• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Honestly, I still haven't made my console choice. I go back and forth everyday on which console is right for me. Of course both consoles would be ideal, but it's not really possible for me. At the moment I am leaning towards an Xbox One. I like the feel of it over the PS4, and it's got Titanfall and Halo. Yet I still don't know if those franchises are worth $100 and less power.

I just wish 343 would show some Halo shit as that will most definitely influence my choice.

Go with whatever platform has the games you want now and for the immediate future, then buy the other when it has exclusives you want.

PS4

vvv I tried to go back to the 360 controller for my PC awhile back. I can't. The sticks are seriously awful compared to XB1/PS4

Just grabbed a 360 controller, so weird. I think I actually prefer the X1 controller now. Time for Tashi donging.

LRZwzN5.gif

Go with whatever platform has the games you want now and for the immediate future, then buy the other when it has exclusives you want.

PS4

vvv I tried to go back to the 360 controller for my PC awhile back. I can't. The sticks are seriously awful compared to XB1/PS4

The 360 sticks are better than the PS4. On PS4 my thumbs slip. The little lip is basically nothing on the sticks for PS4,its not true concave.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The 360 sticks are better than the PS4. On PS4 my thumbs slip. The little lip is basically nothing on the sticks for PS4,its not true concave.

Difference of opinion I guess. I'm pretty neutral on the texture but the deadzone of the Dualshock 4's sticks is much better than the 360s and feels really tight in FPSes.

Ora

Banned
The sticky bumpers on the DS4 are no bueno. Decent controller otherwise. Touchpad is simple but effective in games like SF.

Ramirez

The loose sticks of the x1 controller is very duke like, thus it is the best controller.

DS4 is better than 3, but the placement of the sticks kills it again for me.

IHaveIce

Banned
I despised the X1 controller at first. Played with the DS4 for a few hours last week. It's way better that the DS3 but eh.

Anyone notice the alarm sound on Lancang Dam is the same/similar to the alarm on PoA?

Don't know if it is the same, I just know it annoys me, it goes waaay too long

Kibbles

Huh. I hated the DS3, loving the DS4. 360 controller was GOAT, XO controller is bleh. Idk I almost only play FPS games and the DS4 to my surprise feels a lot better that XO. By the time Halo 5 comes out I hope there are some great 3rd party controllers.

Speaking of Halo 5, I'm surprised we haven't gotten any magazine articles with the first look yet.

Huh. I hated the DS3, loving the DS4. 360 controller was GOAT, XO controller is bleh. Idk I almost only play FPS games and the DS4 to my surprise feels a lot better that XO. By the time Halo 5 comes out I hope there are some great 3rd party controllers.

Speaking of Halo 5, I'm surprised we haven't gotten any magazine articles with the first look yet.

if 360 controller is goat then you should love the xbox one controller since it's the same just better.

wwm0nkey

It's like Crackdown, Jet Set Radio and 80s 2000AD comics had a three way baby.
Sold.

As for console war talk it all comes down to preference of games and since I am now planning on owning all this gen again whatever has the best games will get the most play time.

Now if XBO or PS4 gets ChromeHounds 2 and Phantom Dust 2 its over for my social life.

I do since the last game where it was decent fun. What did you change as you were asking about no win situations in territories?

I added a "Certain Victory" option so that when capture lock is enabled and it's impossible for the other team to win (Ex: 3 out of 5 territories captured by the same team) the round will automatically end.

mo60

I hope news for that game comes soon because I'm interested in it.There is a good chance I will buy the xbox one when that game comes out.I only own one next gen console right now and that console is the WiiU. I may also eventually get a PS4, but I will not pay for PSN+ since I can not afford to pay for two online services.

m23

Playing Forza 5 with the XB1 controller is amazing, so much feedback that you wouldn't think possible with just a controller. I don't think I can play another racing game without rumble triggers.

Mistel

Banned
I added a "Certain Victory" option so that when capture lock is enabled and it's impossible for the other team to win (Ex: 3 out of 5 territories captured by the same team) the round will automatically end.
Nice it removes the all to frequent unlimited slayer when a team can't win an objective game. It happens so much in CTF, it just sucks really I'm trying to get the flag and randoms just padding their stats with kills.

If 343 catches wind of this, it could be the end of Oddball Swordbase as we know it.

FYC

Banned
Is there someone from 343 who posts in the Something Awful Halo thread?

I hope news for that game comes soon because I'm interested in it.There is a good chance I will buy the xbox one when that game comes out.I only own one next gen console right now and that console is the WiiU. I may also eventually get a PS4, but I will not pay for PSN+ since I can not afford to pay for two online services.

Yeah, probably won't be getting a XBO until Halo 5. I'd buy a cheaper bundle without the Kinect though.

Took me much longer than I anticipated to get used to the X1 sticks, but now I love them.

Still using the 360 controller quite a bit lately because I'm playing through AC4 on there and I despite the sticks on the 360 now. Dead zone feels huge.

The Xbox One sticks are initially too loose for me. Its also a smaller controller so I feel using it to finely aim tires out my hand much quicker. I like the 360 controller but I want to wait til I get some KontrolFreeks on the XBone controllers before I really decide.

The Xbox One sticks are initially too loose for me. Its also a smaller controller so I feel using it to finely aim tires out my hand much quicker. I like the 360 controller but I want to wait til I get some KontrolFreeks on the XBone controllers before I really decide.

Huh? the controller is the same size,not smaller..

ElRenoRaven

Huh? the controller is the same size,not smaller..

Yea. It's a almost the exact same size. Maybe a hair smaller but I don't really notice it. Also I have to say the sticks are weird to me. They feel looser but they also seem more accurate. I really can't explain it. Overall though I do like the controller. It's really hard to pick which is my favorite between it and the Duelshock 4.

gAg CruSh3r

Controllers

XB1>360>PS4>PS3

XB1 controller is king. It was a tad bit different at first but I fell in love with it after getting use to it.

What's your current level of experience as far as programming goes?

A semester of Visual Basic and HTML with a terrible Teacher. beginner with C++ and tinkered with Java a bit.

Nothing to shake a stick at really. its basically me trying to repair the damage that the Teacher unconsciously did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom