• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OK here's how I'm going to do the contest. If you have an XB1, and do not have Spartan Assault send me a PM. I'll enter the names into an RNG and announce the winner in 2 hours. So, you have 2 hours to send me a PM.

Good luck!

Nebula

For halo 5 I would like something with the anniversary art style, decent base gameplay, no stupid sand box decisions and decent vehicular combat.

The goose in Halo 4 was the best it's ever been though. It could splatter very consistently at most speeds and launched decently. The only issue was that the passengers aim was locked to the mongoose and not free aim like in Halo 3. Oh I also forgot that it could splatter in reverse without an issue.

The rest was a bit poop if I'm honest. Still didn't stop guys like Splatter Mac from trying though.

I'll give you that bit of positive feedback 343.

I got my holiday card/package from 343. It came with some downloadable goodies! The card is awesome.

BdA0CvbIUAECXnl.jpg

Here are some avatar codes if anyone wants them. Quote the post to see them.

In a bit I'll have an XB1 download for Spartan Assault.

Damn all gone. :(

So everyone, what is the main difference between what you want and what you expect for Halo 5?

I want it to be essentially Halo 2 HD.

I'm expecting it to probably be like less crappy Halo: Reach with better gunplay, dedis, slightly less shitty AA's and 60fps. Which isn't bad, i guess, just not as good as what it could be.

Nebula

So everyone, what is the main difference between what you want and what you expect for Halo 5?

I would like a system where spartans aren't a one man army when it comes to taking on a vehicle. No bullshit plasma pistoling or sicky nade spam from spawn. Personal Ordnance is also a problem on that front. Snipers need toning down damage wise when used on vehicles as well.

Basically a decent driver should be able to survive longer than 1 minute without needing countless miracles to occur.

Expectation: A natural progression from Reach and Halo 3 gameplay, a complete overhaul of loadouts and AA

What we will get: Halo 4.5 with weight system, battlefield classes loadouts with a mix of support killstreaks.

Mistel

Banned
The goose in Halo 4 was the best it's ever been though. It could splatter very consistently at most speeds and launched decently. The only issue was that the passengers aim was locked to the mongoose and not free aim like in Halo 3. Oh I also forgot that it could splatter in reverse without an issue.

The rest was a bit poop if I'm honest. Still didn't stop guys like Splatter Mac from trying though.

I'll give you that bit of positive feedback 343.
I'm never really using the mongoose to splatter people(aren't you one of the people with the highest mongoose kills?), the lack of free aim as a passenger sucked in rocket race on four.

To expand on concepts that where dropped the falcon and the hornet should return as well, or a combination of the pair. No more banshee bombs would be great as well removing the issues it has. I wouldn't mind not dying as soon as I get in any vehicle as well pp and stickies on spawn awful idea.

As for objective games
What you want in an objective game
What you get.

I can't be the only one who thought halo 4 Cortana was over sexualized?

Want: No sprint, no armor abilities, no perks, no ordnance drops, 1-50 ranks, large skill gap

Expecting: Sprint, more armor abilities, more perks, vehicle ordnance drops, XP leveling system, small skill gap

lol

OK here's how I'm going to do the contest. If you have an XB1, and do not have Spartan Assault send me a PM. I'll enter the names into an RNG and announce the winner in 2 hours. So, you have 2 hours to send me a PM.

Good luck!

I sent a PM, but I have zero luck with giveaways. Good luck everybody

Nebula

I'm never really using the mongoose to splatter people (aren't you one of the people with the highest mongoose kills?), the lack of free aim as a passenger sucked in rocket race on four.

To expand on concepts that where dropped the falcon and the hornet should return as well, or a combination of the pair. No more banshee bombs would be great as well removing the issues it has. I wouldn't mind not dying as soon as I get in any vehicle as well pp and stickies on spawn awful idea.

As for objective games

What you want in an objective game

What you get.

I can't be the only one who thought halo 4 Cortana was over sexualized?

I think that title belongs to an old gooser known as analbumcover. I have a quite large number though. Probably in top 20 overall. We had some dedicated folk back in the Halo 3 days. Here's the gap between me and him on Halo 4 alone.

Me:
75JwWUk.png

An Album Cover
UbZ28Pg.png

I'd love to see all the vehicles return to Halo for Halo 5. The Chopper needs to come back!

It's more the relationship with Chief that bothers most people, but yeah she was made to look more sexually appealing. It's the most human she's looked at least.

Want: No sprint, no armor abilities, no perks, no ordnance drops, 1-50 ranks, large skill gap

Expecting: Sprint, more armor abilities, more perks, vehicle ordnance drops, XP leveling system, small skill gap

lol

I sent a PM, but I have zero luck with giveaways lol

I agree with the want. For multiplayer that is a good start. Dont forget other things like a better campaign being needed.I think chief should not talk much and more varied missions. Also the designs need to be better and more inspired. The entire covenant looked generic in H4, they need to look better than that. The older models looked better with the black suit and armor on them. I think chief himself should look more like the older chief. Not enough armor on his chest in H4 and the shoulders looked like they float.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

lol

I sent a PM, but I have zero luck with giveaways. Good luck everybody

I didn't get it.

edit: I'm also not expecting really any of those things you're expecting. Besides maybe Sprint.

Mistel

Banned
I'd love to see all the vehicles return to Halo for Halo 5. The Chopper needs to come back!

It's more the relationship with Chief that bothers most people, but yeah she was made to look more sexually appealing. It's the most human she's looked at least.

The chopper should make a return couldn't they go through wraith's? Make it sound a bit more aggressive then that's all it needs for halo 5 multiplayer.

Awkward touching (no inappropriate touching from brutes with iwhbyd in halo 3 always pops into my head) was one of the gripes I had, the whole sub plot could have been done so much better it came off as just weird. It seemed forced not natural at all in the dialogue for them both.

Fuchsdh

I feel like the features are there, but they are too deeply and awkwardly buried to be as relevant. So yeah, I really hope it gets a major overhaul.

Pretty much. There's all the features I want (aside from hoping we get more powerful and user-friendly content sharing systems in the next game) but it's a bit hard to get to in places and really hard in a few more.

Feels like Halo.xbox.com was at its best in the beginning, shortly before someone decided the entire thing had to be generated in Silverlight. It's improved, but a lot of the changes have been sideways since then.

HTupolev

Anyone else hoping a redesign of the site by the new game too? It doesn't seem as feature rich as Bungies and it just looks rudimentary.
Waypoint? Are there any people who don't want a redesign?

It's doing a lot of stuff that it shouldn't be doing, and most of what it should be doing is buried under a gigantic pile of crap. It's the Halo 4 of websites.

The chopper and falcon need to return, it's fucking hysterical these two are gone and the only new vehicle we got in H4 was that overpowered metal gear thing :(

Cow

What I want: weapons on map to return and custom load outs to disappear. Ordnance system (personal and global) gone. Return of a less random, and more balanced Halo. I want 343 to differentiate Halo further from the rest of the FPS market.

What I expect: Global and personal ordnance expanded. More customisable load outs (I'm expecting 343 to not hold back this time). Overall I feel like Halo 5 will be a much bolder experience than Halo 4 in that 343 will go all out with features and push Halo further away from what it used to be. Unfortunately.

Madness

I liked the simplicity of Bungie.net, no need to sign in, could quickly see stats, game history, ranks etc.

I don't think I've used the Waypoint site once to view stats, I think it requires you to sign in? Plus, the app I only ever used for entering those XP codes and deleted it soon after as well.

I think 343 should scrap 'waypoint', overhaul their 343 site and basically make it Bungie 2.0 in a sense. Did the Waypoint name ever catch on besides being used for derision calling them Waypoint kids?

Pretty sure this was Ghaleons gif... but yeah, Brute Chopper <3

chopboardsmall.gif

Seriously, it was the best damned vehicle.

It's like they have been taking everything FUN in Halo, and throwing it in a ditch................
  • CE weapons
  • Halo 2 maps and objectives
  • Halo 3 Chopper/vehicle play
  • ODST Firefight
  • Reach Grenade Launcher and Falcon
What. The. Hell. These are DESIGN choices of them removing this shit.. Choices that should've been made from before development starts to make sure they make it into the game. 3+ years to get the FUN shit working in Halo's sandbox yet we're all still here with our thumbs up our asses hoping for the next game to be unquestionably better than the last.

The chopper and falcon need to return, it's fucking hysterical these two are gone and the only new vehicle we got in H4 was that overpowered metal gear thing :(

I'm an awful, awful person to go to for vehicle suggestions after GTAV's spoiled me, but I have to say my ideal vehicle sandbox would be something like:

Mongoose
Warthog
Rail Hog (replaces gauss hog, works like a railgun with increased blast radius)
Mantis
Falcon
Scorpion

Ghost
Spectre-Revenant hybrid. Spectre's design and silhouette, only one "sidecar" akin to the Revenant, no driver weapon, turret is a bluish-white space flamethrower. Revenant's handling but Spectre's ability to scale walls.
Halo 3 Banshee
Wraith
Wildcard, needler-based vehicle?

Sylph (Promethean scouting vehicle based on the Skiff)
4_forerunner_skiff.jpg

Encoder (Promethean chopper)
Stratos (tripod, tank-strength mech based on the Strato-Sentinel)
Strato-Sentinel_(3).JPG

Stratosentinel.jpg

A mainline game making use of the Locust would also be awesome, but I don't see it happening.

m23

Good luck!

I entered, with my luck though I probably won't win.

Also I have a $5 coupon code for Best Buy online if anyone wants it. It's expiring on Jan 12 and I'm not going to be using it. I'm not sure if it can be used outside of Canada though. PM me if you want it.

yea that mech does not look like it belongs in the Halo universe,i hope it does not return. If anything they should have made forerunner vehicles.

Mistel

Banned
It's like they have been taking everything FUN in Halo, and throwing it in a ditch................
  • CE weapons
  • Halo 2 maps and objectives
  • Halo 3 Chopper/vehicle play
  • ODST Firefight
  • Reach Grenade Launcher and Falcon
What. The. Hell. These are DESIGN choices of them removing this shit.. Choices that should've been made from before development starts to make sure they make it into the game. 3+ years to get the FUN shit working in Halo's sandbox yet we're all still here with our thumbs up our asses hoping for the next game to be unquestionably better than the last.
Why strip out enjoyable features from a franchise? One thing halo has never done is consistently improve across the franchise. I'm still interested in what they scrapped before making 4 didn't they say it was like classic halo?

I think 343 should scrap 'waypoint', overhaul their 343 site and basically make it Bungie 2.0 in a sense. Did the Waypoint name ever catch on besides being used for derision calling them Waypoint kids?
Scrapping it should happen just because its designed on silverlight. It is a slow bloated mess of a site with an inexcusable bad layout.

Cow

Why strip out enjoyable features from a franchise? One thing halo has never done is consistently improve across the franchise. I'm still interested in what they scrapped before making 4 didn't they say it was like classic halo?

This is one thing I really want to see. Reading that they had a classic experience in the pipeline was heart breaking after all the grief Halo 4 caused me.

"Oh, people really loved this thing? Well.. let's remove it and give some reason fans will gobble up!"

Frankie: "Grenade Launcher was rarely used so we removed it." lol.. What the hell kind of "stats" are they looking at? Bungie used to do the sameeeee shit... Justify boneheaded decisions by using "data" - I'd rather them just not say anything than make up crazy excuses like that. I'm sure that's one of the reasons we're not behind the scenes during the development process, because devs/publishers are so damn controlling. How about just being open and not lying? Not to call you out Stinkles, but you know that's some crap. Then what you said about Red X's being gone not being a big deal because we can see when our teammates' names disappear..

No.

Hey Microsoft, you guys messed up big time with that 14 day play for free map pack and now look how no one respects you. Yet I'm probably going to be depicted as the bad guy for pointing this out on a "smaller" scale when it's terrible communication skills and avoidance of FUN that have been killing this franchise for years. I would love to learn more about Bungie's relationship with Microsoft over those years and see what was really going on.

It's a new year, so let's start over. Halo 5 will hopefully be the best Halo since the original Xbox.

Mistel

Banned
"Oh, people really loved this thing? Well.. let's remove it and give some reason fans will gobble up!"

Frankie: "Grenade Launcher was rarely used so we removed it." lol.. What the hell kind of "stats" are they looking at? Bungie used to do the sameeeee shit... Justify boneheaded decisions by using "data" - I'd rather them just not say anything than make up crazy excuses like that. I'm sure that's one of the reasons we're not behind the scenes during the development process, because devs/publishers are so damn controlling. How about just being open and not lying? Not to call you out Stinkles, but you know that's some crap. Then what you said about Red X's being gone not being a big deal because we can see when our teammates' names disappear..

No.

Hey Microsoft, you guys messed up big time with that 14 day play for free map pack and now look how no one respects you. Yet I'm probably going to be depicted as the bad guy for pointing this out on a "smaller" scale when it's terrible communication skills and avoidance of FUN that have been killing this franchise for years. I would love to learn more about Bungie's relationship with Microsoft over those years and see what was really going on.

It's a new year, so let's start over. Halo 5 will hopefully be the best Halo since the original Xbox.
I miss the needle rifle and all the fun weapons that where introduced in reach, halo 4 was a step back in many respects even the simple things like red X's and the secondary not displayed on the HUD. Why remove stuff that was helpful to the player it is counterintuitive.

This is one thing I really want to see. Reading that they had a classic experience in the pipeline was heart breaking after all the grief Halo 4 caused me.
That 343 gif with the arms that was posted around the time would be helpful now, it was such a kick in the teeth "we made halo then thought nah they would rather have an unoriginal mess for multiplayer" was what it said to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom