• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Anybody want to have a forge-off or some kind of forge contest? I need some inspiration to build again on Forge Island and don't know what kind of map I want to create. I did want to remake my High Ground map but it seems like too much effort working on a remake of a reimagination of a classic map, which nobody has played yet but me.

This is Halo 4. For the sake of the players, please make all maps as symmetrical or balanced at possible.

RIP One sides objectives.

Did they announce it in the bulletin?

Is there like a blog post somewhere that outlines everything thats being added to matchmaking tomorrow? CSR and the new maps are probably the big ticket items but I wonder what else is being changed/ added? I think multi team is going in right? I did look on Waypoint but that site does not archive or convey information well.

Anybody want to have a forge-off or some kind of forge contest? I need some inspiration to build again on Forge Island and don't know what kind of map I want to create. I did want to remake my High Ground map but it seems like too much effort working on a remake of a reimagination of a classic map, which nobody has played yet but me.

I'd be game but I don't really have any prizes to offer save for maybe a free bonus track made in your honor on Believe Vol. 1 or a doodle of your avatar or something.

Havok

Is there like a blog post somewhere that outlines everything thats being added to matchmaking tomorrow? CSR and the new maps are probably the big ticket items but I wonder what else is being changed/ added? I think multi team is going in right? I did look on Waypoint but that site does not archive or convey information well.
This probably isn't a full list (they occasionally make changes that don't get mentioned), but here goes:

- CSR added.
- Castle maps released, are integrated into various playlists.
- Castle Team DLC goes up, 6v6.
- Multi-Team goes up, 6 teams of 2.
- Rumble Pit replaces Community Forge FFA.
- Team Objective transitions to 6v6, the world wonders how these decisions get made.
- Extraction is cut and moved into Team Objective.

This probably isn't a full list (they occasionally make changes that don't get mentioned), but here goes:

- CSR added.
- Castle maps released, are integrated into various playlists.
- Castle Team DLC goes up, 6v6.
- Multi-Team goes up, 6 teams of 2.
- Rumble Pit replaces Community Forge FFA.
- Team Objective transitions to 6v6, the world wonders how these decisions get made.
- Extraction is cut and moved into Team Objective.

Awesome thanks man, its always nice to know what's new/ changed in order to know what to try out. I didn't even know about Rumble Pit, hopefully that's just Slayer and doesn't include Regicide.

Nebula

Commando is the best Helmet on the game in my opinion. Shame it's locked behind such a poor gametype. What's even worse is that I actually force myself to play Dominion to get closer to that helmet. Time for the Wrestlemania pre-show. Enjoy yourselves if you're watching it.

Havok

Awesome thanks man, its always nice to know what's new/ changed in order to know what to try out. I didn't even know about Rumble Pit, hopefully that's just Slayer and doesn't include Regicide.
No problem. Rumble Pit is just Infinity Rumble and Rumble Pro (both Slayer), so no Regicide to worry about.

Zoolader

This is Halo 4. For the sake of the players, please make all maps as symmetrical or balanced at possible.

RIP One sides objectives.

I guess I could make a refreshing symmetrical map. Normally I tend to avoid them like the plague because they mostly look so ugly in forge and players get confused with orientation. Are all weapons in forge maps still ordnance drops or do forgers place weapons and grenades on maps now?

I'd be game but I don't really have any prizes to offer save for maybe a free bonus track made in your honor on Believe Vol. 1 or a doodle of your avatar or something.

Are you still making that symmetrical BTB map? I wouldn't want to have you splitting your work time on two solid maps, so maybe symmetrical BTB map should be the goal of the contest. It would be great for you, goat, kiwi, and possibly fyre to take part in this or even just get their input. I'll come up with a prize, and I atleast have a 14-day gold trial and some other downloadables from the LE H4.

Because DMR, and that map in the video is just ugly. I'm sure he/she has a ways to go since there isn't even trees on the map yet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why? Good console shooters get ignored and now we have to watch this shit. No thanks, just watch PC eSports, at least those games have competitive merit and global appeal.

Pretty much.

Just finished watching the Dota2 Star Ladder finals. It was awesome.

Co-op?

Maybe after them CoD finals?

I'm at the gym but I should be free in like two hours at the latest.

I guess I could make a refreshing symmetrical map. Normally I tend to avoid them like the plague because they mostly look so ugly in forge and players get confused with orientation. Are all weapons in forge maps still ordnance drops or do forgers place weapons and grenades on maps now?

Are you still making that symmetrical BTB map? I wouldn't want to have you splitting your work time on two solid maps, so maybe symmetrical BTB map should be the goal of the contest. It would be great for you, goat, kiwi, and possibly fyre to take part in this or even just get their input. I'll come up with a prize, and I atleast have a 14-day gold trial and some other downloadables from the LE H4.

Because DMR, and that map in the video is just ugly. I'm sure he/she has a ways to go since there isn't even trees on the map yet.

Yeah, since 343's so bent on 6v6 we could try and have a large objective map contest. Bare minimum I could buy the winner Murder Miners.

IHaveIce

Banned
"TO JESSICA AND THE HALO PEOPLE! WHY DID YOU GET RID OF INFINITY? WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS. THERE IS NO RADAR, HOW DO I KNOW WHERE PEOPLE ARE? WHY CANT I USE THE DMR? THE BR DOESNT SHOOT AS FAR. BECAUSE THERE IS NO ORDNANCE, I CANT GET A SINGLE WEAPON ON THE MAP BECAUSE I DIDNT LEARN WHERE THEY SPAWN. IT SUCKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT TO RESPAWN NOW AND THE GUY I WAS FIGHTING HAS HIS SHIELDS BACK. THIS ISNT HALO... " signed xXMChief3liT3xX

You'd probably get those of kinds of responses on twitter and Waypoint then.
Well we laugh but this would probably happen.

Because it doesn't work with the modern sandbox and settings, it was bad in Reach and it would be in Halo 4

Madness

I don't know. I can't explain it. Look at the difference here. Which actually looks better?

XumWlmZ.jpg

It's not just this helmet. So many are so weird. Pig snouts, apes, cartoony almost like anime meets BMX helmets. Some have weird dots, circles.

Akai__

Pretty much.

Just finished watching the Dota2 Star Ladder finals. It was awesome.

Cosigned, eventhough I'm not really into Dota or LoL.

I don't know, something just isn't right with CoD streams. I feel bored watching them. I didn't had that feel, when watching MLG Halo 3.

---

Anyone heared the story about Siglemic? He tried to do a 24h stream, after somebody donated over 1000US$ and hw fell asleep ~4 hours ago. Now 4000 people are just watching the stream, that says "be back pretty soon", until he comes back. :lol

Booshka

Cosigned, eventhough I'm not really into Dota or LoL.

I don't know, something just isn't right with CoD streams. I feel bored watching them. I didn't had that feel, when watching MLG Halo 3.

---

Anyone heared the story about Siglemic? He tried to do a 24h stream, after somebody donated over 1000US$ and hw fell asleep ~4 hours ago. Now 4000 people are just watching the stream, that says "be back pretty soon", until he comes back. :lol

Same, I'm not even on a Shadowrun tilt as per usual. I enjoyed watching MLG Halo 3, I didn't like the game, but I loved watching it. It was still good Halo action to watch, CoD is just dumb and boring, I don't feel any drama or interest in plays, matchups, or the game in general, it's just dull.
UNKNOWN iXi said:
Really? I wonder if people still play that.
Shadowrun is still played daily by a dedicated and active small community. You can always find games at any time of the day, you might get roflstomped by most of the regulars, but there are always noobs playing it too. If you are gonna play it, it's best to play with a friend or two, playing solo can be frustrating if you can't carry your team or rely on anyone to carry you.

Nebula

Wow Xbox getting a plug on the Wrestlemania pre-show. Microsoft actually putting some effort into promoting the name after the always online fiasco.

I don't know. I can't explain it. Look at the difference here. Which actually looks better?

It's not just this helmet. So many are so weird. Pig snouts, apes, cartoony almost like anime meets BMX helmets. Some have weird dots, circles.

Remember when when the SIII use more traditional armors than the SII because the armors was really expensive? SIV says fuck you we will use robot armor no matter the cost.

Remember when when the SIII use more traditional armors than the SII because the armors was really expensive? SIV says fuck you we will use robot armor no matter the cost.

That reminds me.

Has 343 explained the S-IV's in any of the books other than just a mention? I remember all the backstory we got for the S-III's when they were introduced (from books and pre-Reach vids) is why I'm asking.

Madness

Which is even more ridiculous considering that humanity was almost extinct at the end of Halo 3. Reach, humanity's military might was destroyed, Earth's home fleets destroyed and the planet occupied and yet humanity is ten times better off after just 5 years.

Ghazi

That reminds me.

Has 343 explained the S-IV's in any of the books other than just a mention? I remember all the backstory we got for the S-III's when they were introduced (from books and pre-Reach vids) is why I'm asking.

Why would they need to? Halo 4 is non-canonical.
lol

Also CoD tourney is making me snore.

That reminds me.

They are mentioned in The Thursday War, they were living only on Infinity. They are friendly and "Hot" (wtf), very human like instead of soldiers .

Which is even more ridiculous considering that humanity was almost extinct at the end of Halo 3. Reach, humanity's military might was destroyed, Earth's home fleets destroyed and the planet occupied and yet humanity is ten times better off after just 5 years.

Most of their design looks more Hi Tech armor and other designs looks organic insect feels, they even made a jiralhane and elite armors that doesnt look like a Jiralhane and Elite armors (???).

Now they have manufacturing companies that made their armors like if it were Cars or something. Makes me worried if humans can use their armors, Spartans civil war or something.

That reminds me.

Beyond the basic background the S-IV Program remains slightly clouded. We know that it follows a more ORION-like conscription because adult servicemen can now receive the augmentations, we know there are roughly 300-1000 Spartans on the Infinity, and we know they use privatized armor variants more often than not because the UNSC is in dire straits financially speaking. I also have heard that all Spartan generations are now their own branch of the UNSCDF instead of a sub-group of the Navy, with their own independent handling. The augmentation process doesn't seem to have the significant drawbacks to sex-drives that the S-II augmentations had, either. Considering they are all primarily veterans instead of being forged directly for the purpose of being a super-soldier, their behaviors err more toward the human norm as opposed to the slightly sociopathic tendencies of S-IIs and S-IIIs.

Spartan-IVs themselves were apparently first fielded in small numbers before the end of the Human-Covenant War. Yeah.

The technology jump from Halo 3 to 4 feels more like decades of rejuvenation and advancement, not five years. I feel that they wrote all of this stuff supporting the notion that Halo 4 would have been later in the timeline (perhaps around the time of the Reach eulogy or in the years leading to it), but Cortana's pesky lifespan kept them from moving it that far down. Considering how sloppy and convoluted a lot of the the Halo material is now, it wouldn't surprise me if 343 did write it like that and restructured it during development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom