• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Great I didn't know that dedi's had been confirmed, search and destroy is giving me speed flag vibes. (That is the right name for the gametype? the one where it was put on you back instead of holding it.)

In 3 they had Team Tactical where you had one life per round. I think they did away with it fairly quick tho.

Shoulda learned from that nobody wants CoD in their Halo.

In 3 they had Team Tactical where you had one life per round. I think they did away with it fairly quick tho.

I enjoyed team tactical :/
Obviously not as much as actual Halo

But Search is pretty much all I play in COD, so that might explain my enjoyment of team tactical

IHaveIce

Banned

I liked it, but to get a real SnD mode, you would also need to get rid of shields and play with damage modifiers and only rifle starts.

One of the best stuff in such a game mode, doesn't matter if it is in Counter Strike, CoD or Battlefield is to know you are very vulnerable, shields are almost too much.

I don't see it working in Halo tbh

Por que no los dos?

0fc.gif

I liked it, but to get a real SnD mode, you would also need to get rid of shields and play with damage modifiers and only rifle starts.

So just like SWAT in Halo 3/Reach/4?

Does the bomb carrier have a waypoint over their head?

Only your team can see it and when the carrier is dead the waypoint changes to try to collect the bomb and plant it, carrier killer get a notification via white text he killed the bomb carrier also they can see the bomb laying on the ground so they properly can defend that zone to prevent someone take the bomb.

if someone plants the bomb a red waypoint appear for the defending team to defuse the bomb and a yellow waypoint for ther attacking team to defend the bomb. The bomb cant be relocated like Halo gameplay, it just stay there until someone pick it up or the round ends.

One of the best stuff in such a game mode, doesn't matter if it is in Counter Strike, CoD or Battlefield is to know you are very vulnerable, shields are almost too much.

I don't see it working in Halo tbh

One of the guys I used to play customs with in Halo 3 had a gametype something like that. No shields, increased damage resistance, BR's only, no ammo or grenades on maps, and neutral bomb. I think each player had two lives IIRC and it was super intense. We played it a lot during the Halo 3 days. I think a proper mode like that on the disc would be great though, like I said earlier, I've always wanted a mode like that to come with the game. Because outside of customs I've never been able to play it.

IHaveIce

Banned
So just like SWAT in Halo 3/Reach/4?
Nah I think SWAT would be too fast, but vvvvvvvvvv this looks good, with increased damage resistance etc.
One of the guys I used to play customs with in Halo 3 had a gametype something like that. No shields, increased damage resistance, BR's only, no ammo or grenades on maps, and neutral bomb. I think each player had two lives IIRC and it was super intense. We played it a lot during the Halo 3 days. I think a proper mode like that on the disc would be great though, like I said earlier, I've always wanted a mode like that to come with the game. Because outside of customs I've never been able to play it.

Would you be able to get that gametype somehow? Would love to play that, sounds like it could work.

Nah I think SWAT would be too fast, but vvvvvvvvvv this looks good, with increased damage resistance etc.

Would you be able to get that gametype somehow? Would love to play that, sounds like it could work.

I can try, the guy doesn't play Xbox much anymore but I'll try to contact him and see if he still has it on his 360.

Nebula

I attempted and SnD esque gametype on Halo 3 with maps modified in forge to have bomb sites and different spawns.

Didn't work very well.

Mistel

Banned
Swat would be too fast especially with the way the flag works, but shieldless flag with no shields but upped damaged resistance would be interesting, maybe with upped movement speed?

TheXbox

Anyone on here tried playing Halo 2 on XBConnect recently? Is it, like, functional? I really want to play, but I'm not sure if it's worth the setup.

IHaveIce

Banned
Swat would be too fast especially with the way the flag works, but shieldless flag with no shields but upped damaged resistance would be interesting, maybe with upped movement speed?
Indeed, and of course no motion tracker.
Anyone on here tried playing Halo 2 on XBConnect recently? Is it, like, functional? I really want to play, but I'm not sure if it's worth the setup.

Man I wish I could do that, but when I tried I an't get a single match that is playable, sucks to be an European

Mistel

Banned
Indeed, and of course no motion tracker.
Excellent, make it no flag markers as well it would be amazing.

People donated enough to the person running it so he/she could afford running it longer.
They received donations of €517,48 (not sure if that comma denotes decimal place or it is really that much money). I've made the mistake of playing halo 4 past the numerous blackscreens and host changes, it's a complete dong fest everybody sucks in match making :(.

Nebula

Excellent, make it no flag markers as well it would be amazing.

They received donations of €517,48 (not sure if that comma denotes decimal place or it is really that much money). I've made the mistake of playing halo 4 past the numerous blackscreens and host changes, it's a complete dong fest everybody sucks in match making :(

But 343 scared away all the mexican hosts!

Halo 4 is really bad though. Not touched it for a while now. I'd suggest hiding it from yourself.

FYC

Banned
bleh nvm

Holiday work has finally stopped so I got to actually try KillZone Shadow Fall SP....its pretty awesome and very open levels which I like a lot.

I hear it gets poopy around the halfway point, but I still wanna try my brothers copy

Kinda blows I need + for the multiplayer. Oh well

wwm0nkey

Holiday work has finally stopped so I got to actually try KillZone Shadow Fall SP....its pretty awesome and very open levels which I like a lot.

Mistel

Banned
But 343 scared away all the mexican hosts!

Halo 4 is really bad though. Not touched it for a while now. I'd suggest hiding it from yourself.
I'm just lucky my limited edition was a gift and I spent nothing on it, apart from that champions bundle. Even when I'm multitasking 4 my lowest K/D was 2 roughly.

This seems like the most likely outcome, for such a thing this is.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I got my holiday card/package from 343. It came with some downloadable goodies! The card is awesome.

BdA0CvbIUAECXnl.jpg

Here are some avatar codes if anyone wants them. Quote the post to see them.

In a bit I'll have an XB1 download for Spartan Assault.

edit: All used up now.

I got my holiday card/package from 343. It came with some downloadable goodies! The card is awesome.

BdA0CvbIUAECXnl.jpg

So jealous of you man, I remember someone got a toon Palmer card.

Edit: Thanks for the female Palmer armor.

FYC

Banned

BdA0CvbIUAECXnl.jpg

Thanks! Grabbed Male Palmer, someone already took Male Chief.

TheXbox

So everyone, what is the main difference between what you want and what you expect for Halo 5?
I want a game that reaches the heights of Halo: CE, 2, and 3. A campaign that amazes me, a multiplayer suite that keeps me coming back.

I expect a sequel to Halo 4.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh, damn, I really want SA XB1.

Want: 90% of the focus on 4v4 maps, gameplay, settings.

Expecting: Maybe 35%

90% would be too much though. 75% would be enough.

But yeah I want a game that reminds me of Halo 2 days of matchmaking galore or CE lans.

I will get a Halo 4 sequel

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok I have the XB1 Spartan Assault code. I'm just thinking of the best method to give it away.

Gui_PT

Played a few matches

Last match of Ricochet. Got the ball and decided to have fun.
The enemy team would just continuously spawn in their based so I ran around with the ball while Xand shot the rest of the guys.

At one point, two of them just switched to camo and tried to crouch away as soon as they spawned.

Wra5wT4.png

They didn't quit though. Dat Halo honor.

Also nice spawns 343

Nebula

Played a few matches

Last match of Ricochet. Got the ball and decided to have fun.
The enemy team would just continuously spawn in their based so I ran around with the ball while Xand shot the rest of the guys.

At one point, two of them just switched to camo and tried to crouch away as soon as they spawned.

Wra5wT4.png

They didn't quit though. Dat Halo honor.

Also nice spawns 343

As a BTB player, objective holding brings back nothing but bad memories.

Mistel

Banned
For halo 5 I would like something with the anniversary art style, decent base gameplay, no stupid sand box decisions and decent vehicular combat.

What we will get is more Palmer, infinity 2.0 (where's that xzbit ordinance pic when you need it), fan fiction level love story and writing, over sexualized Cortana and eggheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom