• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should go back to school if that's your level of reading comprehension.

I want the choice of Slayer Pro OR Infinity Slayer. I don't want to be forced into either. Is that just simply beyond your comprehension? Or you are so immature that since you had to suffer through Infinity Slayer all this time, that you want me to suffer through Slayer Pro when I don't want to, just to make yourself feel better?

No reason why they can't make those two things into separate play lists. NONE.
Except there is a reason. The game can't support two big team playlists. This has been proven in every game it's been attempted in since halo 2. Should they bring back the system from reach where there was like 25 poorly populated playlists? Ok.

I'm so sorry like three voting rounds didn't go the way you wanted them to, truly I am. I feel that way too: when I play an online video game in matchmaking everyone should have to play exactly what I want to play. I payed money for a game, I should get to dictate all the rules!!!

Madness

You should go back to school if that's your level of reading comprehension.

I want the choice of Slayer Pro OR Infinity Slayer. I don't want to be forced into either. Is that just simply beyond your comprehension? Or you are so immature that since you had to suffer through Infinity Slayer all this time, that you want me to suffer through Slayer Pro when I don't want to, just to make yourself feel better?

No good reason why they can't make those two things into separate play lists. NONE.

You come here acting like a spoiled petulant child talking down to all of us, and then expect us to converse with you?

The difference being, we didn't have a choice, we were forced to play infinity slayer over and over and over. You do have a choice, in that you can choose infinity slayer or slayer pro. This option wasn't there for us. Don't like it, tough shit, sell the game then. How do you think we felt when Slayer Pro was removed altogether and we had to wait for throwdown.

Just know you're in the minority here. And get off the fucking soapbox. Just take a look at your last ten posts here before you tell someone else about proper reading comprehension or levels of immaturity.

Not today it wasn't. I was forced into Slayer Pro mid game twice. And before that, saw several times where the choices were 3 Slayer Pros.

Dayum, you got unlucky.

Haha, Madness telling him to sell the game if he doesn't like it... :lol Cuz that's what people do when they don't like this game! :lol

What we really need is 25-30 playlists with a couple dozen people in them.

I'll just leave this here once again...Player TOGGLES for matchmaking. I hate to harp on it but I swear it's a more elegant solution for matchmaking:

This image from Mr. Greencastle and BF3 displays what toggles we should have in Halo. For the full write up of my idea on this see the original thread here.
kZ6efFo.png

Booshka

Is that the PC version? Because I don't think many console games can do or have done that.

Shadowrun has preferences on player count, gametype and map selection. There are only like 3 gametypes and 12 maps so it is easier, but it's there and it worked.

So nothing's better than some good ol' radarless and restricted loadouts Slayer Pro. Matchmaking set us up in a 3v3, no one else joined. Just a straight 3v3 on Scythe.

iXi vs CUBIC. Felt like a Minor Clan Match from Halo 2:

What a fun game and BTB Slayer Pro is great.

Well kids, I am serious.

I don't know about you, but I don't like being forced to play a certain game type or certain map.

I'm old. I know what I like. I paid for the game. Let me play the game types that I want, not what you THINK I should play.

I JUST realized why I don't post in gaming anymore. It's just like conversing in the XBox Live games.

Thanks for asking exactly what happened to me instead of assuming what happened to me and judging accordingly.

I chose BT Infinity Slayer. I get 3 choices, 1 Inifinity slayer on a map I don't like, and 2 SLayer Pro. I quit out of that and try again. This time choice of 3 Slayer Pro. I try again. Now I'm just choved into a mid game and it's Slayer Pro. I quit out of that mid game and try again and it happens to me AGAIN.

What choice did I get exactly?

Right.

Further proof of why Halo is in dire need of a Custom Games Browser and/or advanced search filters.

Wait a second, I thought shog was joking.

Pro settings really should have their own playlists - they are two completely different styles of play.

Did they add some better BTB maps, how does someone like vehicles with all the shit they got in that game and how small the btb maps are?

Shadowrun has preferences on player count, gametype and map selection. There are only like 3 gametypes and 12 maps so it is easier, but it's there and it worked.

Cheers. You too Steely. It'd be curious to see how it would scale to Halo though because of its larger gametype/map pool variety.

Did they add some better BTB maps, how does someone like vehicles with all the shit they got in that game and how small the btb maps are?

That confused me too. The guy plays for vehicles, and is mad that he's *NOT* playing Infinity? I just don't get some people.

That confused me too. The guy plays for vehicles, and is mad that he's *NOT* playing Infinity? I just don't get some people.
Does Pro have bigger maps?

I love Infinity BTB btw. I usually split my time 80% Infinity BTB and 20% Infinity Slayer. Pro isn't my cup of tea either so I can empathize being upset about it. Wouldn't players who prefer Pro like to have dedicated playlists so they don't get tossed into Infinity?

Booshka

lmao, what post got him banned?

I don't really get it, he was raging and venting, but nothing worse than any of us have done in the thread.

Complains about posting on Gaming side, gets banned on Gaming side, now can't post in Off-Topic, cruel world.

Further proof of why Halo is in dire need of a Custom Games Browser and/or advanced search filters.

I agree something has to be done, managing playlists is too time consuming and hit or miss as well as the majority voting thing too.

Custom games browsers lend themselves to splitting the population hugely, endless garbage choices and more JiP style issues.

I've put a lot of thought behind player toggles like that BF3 screenshot and it seems like the matchmaking, hoppers, personal choice and minimums with those toggles give rise to the largest percentage of game selection satisfaction possible.

If they have the Forge Test Playlist dynamic it can become part of the player toggles to allow a developer approved custom browser list of sorts as well. Further players like Juices and Shog should be catered for, toggles do just that where playlists become too splintered or biased, as do voting options.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Nutter and I are so close to our 50s in Multi-Team. Surprisingly, I'm a 31 while he's a 27 even though he always scores higher than me.

I was referring to the fact that in pro, not everyone and their mother has stickies and plasma pistols off of spawn. And they can't call splasers as ordnance. Or Incineration Canons, or rockets, etc.
Gotcha, and true that :)

Like I said, I've had a ton of fun in BTB, but vehicles are all hell-rides. You do as much damage as you can before you die - with only the gauss hogs being able to survive for long, and only then with a decent pilot and gunner.

vehicles are being tuned too right? Vehicle health? Or just weaponry. I read the chainguns on the hog and mantis were being buffed.

I was referring to the fact that in pro, not everyone and their mother has stickies and plasma pistols off of spawn. And they can't call splasers as ordnance. Or Incineration Canons, or rockets, etc.

That reminds me, don't try and shoot a Banshee down with a direct hit from an Incineration Cannon. Protip: It does not blow up. I camo+incin'd a Banshee at near point blank head on and ended up splattered with it taking little damage at all. Ouch.

Gotcha, and true that :)

Like I said, I've had a ton of fun in BTB, but vehicles are all hell-rides. You do as much damage as you can before you die - with only the gauss hogs being able to survive for long, and only then with a decent pilot and gunner.

vehicles are being tuned too right? Vehicle health? Or just weaponry. I read the chainguns on the hog and mantis were being buffed.

Yes they're getting buffed and it seems like slayer pro has these settings already, or is that just me?

Madness

I don't really get it, he was raging and venting, but nothing worse than any of us have done in the thread.

Complains about posting on Gaming side, gets banned on Gaming side, now can't post in Off-Topic, cruel world.

Cmon there is raging and then flat out trolling or flaming. Look at his like fourth post, calling 343 a-holes and all kinds of crude insults.

Anyways let's drop it.

On an unrelated note, I think Onyx is the best map in the forge island playlist. Didn't even realize it was Midship remake/inspired until about second or third match in. Good job Tashi and the CC's.

What happens when forge island playlist is done? Are these going to be put in rotation for other playlists?

Sai-kun

Banned
Not today it wasn't. I was forced into Slayer Pro mid game twice. And before that, saw several times where the choices were 3 Slayer Pros.

I'm an old man with simple desires. I just want to ride a choo choo and shoot at indians. I play Infinity BTB for the vehicles pretty much...

tumblr_m9snxhjtTL1qmiov0o1_400.gif

Racist.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Maester Shog finally shows up. An excellent poster, worthy and good.

But he played the game.

And paid the iron price indeed.

R0LSQ3r.gif

blamite

I'm an old man with simple desires. I just want to ride a choo choo and shoot at indians. I play Infinity BTB for the vehicles pretty much...

The truly hilarious thing about this is that without everybody spawning with plasma pistols and grenades around every corner he would have had much more fun with the vehicles in BTB. :lol

Omni

dat .gif.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix the audio during Halo 4's campaign? I just set up my new entertainment system and it's weird. I'll have it set so playing the game is nice. And then I'll get in a Warthog and it's far too loud. And then Cortana starts yelling which is even worse. And then a Grunt 100m away charges his plasma pistol and it's louder than my own weapon.

blamite

Anyone know if there is a way to fix the audio during Halo 4's campaign? I just set up my new entertainment system and it's weird. I'll have it set so playing the game is nice. And then I'll get in a Warthog and it's far too loud. And then Cortana starts yelling which is even worse. And then a Grunt 100m away charges his plasma pistol and it's louder than my own weapon.

This might be a dumb question, but do you have steadysound turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom