• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Booshka

Quotes a post containing a Halo 3 montage and a beautiful Halo CE montage. Says how much he misses Halo 3.

Scumbag Halo.

Without all the sweet Medals it's hard for me to tell if someone is actually making sick plays in Halo CE. I need big colorful Medals constantly popping on screen so I know that they are doing well.

/sarcasm

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm on a Surface Pro right now (got one for work) and have it hooked to a 23" Dell touchscreen monitor and a 24" Dell vertical monitor and the Surface is humming right along. I love it so far. Though I got it from work, so I didn't have to pay $999.

It's great to undock at the end of the day and throw it in my bag with the keyboard cover for working from home.

Omni

I'm on a Surface Pro tright now (got one for work) and have it hooked to a 23" Dell touchscreen monitor and a 24" Dell vertical monitor and the Surface is humming right along. I love it so far. Thought I got it from work, so I didn't have to pay $999.

It's great to undock at the end of the day and throw it in my bacg with the keyboard cover for working from home.
Daaamn. I was gonna get a Surface a few months ago but opted for an iPad mini instead.

Are they worth the recommended retail price?

Ghazi

No. He's referring to the 64GB version of the Surface Pro. Since it's a full-on Windows 8 install (not Windows RT), plus standard, pre-installed software. From the specs:

"64 GB (approximately 29 GB available for user content), 128 GB (approximately 89 GB available for user content)"
I understood why that was happening on the smaller size versions, but I thought that his statement also applied to the larger ones and was really confused on why it affected the 128GB. I knew it'd have some space taken up already, my 360 320GB hard drive only had, I believe, 298 available when I bought it.

Quotes a post containing a Halo 3 montage and a beautiful Halo CE montage. Says how much he misses Halo 3.

Scumbag Halo.

Lost my Halo CE disk :'(

And don't hate brah, i need to practice for rumored pc release
It will be like getting your eyes checked for the first time and getting lenses, experiencing the world in full hd and 60fps like its meant to be :p
Connected the old 360 dam forgot it sounds like a jet fighter :'(
Good thing i have a headset.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Daaamn. I was gonna get a Surface a few months ago but opted for an iPad mini instead.

Are they worth the recommended retail price?

Well mine is the Pro, so it's full Windows 8. The regular surface with just Metro is cheaper. I like it. I'm not sure if I'd buy it myself as I have a Macbook Air, but it's a handy device.

EDIT:

Here's my work set-up with the Surface Pro:

IMG_0869.JPG

gAg CruSh3r

No. He's referring to the 64GB version of the Surface Pro. Since it's a full-on Windows 8 install (not Windows RT), plus standard, pre-installed software. From the specs:

"64 GB (approximately 29 GB available for user content), 128 GB (approximately 89 GB available for user content)"

Can't you add a SD Card/ micro if needed? Also how much are these running around??

Moa

Yesterday KLab Inc. announced a licensing agreement with Microsoft to develop a mobile version of Microsoft Studio’s “Age of Empires” franchise, which will be initially developed in English for iOS and Android and launched globally, with plans to release the game in other languages and on Windows Phone in the future.

Some reports included incorrect information about additional Xbox based games on iOS and Android but there are no further announcements beyond “Age of Empires” at this time.

So, Halo on iOS...

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/25/age-of-empires-being-developed-for-ios-and-android/

BigShow36

Without all the sweet Medals it's hard for me to tell if someone is actually making sick plays in Halo CE. I need big colorful Medals constantly popping on screen so I know that they are doing well.

/sarcasm

Just them moving through the maps in the CE montage was more entertaining for me than the Halo 3 montage. Flipping a hog with a well-placed grenade, shooting down powerups, pistol, crouch jumping through windows, teleporter back smacks. So good.

wwm0nkey

Mentioned it here but yeah it really does add a lot of backing to that rumor and we still have the whole STEAM DB which had all 3 Halo games registered at a time before being removed and then the AMD drivers with Halo 3.exe on it.

I know Frankie has said no several times and each time I listen but dammit I want it to happen already and keep on ignoring previous warnings!

Moa

Mentioned it here but yeah it really does add a lot of backing to that rumor and we still have the whole STEAM DB which had all 3 Halo games registered at a time before being removed and then the AMD drivers with Halo 3.exe on it.

I know Frankie has said no several times and each time I listen but dammit I want it to happen already and keep on ignoring previous warnings!

Didn't they deny any form of a Halo CE remake/re-imagination multiple times?

As soon as I read the extra stuff at the bottom, I can just assume information will come out in one of the bulletins.

Well right now the rumor is that we will hear about Halo 2 PC servers next month in a bulletin or something along with the iOS version and the original trilogy on Steam.

vwMin.gif

wwm0nkey

Didn't they deny any form of a Halo CE remake/re-imagination multiple times?

As soon as I read the extra stuff at the bottom, I can just assume information will come out in one of the bulletins.

Well right now the rumor is that we will hear about Halo 2 PC servers next month in a bulletin or something along with the iOS version and the original trilogy on Steam.

Booshka

So if Halo 3 came out on Steam, would you guys want there to be separate Matchmaking for Controller only and M+K/B only? Or would you be okay with M+K/B vs Controller as long as controller got all the aim assist mechanics.

I ask because you would get royally shit on by people using M+K/B and probably get really frustrated. Or would you just learn to use M+K/B?

Moa

So if Halo 3 came out on Steam, would you guys want there to be separate Matchmaking for Controller only and M+K/B only? Or would you be okay with M+K/B vs Controller as long as controller got all the aim assist mechanics.

I ask because you would get royally shit on by people using M+K/B and probably get really frustrated. Or would you just learn to use M+K/B?

Do the same as Halo 2 PC and I'll be happy.

IHaveIce

Banned

It would be more player friendly to add aim assist for controllers.

But I played year long Quake, Counter Strike and so on. I will be fine with M+KB.. hell I would probably be better

wwm0nkey

Pretty much the one thing Halo 2 Vista did right (and ShadowRun) Aim assist for controllers and no aim assist for mouse, but don't fuck up the most movement like Halo 2 did if you went full screen mode.

RTX:

Get an exclusive first look at 343’s next Halo announcement! Join 343’s Franchise Director Frank O’Connor, Senior Producer Graeme Jennings, Community Producer Andy “BRAVO” Dudynsky, along with Designers from Austin’s own Certain Affinity Studios and special guest Zach Zeldin from Virgin Gaming to discuss an action packed Halo summer. Come for the lovely Jessica “BS ANGEL” Shea (panel moderator) and stay for all the latest and greatest Halo updates.

I wouldn't be as that would imply crippling mouse input to the point of worthlessness.

If there was matchmaking, I'd just let them bundle it together and do what Valve was thinking of doing with GO. Let them all pit it out and matchmake them based on performance, so eventually if one was getting donged on by the other they would be naturally separated.

Blueblur1

I highly doubt they will announce a new boxed retail product at small community event. If anything they may announce more online support for Halo 4 (DLC, updates, etc.). Don't expect a new version of the game for Xbone though. Not at a new and small convention like RTX anyway.

Moa

Expect something like PAX - details on some upcoming stuff, more stats on some other stuff and a bit more information on their upcoming FFA tourney (only makes sense considering some dude from Virgin Gaming is there).

Oh, probabaly something about Legendary Slayer too.

DeadNames

Banned
Oh my. What if the Turbo update was just to get ready for the influx of 4v4 maps being introduced by 343? With an added "The Pit"?

I'd rebuy Halo 4.

IHaveIce

Banned
Then why would Certain Affinity be there? IIRC, they did the Anniversary maps right?

Well who knows, but I will say another DLC would be a stupid idea with this los playerbase and a lot of them don't have any of the old dlcs right now.

I just keep my expectations in check.

Top Bottom