• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

Can we please get a halo 4 lobby going? I'm trying to have fun in the forge island playlist but everyone is an asshole

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Any HaloGaf in Oklahoma? Stay safe, hope you are all alright. Multiple deaths today due to... (time lapse)

ibcBi5TtrUjhiL.gif

We're under a warning again tonight here.

Pop

I can agree they really messed up not having real classic in a variety of playlists at launch. That goes for other classic like BTB objective, arena 4v4 etc.

343i are doing good things recently though and I'm really curious if this reveal has some Halo reveal along with it?

They sorta have too.

Everyone will be looking for a Halo reveal of some kind. If no Halo game at launch of the next xbox, no care.

Edit: Speaking of tornadoes, last Thursday my hometown in Texas was hit. The whole south side of this town is destroyed. Stay Safe Oklahoma bros

They sorta have too.

Everyone will be looking for a Halo reveal of some kind. If no Halo game at launch of the next xbox, no care.

No Halo game at the launch of the 360. No Halo game in the year after the launch of the 360. 360 has been wildly successful.

Yep, no one will care.

Ghazi

lol Certain Affinity responded to everyone but me on that tweet, they must hate me.

Also, damn that storm looks bad.

So, place your bets. IF there is a new Halo announced tomorrow, what will it be?

Halo 4 expansion (ODST style)
Halo 2 Anniversary
Halo Wars 2
Something new/different

My vote is for something ODST like with new SP and Halo 4 MP. That is, if there even is a new Halo game, which Im not expecting.

So, place your bets. IF there is a new Halo announced tomorrow, what will it be?

Halo 4 expansion (ODST style)
Halo 2 Anniversary
Halo Wars 2
Something new/different

My vote is for something ODST like with new SP and Halo 4 MP. That is, if there even is a new Halo game, which Im not expecting.

Something new

Both Halo Wars and H2A have been denied by 343. Obviously this could mean nothing, but I'm gonna take it as they're not happening. I don't think they would re-use the Halo 4 engine on new hardware...so I'm gonna say something new.

Anyone on Halo 4?

Speaking of a new Halo announced tomorrow.. I always thought that a game based on the Spartan training program would be kinda cool.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So TheHenery, I hopping in the playlist finally to see what you were talking about with Forgotten. That map is missing some geometry that got lost in conversion. I've reported it. The sniper platforms aren't supposed to be like that at all.

Thanks for the heads up.

Something new

Both Halo Wars and H2A have been denied by 343. Obviously this could mean nothing, but I'm gonna take it as they're not happening. I don't think they would re-use the Halo 4 engine on new hardware...so I'm gonna say something new.

I think the Halo 4 engine is the engine heading into next gen. Similar to Bungie recently confirming their new engine scales between current gen and next gen.

They wouldn't expend all those resources redeveloping the engine just for 360.

As for a Halo title reveal I expect one announced for launch, not Halo 5 though. I'd like ODST 2 with SIV's and matchmade firefight using asyncrhronous networking this time.

Show us next gen Halo please.

Anyone on Halo 4?

Speaking of a new Halo announced tomorrow.. I always thought that a game based on the Spartan training program would be kinda cool.

You are speaking my language, I like.

Fuchsdh

It fits as one hell of a contrast to Halsey's hardcore (war-crime) spartan program. You get what you pay for, so if you want Spartans on the cheap, you're going to get bros.

I'd be into a Spartan IV campaign where John trains them in the ways of the old-school Spartans. It'd get him back in touch with humanity, while giving Majestic some grounding and maybe a lesson or two in being the laconic, stoic type.

Yeah. The Spartans are supposed to be dudebros. That's why Halsey's put-down of them is so good. They definitely meant to portray large elements of the UNSC as assholes, but obviously I think they could still have written the characters better and made the guys who aren't jerks (Laskey) a bit more defined. While I (think) I see where they're going with the hubris of humanity thing, people still want characters to root for.

Anybody going to be playing tonight? At around 8:30 CT or so? Roughly an hour from now?

I'll be on. Getting matched with assholes or idling idiots in the community forge playlist.

And I definitely see what's wrong with the red team sniper on the big Warthog flag map. I think the crates must not be set to spawn right so there's no way to grab it without jetpack.

EDIT: Tashi'd.

I don't expect a Halo Announcement, Something at E3 but not at this event. I can honestly see the next Halo title to be H2A in 2014. I don't expect anything this year from 343 but some updates and maybe a classic map pack later in the year.

I don't expect a Halo Announcement, Something at E3 but not at this event. I can honestly see the next Halo title to be H2A in 2014. I don't expect anything this year from 343 but some updates and maybe a classic map pack later in the year.

There's been a new Halo title every year for the last four years, you really think that's going to stop this year?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So this new playlist implemented has errors...man never would have seen that coming.

Is anyone in charge of anything at 343?

It really stinks because this playlist is not going to be around for very long and also it gives people a wrong impression of the maps.

There's been a new Halo title every year for the last four years, you really think that's going to stop this year?

Maybe, Those titles came about because they lined up well. Halo ODST was a evolved expansion, Reach was the swan song of a studio. Halo CE:A was developed mostly externally for the 10 Year Anni and Halo 4 was completed after a long dev cycle. It's not exactly screaming of an annualized franchise like call of duty is.

I find it hard to believe 343 could develop a game similar in scope to Halo 4 in a single year. A side title seems out of the question. ODST 2 seems like its not even being planned. H2A is 2014. Halo Wars will likely never see a succesor and I think Halo 5 is 2015 if H2A is made 2014 if it's not.

Don't get me wrong I'd like it but I just can't see 343 pumping out a second game that soon. If CA made something like ODST 2 then maybe.

Better get my 50 in Infinity Slayer before good kids start playing it.
Currently a 47 by playing with 2 friends that were low 30s in Halo 3.
We haven't even come close to losing a game yet.

Maybe, Those titles came about because they lined up well. Halo ODST was a evolved expansion, Reach was the swan song of a studio. Halo CE:A was developed mostly externally for the 10 Year Anni and Halo 4 was completed after a long dev cycle. It's not exactly screaming of an annualized franchise like call of duty is.

I find it hard to believe 343 could develop a game similar in scope to Halo 4 in a single year. A side title seems out of the question. ODST 2 seems like its not even being planned. H2A is 2014. Halo Wars will likely never see a succesor and I think Halo 5 is 2015 if H2A is made 2014 if it's not.

Don't get me wrong I'd like it but I just can't see 343 pumping out a second game that soon. If CA made something like ODST 2 then maybe.

Oh I don't think that a Halo game this year has any of the heavy lifting done my 343, CA seems like the likely candidate for production of a side game.

I don't believe for a second that games coming out 4 years in a row is just because they "lined up well". Companies like MS don't do things for that reason, things are almost always meticulously planned out.

Halo is fully annualized, even if they aren't "full" games like annualized COD and Assassins Creed, titles with Halo in the name are dropping every year.

Pop

lol CSR

Wait until they reset ranks...for the laughs

Seance

Banned

Halo4 50 is to a Halo3 50 what a Halo 3 50 was to a Halo2 50.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Dax is nearly finished, we have the final two out of three section being prepped for publication very shortly. Dax has been knocking it out of the park with the series, it's been a please hosting her work on FUD and helping DAX with it.

Dax also put her playthrough with Dan Miller to good use and we have Dan's comments through some of the work.

It's taken a while to get here and it's nice to see Dax come so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom