• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Hey stop using pictures of yourselves as avatars

Stop

Stop it
12311715541535391902fj7.gif

Mistel

Banned
So is March 2014 a reasonable estimate when Halo 5 news will start coming out?

Most likely post march after titan fall releases maybe some teasers, before but no game play or anything. I might do the real pic thing in a couple of years after my face is fixed, but no way am I doing it before that.

Mix

My nine year old little brother got Call of Duty: Ghosts for Christmas ( I am not a fan of this either, but that's a different story) so we were playing it last night and I came across a bot that was holding this sniper rifle.

Looks like the sniper from Anniversary to me...

Ghazi

Anyone remember when we first saw footage of H4? Was it April?
March
My nine year old little brother got Call of Duty: Ghosts for Christmas ( I am not a fan of this either, but that's a different story) so we were playing it last night and I came across a bot that was holding this sniper rifle.

Halo copied CoD, not really. Only the green scope on top looks similar IMO.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Here is how to make Halo F2P work

-Sell armor for $1-$2 (Also unlockable though A LOT of hours of play)
-Sell weapon skins for $1 (same as armor for unlocking)
-Add in a map MAKER and let the community make full fledged maps
-Give people the option to donate money to the map creators if wanted and have 343 take a cut of that.
-Have a Tournament donations thing by packing all of the best community maps together and have most of the profits go to funding a big tournament payout and have 343 take a small cut
(map makers will also get a small cut while this is running)

I'll take my check now 343.
YES. I want something along these lines so bad.

Maybe after Titanfall release.
Yeah, that makes the most sense. I'm guessing early April.

I feel like we might see something sooner rather than later. I would imagine that MS wants March to be owned by Titanfall. So January and February to plant the seed followed by a full blowout later on. Maybe.

There's also PAX East. Could see a panel and new trailer there. Highly doubt anything playable. I would be shocked. But who knows!

They have working builds of Multiplayer. they could stream them playing it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Like others already said, I highly doubt we will get anything important before Titanfall launched, Microsoft has really no other game right now than Titanfall upcoming and they want it to be the game where people say "YES now I will get a Xbox One" if Halo would already be fully shown or just even more shown than now, many would say "Well maybe I wait for Halo"

I bet it is something like this, but I agree with Ragnarok, they should stream dev sessions, like other MS teams

it was an attachment in Black Ops 2 I think for less recoil stat.

Snipers are dominant in this COD because it can one shot kills you at any distance.

Ghazi

Isn't it, like, illegal for employees of a company to participate in competitions by said company?

Kappa

Thanks for breaking my hugeass image post fall with that, Cyren.

Not strictly halo
what else is new
, but I need some FPS feedback. I'm working on a Borderlands-styled "cuecard" weapon identification system that would be toggled for new weapons and/or with a button toggle. It doesn't match Halo's UI aesthetic at all, but I just needed something first-persony to plug it into. The main inspiration was GTAV's car info button, if anything. The scanlines would be animated and the whites a lot sharper.

ibigYCTDSZRG4A.png

iblmKnfD7gpPNj.png

I can do a breakdown of all of the cuecard's little info spots, but I figured I'd save you guys the wall of text unless someone asks for it.

Oh, and is it just me or do some of the new halogaffers look like babby versions of old halogaffers? I'm the lovechild of Tashi and Plywood, and
Speedy is the lovechild of zoojoo and kittens.
Spoiled the second one because you can't unsee it.

IHaveIce

Banned
I like the info about the weapon if it is Hitscan and so on. But wasn't your game planned to be an Arena Shooter? wouldn't that pop up really often and annoy the player sometimes?

Though I have to say I like it in Borderlands, but I also really love the Borderlands games

Juan

RIP to the fallen Halo communities in 2013.

Fragging Rights ? Zola's project? Sad it did not last a year. Why was this project dropped?

And about the Halo Council, I'm sad you didn't take the name back Cyren, HaloCouncil is such a powerful, friendly and respectful name.

Caayn

The USR and the L115 both have this attachment permantly on top of them. Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities.
Soon they will run out of communities to kill off. As long as waypoint remains it will be a shining beacon of hope for us all (halo is dead).
765707.gif

I like the info about the weapon if it is Hitscan and so on. But wasn't your game planned to be an Arena Shooter? wouldn't that pop up really often and annoy the player sometimes?

Though I have to say I like it in Borderlands, but I also really love the Borderlands games

It's based on GTAV's implementation: they're normally invisible, but pressing a button (probably Back or a DPad button) would make the cuecards flip on above whatever weapons were in your draw distance. That's how it would work in Arena (competitive multi), anyway.

The two other big modes that'll probably never be impemented, Multiplayer (a more expansive metroidvania-gone-hub world mode that can feature up to 40 players) and the traditional Campaign would force them on above weapons completely new to you. There are 10 weapon types, with the "vanilla" version of each being used in Arena. Campaign and Multiplayer allow for low-level gun crafting, and as a result that kind of stuff would be more important so you could know if a gun from a dude you just killed was single-shot or fired in bursts, whether or not it had bleedthrough, etc.

Campaign takes this up another level with "overclocked" weapons, which are variations on the weapon types that have stats way higher than conventional, player-modified weapons. "Jailbroken weapons" are only in Campaign and can't be used in either other mode.

CyReN

What happened to the council?

Majority of the staff left and it closed over the summer.

Fragging Rights ? Zola's project? Sad it did not last a year. Why was this project dropped?

And about the Halo Council, I'm sad you didn't take the name back Cyren, HaloCouncil is such a powerful, friendly and respectful name.

Yep, he's working on the Halo: Retrospect [A Halo Documentary] now.

and thanks.

Ghazi

I'm sure 343 has something in place for leaks this time, right guys?!

If someone leaks something I'm sure Frankie will personally drive to their house in his moped, beat them up, and fire them.

Also, what are the chances that barn leak was someone from the "friends and family" beta?

IHaveIce

Banned

If someone leaks something I'm sure Frankie will personally drive to their house in his moped, beat them up, and fire them.

Also, what are the chances that barn leak was someone from the "friends and family" beta?

95%

Mistel

Banned

Maybe he hunts for replacement fingers as well
:p. Are leaks quite common in videogame development?

Does my new avatar look the wrong size to anyone else? On mobile it looks like it's half the size of my other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom