• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

They probably dropped the prototype and had to reschedule. Also why reveal in May if E3 is around the corner? Hmm..

They've recently switched to doing Apple style keynotes at their own venue/time/location/etc. This way they can get ALL the hype and media for themselves and not be competing with the rest of the expo floor. This is going to become more and more standard for the tech industry. (Apple, Google, Samsung, and MS already do it).

Tawpgun

Lol Bravo blurred stuffs in the pic.

Thought the newbie might slip up. He has learned well.

Also lol at the new generation of Halogaf. Reminds me of Bungie Pentatholon teams. We should do that.

They probably dropped the prototype and had to reschedule. Also why reveal in May if E3 is around the corner? Hmm..
Getting the whole attention. Like willow said, Microsoft would get the whole attention of journalists and public. Furthermore the new Xbox is stuck in their minds when E3 starts because it was recently announced.

They've recently switched to doing Apple style keynotes at their own venue/time/location/etc. This way they can get ALL the hype and media for themselves and not be competing with the rest of the expo floor. This is going to become more and more standard for the tech industry. (Apple, Google, Samsung, and MS already do it).
Getting the whole attention. Like willow said, Microsoft would get the whole attention of journalists and public. Furthermore the new Xbox is stuck in their minds when E3 starts because it was recently announced.
Ahhh now I see. Thanks for elaborating =)

I started playing again thanks to the new map pack. I used Reverb's website and my CSR ranks are pretty hilarious. 18 in BTS, 8 in SWAT, 1 in Castle, and not ranked in anything else.

Cool website man.

Fuchsdh

I really hope sometime soon Microsoft gets out of its monolithic "everything must be Windows 8" funk. Props to the Waypoint dev team for giving us more than we had before, but an app for stats was not the right approach--or at least not the bloated thing we got. Static stats pages are nice!

(And it's a shame that Bungie's moved away from its own clean, simple, and useful approach with the new revision.)

Omni

Found this on Bungie.net
3tuix6.jpg
:lol

ZeNy

Neo Member
I really hope sometime soon Microsoft gets out of its monolithic "everything must be Windows 8" funk. Props to the Waypoint dev team for giving us more than we had before, but an app for stats was not the right approach--or at least not the bloated thing we got. Static stats pages are nice!

(And it's a shame that Bungie's moved away from its own clean, simple, and useful approach with the new revision.)

The new bungie.net is still clean and useful, but it has a more modern approach in term of web design. That's a matter of taste.

Waiting to see how we will interact with Destiny using bungie.net to tell if their UI/UX has lost their approach.

For the stats from Halo 4, I still don't understand why 343 Industries didn't use the Halo Waypoint application (at least for Windows Phone). This app is good for Reach, why not put Halo 4 in it ? Something like being able to customize my Spartan from the Halo Waypoint app, make some personnal challenges, looking for maps and gametypes, etc, could have be a large improvement in the Halo experience.

Frankie or David, if you're here, is it possible to contact your UX/UI team to ask them for an interview ? As a designer, it would be a pleasure for me to talk with them like I talk with Sparth when he was in Paris.

I'm surprised at how addicting it is to try and rank up your CSR. The website helps a lot I think.
Once you've acquired it (50) or bored that it has no greater purpose, then there's no point of continuing. Its too easy to achieve. BUT lets say CSR based on competitive playlists like Team Throwdown then your CSR is more relevant since the competitors and the road to reaching that 50 has become an even greater goal.

Ghazi

I'm going to have download and make tons more Custom Maps and Gametypes for the next GAF meetup.

Also, thanks Wahrer and someone else for fucking up the spawns in Ro Sham Bo Hallway. I hope your Lime team was worth it :p

Has anyone noticed that when you black screen in Halo 4 that sometimes other players come back from the black screen sooner than you do?

Has anyone noticed that when you black screen in Halo 4 that sometimes other players come back from the black screen sooner than you do?

It surprisingly didn't happen to me yesterday, but yeah, all the time. It's an extra kick in the balls sometimes because you can be in black screen but still see the scores increasing.

Omni

How do you know that they got a black screen too? Sometimes it'll black screen if your connection is on the fritz.

How do you know that they got a black screen too? Sometimes it'll black screen if your connection is on the fritz.

I always assumed that everyone blackscreened when one person does. I guess that explains why sometimes I see people just standing still. I always figured they were just AFKers

That happened in Reach as well. I can't remember if Halo 2 and 3 did that.

I don't think I ever encountered this particular issue in Reach. I had black screens, but I don't think I ever died in such a... blatant fashion as a result.

EDIT:

Apparently Murder Miners is on Steam Greenlight, so everbody should go vote for it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I always assumed that everyone blackscreened when one person does. I guess that explains why sometimes I see people just standing still. I always figured they were just AFKers

I don't think I ever encountered this particular issue in Reach. I had black screens, but I don't think I ever died in such a... blatant fashion as a result.

EDIT:

Apparently Murder Miners is on Steam Greenlight, so everbody should go vote for it.

It's been on Greenlight for ages.

I love the simplicity of quickCSR, though there is one thing I would like to see implemented.

Emphasize the highest rank from the playlist ranks somehow, here's a rough example.
whiniZM.jpg

Tawpgun

Plug in Kinect, ignore it.

I don't understand why the Kinect thing is a big deal.

The big reason dev's didn't utilize Kinect in their games before was because hardly anyone had it.

With Kinect being mandatory some people are worried it will cause a cheesy and terrible Kinect functionality in some games.

Hell, when I saw the Halo 4 menu for the first time in that leak I thought they were designing it for Kinect because of how big and obnoxious everything was.

You could see games having this UI design because you need things to be big and minimal for Kinect to work well.

The big reason dev's didn't utilize Kinect in their games before was because hardly anyone had it.

With Kinect being mandatory some people are worried it will cause a cheesy and terrible Kinect functionality in some games.

Hell, when I saw the Halo 4 menu for the first time in that leak I thought they were designing it for Kinect because of how big and obnoxious everything was.

You could see games having this UI design because you need things to be big and minimal for Kinect to work well.

Thing sold over 10 million units in the first year it was out, that's not "hardly anyone had it".

Tawpgun

Thing sold over 10 million units in the first year it was out, that's not "hardly anyone had it".

Wow I thought it was a lot less than that.

That being said, the vast majority of people still didn't have it. Especially anyone who is going to be buying the more hardcore games.

Personally, I have no issue with a mandatory Kinect. Some Kinect functionality for some things might be interesting. I just hope games don't shove it down our throats. The more annoying issue is its gonna bring the price up on the console for a feature I don't want.

Rev3rb

Yo Rev3rb, will this work as a rank template for your Quick CSR site?

1nM6DSm.png

For reference:

Ranking2.jpg

mmmm, lookin' good. My favorite ranks were 37-39

Absolutely great work. Scales nicely on my phone as well.

Oh wow, QuickCSR is great.

:(

Awesome work! And I just viewed it on my Android and the mobile version works perfectly. This site is flawless.

page is looking neat Rev.

Thanks, so happy you guys like it!
It's amazing to see how many people are using it: Over 130,000 page hits so far (server is crying)

I guess this shows how many people would have appreciated Ranks in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom