• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booshka

The bright side is... new kitchen. Damn if it doesn't suck eating out for every meal though. Ugh... where is the healthy food 'murica?

In your kitchen.

Depending on where you live you can probably find a place with healthy food. Look for Mediterranean places that aren't wildly expensive restaurants. If you are in middle America though, then good luck.

Fuchsdh

The bright side is... new kitchen. Damn if it doesn't suck eating out for every meal though. Ugh... where is the healthy food 'murica?
Depends where you live. My town is positively overrun with farmers markets and Whole Foods.

It'll be nice to get back to Halo after blowing through Infinite and Fable 3.

Where art thou Legendary Slayer?

Risen

Look for Mediterranean places that aren't wildly expensive restaurants

This is actually good advice... we have a Greek restaurant and a little Mediterranean place within 15 minutes or so - both serve pretty good food.

We live north of Houston in a relatively affluent area; unfortunately the world is being taken over by chain restaurants and fast food joints all of which pretty much just serve salt and sugar.

This is actually good advice... we have a Greek restaurant and a little Mediterranean place within 15 minutes or so - both serve pretty good food.

We live north of Houston in a relatively affluent area; unfortunately the world is being taken over by chain restaurants and fast food joints all of which pretty much just serve salt and sugar

Just like HaloGAF!

IHaveIce

Banned
Why not make like Call Of Duty, if a player hasn't slected a loadout, he won't spawn at the beginning, then after 1 minute, he is kicked from the party?
It was basically this but more like CS:S, with dedicated servers you could go into a match with more than the 8 people and then you have to click spawn.

If you don't you are in as a spectator

TheOddOne

Respawn: Let’s talk about the Xbox Live Cloud
So what is this Xbox Live Cloud stuff then?

Microsoft has a cloud service called Azure (it’s a real thing – you can go on their website right now and pay for servers and use them to run whatever you want). Microsoft realized that they could use that technology to solve our problem.

So they built this powerful system to let us create all sorts of tasks that they will run for us, and it can scale up and down automatically as players come and go. We can upload new programs for them to run and they handle the deployment for us. And they’ll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

But it’s not just for dedicated servers – Microsoft thought about our problem in a bigger way. Developers aren’t going to just want dedicated servers – they’ll have all kinds of features that need a server to do some kind of work to make games better. Look at Forza 5, which studies your driving style in order to create custom AI that behaves like you do. That’s totally different from what Titanfall uses it for, and it’s really cool! So it’s not accurate to say that the Xbox Live Cloud is simply a system for running dedicated servers – it can do a lot more than that.

How is this different from other dedicated servers?

With the Xbox Live Cloud, we don’t have to worry about estimating how many servers we’ll need on launch day. We don’t have to find ISPs all over the globe and rent servers from each one. We don’t have to maintain the servers or copy new builds to every server. That lets us focus on things that make our game more fun. And best yet, Microsoft has datacenters all over the world, so everyone playing our game should have a consistent, low latency connection to their local datacenter.

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don’t want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.

Tawpgun

I'm so pumped for Titanfall I might get it early for 360 before I get a next gen console (probably Xbone)

Not sure though. My girlfriend wants me to save money for a vacation, but I wanna save money for next gen console. Uhhh

willow ve

I'm so pumped for Titanfall I might get it early for 360 before I get a next gen console (probably Xbone)

Not sure though. My girlfriend wants me to save money for a vacation, but I wanna save money for next gen console. Uhhh
I might get it for 360 as well. One is too expensive for me at launch. And I'm saving for a Euro trip.

In your kitchen.

Depending on where you live you can probably find a place with healthy food. Look for Mediterranean places that aren't wildly expensive restaurants. If you are in middle America though, then good luck.

Because eating fruits and vegetables is unhealty?

I think he means the Midwest, not Central America. Generally, rural, mostly white areas don't have the varied cuisine options that you find in the more diverse population-dense areas.

Err, shouldn't this be in the off-topic thread? This split is dumb. The fact that Ghal is a mod now supports the argument for unity. I want to talk Halo and non-Halo with Halo bros in a Halo bro thread darnit.

No. There's always a "healthy" place to eat, even in small towns in the middle of nowhere (like here). Or, like they said earlier, buy your own fresh food. Here, we have roadside stands all over the place where you can buy locally grown produce and we have many ranches/farms/game stores if you're interested in livestock/meat (locally, cattle, ostrich-soooo good, bison, elk, rattlesnake, oryx, etc).

When people say "Middle America", they're referring to the statistically more obese regions of the US. That doesn't mean that there's nothing healthy, but rather, people eat too much food overall.

To relate this to Halo, Moa's are probably very healthy to eat.

Moa

gQyB1Dl.jpg

Moa

The problem is I'm actually good at video games, so I'm not going to waste time in Spartan Ops bullshit mode.

All I want is a code to make me SR130 so I can pick all the perks and not deal with grinding before I can receive all the gameplay features and be on equal footing to these nerds.

Gameplay unlocks = lame.

Gameplay unlocks = lame.
You said it, brother. Recently my brother-in-law expressed an interest in trying Halo 4. I was going to let him play on a profile on his own but there's so much of the game that's locked out, it's ridiculous. I ended up just letting him play on my profile and switching the control scheme back and forth. It's so much easier to just pick up and play something like Reach or 3.

I hit SR130 in less than a month I think. At least it's not the horrible grind that is Reach.
I XP-capped at SR24 after six hours of play on launch morning. I didn't keep anywhere near that pace, but I must have hit SR130 pretty quickly because it feels like ages ago. That Double XP burned up quickly, too. If I had known about Spartan Ops matchmaking payouts, I probably would have spent all 200 matches there before jumping into multiplayer and would have been absolutely miserable doing it.

You said it, brother. Recently my brother-in-law expressed an interest in trying Halo 4. I was going to let him play on a profile on his own but there's so much of the game that's locked out, it's ridiculous. I ended up just letting him play on my profile and switching the control scheme back and forth. It's so much easier to just pick up and play something like Reach or 3.

Exactly its completely detrimental to what they are trying to do, which is making this a game anyone can quickly jump into.

I actually had fun playing CTF with you guys last night! Juices are you still wanting to jump on some Reach tonight?

GF has decided to start her birthday celebrations a day early so I'll be busy til wednesday/thursday. I'll be on Reach tho next time I'm free.

Purplemage

Neo Member
GF has decided to start her birthday celebrations a day early so I'll be busy til wednesday/thursday. I'll be on Reach tho next time I'm free.

Sweet bro, have fun. I'm off a lot this week so I'll get with you for some Reach soon.
If anyone else is down tonight, I'll be playing a little later. Hit me up.

Karl2177

I would miss this, I'll be on after the nhl game.

Just a heads up, you don't have to quote pictures with the gaf update. Now they automatically resize themselves, and you can click them to make them the full size.

Watching this video a few months after launch is quite funny.

And by funny I mean depressing.

"It's more about specializing how you play at that point rather than the core gameplay mechanics being modified"
Why u gotta lie

So much that was just buzzwords. :/

CyReN

Just a heads up, you don't have to quote pictures with the gaf update. Now they automatically resize themselves, and you can click them to make them the full size.

Wow, GAF is getting on another level now with this dark theme and now this. Thanks for the heads up.

Madness

RIP Tawpgun and Bruins... Damn, two goals in 17 seconds with only a minute left.

Edit: Halo 4 Turbo is better than vanilla Halo 4.

Tawpgun

It's such a deflating feel. Fuck.

Worst part about hockey ending is I have nothing to look forward to until the NFL starts up. Baseball is boring

Apple is releasing controllers. Also I don't like playing FPS games on touch screens but NOVA and Modern Combat seem to do well.

games like nova and modern combat take a crapton of memory, imagine how much a game like halo 2 would take on an ipod without being SIGNIFICANTLY downgraded

Top Bottom