• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Adapt? This is a FUCKING RECREATIONAL GAME. ADAPT? Try FUCK OFF. I have spent my last dollar on Halo. I don't adapt to them. They adapt to the motherfucking consumer.

Hey dude, remember that Korean BBQ GAF meetup in LA a couple years ago? That was awesome right?

Way better than Halo 4.

Oh and lol at Homeboyd with the alt callout, Shogmaster is OG NeoGaf, like 04.

No refunds on the season pass: if you didn't participate in the 14 day buy and play promotion, you paid the iron price for it.

No idea what that means. I'm sure it sounded clever in your head.

Jesus... what a shitty way to intro Slayer Pro. I would have liked it plenty too IF YOU DIDN'T FORCE IT UP MY ASS.

Well kids, I am serious.

I don't know about you, but I don't like being forced to play a certain game type or certain map.

I'm old. I know what I like. I paid for the game. Let me play the game types that I want, not what you THINK I should play.

Hire Juices..

I just received my first Halo book. Fall of Reach its called. I won it in that HBO giveaway I think by Biggy maybe? I honestly forgot who. Thanks though! Finally I can see if these turds are any good.

Pop

Adapt? This is a FUCKING RECREATIONAL GAME. ADAPT? Try FUCK OFF. I have spent my last dollar on Halo. I don't adapt to them. They adapt to the motherfucking consumer.

No idea what that means. I'm sure it sounded clever in your head.

Jesus... what a shitty way to intro Slayer Pro. I would have liked it plenty too IF YOU DIDN'T FORCE IT UP MY ASS.

f2Q2TiH.gif

Well now I've heard it all

gAg CruSh3r

Well kids, I am serious.

I don't know about you, but I don't like being forced to play a certain game type or certain map.

I'm old. I know what I like. I paid for the game. Let me play the game types that I want, not what you THINK I should play.

That's why they have custom games? So you can get some friends and play whatever you want! Well almost anything haha...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Well kids, I am serious.

Um, there has been a voting system forever. What did you do in Halo 3 when an objective gametype you didn't want to play came up in BTB? Screamed?

I JUST realized why I don't post in gaming anymore. It's just like conversing in the XBox Live games.

Um, there has been a voting system forever. What did you do in Halo 3 when an objective gametype you didn't want to play came up in BTB? Screamed?

Thanks for asking exactly what happened to me instead of assuming what happened to me and judging accordingly.

I chose BT Infinity Slayer. I get 3 choices, 1 Inifinity slayer on a map I don't like, and 2 SLayer Pro. I quit out of that and try again. This time choice of 3 Slayer Pro. I try again. Now I'm just choved into a mid game and it's Slayer Pro. I quit out of that mid game and try again and it happens to me AGAIN.

What choice did I get exactly?

Right.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well kids, I am serious.

Uh I think Infinity Slayer is utter garbage, and yet I am forced to play it the majority of the time. This argument goes both ways.

Madness

Well kids, I am serious.

You aren't being forced to play the fucking game types. They were voted in by the other people who wanted to play them. You didn't have to vote and could easily have backed out. But no, you'd rather all of a sudden come here and start caps lock shouting and being crude and bitching.

This is the nature of multiplayer. It changes and gets tweaked to player preferences. The fact it's getting voted for, means people wanted to play them.

Edit: and yet here you are acting like a typical example of someone on xbox live. Nice stealth troll.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you're asking if our vision of what a Halo game should be was, at one point in time, corrupted by 343, then yes: this has happened to us too.

EDIT: Meltdown on DeadlyCyclone's stream has the same frame rate as it does on my xbox.
therockclapping.gif

To be fair, they did try to adapt to the consumer, and Halo 4 was born.

I do get what you're saying: Slayer Pro goes against what they tried to build with Halo 4, and it can be frustrating that your loadout unlocks are useless.

On the flip side, it basically fixes the issues with BTB (over abundance of PPs and Plasma grenades).

If the OG Halo crew are upset about the multiplayer direction of Halo 4 and hated it, I appreciate that. I really do.

But now you have your Slayer Pro and it's like OG Halo without stat building and it's good. I'm happy for you. But why do I have to be force into that game type after MONTHS of following the established rules? I spent the time building up the stupid stats. I enjoy that game type. Let me have that game type so I can choose that when I want, and choose slayer pro when I want.

You kids are making this into those who like stats Halo vs OG Halo gang, but there should really room for both.

If the OG Halo crew are upset about the multiplayer direction of Halo 4 and hated it, I appreciate that. I really do.

But now you have your Slayer Pro and it's like OG Halo without stat building and it's good. I'm happy for you. But why do I have to be force into that game type after MONTHS of following the established rules? I spent the time building up the stupid stats. I enjoy that game type. Let me have that game type so I can choose that when I want, and choose slayer pro when I want.

You kids are making this into those who like stats Halo vs OG Halo gang, but there should really room for both.

I don't even know what this means.

While Infinity Slayer has a lengthy scroll of issues, I don't think that Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro should be in the same playlist, far too different gametypes for the same hopper.

Madness

I don't even know what this means.

He's upset that 90% of the Halo fans finally got something they've been wanting since day one, but since he doesn't like it, he thinks it should be taken out. Basic gist of it and yes I'm generalizing.

And that's the nature of Halo matchmaking. It always changes. I remember being forced to play tons and tons of matches I didn't like in Halo 1-Reach. You can't get your choice 100% of the time. Maybe you didn't realize it but majority rules and if they're voting for it, it means they wanted it.

Booshka

While Infinity Slayer has a lengthy scroll of issues, I don't think that Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro should be in the same playlist, far too different gametypes for the same hopper.

What we really need is 25-30 playlists with a couple dozen people in them.

He's upset that 90% of the Halo fans finally got something they've been wanting since day one, but since he doesn't like it, he thinks it should be taken out. Basic gist of it and yes I'm generalizing.

You should go back to school if that's your level of reading comprehension.

I want the choice of Slayer Pro OR Infinity Slayer. I don't want to be forced into either. Is that just simply beyond your comprehension? Or you are so immature that since you had to suffer through Infinity Slayer all this time, that you want me to suffer through Slayer Pro when I don't want to, just to make yourself feel better?

No good reason why they can't make those two things into separate play lists. NONE.

Fotos

Infinity Slayer is still infinitely
hehe get it?
better than Reach Team Slayer. Worst Slayer in Halo history ever. Ever.

What we really need is 25-30 playlists with a couple dozen people in them.

I've gone on record often and loudly that I'm not a fan of that strategy either.

If Infinity Slayer is your base gametype (which ideally it wouldn't be their base game, but it is), then Slayer Pro should only be a "hardcore" playlist.

Infinity Slayer is still infinitely
hehe get it?
better than Reach Team Slayer. Worst Slayer in Halo history ever. Ever.

No it's not. I would rather deal with Armor Lock and bloom than instant respawns and everyone running around with power weapons.

Booshka

You're right Shogmaster, no one is reading lol. Don't bother arguing; you should be able to play the version of Halo 4 you have been enjoying for months to an extent. You shouldn't be forced to play Slayer Pro, I just pity you for enjoying BTB Infinity.

Edit: ^ :lol It's not like they swapped out the normal BTB settings in the playlist. They just added a Pro variant to the mix. Still erfectly able to play normal BTB, right?

Not today it wasn't. I was forced into Slayer Pro mid game twice. And before that, saw several times where the choices were 3 Slayer Pros.

You're right Shogmaster, no one is reading lol. Don't bother arguing; you should be able to play the version of Halo 4 you have been enjoying for months to an extent. You shouldn't be forced to play Slayer Pro, I just pity you for enjoying BTB Infinity.

I'm an old man with simple desires. I just want to ride a choo choo and shoot at indians. I play Infinity BTB for the vehicles pretty much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom