• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are one hell of a daft motherfucker.

Your mother's next, punk.

Nonsense that could've been fixed with some better placement and more focus in design/combat flow.

"Why aren't we more involved in the dev process?" Because of people that are acting like you are right now. You claim to know the secret formula to fun, while insulting the devs, claiming that they don't know what fun is. I was the same way for a while, but I've noticed that placing criticism and specifying where the fun isn't happening allows the devs to be more creative in what they do next. At the same time giving a concept of enjoyment, such as equal starts or player feedback, allows the devs to analyze and see what should be kept.

So let's disregard the years of fans being disregarded for no apparent reason other than the crazy excuses and obvious lies they (Bungie/343) have come up with? What else do we have to go on other than what we see and hear?? Blind faith?

-things that I don't want-

Why do some of you keep mentioning that about CE? I don't want a remade CE with the same old engine.. that would obviously be a mistake.

When players are dying and they don't feel like they even have a chance, they will turn the game off and do something else. The CE Pistol doesn't give them much of a chance to do just a little bit better, versus Halo 4 where it didn't give players any challenge. (I'll also clarify this, I wouldn't include the other utility weapons in a game where I have the CE Pistol as a utility weapon. I'm also not saying balance around the BK, but balance around the average player.) "But the bad players will learn understand this naturally from experience." Not everyone plays for the same reasons as you. I can tell you that I don't play to become the #1 super mega awesome Halo player. Anymore, I play to relax a bit in my downtime. If I'm not entertained by a seemingly unfair game, I turn it off.

You're judging me as if I'm this super competitive guy who wants to shit on bad kids all day.. "Balance around the average player," but isn't that what most people here are saying is a bad idea because you limit a game's depth? Also, who the hell was complaining about this shit from 2001-2004?

No one. People were enjoying the shit out of that game and the next should've built from the foundation that those weapons built.

5) Even if you were to bring back the entirety of CE's multiplayer to Live without any major network repercussions, people will still flock to the new title. Just look at Call of Duty. They don't change much in the multiplayer between iterations, but yet the populations after a new release always drop a good percentage. Even better, look at the population from Halo 2 to Halo 3. Halo 2 shrunk, even though the two were arguably the most similar iterations to each other.

Again, there were a shit ton of improvements made after CE and many areas of CE that I personally disliked (Rocket abuse, as I pointed out in my thread). How about you stop putting words in my mouth and depicting me in this image of some super tryhard when I don't even play Halo like that most of the time.. I drive the Warthog like a CHAMPION, thank you.
Yeah so what I go from typing serious posts to acting childish.. Get over it or ignore me.

Anything else?

EDIT: I should also point out how I don't aggressively insult any of you guys like some of you do to others around here. How about you grow up kiddo B]

By rounding up facts and figures and laying them out in a manner where anyone could understand?

Your retort included replying to zero of his points and saying 'whatever, it should be in the game.'

What facts? The Grenade Launcher was too difficult to use so no one used it? That could easily be fixed by having it be the focus on some maps, and maybe a little tutorial in the game on each weapon's unique roles.

Look, I think Karl is an idiot but c'mon funk.

Feels like that OddOne situation..

Booties

Banned
I love the pro pipe, and I was sad to see it leave, but this game is all about rocks and blainer. Hard for a newcomer to find it's place in that. Oh, and don't forget sprint-melee.

DLC in Halo?

bcKTXOk.gif

DeadNames

Banned
Oh god, I totally forgot that map existed. It was actually a nice GL map though, lots of walls nicely placed to bounce grenades around corners. Terrible otherwise though.

not even gonna lie, i really liked the cage. jetpack just made it a shitter.

people just thought the nade launcher sucked because of how easy the rockets were to use

not even gonna lie, i really liked the cage. jetpack just made it a shitter.

people just thought the nade launcher sucked because of how easy the rockets were to use

I think the 'nade Launcher could've had a larger blast radius, especially when comparing it to the Rocket. Maybe that's another reason people didn't use it too much; it required some finesse.

Either way, I'd like for it to return but combining the traits of the Sticky Detonator:
  • Hold RT for Grenade Launcher traits
  • Press RT for Sticky Detonator traits (press again to detonate)

Madness

I liked the grenade launcher, required more skill than others and had that great EMP ability. If I check Bungie.net for Halo Reach, I used it to get kills almost as much as needler, but FAR more than I used concussion rifle, plasma launcher, spartan laser, fuel rod gun, focus rifle.

I didn't play Reach too much, with a lot of play declining after Bungie Day 2011. I only remember it on powerhouse, boneyard, spire, swordbase and some forge BTB maps.

Duji

A couple of things.
The grenade launcher...
The grenade launcher is often used as a shield dropper so I'm not sure how revealing that data is. What Tashi said. Having said that I don't doubt that the GL wasn't often used and it probably has more to do with map placement than with the weapon itself being poorly designed or ineffective.

1) CE was entirely LAN based with lockstep networking. CEA is internet based with lockstep. Have you played CEA co-op with even average ping? It's terrible. This leaves you with projectiles or hitscan.

2) Projectiles brings about much more inherent lag. Halo 3 used projectiles and it had an insane amount of bloodshots to go along with all of the other networking issues. It might work in 20 years when the infrastructure is better.
A common straw man I see on this forum is people assuming that the "CE purist crowd" simply wants the old CE brought back with little to no change aside from maybe graphics. Let's be fair to them and put that one to rest, especially since people like UNKNOWN and BigShow have repeatedly said they don't want a copy-and-paste game. The CE engine is outdated as hell and anyone who wants that back is insane. And for the record I also think the main utility weapon in the game should not be projectile based.

3) Hitscan worked oh so well with the Reach DMR in BTB. Funny enough, the Reach DMR was weaker than the CE Pistol and it had bloom, but yet the DMR was devastating. Was it the 3x bloom? Not really because now the BR has the same issue in BTB, but it's just a tad bit more inaccurate because of the spread. Now you're all out of networking options, so I guess it's back to only LAN. In 2014.
You act as if networking options, zoom, bloom, and spread are the only ways to limit a weapon's effectiveness. I don't know how you can forget things like aim assist/bullet magnetism, hitbox size, movement factors, and last but not least map design.

4) Assuming you had some magical way of solving the networking issues, you still have to realize that Halo's initial MP design principles largely rely on the ability to fight back. Now the CE pistol rarely gets the 3sk, but it has a higher firing rate than the other utility weapons. What does this mean? It means that even with missed shots, it still has the potential to kill faster than other utility weapons. And more importantly, it was much easier to get a kill off before the other player has fully realized what has happened.

Now, I know your response to that already, "Get some players that aren't shit in there..." Well guess what. There are shitty players on Xbox Live. That's a fact of life. You can either turn them away faster or you can give them a chance. Even Jaime Griesemer says that "the designer wants to keep the player in a constant state of challenge, where if you're not succeeding you know that next time if you do it a little bit better you'll prevail." When players are dying and they don't feel like they even have a chance, they will turn the game off and do something else. The CE Pistol doesn't give them much of a chance to do just a little bit better, versus Halo 4 where it didn't give players any challenge. (I'll also clarify this, I wouldn't include the other utility weapons in a game where I have the CE Pistol as a utility weapon. I'm also not saying balance around the BK, but balance around the average player.) "But the bad players will learn understand this naturally from experience." Not everyone plays for the same reasons as you. I can tell you that I don't play to become the #1 super mega awesome Halo player. Anymore, I play to relax a bit in my downtime. If I'm not entertained by a seemingly unfair game, I turn it off.

It really bothers me when a multiplayer game is criticized for having too big of a skill gap. It's a joke, actually. The frustration surrounding players getting utterly destroyed should be aimed towards the game's matchmaking systems, not the game itself. StarCraft II, a game with a way bigger skill gap than CE, balances the game around the very best players but the game is fun for everyone because the ranking system works. The same can be said about Dota 2 and LoL. Trying to find the average player to balance the game around is what got us into this mess in the first place. You need skilled players to test the game as well. Reading that Reach beta interview was extremely revealing. It showed us how the people testing Reach were pretty bad at the game and it took an 'Armor Locking prodigy' (lol) in the studio to show them that AL was OP as fuck. AL may have been a lot worse were it not for that one tester. The reason a high skill gap game like CE gives people an impression of being unfriendly to unskilled players is because *surprise* there were no fucking matchmaking systems in the first place. Thankfully there is some hope to be had with H5. Not only do we have one of the most skilled Halo 3 players of all time testing the game -- we also have one of the designers of SC2's ranking system. Neighbor and Josh Menke respectively. Here's to hoping H5 doesn't suck.

edit: And UNKNOWN, the whole "removing fun" thing did sound very childish. You can phrase your thoughts better than that.

TheOddOne

Karl's whole paragraph trying to disregard CE because he thinks fans of it want it in its old netcode back is a joke.
This was tucked under his post with the [mail] brackets:
Here's what I'm taking from this: Karl hates CE! Nope. I love the hell out of the game. I'm just smart enough to look beyond the positives and see what made CE flawed. Each Halo game has its issues and each Halo game has its strengths. I believe that there is a middle ground to be found, and that the solution isn't to redo one that worked or the one that is my favorite.
He makes a lot of sense.

IHaveIce

Banned
This was tucked under his post with the [mail] brackets:

He makes a lot of sense.
Yeah I agree with that though I never saw someone saying we need completely bring everything back, when I hear let's go back to CE style I think of the gameplay and Sandbox.

I don't want the engine of it back, don't want the netcode, don't want some glitches bacl, don't want undestroyable vehicles back.

And of course we can't reskin any halo game because all of them have their flaws.

I like Karl and know what he's getting at and I believe Duji and co can express it better than me, but he forgets important points(like Duji said Aim assist and co)
I also don't get his comparision between Reach's DMR and 4's BR, exactly both weapons are too strong because of aim assist over distance, not because of their zoom or anything or netcode. Also maps are a big point why a weapon is bad in its game.

And on the grenade launcher I have to agree it went because it was underused, but like already said it was on only a few maps. Only MLG pushed it well.

I may have misinterpreted some stuff since my English isn't that well, forgive me if this is the case

TheOddOne

I may have misinterpreted some stuff since my English isn't that well, forgive me if this is the case
Both Karl and Duji make excellent and valid points. The thing with Karl’s post is that it does not nullify the opinions for the return of the pistol, but puts a harsh spotlight on glaring issues that have to be taken into account when discussing that specific subject. If you want to be taken seriously you have to look at both sides of the issue—if you only look in one direction, arguments become almost comical or even borderline irrational.

BigShow and Duji are one the few posters that gets that aspect when discussing the CE pistol, so their arguments feel much more rational, grounded and thought out. They make solid arguments, which do not feel like they are too full of themselves or try to drown out criticisms.

This is wonderful:
It really bothers me when a multiplayer game is criticized for having too big of a skill gap. It's a joke, actually. The frustration surrounding players getting utterly destroyed should be aimed towards the game's matchmaking systems, not the game itself. StarCraft II, a game with a way bigger skill gap than CE, balances the game around the very best players but the game is fun for everyone because the ranking system works. The same can be said about Dota 2 and LoL. Trying to find the average player to balance the game around is what got us into this mess in the first place. You need skilled players to test the game as well. Reading that Reach beta interview was extremely revealing. It showed us how the people testing Reach were pretty bad at the game and it took an 'Armor Locking prodigy' (lol) in the studio to show them that AL was OP as fuck. AL may have been a lot worse were it not for that one tester. The reason a high skill gap game like CE gives people an impression of being unfriendly to unskilled players is because *surprise* there were no fucking matchmaking systems in the first place. Thankfully there is some hope to be had with H5. Not only do we have one of the most skilled Halo 3 players of all time testing the game -- we also have one of the designers of SC2's ranking system. Neighbor and Josh Menke respectively. Here's to hoping H5 doesn't suck.
This is nothing:
Nice try Karl, but bottom line is this:

Grenade Launcher should've been in Halo 4. And your comments about CE, I've said many times a remake using the same engine would be a mistake. All I'm proposing is for is a return of those weapons and their functionality.
Italics.

Break out all the hgs followers you want, still can't stop this train!
Basically said: La, la, la, I am not hearing any of that.

Two things:

1) The Grenade Launcher wasn't removed because it was objectively underused. It was removed because it didn't make Halo more accessible and it didn't help new players find success and was thus supplanted by the comparatively nuance-less Sticky Detonator.

2) By what metric was it underused? Kills? Its capacity to EMP vehicles formed a central part of its function; in that sense it is largely a support weapon, one which lays the ground work for other weapons (commonly a Plasma Grenade) to reap the glory of the all important Waypoint kill stat. By this rationale should the Plasma Pistol be retired because it doesn't chart highly in the fragging scoreboard? Or should we make that a weapon we can spawn with(!)? How about the needler? The frickin Concussion Rifle made it through, a weapon which from my own empirical experience didn't proportionally account for many kills amongst the playerbase, if for no other reason than its low ammo count. Yet it is drearily straightforward to grasp its firing nature - shoot bomb in straight line, blow up bad guy - and so is present in Halo 4 (hilariously featuring in the final kill to decide a two hundred odd grand competition).

And as others have noted, it hardly featured on Reach's map set. When it did appear, it was often placed in obscure or especially dangerous locations which skewed the risk/reward balance for the weapon. I've heard the callout for its position on Powerhouse referred to as 'the rape shower' (enclosed box with only one entry combined with Reach's nuclear grenades and low jump height). Highlands was one of the first maps we got in the post-Bungie 343 age. They saw fit to gift players old favourites like the Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle at the opening spawn location in the base (lol at incentivising map movement). They placed a shotgun at each teleporter to accomodate brainless crouch loitering, reducing the distance to zero between the power weapon and its optimum position of use. The middle of the map was a wasteland, players who dared to tread there eviscerated by the savvy folks on its elevated periphery prescribing a quick death with the games 3x scope, hitscan DMR. Where did 343/CA place the Grenade Launcher? Dead centre of the bowl of death, hidden under a wreck. Objectively underused indeed.

Mistel

Banned
Where did 343/CA place the Grenade Launcher? Dead centre of the bowl of death, hidden under a wreck. Objectively underused indeed.

Abridged was the only BTB map where it was decently placed, originally in the tunnel it meant that you could pick it up without dying. There is probably one on that half of boneyard that was never used because no one looked over there to get it.

Nebula

All this over the damn Grenade launcher. I guarantee it was removed because of the skill curve that came with it. Want proof?

The Sticky Detonator took its place.

Mistel

Banned
All this over the damn Grenade launcher. I guarantee it was removed because of the skill curve that came with it. Want proof?

The Sticky Detonator took its place.
The proverbial skill gap is pretty much non existent. In stead we are left with easy to use weapons that require little skill. Why was the needle rifle removed? That wasn't difficult to use plus it was unique in several aspects as well unlike the DMR.

I don't know about CE weaponset coming back or whatever, but I don't think that people not using it much is a very good reason for not keeping the GL in the game. I find it unique and fun to use, and mostly better than the Sticky Detonator anyway.

Also, just because it isn't getting many kills doesn't necessarily mean people aren't using it (not that I'm arguing that it was less popular) - it's harder to use than most weapons with it's projectile arc and bouncing capabilities, has limited ammo on most maps, and has a very useful secondary EMP function that doesn't even kill anyway (not to mention non-sticky "planting"). These are the types of weapons that vary the sandbox and lead to more interesting encounters overall. In my view, taking it out because it was less popular is the same kind of thinking that lead to all the Forerunner weapons - which in my opinion had all the potential in the world for being unique and interesting - into being basically just grey and orange versions of the UNSC sandbox.

Fuck the haters. Propipe was the shit.

Edit: yeah, basically what The Henery said. Poetry, man.

Nebula

The proverbial skill gap is pretty much non existent. In stead we are left with easy to use weapons that require little skill. Why was the needle rifle removed? That wasn't difficult to use plus it was unique in several aspects as well unlike the DMR.

Needle Rifle replaced the Carbine, which then replaced the Needle rifle. Something about the timelines and stuff with Reach being a prequel.

The main reason for streamlining the sandbox and not throwing everything we've seen in past halos in Halo 4 was because of memory constraints. I'm not an expert by any means on the subject though, and I could be entirely wrong. Uh, call it a guess.

Omni

I don't care about the actual topic talked about, but I have a question about Karl's post.
2) Projectiles brings about much more inherent lag. Halo 3 used projectiles and it had an insane amount of bloodshots to go along with all of the other networking issues. It might work in 20 years when the infrastructure is better.
I'm curious as to why? A game like Battlefield uses projectiles and works well... excellently. I've seen similar responses in the past when people have brought up projectile based weapons

Nebula

I don't care about the actual topic talked about, but I have a question about Karl's post.
[/B]I'm curious as to why? A game like Battlefield uses projectiles and works well... excellently. I've seen similar responses in the past when people have brought up projectile based weapons

Probably more about the worlds internet being pretty crap in general.

Omni

Probably more about the worlds internet being pretty crap in general.
Mmm. I'm not entirely knowledgeable on networking, but BF3/4 uses about 40MB/hour down and 20MB/hour up - the same as most other online games out there. Including Halo 3/Reach/ODST/4, IIRC. I understand that in a P2P environment it's extremely unreliable - Halo 3 is a testament to this. But we've got dedicated servers now. I dunno

*shrugs*

Fuchsdh

Also, just because it isn't getting many kills doesn't necessarily mean people aren't using it (not that I'm arguing that it was less popular) - it's harder to use than most weapons with it's projectile arc and bouncing capabilities, has limited ammo on most maps, and has a very useful secondary EMP function that doesn't even kill anyway (not to mention non-sticky "planting"). These are the types of weapons that vary the sandbox and lead to more interesting encounters overall. In my view, taking it out because it was less popular is the same kind of thinking that lead to all the Forerunner weapons - which in my opinion had all the potential in the world for being unique and interesting - into being basically just grey and orange versions of the UNSC sandbox.

If people aren't getting kills with the weapons, they aren't going to use the weapons. I highly doubt that all the disparity in kills is because people were exclusively stripping shields with it.

Not disagreeing that I think 343's understandable desire for a used sandbox led to less interesting weapons in many cases; merely that I don't think you have any reason to call out their assertion that the propipe was vastly underused.

I personally don't get why everyone wants every weapon to constantly return. Give me a focused multiplayer sandbox with less overlap any day.

And the Needle Rifle was a poor replacement for the Carbine in multiplayer and not worth picking up in campaign on higher difficulties.

Nebula

I personally don't get why everyone wants every weapon to constantly return. Give me a focused multiplayer sandbox with less overlap any day..

Grenade Launcher had a lot of uses though while maintaining some kind of skill curve to being able to use it effectively.

I'm not going to deny it wasn't used a massive amount but I will say that it had shitty placement on Powerhouse.

Oh also. Plasma pistol completely nullifies your first point.

Mistel

Banned
And the Needle Rifle was a poor replacement for the Carbine in multiplayer and not worth picking up in campaign on higher difficulties.
I can't argue with that most of the time it wasn't worth picking up I'd use it instead of the AR in reach, as for campaign I used it on exodus and that's about it. It was an interesting concept if it did return I've no ideals how to fix it (0 bloom with it was great) apart from completely overhauling it.

Needle Rifle replaced the Carbine, which then replaced the Needle rifle. Something about the timelines and stuff with Reach being a prequel.
That makes no sense what so ever it was replaced by the weapon it replaced lol. Aren't the games the overriding source for Canon or has that changed with 4 was kinda related to the books.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just be better at English. Easy enough!
Be my teacher. I will gift you an apple.
Both Karl and Duji make excellent and valid points. The thing with Karl’s post is that it does not nullify the opinions for the return of the pistol, but puts a harsh spotlight on glaring issues that have to be taken into account when discussing that specific subject. If you want to be taken seriously you have to look at both sides of the issue—if you only look in one direction, arguments become almost comical or even borderline irrational.

BigShow and Duji are one the few posters that gets that aspect when discussing the CE pistol, so their arguments feel much more rational, grounded and thought out. They make solid arguments, which do not feel like they are too full of themselves or try to drown out criticisms.

This is wonderful:

This is nothing:

Basically said: La, la, la, I am not hearing any of that.
Yeah I get that of course both sides are not wrong nor are they the only correct side.

But funk also made well detailed posts in the past :( don't be so harsh.

And Henery again with a good post, well done.

Now whogot Tashi's Spartan assault? I need someone for coop

If people aren't getting kills with the weapons, they aren't going to use the weapons. I highly doubt that all the disparity in kills is because people were exclusively stripping shields with it.

Not disagreeing that I think 343's understandable desire for a used sandbox led to less interesting weapons in many cases; merely that I don't think you have any reason to call out their assertion that the propipe was vastly underused.

I personally don't get why everyone wants every weapon to constantly return. Give me a focused multiplayer sandbox with less overlap any day.

I wasn't saying it wasn't underused, which is why in the first sentence I wrote: "not that I'm arguing that it was less popular". I know it was underused (but not necessarily because it was a bad weapon). I'm saying that's not a good reason to get rid of a weapon. I do question using kills as a method to deduce weapon use, though. Hold time is probably the only reliable method, but I don't think that exists yet. Support-type weapons/functionality are OK. Plasma pistol exists and is mostly fine in all Halo games save for 4 when loadouts are in question.

I agree with you on the refined sandbox part. I don't think all weapons should return for the sake of it. However, I think that if you are going to replace something, the new thing should be better, and I think the Sticky Detonator is a shit replacement for the Grenade Launcher, so I lament it's loss.

Omni

That makes no sense what so ever it was replaced by the weapon it replaced lol. Aren't the games the overriding source for Canon or has that changed with 4 was kinda related to the books.

When Bungie was in charge, games were number 1 when it came to canon. It's actually why so many people were pissed that they essentially ignored tFoR when making Reach's campaign.

343i have them entwined. There shouldn't be any clashes between books and games any more - which I love. The obvious downside to this is that as evidenced by Halo 4, it can be hard to explain everything for those that haven't read the books.

Fuchsdh

I can't argue with that most of the time it wasn't worth picking up I'd use it instead of the AR in reach, as for campaign I used it on exodus and that's about it. It was an interesting concept if it did return I've no ideals how to fix it (0 bloom with it was great) apart from completely overhauling it.

The major issue with the weapon in campaign is it caused every enemy to go into a dodging frenzy even without any skulls on; its only use is in Exodus because there you can at least get enough shots off to supercombine on a Brute, but you could waste entire clips trying to bring down an Elite. Even trying a noob combo was unlikely to have great success.

Leave the supercombine to the Needler where it belongs! (hopefully slightly nerfed to between its Halo 3 and Halo 4 levels of effectiveness in the next game.)

I wasn't saying it wasn't underused, which is why in the first sentence I wrote: "not that I'm arguing that it was less popular". I know it was underused (but not necessarily because it was a bad weapon). I'm saying that's not a good reason to get rid of a weapon. I do question using kills as a method to deduce weapon use, though. Hold time is probably the only reliable method, but I don't think that exists yet. Support-type weapons/functionality are OK. Plasma pistol exists and is mostly fine in all Halo games save for 4 when loadouts are in question.

I agree with you on the refined sandbox part. I don't think all weapons should return for the sake of it. However, I think that if you are going to replace something, the new thing should be better, and I think the Sticky Detonator is a shit replacement for the Grenade Launcher, so I lament it's loss.

I think you meant "not that I'm arguing that it *was popular*", then. I misunderstood you.

When Bungie was in charge, games were number 1 when it came to canon. It's actually why so many people were pissed that they essentially ignored tFoR when making Reach's campaign.

343i have them entwined. There shouldn't be any clashes between books and games any more - which I love. The obvious downside to this is that as evidenced by Halo 4, it can be hard to explain everything for those that haven't read the books.

Well, they did fundamentally rewrite parts of the Terminals. I guess you can argue there was plenty of wiggle room there, but the timelines really don't add up. That said the rewrites were fairly paltry compared to entirely nuking the chronology of perhaps the series' most beloved book. I suppose I and many others would have had less issue with it had there been a pressing reason for revising it, or if Reach's story had been a lot better. Silentium was such an awesome franchise-ending finale that I can forgive a lot for it (yeah Dani, the rock-licking cavemen.)

Halo CE could work online np

Take Halo CE's:

Movement speed
weapons (and exact weapon stats)
spawns (this is the big one)

Add: Halo 3 or 4's netcode (deciding whether you want projectiles or not)

Would you get the Halo CE on LAN feel exactly? No.

Would you get a Halo game better than 2,3,Reach and 4?

YES.

The major issue with the weapon in campaign is it caused every enemy to go into a dodging frenzy even without any skulls on; its only use is in Exodus because there you can at least get enough shots off to supercombine on a Brute, but you could waste entire clips trying to bring down an Elite. Even trying a noob combo was unlikely to have great success.

Leave the supercombine to the Needler where it belongs! (hopefully slightly nerfed to between its Halo 3 and Halo 4 levels of effectiveness in the next game.)

I think you meant "not that I'm arguing that it *was popular*", then. I misunderstood you.

My bad.

Mistel

Banned

There should be a healthy balance between both the books and the games it should link to the books, but not rely on them to tell the story in the game like halo 4 kinda did.

It did have it's issues in campaign with the AI perception of the projectiles and was only useful against brutes, and as you pointed out awful against elites (surprisingly effective against Kat). I would like a weapon to use the similar firing mechanics with the needler rifle had, but as for the needler itself I prefer the 3 needler for some reason the 4 needler just feels off to me.
tumblr_lwpdmni8ry1qkyr2kmx.gif

Summaries my sandbox hopes really for halo 5.

1. I hope we cant have the the boltshot or a boltshot like weapon in a starting loadout
2. I hope we cant spawn with a plasma pistol in a starting loadout
3. I hope the binary rifle's removed from the game

image.php

I'm already comfortable with my sexuality and frequent the LGBThread. Admitting you have a problem serious case of homolycanthropy is the first step to recovery.

...fair enough.

But anyway, I loved the propipe. I was pretty shitty at it when I was first a Reach kid, but near the end of it's life cycle, I actually began to know how to use it properly, and even when I choked with it in games, there was always this thrill of getting an awesome bounce then blowing this dudes brains out, and you would challenge yourself by bouncing it around a corner and hitting some dude you can't see, it was just a fun weapon. I'd love to see it come back, I mean, the sticky detinator is cool I guess and can be fun to use, but nowhere near as exciting or challenging to use as the propipe.

Also, GSO Funk.

<3 u tho

Omni

I agree 100% with that conclusion. Might as well read the entire thing to see what else they've got to say.

I also couldn't have changed much without pumping money into the game. You can swap between some basic weapons and abilities within levels, but more powerful weapons are closed off by a purchase system. If you'd like to swap out your regular assault rifle for, say, a sniper rifle or a spartan laser, you'll need to spend "XP" earned by completing missions. A lot of XP. In a single playthrough of the game, I earned just over 4,000 XP &#8212; enough to unlock a mere two to four weapons or as many as eight "boosters," which are used to increase your score, damage output or shield recharge.

Did I mention that all of these purchases are one-time deals? When you blow 2,000 XP buying a rocket launcher, you're only getting it for that five-minute stage. Even worse, it comes with limited ammo that you're not likely to find a refill for in the stage itself. This lopsided economy made me feel uncomfortable spending my in-game currency. As if on cue, Spartan Assault offers that most dreaded of solutions: microtransactions.

But as-is, and particularly in a game that already costs $15, they feel exploitative and unnecessary.

Said this the day it released on W8. Pathetic that they didn't fix it for console release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom