• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds good. Also have weekly streams where they play a couple games and answer questions from the community.

edit:^^^SEE its a good idea

You know what else is a good idea? 1:45 in this video.

I wonder how many games are going to copy Titanfall after it's released lol - It's so depressing to think how many developers copied CoD instead of coming up with their own fresh ideas. What a low down dirty shame..

TheOddOne

Because these last two pages have been dreadful, I present you with... stuff.

Josh Holmes is not the creative director for Halo One/5? He now has EP (Executive Producer) @ 343i listed on his twitter bio:

jbrfiyzderX6WI.png

The only other EP we know from 343i is Kiki:

j9fXQPt9FXK4w.png

My guess is that Tim Longo might be the new creative director for Poncho Chief: Return of The Beyonce Song.

jENRCYetcHLDe.png

consulting-detective-with-pipe-and-magnifying-glass-silhouette_t

-OddOne out

Madness

Oh damn, Halo 5 will probably be November. Let's see how it'll hold up against Chief about two months later. I bet the Respawn guys are happy that Destiny is much later than their title now. Wonder when the beta for Destiny starts.

Crazy to see just how long they've been on this. Assuming that the team and everything started in 2009, and development started 100% before Reach launch, they'll have spent nearly 4 to 4 and half years on Destiny.

heckfu

Banned
Oh damn, Halo 5 will probably be November. Let's see how it'll hold up against Chief about two months later. I bet the Respawn guys are happy that Destiny is much later than their title now. Wonder when the beta for Destiny starts.

Summer 14

really disappointed by that date...I know it's bungie, but why would you release a brand new IP right before the next Halo and Call of Duty?

really disappointed by that date...I know it's bungie, but why would you release a brand new IP right before the next Halo and Call of Duty?

Competition? Spiting the franchise that you lost and the franchise that dethroned that franchise?
EDIT:
Destiny vs Halo 5

LET'S DO THIS - Crazy disappointing though. Thought it was supposed to release in the Spring?

Borderlands-style FPSMMO vs Halo of duty... YO.

You know what's a great idea? Giving some community members Halo 5 a week or so early and have them stream MP from their Xbox One for promos.

And AS the idea generator, I'll go ahead and PM my address to 343.
inb4 internet gets butthurt cause some guy got a copy early cause he has a YouTube channel.

daedalius

I was really hoping for Spring. Titanfall it is then; I figured those 2 would be duking it out. Definitely wasn't expecting Destiny a few months before a new Halo and CoD...

Lead from Republic Commando is now Creative Director on H5? yes please

I was really hoping for Spring. Titanfall it is then; I figured those 2 would be duking it out. Definitely wasn't expecting Destiny a few months before a new Halo and CoD...

Lead from Republic Commando is now Creative Director on H5? yes please

I now remember Republic Commando was a game and I'm sad.

What a fantastic game. Deserves a sequel.

Fuchsdh

Because these last two pages have been dreadful, I present you with... stuff.

Josh Holmes is not the creative director for Halo One/5? He now has EP (Executive Producer) @ 343i listed on his twitter bio:

jbrfiyzderX6WI.png

The only other EP we know from 343i is Kiki:

j9fXQPt9FXK4w.png

My guess is that Tim Longo might be the new creative director for Poncho Chief: Return of The Beyonce Song.

jENRCYetcHLDe.png

consulting-detective-with-pipe-and-magnifying-glass-silhouette_t

-OddOne out

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

(How can you be a "franchise director" on a single game, btw?)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

(How can you be a "franchise director" on a single game, btw?)

Well 2 scenarios spring to mind.

343i Have more than just Halo 5 in development. (H2A pls lord)

His current position puts him in line to direct Halo 6,7,8,9,10.ODST 2,Kart, x Mass Effect, Revengance, Fall of Arcadia, 2k18, and the little train that could etc etc etc.

My reach data isn't popping up on either Reach and CEA. My files still exist as far as I can tell from viewing my HDD and Flashdrive.

Would be fucked up to lose every saved file I have on gametypes, maps, and videos.

Hoping it's just my console (which it's pretty old and have some tech issues). Gonna check on my slim if problem still exists.

Edit: Turns out the formatted flashdrive wiped my reach XPs, Rank, and Armory. No prob.
All my files pop up which is good.

I thought Rihanna wrote Halo? I don't know what my life is anymore. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE_mO90qZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Competition? Spiting the franchise that you lost and the franchise that dethroned that franchise?

It's not a good idea from a business perspective. It's a new IP, there will people that will just wait to buy an established franchise like Halo/CoD instead of taking the risk on a new IP. Having the game release in the spring/summer (like The Last of Us) pretty much gets rid of that problem. Sure there are the holiday sales, but is that enough to push the release date back to almost the end of the year?

TitanFall's "wow" factor will be gone once the Call of Duty audience goes back to Call of Duty, and the rest of the people playing realize it's just Call of Duty with wall running and mechs. Having Destiny come out two to three weeks after it pretty much would have been perfect.

It's not a good idea from a business perspective. It's a new IP, there will people that will just wait to buy an established franchise like Halo/CoD instead of taking the risk on a new IP. Having the game release in the spring/summer (like The Last of Us) pretty much gets rid of that problem. Sure there are the holiday sales, but is that enough to push the release date back to almost the end of the year?

TitanFall's "wow" factor will be gone once the Call of Duty audience goes back to Call of Duty, and the rest of the people playing realize it's just Call of Duty with wall running and mechs. Having Destiny come out two to three weeks after it pretty much would have been perfect.

Destiny has cod style gameplay too. Also titanfall is more than that,the modes are pretty different and concept overall.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I agree. While Titanfall looks fun enough, the base game is still a standard military shooter.

Hell, even Destiny's core mechanics are similar. The scale and co-op is what draws me.

Destiny has cod style gameplay too. Also titanfall is more than that,the modes are pretty different and concept overall.

We haven't seen Destiny's multiplayer or really any in-depth gameplay lol. The scripted walkthrough seemed pretty barebones...and multiplayer info really doesn't give a clear picture of how it will play. I would hope Bungie still has something left to reveal that will make people's jaw drop.

Eh I dunno, maybe when I play actually play TitanFall it will click for me. Gameplay just doesn't look interesting, and seems like it will get repetitive fast.

zzzzZZzzzzz

Yea that's how I feel when I watch TitanFall gameplay.

We haven't seen Destiny's multiplayer or really any in-depth gameplay lol. The scripted walkthrough seemed pretty barebones...and multiplayer info really doesn't give a clear picture of how it will play. I would hope Bungie still has something left to reveal that will make people's jaw drop.

Eh I dunno, maybe when I play actually play TitanFall it will click for me. Gameplay just doesn't look interesting, and seems like it will get repetitive fast.

Yea that's how I feel when I watch TitanFall gameplay.

The shooting is like cod so we dont need to see gameplay to have an idea. TitanFall still has a nice fresh concept in terms of the game modes.

Fuchsdh

Well 2 scenarios spring to mind.

343i Have more than just Halo 5 in development. (H2A pls lord)

His current position puts him in line to direct Halo 6,7,8,9,10.ODST 2,Kart, x Mass Effect, Revengance, Fall of Arcadia, 2k18, and the little train that could etc etc etc.

I was actually referring to his previous title as "Franchise Director for Tomb Raider reboot".

But yeah I dunno about multiple Halo games in development. I do think that 343 would be a better developer for these spinoffs than the random third-party studios (not that they don't do a decent job) but especially if Halo is going to a two-year dev cycle I'm not sure they're a mature enough studio to handle that kind of constant turnaround.

How are we defining games being "COD-like"? Having shooter mechanics that 99% of shooters have?

Titanfall doesn't play much like COD.

-----------

That said, who knows if the September release is a development decision by Bungie or a decision by Activision, but if it's the later, I thought a May release would be smart. They'll do well in September though.

I love Bungie but it's feeling like Halo 2 launch and biting off more than you can chew all over again. I've been waiting to get really excited for Destiny and it feels like they're struggling to define/show the key hook gameplay still. I sincerely hope it's all yet to be revealed and I'm way off base. They usually make a game I end up loving so I'm happy to wait and see what they've been working on with so many resources and for so long.

I'm always going to buy Destiny but at this point I'd like to see more than a bullet sponge open event. The art is cool as fuck though.

I could have sworn Destiny was set for Spring/Early 2013. :( Not sure what happened. Heh... wonder how Bungie is going to feel going up against their baby Halo.

Not interested in destiny at all.

Been having more fun on ghosts with the big homie juices the last couple weeks than I ever did with halo 4.

Titanfall looks incredible though, I'll probably make the jump to xbox one when it releases

Halo's going to be in November and we all know it!

I don't like the November Halo releases! Go back to Septembers so I can get the collector editions for free as a Birthday Present again! :p

November releases: Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 4?
September Releases: Halo 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo:Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom