• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

I just played 3 on 8 for the entirety of a BTB match. On Settler no less. JIP clearly doing its job. (Still went +10 too)

On another note, anyone else crossing their fingers for something Halo related tomorrow?

My capture software just has it set to "Global Load Balancing Service." Should I pick a US Central location?

Laptop. Program is Roxio Game Capture HD.
Don't know about your software, but xsplit lets you select the exact server you want/need. Since laptop, maybe make sure that your encode settings aren't too high for it to handle. Your processor and GPU are most important. As for rez, you don't need higher than your source, which is 720p in this case.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My capture software just has it set to "Global Load Balancing Service." Should I pick a US Central location?

Laptop. Program is Roxio Game Capture HD.

Same setup as me. Do this:

1) Download JTVPing. It'll show you the ping numbers for each twitch server
2) Change which server you stream to based on ping

Also mess around with your res/bitrate. 480p with high bitrate is pretty solid, even when compared to 720p with a lower bitrate. Make sure your software is updated too.
edit: and what exwife said. Is your processor/GPU up to snuff?

Hey 343! Don't fucking force me to play Slayer Pro when I go to BTB. WTF.

I think I'm done with this game.

Marty-McFly.gif

Omni

But surely you guys have had dev kits for some time. Whats the excitement factor?

Surely he wouldn't know everything about the console, right? Perhaps he's just excited to see what else MS is cooking. Aren't dev kits just PCs or something with similar specs? (Actually have no idea how all that works, haha)

I do wish the stream was at a better time though. Not looking forward to waking up at 3am to watch it.

Madness

At this point, I'd rather they keep radar on for Slayer Pro in infinity because it's too far removed from what the players in those lists are used to. They'll just stop picking slayer pro then.

I know, I know but I'm just saying, I'm already seeing people pick something like simplex infinity slayer over haven or adrift slayer pro.

With radar on, you bring the game in line with the way Team Slayer was on Halo 3. But I think 343 will then risk their infinity vision. They clearly want to have two distinct types of team play. The radar less and now niche pro settings or the mainstream infinity/radar settings.

But everyone who has stopped playing Halo 4, you do yourself a disservice not to at least try the new forge island playlist or slayer pro on BTB or IS.

Edit: I think why Flinch is so noticeable for me is because once I unlocked stability. I never went back. Got used to having DMR or Carbine be flinchless.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Don't know about your software, but xsplit lets you select the exact server you want/need. Since laptop, maybe make sure that your encode settings aren't too high for it to handle. Your processor and GPU are most important. As for rez, you don't need higher than your source, which is 720p in this case.

Same setup as me. Do this:

1) Download JTVPing. It'll show you the ping numbers for each twitch server
2) Change which server you stream to based on ping

Also mess around with your res/bitrate. 480p with high bitrate is pretty solid, even when compared to 720p with a lower bitrate. Make sure your software is updated too.
edit: and what exwife said. Is your processor/GPU up to snuff?

Cool, thanks. I changed it to a Central US server and it already seems much better.
http://www.twitch.tv/deadlycyclone/new

Madness

What, no one else has this happened to?

What has happened? That 343 decided to give BTB some semblance of classic Halo gameplay?

I don't feel like playing BTB infinity again now that I got to play Slayer Pro. No more plasma pistol or sticky bullshit. Warthog actually felt fun to drive again.

Fuck that. I didn't spend all this time building up my pink and ruby red suited spartan's stats just so I can sthrow it all away and play Slayer Pro with force fed gear.

When I FEEL like playing Slayer Pro, I'll fucking pick it!

Fuck that. I didn't spend all this time building up my pink and ruby red suited spartan's stats just so I can sthrow it all away and play Slayer Pro with force fed gear.

You are bad at Halo and the reason it is falling apart. Go away.

There HaloGAF I said it, looked like noone else was going to step up.

Fuchsdh

At this point, I'd rather they keep radar on for Slayer Pro in infinity because it's too far removed from what the players in those lists are used to. They'll just stop picking slayer pro then.

I know, I know but I'm just saying, I'm already seeing people pick something like simplex infinity slayer over haven or adrift slayer pro.

With radar on, you bring the game in line with the way Team Slayer was on Halo 3. But I think 343 will then risk their infinity vision. They clearly want to have two distinct types of team play. The radar less and now niche pro settings or the mainstream infinity/radar settings.

But everyone who has stopped playing Halo 4, you do yourself a disservice not to at least try the new forge island playlist or slayer pro on BTB or IS.

Edit: I think why Flinch is so noticeable for me is because once I unlocked stability. I never went back. Got used to having DMR or Carbine be flinchless.

Well I hope they just push Legendary Slayer as just regular Slayer and make the only difference with Pro radar or slight weapon differences.

Madness

So don't pick it. Don't vote and if you see slayer pro being picked, back out and select again. You're in the minority here

We didn't spend 12+ years playing Halo to get force fed weapons at our feet or have random factors decide battles.

I want to think you're just trolling but you never know.

What has happened? That 343 decided to give BTB some semblance of classic Halo gameplay?

I don't feel like playing BTB infinity again now that I got to play Slayer Pro. No more plasma pistol or sticky bullshit. Warthog actually felt fun to drive again.

I'm much the same, Infinity is fun but it's not as good as classic Halo.

How about an extraction/dominion/invasion, infinity & slayer pro mash up? First stage is slayer pro with dominion bases, second unlock stage is Infinity with extraction style and third stage is CTF.

I wonder how quick devs can mess with the gametype scripts?

Aren't you presented voting options that mix Infinity & slayer pro? I know in a full party you often can control the vote for what to play, do you not have that option?

Well I hope they just push Legendary Slayer as just regular Slayer and make the only difference with Pro radar or slight weapon differences.

You have my vote for that. I'd like legendary slayer to basically be a default style radar = ON settings variant of slayer pro.

Also the Official Waypoint Community Forge Island Feedback thread is now open for business, maybe drop in and give your feedback/preferences.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm much the same, Infinity is fun but it's not as good as classic Halo.

How about an extraction/dominion/invasion, infinity & slayer pro mash up? First stage is slayer pro with dominion bases, second unlock stage is Infinity with extraction style and third stage is CTF.

I wonder how quick devs can mess with the gametype scripts?

Well, some guys over at Se7ensins are going to be releasing their gametype editor soon. Apparently Race is possible, so you never know.

Omni

I hate Slayer Pro. The lack of motion tracker annoys me - as in, every damn game you play ends up with people running around with no cohesion and battles become a fight of who sees who first.

I always go in alone online. No one on my friends list plays Halo 4 any more. Had ~35 at launch... Sure it's better in a party. But what isn't?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
J
You are also at the mercy of your host and DNS and all manner of things you can't control. Try switching to a public DNS, or restarting your stream/PC.

What is with the J?

I just saw it in an email someone. Is it an iPad thing?

Also, totally excited for Halo announcements tomorrow. No doubt we're getting at least a splash screen with a title or 2. I think tomorrow's going to be a great day for HaloGAF.

edit: Rosso, been thinking about it for a while. Going to see if I can get Slayer Pro but with radar into matchmaking somewhere. I think it will really work nicely when the weapon tuning update drops on June 3rd. I have the perfect name for it too...Team Slayer. Genius, I know.

DeadNames

Banned
Put radar in for IS/BTB Slayer Pro variants. The noobz there (myself included) could use it. Without PV/Boltshots, radar could be tolerable.

Mix

I'm giving the forge playlist another go. Anyone online? I don't have a mic so you won't hear me chime in to drop the occasional fuck bomb

I think tomorrow's going to be a great day for HaloGAF.

The fact that tomorrow's reveal is only an hour makes me think we'll get a lot of teasers for new games that will be further revealed at E3. One hour is not a lot of time to show off the device, talk about new features, AND play trailers/demos.

Pop

The fact that tomorrow's reveal is only an hour makes me think we'll get a lot of teasers for new games that will be further revealed at E3. One hour is not a lot of time to show off the device, talk about new features, AND play trailers/demos.

dat post show on Spike

Omni

edit: Rosso, been thinking about it for a while. Going to see if I can get Slayer Pro but with radar into matchmaking somewhere. I think it will really work nicely when the weapon tuning update drops on June 3rd. I have the perfect name for it too...Team Slayer. Genius, I know.
Yeah. Something like that would be awesome.

Isn't it 2 hours now?

irV8ycf.png

2 hours mate, although I'm expecting some game reveals to be held back for E3.

Mix

Ah, thanks for the update, my bad.
NOBODY EVER LISTENS TO MEEEEE

Edit: I really want to enjoy the forge playlist mainly because I've been so excited for it. But after one game and nothing but shitty lag it makes me sad :( idk, I'm joining deadly, David, yeti, and them for something idk

WTF?!? Now because I quit out of those Slayer Pro games I was forced into, this fucking game is telling me that I'm barred from entering a game for a while?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 343!!!!!!!!!

Give me refund on my season pass you assholes. Keep this draconian playlist BS. Fuckity WTF!

Madness

WTF?!? Now because I quit out of those Slayer Pro games I was forced into, this fucking game is telling me that I'm barred from entering a game for a while?

Give me refund on my season pass you assholes. Keep this draconian playlist BS. Fuckity WTF!

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you? How were you forced into it? Don't vote and back out. This is always how it's been, we've always been forced to sometimes suffer through a bad map or gametype.

All I know is that you fucked over your teammates who will be out a member for the remainder of the match or for a large portion (don't know if slayer pro has zero JiP for IS/BTB), all because you didn't use sense when picking voting.

I honestly have no response. If this isn't a parody, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

You are bad at Halo and the reason it is falling apart. Go away.

There HaloGAF I said it, looked like noone else was going to step up.

hire juices, lobotomize shogmaster.

What is with the J?

I just saw it in an email someone. Is it an iPad thing?

I see it at work when people try to send an emoticon without "formatting as HTML".

DeadNames

Banned

adapt

noob

Booshka

BLYxr.gif

Aww shit. i am so excited about tomorrow.

Caveat: i just love consoles.

Here's how much I love consoles. When I was a kid, I think like 14 or 15, I found out about the PC Engine before it was launched. I couldn't get any more info (monthly magazines) so I wrote a physical letter to NEC in Japan asking for deets. They sent me all their packaging and manuals and info and a crazy letter that was signed off, 'May the force be with you!'

Never did finish tale of the the monster path, because Japanese text is why.

You going to be there?

I mean just to watch of course. :p

Adapt? This is a FUCKING RECREATIONAL GAME. ADAPT? Try FUCK OFF. I have spent my last dollar on Halo. I don't adapt to them. They adapt to the motherfucking consumer.

No refunds on the season pass: if you didn't participate in the 14 day buy and play promotion, you paid the iron price for it.

Fuchsdh

Shogmaster
Not genuinely interested in rational debate.

My god. The tags. They work.

---

Good games guys. Should have my mic by next week. BTB Pro is fun. New Forge maps are good. Daybreak SWAT actually uses the entire map. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom