• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a bunch of you folks are aspiring game developers, students, artists, programmers, etc., so I thought I'd post this here for you.

A good RL friend of mine (that a few of you have played with: Prinz Eugn) just put up a pretty damned good article at gamedev.net. I'd highly recommend it if you'd like to potentially up the quality of the work you output in terms of your digital art / games. Plus, the more exposure the better since he put a lot of work into this. Thanks for checking it out guys!

The Total Beginner's Guide to Better 2D Game Art

Ken

I know a bunch of you folks are aspiring game developers, students, artists, programmers, etc., so I thought I'd post this here for you.

A good RL friend of mine (that a few of you have played with: Prinz Eugn) just put up a pretty damned good article at gamedev.net. I'd highly recommend it if you'd like to potentially up the quality of the work you output in terms of your digital art / games. Plus, the more exposure the better since he put a lot of work into this. Thanks for checking it out guys!

Bookmarked. Will give it a read!

GrizzNKev

Banned
It came out of me.

Now she claims she can't sleep because she can HEAR a spider and it is making a spider noise.

Which sounds like "Z-O-E" or "M-I-C-H-E-L-L-E"

I think she is drunk.

DUDE

When I was little I would lay in bed late at night, alone in the darkness, and hear odd, echo-y voices wail my name.

SHE IS NOT ALONE.

Maybe if this four and half year old asshole goes to bed instead of smashing her Skuut bike into every white surface in the house and singing Folsom Prison Blues.

Almost 4 but already an asshole ;) Maybe a kids Halo online playdate when I actually allow him to play gun games? Parental question in bound: Do you allow your daughter to play Halo? If not what age will you? I'm curious when I should try to sell the misses on my son playing Halo with dad...

ocRQj4d.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DUDE

When I was little I would lay in bed late at night, alone in the darkness, and hear odd, echo-y voices wail my name.

SHE IS NOT ALONE.

I assume almost everything is supernatural evil. True story:

One night I heard her get up, open her door and run downstairs. Now, she ought not to be downstairs, at all. So I get up, stumble out into the dark hallway and walk downstairs. NO SIGN OF HER.

I look behind the couch, in the kitchen, everywhere. The only place left is the creepy basement. But why would she go there, right? And besides the door is closed and the light is off. But I am freaked out now. So I open the door.

She is standing there, in her nightgown, hair draped over her face. Grudge-style. Breathing quietly and whispering, "I heard the horsey calling."

So I just closed the door again.

I'll be on halo 4 all night

One night I heard her get up, open her door and run downstairs. Now, she ought not to be downstairs, at all. So I get up, stumble out into the dark hallway and walk downstairs. NO SIGN OF HER.

I look behind the couch, in the kitchen, everywhere. The only place left is the creepy basement. But why would she go there, right? And besides the door is closed and the light is off. But I am freaked out now. So I open the door.

She is standing there, in her nightgown, hair draped over her face. Grudge-style. Breathing quietly and whispering, "I heard the horsey calling."

Nope
No
Nope

Fracas

#fuckonami

inLzXZ106xGlg.gif

:lol:lol:lol:lol

That's awesome.

I'll be on halo 4 all night

I'll get back on in a bit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah I would have gone back to bed. What the fuck.

Edit: if anyone wants to play tomorrow night let me know. Including you Frank, if you get the exorcist under control. Beware of that basement.

m23

That's messed up.

I'm finishing up Silentium tonight(mainly the reason why I got off quick) and I went to Halopedia to look up the information on the re-finding of a certain lovable Spark.

I completely forgot about the Ship that crashes on the Halo like 40,000 years before the Autumn crashes there.

I wonder if we'll ever get an answer about that.

Mabef

Banned
Frinkles that's some next level shit.

DUDE

SHE IS NOT ALONE.
Growing up, my bed was right next to a cheap Monty Python poster tacked conveniently over a hole in the drywall. When it rained I would hear scuttling against the back of the poster. *psyche forever ruined*

Is there a workaround for changing ordnance clip sizes? I want them perty UI markers on my sweet guns.
I figured something out for this, kind of. Have the ordinance drop pulse grenades, and have the weapon spawn simultaneously above the grenades. Set the weapon's max limit high to help keep its respawn in synch with the grenades.
The player will automatically pick up the grenades when they approach the gun, keeping the UI timer consistent with the gun respawn... As long as there aren't weirdos who already have pulse grenades.. Or weirdos who pick up only the grenades and leave the gun. Or weirdos who somehow steal the gun without touching the ground. Now that I think about it, this plan isn't good.

TCKaos

Pillow shading makes my body hurt.

Omni

That grass reminds me of Blood Gulch grass

Good lookin' kid there.

Put white tires on that bike so the walls don't get scuffed up so bad.

That reminds me. I do hope that with next gen we finally get a Halo game that has decent grass on multiplayer maps. I think Tempest in Reach was a good example, but we've gone backwards since then.

So Halo Survival Horror confirmed?

And then your real daughter appeared.

1368466109_bearded_dragon_scares_kitten.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
I feel ya Frankie.

My daughter also was sleepwalking one time, I went looking after her and there she stood in a pitchdark bathroom curling her hair.

So I asked her what she is doing I got as reply "I'm the worldchampion daddy"
Me: "ok sweety, worldchampion of what?"
She "of all humans of course"

I was confused and went back to bed.

wwm0nkey

Hmmmm I do not know that much about the subject but say the new Xbox allows for BC and upscales the games to 1080p like the 360 did with OG Xbox games to 720p, would that mean if Halo 3 were to be played on the new Xbox the rendering resolution would be 1080p and not....whatever the hell it was?

Again do not know a whole lot about it but I am kind of excited about the idea of playing older games in 1080p and at consistent frame rates.

EDIT: Also Happy B-day Sai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom