• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

wwm0nkey

if halo 2 wasnt downgraded at all, i think it could easily fit a 32 gig up.

sucks, because the game is going to probably not be good cause of how much they have to downgrade it.

Halo 2 is only 2-3 gigs if I am remember correctly, yeah thats still a lot but not that bad. Wish you could put a damn SD cards in those things already.

gAg CruSh3r

Halo 2 is only 2-3 gigs if I am remember correctly, yeah thats still a lot but not that bad. Wish you could be a damn SD cards in those things already.

I agree, I only have 3.4 gigs left on my iphone 5.

I'm thinking about getting the windows surface tablet. Good choice or bad?

Halo 2 is only 2-3 gigs if I am remember correctly, yeah thats still a lot but not that bad. Wish you could be a damn SD cards in those things already.

on a mobile wouldnt that just drastically increase because of how much the game has to be condensed into this mobile structure, like a game like nova would take up almost no space on an xbox. I may be completely wrong here but im just throwing the idea out.

absolutely, apple keeps making all their phones bigger, you probably could fit an sd card in a iphone or an ipod

Looking back at some of the cutscenes, Halo 4 remains bloody gorgeous. Gameplay issues aside, I really look forward to seeing 343's next gen debut.

Madness

Age of empires would be effing great. Don't know how well Halo would play. I'd rather get one of those cheap ass ouya with the controller then if Halo CE and 2 are released on Android.

Booshka

Age of empires would be effing great. Don't know how well Halo would play. I'd rather get one of those cheap ass ouya with the controller then if Halo CE and 2 are released on Android.

I wonder if the OUYA version of Halo CE will have online multiplayer. Exclusive Killer App.

Madness

What are the chances of a Halo 1-3 trilogy release, with all the campaigns and all the multiplayer included, along with all the dlc/maps being on one disc?

Meaning seamless transition between Halo CE to Halo 2 to Halo 3. You just pick the game you want to play. The playlists are consolidated etc. And all games use dedicated servers etc.

The campaigns and multiplayer are largely untouched save for some changes in resolution, maybe some bugs removed, maybe better FoV in H3. XbOne uses dual layer BD discs that can hold about 50gb. I think I'd probably play it all day everyday for the entirety of the gen.

Moa

What are the chances of a Halo 1-3 trilogy release, with all the campaigns and all the multiplayer included, along with all the dlc/maps being on one disc?

Meaning seamless transition between Halo CE to Halo 2 to Halo 3. You just pick the game you want to play. The playlists are consolidated etc. And all games use dedicated servers etc.

The campaigns and multiplayer are largely untouched save for some changes in resolution, maybe some bugs removed, maybe better FoV in H3. XbOne uses dual layer BD discs that can hold about 50gb. I think I'd probably play it all day everyday for the entirety of the gen.

Pretty much none now that you mention multiplayer for all of them, with dedicated servers.

willow ve

Seems like there's as much chance of that happening as there is of Halo 2 to be a good idea for iOS.

no bullets hans

Neo Member
Does the nexus 7 run really fast or is it better in general?

I'm not sure what your idea of really fast is...and I've never owned an iPad to compare it, but it runs fast enough that I'm not always screaming at it to load faster like I did with my old android tablet. To me, its plenty fast.

Madness makes a good point though, if there's a new one coming out in July, just get one then.

I would miss this, I'll be on after the nhl game.

Pretty cool pic from r/halo

g6HzKZd.jpg

Next step is already here.

Mix

This. It would get a simultaneous release on Xbox One, Windows, and Steam. A timed exclusive for PCs then to Macs

Omni

Halo 2 on iOS would be terrible. Absolutely terrible. And it's literally something that absolutely no one has asked for. Although it's not a first person shooter, I bought GTA Vice City for my iPad a little while back. It had the floating thumb sticks like Frankie has been talking about with Spartan Assault, but it feels really bad. You have no real control. It's all clunky and all over the place. Not to mention performance is hardly anything to write home about.

Apples and oranges and of course I have no idea how it would all work, but eh. It's a great way to ruin a great game.

I really do hope that it doesn't pan out. I would think a lot more people would prefer Halo 2:Anniversary... Including myself.

Mix

Halo 2 on iOS would be terrible. Absolutely terrible. And it's literally something that absolutely no one has asked for. Although it's not a first person shooter, I bought GTA Vice City for my iPad a little while back. It had the floating thumb sticks like Frankie has been talking about with Spartan Assault, but it feels really bad. You have no real control. It's all clunky and all over the place. Not to mention performance is hardly anything to write home about.

Apples and oranges and of course I have no idea how it would all work, but eh. It's a great way to ruin a great game.

I really do hope that it doesn't pan out. I would think a lot more people would prefer Halo 2:Anniversary... Including myself.

Exactly. Halo 2: Anniversary would be an amazing thing to behold. I guess we can pray to see it at E3 next year :/

Mindwipe

Yeah, except iOS now has a proper gamepad API as of last week. So you'd be able to attach a proper controller to the device.

Halo 1-3 will be available for xbone, no doubt in my mind. No multiplayer, remastered campaigns only. 2017 release, to mark the 10 year of H3 and give the outsourced companies time to make 2 and 3 look prettier/worse.

games like nova and modern combat take a crapton of memory, imagine how much a game like halo 2 would take on an ipod without being SIGNIFICANTLY downgraded

Memory? Not much. Storage? Maybe a few gigs. Thankfully, graphics and CPU won't be an issue, even with a low end smartphone nowadays.

m23

Halo 1-3 will be available for xbone, no doubt in my mind. No multiplayer, remastered campaigns only. 2017 release, to mark the 10 year of H3 and give the outsourced companies time to make 2 and 3 look prettier/worse.

I would love a remastered next gen version of Halo 3's campaign. My favourite campaign in the series I'd say.

Omni

Exactly. Halo 2: Anniversary would be an amazing thing to behold. I guess we can pray to see it at E3 next year :/
Yeah. I'm guessing that Halo 5 will be center stage next year though. Probably the year after we'll hear something... If they decide to.
sounds so long : I'll be out of uni by then. so weird to think about

Yeah, except iOS now has a proper gamepad API as of last week. So you'd be able to attach a proper controller to the device.
Eh. At that point is it not just easier to put it on Xbox One's Live service?

I would love a remastered next gen version of Halo 3's campaign. My favourite campaign in the series I'd say.
I dunno about that one personally. It still looks very awesome and that lighting/water is still unmatched. I guess it would benefit from higher poly models.

Fuchsdh

So when they say 128GB they really mean 64? What the fuck?
Not sure about the 128GB but the 64GB has like 20-something of its capacity taken up out of the box. If I weren't on mobile I'd find a accurate source. I assume its proportionately less on the 128GB though.

Edit: "Techgoondu" gives only 23 GB left on the 64GB model.

Be aware the Surface only has about half its capacity available, the rest is filled.

So when they say 128GB they really mean 64? What the fuck?

No. He's referring to the 64GB version of the Surface Pro. Since it's a full-on Windows 8 install (not Windows RT), plus standard, pre-installed software. From the specs:

"64 GB (approximately 29 GB available for user content), 128 GB (approximately 89 GB available for user content)"

Top Bottom