• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
A semester of Visual Basic and HTML with a terrible Teacher. beginner with C++ and tinkered with Java a bit.

Nothing to shake a stick at really. its basically me trying to repair the damage that the Teacher unconsciously did.

Try and make sure you make a conscious effort to make your code clear and concise, since you basically had no teacher to tell you that. Comments are your friend, just don't overdo them.

If you're looking for suggestions on other languages, that would depend on your goal. For now, C++ is a good starting block, for its historical usage if nothing else. For some of the advanced topics, a good working knowledge of computer architecture is definitely a plus, if not necessary.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome :)

EDIT: somewhat related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY soooooo true. Now add to that syncing this time with encrypted GPS signals. 2 weeks of my life never coming back.

Try and make sure you make a conscious effort to make your code clear and concise, since you basically had no teacher to tell you that. Comments are your friend, just don't overdo them.

If you're looking for suggestions on other languages, that would depend on your goal. For now, C++ is a good starting block, for its historical usage if nothing else. For some of the advanced topics, a good working knowledge of computer architecture is definitely a plus, if not necessary.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome :)

EDIT: somewhat related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY soooooo true. Now add to that syncing this time with encrypted GPS signals. 2 weeks of my life never coming back.

FUCK Leap seconds, like seriously.

TheOddOne

You guys are all shills to me.

Except Juices, and maybe Ply―OH GOD, HE AND SAI-KUN WOULD MAKE BEAUTIFUL BABIES―wood.

Omni

Guys, I only have two episodes of Breaking Bad left to watch... Somebody hold me.

I only started watching Breaking Bad this week. Already seen season 1 and loved it. Going down to the store tomorrow to buy seasons 2 and 3.

TheOddOne

em eye uh shell?
duck.gif

i can confirm that we'd make beautiful children

iUPgrrknxcOyN.gif

Gui_PT

Funny how COD have a plenty of show the enemy in radar via bombs,perks and killstreaks yet you can use a single perk to negate those effects.

It's ok, I just realized there's a Halo Portugal too

Last blog post was in 2007 and its facebook page has an astonishing 12 likes

Nebula

Buy a HaloGaf brand, right now!
Various flavors to choose from:
"BugsBunny"
"Forward Unto Dong"
"#HGS"
"GSO Speedy"

You'll be so much satisfied it'll put you on a wheelchair!

I read all of these and could hear the HaloGAF radio opening voice in my head.

gAg CruSh3r

offtopic stuff

It as a long time when that happened so, to promote sexual health campaign in mexico some companies gave some condoms and tampons to people living rural areas. they forgot to inform to those people that those things can be used once so when they returned to see the results they saw people washing the condoms and hang them up like it were clothes

Sorry, it's just out of habit. I didn't see a message from you though. Hmmmmm.

I sent a message to Yourexwife since I dont have you added, need Diamond membership to add Tashi.

It's ok, I just realized there's a Halo Portugal too

Last blog post was in 2007 and its facebook page has an astonishing 12 likes

Its sad to see mexican Halo comunities dying because mexico was one of the countries that really had a big halo fanbase and when a mexican is fan of something its really hard to lose that excitement for that thing. MS and maybe 343i decisions really screwep up the fanbase here.

OT but for anyone who has played the cod search and destroy gamemode, can the player who has the bomb drop it whenever they want? can they shoot when they're carrying it?

OT but for anyone who has played the cod search and destroy gamemode, can the player who has the bomb drop it whenever they want? can they shoot when they're carrying it?

You cant drop it because you are not actually carry anything in your hands. Only when they killed you, you drop the bomb.

In CTF the flag automatically put in your back so you can move freely.

You cant drop it because you are not actually carry anything in your hands. Only when they killed you, you drop the bomb.

K, once a player plants a bomb is it possible for the other team to disable it? if it's disabled does the bomb resets or it stays on the bomb site?

Are there any single shot weapons in Halo that reload after the trigger press, and not when the projectile dissipates? iirc the Grenade Launcher, Sticky Det, and Laser all require the projectile to explode (instantaneously in the Laser case).

The only "vanilla" single shot I can think of is the Incineration Cannon, maybe?

I'd prefer the redhead in the GIF personally.

Hosts should be improved In five when four lags it's awful especially with the low population . Halo 5 needs dedicated servers it limits the variables, that host quality brings to the game.
I think you'll get your wish in that regard.

The other team can disable it. If they do, the round ends, and the team that disarmed wins

K, once a player plants a bomb is it possible for the other team to disable it? if it's disabled does the bomb resets or it stays on the bomb site?

Yup

two ways of win

Defending
Kill all enemies or defuse the bomb.

Attacking
Kill all enemies or destroy the intel by planting the bomb.

In COD Ghost they added dogtags to revive a downed ally where they were killed spawning him in a random safe place around the initial spawn point but if the enemy capture the dogtags your ally cannot be revived.

Nebula

I'd prefer the redhead in the GIF personally.

Hosts should be improved In five when four lags it's awful especially with the low population . Halo 5 needs dedicated servers it limits the variables, that host quality brings to the game.

Got good news for ya. Dedis have been confirmed.

Also red heads are the best.

The other team can disable it. If they do, the round ends, and the team that disarmed wins

No dropping the bomb.

Shooting is possible

Yup

two ways of win

Defending

Attacking

In COD Ghost they added dogtags to revive a downed ally where they were killed spawning him in a random safe place around the initial spawn point but if the enemy capture the dogtags your ally cannot be revived.

Gracias

Yup

two ways of win

Defending

Attacking

Ghost made the gametype less risk v reward with the dogtags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom