• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

So, be straight with us. Is the green skull a nice palette cleanser to his purple head?
image.php

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
When you go to his house next time Fu, I'll give you a blowie from Tashi if you open the bag/smash it.

Wow this is really innapropriate and I find it very offensive. I don't see how you have not been banned for a remark like this. Please apologize to me.

Thank you

Just remove it as a default loadout, make it a map pickup. Only choices, IMO, should be either AR/Pistol/frag, or BR/Pistol/frag. Pickup weapons are determined by the map locale, so human environment = human weapons, Forerunner environment = Forerunner weapons, etc. Use the Halo 2 style ammo boxes sparingly if needed for the human weapons.

Also:
- No Armor Abilities in loadouts, only sparingly treated as powerups. Then even the most egregious of them won't be so hated if fought for.
- No Personal Ordnance, and for the uninitiated, use waypoints on Global Ordnance and powerups similar to how it works currently.

I agree. Get the premier default as close to classic as possible.

Because everyone would turn it off.

this lol

Purplemage

Neo Member
Weird that I've been looking forward to Reach more than 4 lately. And dammit juices how dare you have a life! My GF is working this evening so I'll have ample time.

And maaan, they've gotta change multiteam to 4 teams of 3. It was far more team oriented that way.

FyreWulff

I wonder if 343 has any plans to make use of Halo 4's Double EXP backend at this time.

Seems like it'd be a waste of backend if it's just gone now.

Weird that I've been looking forward to Reach more than 4 lately. And dammit juices how dare you have a life! My GF is working this evening so I'll have ample time.

And maaan, they've gotta change multiteam to 4 teams of 3. It was far more team oriented that way.

I've been craving some Reach Campaign and Invasion, but I already bought it thrice. I'll feel like an idiot for buying it again unless it was super cheap.

Ramirez

what you know about socom 2.

I know a lot, that was my shit before Halo 2 dropped. I remember waping the day before Halo 2 hit and some guys wanted me to join their clan, and I was like "bros, won't ever play this game again after tomorrow", and I was right!

Now look at my Halo.

Kibbles

Wasn't there supposed to be some smart glass app thing that updated shit in realtime while playing Halo 4. Like is there any sort of companion app I can use here or what? Going to work on my CSR and see what's up

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wasn't there supposed to be some smart glass app thing that updated shit in realtime while playing Halo 4. Like is there any sort of companion app I can use here or what? Going to work on my CSR and see what's up

It's on IOS I have it on my phone now. So it's definitely out there.

Kibbles

It's on IOS I have it on my phone now. So it's definitely out there.
I'm an android peasant. Don't see anything on my nexus 4 besides some waypoint app for Halo Reach lol arghhh. I got Xbox Smart glass as well but it doesn't seem to do anything inside games like I got the impression from E3, but my memory is foggy

Havok

Did 343 post somewhere what playlist had what CSR requirements?
http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/92

Playlists that use individual scoring:

Infinity Slayer
Big Team Infinity Slayer
Rumble Pit
Multi-Team
Team Action Sack
Flood
Team Snipers
Regicide
SWAT

The following playlists will use team scoring, and your CSR will be based off wins and losses. This system rewards players who work towards the objective and win the match. It will take longer to rank up in these playlists.

Playlists that will use team scoring:

Castle Team DLC
Team Objective
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Team Throwdown
Team Doubles
Grifball

It is absolutely astounding that they do not surface this information anywhere but that one singular bulletin. Especially considering that you would have to know precisely where to look, and even if you did, digging back through their news blog to find anything is such an incredible pain in the ass that it'd be a thousand times faster just to use the awesome, lightweight HBO archives. Even just a link labeled "What is CSR?" in the CSR portion of the stats page that points to that bulletin would suffice.

I mean, if they want people to actually care about their CSR, why bury every single meaningful piece of information about it as deep as possible?

Havok

Thanks. I find it odd that Infinity Slayer is based on your skill, and DLC is based on wins.
I'd wager it's because a significant percentage of the modes in that playlist are objective-based. If you based it on KDR like individual scoring does, that opens the door for stat padding in a way that none of the individual scoring playlists do.

Everybody would have been 1% Onyx if Arena had featured Oddball Sword Base.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Didnt they already find out from reach individual based ranking didnt work?

Yea but the playlists that have individual ranking in H4 either make sense (like FFA) or are the casual playlists. Therefore, I think it's actually fine.

Seibmoz

Why can't I find a Spartan Laser anywhere on the DLC maps!! These achievements are a step back from the Majestic ones, seriously between this and the hardlight shield one ill never have this game 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom