• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

• Complain about state of thread
  • Make posts about what the next OT should be even though there are 1,900+ posts left
  • Keep pondering what HGS is
  • ???
  • Bi9fpjo.gif

iboVmCbD398Crz.gif

DeadNames

Banned
If you guys think the retail exclusive crap is bad in Halo, it's worse in Pokemon.

As a completionist, the only way I can get most of the legendaries is through events. Which are over.

woohoo :(

wwm0nkey

If you guys think the retail exclusive crap is bad in Halo, it's worse in Pokemon.

As a completionist, the only way I can get most of the legendaries is through events. Which are over.

woohoo :(

There is a way to make your router an event giver pretty much. Its easy to do as well.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I was thinking about the other people that got invited with me to this shindig in Seattle.

Followers on Twitter:

Ninja: 19k
Ghostayame: 10k
Greenskull: 6.5k

Tashi: 360

At least you guys know me lol. Totally lucky

kylej

Banned
traded a ditto which i said was a secret pokemon for a high level alakazam with my next door neighbor. get the dee kid.

IHaveIce

Banned
Can we please stop with wondering what HGS could be? I mean who the fuck cares. If they want to keep posting stuff with 3 letters at the end let them.

Just saw Taiga being played on the Snipedown stream.. the map is really considered for V4??? When we played it I really disliked it.

Tashi

Can we please stop with wondering what HGS could be? I mean who the fuck cares. If they want to keep posting stuff with 3 letters at the end let them.

Just saw Taiga being played on the Snipedown stream.. the map is really considered for V4??? When we played it I really disliked it.

eww I hope not lol

Trasher

So I was thinking about the other people that got invited with me to this shindig in Seattle.

Followers on Twitter:

Ninja: 19k
Ghostayame: 10k
Greenskull: 6.5k

Tashi: 360

At least you guys know me lol. Totally lucky

It's because Frank has seen you going bald. That's worth 25k followers on Twitter alone.

Karl2177

i dont get it

I'm just gonna comment on a few specific things. Otherwise I agreed with most of it.
A Balance of Work in Halo.

Competitive – Find a “flow” of constant engagement. “30 seconds of fun” was a common saying back during the earlier Halo’s, no more…now its 15 seconds of fun. The best most competitive games I’ve seen have had Avg Lives of 15 seconds or less. Allowing a team time to really get a hold of large maps grab all power weapons and survive for long periods of time too often isn’t pushing their threshold they aren’t hitting the edge of their ability. They are bullying at that point, not challenging themselves, not overcoming obstacles. Not being challenged = Boring, it’s scientifically proven!

This reminds me of u4ix trying to describe the golden triangle and thinking it was "what are the three most important things of Halo", when it's actually a design concept around balancing three player mechanics. 30 seconds of fun is a concept that is creating a basic loop that the player will go back to. It can't be too long or people will get bored. It can't be too short or people will believe it is fairly random. It's not a literal 15 seconds or 30 seconds. Regardless of skill level and intent of playing, you want to create a basic loop that people feel is incredibly satisfying.

Creative – Allow players to form their Spartan to be used interchangeably in both MP and SP and (Third gametype) giving an increased sense of development and meaning. This means allow them to build their “card”. Whatever’s the current thing? Call symbol/Clan Tag etc. Allow them to purchase pieces allow them to choose the colors of the pieces. Allow them to earn special pieces through campaign and spec ops feats of strength. Ex: Halo 3’s Katana was actually earned by earning every achievement this took time and perseverance; it was not giving to them by a grind of points. DO NOT CREATE A GRIND. Create a progression.

The Campaign should tell a story. This story is about the Master Chief character as he searches for his humanity. If you have the player become their own character, then it takes away from the story that is already being presented. Leave the player as a protagonist to something like Reach or SpOps.
Fresh Content

DLC. Halo 4’s DLC has been great the only problem is the map packs seem to be bunched. Crimson was nearly all BTB DLC. When Halo 4 already has an abundance of BTB maps. Spread that out. One BTB One Medium One Small per pack. Each a month or two apart.

I'm actually a fan of how 343 bundled similar maps in packs. They should have done more arena styled maps, but that's a tangent of its own. The reason it is good to do similar packs is so that way the player doesn't have to buy stuff that they don't want. It is surprising how many people didn't buy Defiant because they were only getting 2 MP maps in it. If the player isn't a fan of Arena styled maps, then the player didn't have to buy the Majestic maps.

Booshka

When I was 5 I played a bit of The Legend of Zelda, got bored and went back outside to play with friends. To be honest I never really got into games until I played Twisted Metal 2 on PS1 with a friend. I would watch people play SNES and play a little casually, but I would much rather be outside playing back then.

Not sure if it was the 2D to 3D or what, but when I was much younger, I didn't really care about video games. My dad played more Zelda than I ever have.

CyReN

Tashi does do a lot of work on the CC thing, I don't see any fault with his pick. I know I may come off as biased but Naked Eli should have got a spot over GS. GS following comes from Minectaft now not Halo, hell he doesn't even play Halo 4 anymore.

Tashi

^Thanks for the support bruh

I have an idea for a thing that would make all of you either much less hateful people or much more hateful people. It's a gamble I'm willing to make.

In due time.

And after the dust has settled...still, no one will give a shit

I know right? And now they play an Onslaught remake? When did this happen lol, who did that.

K stop. Onslaught was amazing. The remake looks very good.

IHaveIce

Banned
^Thanks for the support bruh

And after the dust has settled...still, no one will give a shit

K stop. Onslaught was amazing. The remake looks very good.

No no you got me wrong, I LOVED Onslaught, it just came totally out of left field, I didn't even know someone remade it already.

But this is also a map that would only work in Throwdown, the DMR will probably be too accurate for it.

250px-General_Chaos_cover.jpg

If you didnt play this game I pity your gaming history.

-

Also Karl Point 1 I agree and understand the time isnt actually literal, but a shorter timed loop is better for Halo. As in dont run around the map collecting powerups becoming unbeatable and never being challenged. Halo has been about spawning being on equal footing and doing your best to beat the same opponent. More of that needs to happen less running into people who have acquired shit n having an uphill battle. Point 3 is good for the individual but not so great for the evolution of the game itself, and point 2, yea I guess I dont really know much or care about campaign. All valid criticisms though.

If there is an Onslaught remake I'll play Halo 4 customs tonight...

heckfu

Banned
Tashi does do a lot of work on the CC thing, I don't see any fault with his pick. I know I may come off as biased but Naked Eli should have got a spot over GS. GS following comes from Minectaft now not Halo, hell he doesn't even play Halo 4 anymore.

I literally played Halo with him a few days ago and we are playing tonight. He has a huge following so it makes sense...but yeah, you're coming off as biased a little bit. In a month no one will care who went except those that did because it's an awesome opportunity for them.

edit: i've edited that twice and it still doesn't make sense. back to work :(

Tashi

No no you got me wrong, I LOVED Onslaught, it just came totally out of left field, I didn't even know someone remade it already.

But this is also a map that would only work in Throwdown, the DMR will probably be too accurate for it.

I asked the same thing. Salot did the remake as well apparently.

Damn son, Ram putting me on blast. Zelda never appealed to me. I remember being in the game shop and my brother showing me the Zelda box an I just wasn't interested whatsoever.

Yikes, you need to fix this, Chambers! That's like not having seen Star Wars.

Funny you should say that, Ive only seen the one with that Jar jar binks cunt in it. Never watched the original movies.

Ghazi

Damn son, Ram putting me on blast. Zelda never appealed to me. I remember being in the game shop and my brother showing me the Zelda box an I just wasn't interested whatsoever.

You decided you weren't interested in a game because of its boxart? Talk about judging a book by its cover!

I was a kid man, everything was judged by its cover back then

You make a good point.

heckfu

Banned
Never Edit.

i formally challenge you in front of everyone to a fifa game.

i'll be 1-star India, you can pick whatever team you want. If I lose, i'll self-impose a month long ban.

if i win, i get your avatar for two weeks.

to make it interesting, i'll allow you to go 2 goals up on me to start with.

Tashi

i formally challenge you in front of everyone to a fifa game.

i'll be 1-star India, you can pick whatever team you want. If I lose, i'll self-impose a month long ban.

if i win, i get your avatar for two weeks.

to make it interesting, i'll allow you to go 2 goals up on me to start with.

Babby has to take this bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom