• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinity Ward community manager..

a2697799337580e2f07b94c24f980295.png

Not halo related, who cares? more TMZ reporting?

I apologise for my behaviour, it wasn't my intention to be annoying in any way.

I shall be more careful from now on. Once again, sorry.

I apologise for my behaviour, it wasn't my intention to be annoying in any way.

I shall be more careful from now on. Once again, sorry.

There's nothing wrong with posting often and sharing your opinion. :) I don't mind it at least. Have fun on NeoGAF and be careful on Gaming Side! Don't be a victim to the Console Warz. :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also, although the last issue had Halo 3 Jackals this issue had Halo 4 style Jackals:

But hey, Skirmishers are still around which is cool.
Weird. Are Halo 4 Jackals supposed to be a different species from the Halo 1/2/3 Jackals? If so, let's make them go extinct. They're so bad. Skirmishers are the best of them all.

-Avoid using in-crowd memes like #HGS and Tashi Ceiling. It looks weird and tacky. It's fine doing it once in a while as a joke, but it's not very conducive to discussion.
This is bad advice.

Woorloog

Banned
Any bets how long before, and if, Color.Morale will become jaded like the rest of us?

No offense. I'm just jaded.

Weird. Are Halo 4 Jackals supposed to be a different species from the Halo 1/2/3 Jackals? If so, let's make them go extinct. They're so bad. Skirmishers are the best of them all.

Frankie suggested somewhere that at least Halo 4 Grunts might be a subspecies or a mutation or something like that.
Perhaps this applies to the Jackals too.

The real explanation is, of course, mere art difference. Think that Halo Graphic Novel story about New Mombasa...

wwm0nkey

I wouldn't mind an A1 size version of this
You know that reminds me, 343 should try and do what the original idea for Forge mode was and have it be PvP.

BTB, 2 teams, each kill gives the monitor(2) a bigger budget to give weapons, vehicles and objects to protect areas and add cover.

Still think that would be an amazingly fun gametype.

Karl2177

wlGkZPF.png

I've now beaten it on the OG Xbox and the PC. I'm gonna do a write up on the Legendary Campaign tonight. But for now, it's time to celebrate with food.

Any bets how long before, and if, Color.Morale will become jaded like the rest of us?

I would like to submit my candidacy for not-jaded guy of HaloGAF.

<3 Halo, and I've been lurking here and posting every once in a while for over a year.

My only negativities come from Spartan Ops (the characters are annoying smart-alecs who don't act like Spartans at all) and promethean vision.

You know that reminds me, 343 should try and do what the original idea for Forge mode was and have it be PvP.

BTB, 2 teams, each kill gives the monitor(2) a bigger budget to give weapons, vehicles and objects to protect areas and add cover.

Have SmartGlass as an option to access the items quicker for the monitor. That mode would've been slick, as would XBL Public.

Woorloog

Banned

<3 Halo, and I've been lurking here and posting every once in a while for over a year.

My only negativities come from Spartan Ops (the characters are annoying smart-alecs who don't act like Spartans at all) and promethean vision.

Well it is more about "when" than "if"...
This happens with all the franchises eventually. Probably.

This is bad advice.

iirc the new Halo guide that came out lists the pumpkin locust grunts and the dino-jackals as subspecieses.

hgs

MusicalHaloGAF are a bunch of neutral wildcards.

Zoojoo, on the other hand:

0eGWHnK.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You're a masochist.

Still, would really love to do a Halo 2 PC customs day though.

Same. Tough to organize though. Would have to be Halo community wide, not just HaloGAF. We'd have a set a date way early in advance and stick to it. It can be done though.

Ora

Banned
wlGkZPF.png

I've now beaten it on the OG Xbox and the PC. I'm gonna do a write up on the Legendary Campaign tonight. But for now, it's time to celebrate with food.

Nice. Never got past the pelican hangars on the first mission on Legendary.

Halo 2 Anniversary pls.

Mistel

Banned
I imagine Halo 5 will have grass that nice. I hope it does anyway.
Yep nice environment art that is not dull would nice, it is nice looking grass.

I played something similar it just, ended up squishing people with buildings and dropping fusion coils on their head. But it was fun non the less I miss reach's forge :(.

Same. Tough to organize though. Would have to be Halo community wide, not just HaloGAF. We'd have a set a date way early in advance and stick to it. It can be done though.
So you're volunteering? Sweet!

Btw, would totally join on them Halo 4 customs, but no Champions Bundle, and everybody always hates that guy in the lobby without all the maps.

wwm0nkey

I say we do it. Just get on r/Halo and ect and do it on a day most people are off like a Sunday.

Also remind everyone to use DSfix to use unsupported resolutions and to unlock FPS to play at a locked 60 or even 120fps.

(Seriously though 120FPS Halo 2 on a 120hz monitor with lightboost on is the greatest thing ever)

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 PC customs? Hmm. Could re-install Halo 2 PC but i'd have to fight with GFWL a lot... have newer version installed and installing Halo 2 PC installs the old version automatically over the new one, breaking it completely.

Does it have co-op campaign over internet? And can someone get the Scarab Gun for me? I think that's the only achievement I don't have. I tried superjumping to it and couldn't get it. Tried taking the banshee but I got frustrated and gave up.

Woorloog

Banned
Does it have co-op campaign over internet? And can someone get the Scarab Gun for me? I think that's the only achievement I don't have. I tried superjumping to it and couldn't get it. Tried taking the banshee but I got frustrated and gave up.

Unfortunately no, it does not have that.

EDIT Scarab Gun... easiest way? Mod the map a bit, make the Plasma Pistol overcharge to spawn a Banshee.
EDIT wait, you could just mod the Scarab Gun in place of something else then...

EDIT2 Personal favorite mods for Halo 2: Machine guns firing brute shot grenades or gauss gun rounds. Fun.
EDIT3 No, wait. Magnum with gauss rounds is damn fun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So you're volunteering? Sweet!

Btw, would totally join on them Halo 4 customs, but no Champions Bundle, and everybody always hates that guy in the lobby without all the maps.

I'll do it, I tried it for just HaloGAF.

Just join up, there are plenty of people without the Champions Bundle, just play.

I say we do it. Just get on r/Halo and ect and do it on a day most people are off like a Sunday.

Also remind everyone to use DSfix to use unsupported resolutions and to unlock FPS to play at a locked 60 or even 120fps.

(Seriously though 120FPS Halo 2 on a 120hz monitor with lightboost on is the greatest thing ever)

For sure. I think the best way would be to make a HaloGAF.com post but also create a graphic that would be easy to share and post on Twitter.

Should it be a "Re-population day" or more of a large customs party type of event? Thinking maybe the former.

Even once was too much. C'mon.

The bolded are the only points that still occur in Halo MM in any statistical significance (and only 7 and 12 are actually really prominent). Maybe some contributed to the mindset in the past, but no more than they contributed to any other online game. So why is Halo so special?

I also love how you keep up this thought process that dedis will solve all your problems. In the sense of playing with other Australians, you may be right, but the geography problem will still exist for you if you want to play Americans. It may get rid of the "host advantage" issue and a couple other things that are tied to P2P, but cheaters and quitters and the like aren't going anywhere, and neither is latency in some cases, especially intercontinental. Playing on an American server against Americans will be just as crap for you as in the past.

Standby and bridging especially were massive in Halo 3, it was a total pain in the arse. Reach had standby used to force respawn of vehicles or power weapons to duplicate them. It happened in BTB quite often actually, especially when you finally got a solid team vs. team match up.

I'm thankful the game iterations have done just as you post, alleviate/reduce the issues. It's what they should do. I was answering a more general "all of Halo historically" opposed to just current day. Relevance.

Halo to me is so special because it was the first, that golden age of competing online away from the PC and in an FPS on a controller no less. Massive following and hyper competitive matchmaking. It gave rise to wanting to prove how good you were, then taking that too seriously. I also posted many other games have similar issues but they have the benefit of Halo experience in dealing/shaping such issues.

I don't say dedis will solve ALL problems, I use words like for the most part or an awful lot. Anyhow the balance is shifting immensely with dedis over P2P, it's a game changer for input latency, anti-cheating in various forms and more. As for international host balancing I've said it before it's the difference from 10-15 random ISP hops and back to a holistic content delivery network all owned by MS/Xbox with most likely only 4-8 hops required and far more stable/arger datapipes in between those hops as well. Latency doesn't just disappear and I've never said that but it will be more than just a minor incremental increase in quality of USA vs. Aussie games.

I've played from Australia for the life of all Halo online, do you really think you need to point these things out? Facts are dedis are a megaton better in every respect over P2P, a hybrid system may even be in the mix so we're arguing about unknown semantics at this point mate.

wwm0nkey

For sure. I think the best way would be to make a HaloGAF.com post but also create a graphic that would be easy to share and post on Twitter.

Should it be a "Re-population day" or more of a large customs party type of event? Thinking maybe the former.
yeah repopulation day sounds better.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, where the hell did that info come from? I mean, its interesting and I'll take it, but it seems like it came outta nowhere. :lol

Same feeling here.
It seems the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide has a lot of small stuff, like this.

It was from there. It doesn't really have anything major in it. Just little things like the Didact's real name, and explaining some inconsistencies. Edited my previous post with the halopedia link.

The Didact's full name? Wut? *goes to Halopedia*

aj1467

Same feeling here.
It seems the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide has a lot of small stuff, like this.

It was from there. It doesn't really have anything major in it. Just little things like the Didact's real name, and explaining some inconsistencies. Edited my previous post with the halopedia link.

^^ The Ur-Didact was born as "Shadow-of-Sundered-Star"
The Librarian was born as "First-Light-Weaves-Living-Song" :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom