• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'll be making it to PAX for a year or two which suuuucks cuz I'd only really be going to meet you guys and some devs. I can dream though.

CyReN

At least yall have PAX East! We need a PAX South in Atlanta or Nashville.

Soon

zTkPe.jpg

Tawpgun

What's the most "New England" MLG has ever gone? Did they even have one in New York? I'm talking about during the halo era.

Is EGL planning anything for New York or Boston or somewhere in the area?

PAX East is great but they really need to move it to another time. Spring is awkward because no one wants to show the big stuff. Riot games aside, the biggest thing at PAX East this year was Last of Us.

I think the DMR would make a decent on-map mini-power weapon as it is. Something that snipers would run to when they didn't have a sniper. The main tweak I would give it is a castration of its close range capabilities so it fulfills a unique enough purpose.

Of course, the weapon redundancy of the UNSC arsenal is pretty annoying. I kind of prefer the way the DMR works in theory versus the way the BR works in theory, but in practice the DMR hurts the sandbox a lot of the time due to its nature of functioning at very long ranges. Surely there's a way to balance it without breaking it or the sandbox? Removal might be best in Halo 4 even though it's far and away my TOD.

It feels a little bit more loose to me. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

Hate to break it to you, but that looseness is from Halo 4 corporate whoring itself out. It's like pushing a button down a linear corridor at this point.

Halo 4 knows I talked shit about it so it won't let me play with a party. Game has a mind of its own.

Suddenly all my blackscreens make sense. Halo 4 doesn't want me playing because I know too much.

Tawpgun

Literally, just remove the scope of the DMR. Done. Boom. You got a consistent, singleshot precision weapon but you won't be able to decimate people from the entire map away.
Tawpgun, just move away from the east coast

West coast does have fun and its one of my desired "Places to live once im done with all this shit"

But I love the East Coast as well.

As far as the South or middle of the country goes, helllllllllllll no. Austin must be one hell of a paradise for you to tolerate Texas.

Literally, just remove the scope of the DMR. Done. Boom. You got a consistent, singleshot precision weapon but you won't be able to decimate people from the entire map away.

But I love the East Coast as well.

They should just make small maps like Midship. So DMR is less powerful, and you know...the game will be better.

I dont want to trot around a big rockfield for ten seconds before finding someone.

CyReN

What's the most "New England" MLG has ever gone? Did they even have one in New York? I'm talking about during the halo era.

PAX East is great but they really need to move it to another time. Spring is awkward because no one wants to show the big stuff. Riot games aside, the biggest thing at PAX East this year was Last of Us.

Meadowlands, Boston, and Providence.

vhfive

Around two years ago they had one in Providence. I went to it with my brother, who was big into sc2 at the time and it was the first time they had LoL there.\\
Meadowlands, Boston, and Providence.
Yup but its been a while since they've come.

CyReN

Around two years ago they had one in Providence. I went to it with my brother, who was big into sc2 at the time and it was the first time they had LoL there.\\
Yup but its been a while since they've come.

Providence was November 2011, last 2 MLG events featuring Halo at all are March 2012 & November 2012.

Gordon

Just cutting it down by an order of magnification would do the trick. With the ranges Halo plays at, anything will be OP with a 3x scope.

I wouldn't mind seeing a variant with 4sk DMRs, 4sk BRs and 3sk Magnums tuned with less magnetism/aim-assist. I've found the DMR/BR balance at close range works better with 4sk kills, favoring the BR, and a 3sk Magnum would put more pressure on CQC encounters.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Just your subconscious trying to tell you how angry you are that assault was removed from Halo by 343 for no good reason.

Maybe someday it'll be a bulletpoint in an update announcing exciting new features.

By the way, what's the general consensus of the Castle maps? I kinda wanna get on to try them but I had to fucking remove so much from my tiny HDD to make room for Bayonetta that I'll have to redownload every H4 DLC again.

I hope AGL Nashville is good. The last one wasn't bad, they just need to improve the look of their venue and have different commentators, ones that don't act like middle school kids when a girl is near them.

They should just make small maps like Midship. So DMR is less powerful, and you know...the game will be better.

I dont want to trot around a big rockfield for ten seconds before finding someone.

I agree about smaller maps in general, but not about the DMR as it stands currently. The problem with the gun is that it still wins pretty consistently against BR/Carbine/LR regardless of range.

All things considered, there's really no reason to use anything but DMR as your primary regardless of map size if your focus is putting up the best numbers you possibly can.

Ghazi

I hope AGL Nashville is good. The last one wasn't bad, they just need to improve the look of their venue and have different commentators, ones that don't act like middle school kids when a girl is near them.
The players need to get a little more mature too, the amount of smack and cussing during play at the last AGL was ridiculous. I'm not saying smack is bad, but hearing people scream that someone else is shit at the top of their lungs 3 or 4 times starts to get a little overboard IMO.

heckfu

Banned
The players need to get a little more mature too, the amount of smack and cussing during play at the last AGL was ridiculous. I'm not saying smack is bad, but hearing people scream that someone else is shit at the top of their lungs 3 or 4 times starts to get a little overboard IMO.

then you dont need to play with the wolf pack.

I agree about smaller maps in general, but not about the DMR as it stands currently. The problem with the gun is that it still wins pretty consistently against BR/Carbine/LR regardless of range.

All things considered, there's really no reason to use anything but DMR as your primary regardless of map size if your focus is putting up the best numbers you possibly can.

Then the BR and Carbine should be buffed. Reducing the effectiveness of the DMR would be bad because the DMR kill time's already about where it should be. The only thing I can think of that might be different is if they made it likea three shot kill boltshot weapon where there was a quick reload animation in between each shot. So youd have to aim in from far in BTB shoot watch the quick reload animation aim in again shoot them watch the reload animation aim in and get a headshot for the third shot kill. The time will be a bit longer than a normal perfect five shot kill to allow the people out in the open to get away but if they went super far out then they deserve to die and dont understand how to play shooter games in the first place...

Then the BR and Carbine should be buffed. Reducing the effectiveness of the DMR would be bad because the DMR kill time's already about where it should be. The only thing I can think of that might be different is if they made it likea three shot kill boltshot weapon where there was a quick reload animation in between each shot. So youd have to aim in from far in BTB shoot watch the quick reload animation aim in again shoot them watch the reload animation aim in and get a headshot for the third shot kill. The time will be a bit longer than a normal perfect five shot kill to allow the people out in the open to get away but if they went super far out then they deserve to die and dont understand how to play shooter games in the first place...

I'd be OK with buffing the Carbine and BR. My main complaint with the DMR is the amount of magnetism at distance, even when unscoped. If the Carbine and BR got a slight buff and the DMR required a little more skill when aiming, I'd be OK with all that.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

On the offhand I'm getting an error every time I try to sign in with my live account saying there's a problem with it. I hope I'm not locked out of it!

Same I have to like try nine different forms of my password everytime til I remember what mine is, after the fourth time or so it starts throwing squiggly ass words at me and I'm just like OK forget this.

Why hasn't there been a competitive event in New Orleans yet? It's the most popular city for sports in the country. Tied with the most Super Bowls, hosts the Sugar Bowl, BCS National Championship every four years, home of the Saints, hosts the Final Four multiple times. Was going to be picked to host Super Bowl 50 before the light outage mishap. Has the fucking Super Dome. Huge tourists destination and it's in the middle of the country.

What I'm trying to say, New Orleans needs some lovin' by e-sports. All the cool sports are in the orgy, they needs to join in.

Ghazi

Same I have to like try nine different forms of my password everytime til I remember what mine is, after the fourth time or so it starts throwing squiggly ass words at me and I'm just like OK forget this.

I know what my password is, I can't even get to the Live website. My shit better not get fucked up again because I lost my OG Xbox launch account during the transition to the 360, then lost another one like 2 months before Reach came out because of some credit card issue when there wasn't anything wrong with my card. Everytime I try to sign in on the website I get "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later.". Everytime I try to sign in on my console it tells me something is wrong with my account.

Akai__

You guys played Multi Team yet?

What do you think lf it? Because, I have the feeling, that 6 teams of 2 people are just too much for this gametype. It's too chaotic, in my opinion,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom