Call of Duty, I've always found that it has been advertised and supported very well, and with consistency. That makes me feel good about how Destiny may be handled on the publishing side.

Halo's promotion has been erratic in comparison.

whats the twitter?

Someone nudge me when that 343 stream starts. I wish the maps came out on Fridays, today would have been perfect to play some new map Halo.

It's not until 8 EST (i think) so it's not for a while

heckfu

Banned
Can't wait to see/hear Quinn, he seems like someone who knows where to go competitively on future games on Twitter.

He was super nice in real life, too.

the next Bioshock should be a Zelda style guided open-world game instead of a combat heavy FPS

That would be AWESOME. I didn't mind the combat at all, I liked the frenetic pace of the encounters but the system needed a lot of work. Your idea or a really solid combat system would make it better.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think the "pro" scares them off.. I mean it is simple slayer.

COmplex is just a disgusting map where you can only pay with a DMR

Yea it's this weird thing where the Pro gametypes are just similar to Halo before Infinity but it's called Pro because of the lack of radar. FFA being the exception though.

We just need a normal Slayer. Slayer and Team Slayer. FFA Pro should be renamed to Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom