• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanFall looks really cool. And I'll likely have more fun playing it than any Call of Duty game I've touched. Destiny is on a whole other level, though. It's the kind of game I've been waiting for ever since I saw Star Wars for the first time.

And Halo 5. Well. I'm optimistic, but we will see. That Republic Commando guy is legit, though.

nillapuddin

I brought this up in the last thread and didnt get much help, but I'd appreciate some actual feedback.

Gunna be hosting a Halo night at the movie theater I work at, Halo 4 customs

I was wondering how offline customs work in that environment, and some tips

Should I set up some Profiles ahead of time with preset loadouts?
How do the unlocks work in that environment?
Do certain maps/modes struggle in 4 player?

I will try to do some more testing at home but Im just curious if anyone has done something like this already

and any suggestions for maps/modes is always welcome
(I have a ton though, need to simplify names for easy browsing)

thanks in advance yall

Fuchsdh

I brought this up in the last thread and didnt get much help, but I'd appreciate some actual feedback.

Gunna be hosting a Halo night at the movie theater I work at, Halo 4 customs

I was wondering how offline customs work in that environment, and some tips

Should I set up some Profiles ahead of time with preset loadouts?
How do the unlocks work in that environment?
Do certain maps/modes struggle in 4 player?

I will try to do some more testing at home but Im just curious if anyone has done something like this already

and any suggestions for maps/modes is always welcome
(I have a ton though, need to simplify names for easy browsing)

thanks in advance yall

If you're doing Legendary Slayer gametypes or variants thereof you don't have to worry about loadouts at all.

What do you mean by 4 player? 4 people on one box?

daedalius

The Titans in Titanfall better be way cooler than the Mantis, although they certainly appear to be already from vids I've watched.

Mantis is so slow and... ugh; I'm not sure what the design intent was behind it. If it had of been more like the heavy exoskeleton chassis that was used in Legends, probably would have been way better.

Right now its just a ploddingly weak weapons platform. Its an Assault(mechwarrior term) mech without all the guns.

Surely the top 200 is within our grasp...

0buj1Me.png

Trueskill at its finest.

lol biggy died lol

Booshka

It's like when I used to post on the MLG Forums and mentioned to people that I was really good at Shadowrun. All I got from Halo 2 and 3 dudes was, "Pro at a dead game, get good in a game that matters, kid."

Halo 4 is a dead game and it's not even good.

It's like when I used to post on the MLG Forums and mentioned to people that I was really good at Shadowrun. All I got from Halo 2 and 3 dudes was, "Pro at a dead game, get good in a game that matters, kid."

Halo 4 is a dead game and it's not even good.

Fans who started with the BR are like Smash fans who started with Brawl.

'Tis got damn shame.

Ataxia

Destiny releasing in September of next year?

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/409114458972102657

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Launch-Date/en/News/News?aid=11318

I would've expected it sooner, tbh, but still excited!
ArrestedDevelopmentKidOglesGaryBuse.gif

Not excited at all, to be honest. I mean, I haven't really paid too much attention to those campaign details that are floating about, but like Titanfall, I don't see what the fuss is about (I honestly believe TF looks dull. Sure the movement is pretty cool, but that's about it).

nillapuddin

Why are you LAN'ing Halo 4

Because I don't hate it.

If you're doing Legendary Slayer gametypes or variants thereof you don't have to worry about loadouts at all.

What do you mean by 4 player? 4 people on one box?

Will have to acquire more legendary variants then

And, Yes 4 on 1 box, and more specifically, on one giant movie theater screen

pillanuddin nooooo.. you're doing it wrong! All you have to do is make a couple simple adjustments and CE is ready to go. No complicated profiles, no struggles, just love.

Will bring the whole series likely, but dem party games and visuals

Sidewinder CTF to 3 flags. No time limit. All vehicles on. Pistol/AR start

Endless fun. Better party gameype than anything Halo 4.

Plus the usual rockets on Wizard and Chiron

Shotguns on Beaver Creek

Snipers no shields on Blood Gulch.

nillapuddin

Sidewinder CTF to 3 flags. No time limit. All vehicles on. Pistol/AR start

Endless fun. Better party gameype than anything Halo 4.

Plus the usual rockets on Wizard and Chiron

Shotguns on Beaver Creek

Snipers no shields on Blood Gulch.

I remember dude, I was there.

With all due respect my friend, I know how to set up CE, and said I would likely be bringing everything. I am just specifically asking if there is anything special I should do for halo 4.

TheOddOne

The Titans in Titanfall better be way cooler than the Mantis, although they certainly appear to be already from vids I've watched.

Mantis is so slow and... ugh; I'm not sure what the design intent was behind it. If it had of been more like the heavy exoskeleton chassis that was used in Legends, probably would have been way better.

Right now its just a ploddingly weak weapons platform. Its an Assault(mechwarrior term) mech without all the guns.
First person mechs are always better than 3rd person mech. These are facts. Facts.

Fuchsdh

Because I don't hate it.

Will have to acquire more legendary variants then

And, Yes 4 on 1 box, and more specifically, on one giant movie theater screen

Will bring the whole series likely, but dem party games and visuals
Well as long as you stick to the smaller maps you should be fine. Just hop into matchmaking try and get the variants you want and then download them from temporary. I think it loads all the voting options IIRC.

As for the Mantis--maybe it could be a little speedier, but I think the main issue with it isn't the vehicle so much as the maps. Ragnarock encourages treating it like a glass cannon on your side of the map.

I remember dude, I was there.

With all due respect my friend, I know how to set up CE, and said I would likely be bringing everything. I am just specifically asking if there is anything special I should do for halo 4.

You could try doing prop hunt if you want a non-competitive just-for-fun gametype that is always a blast.

You mean the Kinect UNderlying Transit Platform Utility Necessitator Trackpad? You bet your ass it's included.

ibiVEHiBo2XRL5.gif

It's pretty bad when gamefaqs has a better community (of those who play the game still) than we do.

Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/68014955

Not that I'm complaining, I don't play Halo 4 anymore either, it just surprised me to see people still organizing tournaments. It remind me of us during the Reach days.

Game was bad but we still did a GAF tournament and had a halogaf montage.
But how many of them are still hanging on 343's every word?

Why can't I just have a Legendary Slayer BRs playlist? Separate from throwdown of course since no one plays it

Same reason as always, Population or something. yadda yadda

How are we defining games being "COD-like"? Having shooter mechanics that 99% of shooters have?

Titanfall doesn't play much like COD.

-----------

That said, who knows if the September release is a development decision by Bungie or a decision by Activision, but if it's the later, I thought a May release would be smart. They'll do well in September though.

Those 99% copied COD with the ADS, Lets be real here.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why can't I just have a Legendary Slayer BRs playlist? Separate from throwdown of course since no one plays it

Why was Halo 4 from the start not like Legendary Slayer BRs at least.

343 gonna 343

Yo HaloGAF, all of us in the HGS chat when GAF goes down at VGX ?

Booties

Banned

343 gonna 343

GAF goes down every day. So, yeah. We're always on over there.

Actually, that's the reason we made it. We got tired of trying to make facebook chat rooms and all that ensures there.

e; Good lord halo 4 is so bad at match making. The game is too small and face paced to use JIP at the start of a match. How am I supposed to maintain interest on a map like Scythe when I start off 4v2? I lose all the weapons and grounding and they kill be 6 times before I get another team mate.

Go. Back. To. Halo. 343. Let CoD do CoD.

Fuchsdh

It's pretty bad when gamefaqs has a better community (of those who play the game still) than we do.

Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/68014955

Not that I'm complaining, I don't play Halo 4 anymore either, it just surprised me to see people still organizing tournaments. It remind me of us during the Reach days.

Game was bad but we still did a GAF tournament and had a halogaf montage.

Well, they're also playing with modded gametypes as tourney settings, which I can't really get behind.

Ah, that makes sense. Did not think about that.

And what time do Customs start tonight? After VGX?

NPSHW5p.png

Customs Night returns this Saturday, December 7th at 9PM EST (so I guess yeah after VGX). Send a message to GT: Fuchsdh to get in on a piece of the action.

I find that it's difficult to actually get Infinity settings in matchmaking now, especially if you go in with a team. For all intents and purposes it is either Legendary BRs or choose-your-utility weapon set loadouts only.

Also, I laughed at Bing. They know us well.

lGxPPur.png

Karl2177

Well, they're also playing with modded gametypes as tourney settings, which I can't really get behind.

When the base options can't customize it to be competitive, can you really blame them for using the mods?

I find that it's difficult to actually get Infinity settings in matchmaking now, especially if you go in with a team. For all intents and purposes it is either Legendary BRs or choose-your-utility weapon set loadouts only.
I've attempted playing on three separate occasions now and every time Infinity Slayer is voted. It's so off putting that I'm done after about 5 minutes.

lGxPPur.png
Why are you using bing?

I don't play so i can't properly comment but this seemed odd.
Well, if I'm not mistakened, Frankie said In-game ranks created a bad habit in selling accounts to people who wanted those Lvl 50 General ranks back in H3.

So 343's solution to implent the CSR was to be only visible through Waypoint.

In theory, DOTA's MMR update would fill the gap in between CSR and In-game ranks for online MM.

Edit: if by odd towards Dota's update than my mistake on the assumption haha

I don't see how anyone can not be excited for Titanfall..

• It's a new IP.
  • It's clearly not CoD.
  • The mobility alone seems incredibly fun and unlike anything we've seen in several years.
  • The dynamics between infantry/mechs looks balanced and FUN.
  • The weapon looks pretty awesome and diverse.
  • They're testing out new ideas like blending story elements into multiplayer.
  • NPC's on the map seem like a great idea.
  • We've been needing something fresh in the FPS genre for years.
  • Music and sound effects are great.
  • Personally, I actually like the art style compared to the generic military shooter we've been accustomed to.
  • It seems like they're putting a lot of effort into making these maps fun for both infantry/mechs.
  • The list goes on..
I don't see any real reason to hate on this game except for your own naivety IMO. I can understand not being hyped because it just doesn't seem like your cup of tea for gameplay, but some of the reasons people are spouting are a little out there.. It's not really hopping on the bandwagon if you just give it a chance; everyone who played it can't be crazy.

Well, if I'm not mistakened, Frankie said In-game ranks created a bad habit in selling accounts to people who wanted those Lvl 50 General ranks back in H3.

Frankie's wrong and everyone knows it. That's just some BS they use to justify its exclusion when in reality, the negative effects ranks would have on the community would be minimal compared to the positives it would bring to this franchise. People want ranks more than they don't want and it only gets a bad rap because of some false perception that they drastically ruined the community.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't see how anyone can not be excited for Titanfall..

• It's a new IP.
  • It's clearly not CoD.
  • The mobility alone seems incredibly fun and unlike anything we've seen in several years.
  • The dynamics between infantry/mechs looks balanced and FUN.
  • The weapon looks pretty awesome and diverse.
  • They're testing out new ideas like blending story elements into multiplayer.
  • NPC's on the map seem like a great idea.
  • We've been needing something fresh in the FPS genre for years.
  • Music and sound effects are great.
  • Personally, I actually like the art style compared to the generic military shooter we've been accustomed to.
  • It seems like they're putting a lot of effort into making these maps fun for both infantry/mechs.
  • The list goes on..
I don't see any real reason to hate on this game except for your own naivety IMO. I can understand not being hyped because it just doesn't seem like your cup of tea for gameplay, but some of the reasons people are spouting are a little out there.. It's not really hopping on the bandwagon if you just give it a chance; everyone who played it can't be crazy.
Because opinions

NPSHW5p.png

Customs Night returns this Saturday, December 7th at 9PM EST (so I guess yeah after VGX). Send a message to GT: Fuchsdh to get in on a piece of the action.

lGxPPur.png
It seems like A Salt On The Control Room OT was by far our most popular one.

343 gonna 343

Not everyone.

Thanks Heckfu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom