• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Three hour Chettlar monologue, please.

lol nah, gonna shoot for an hour max.

That would be fun, but I'm at work... why Monday of all days?

You could always ask Chettlar, and have two hours of "physics"

I wanted to do it last night but I ended getting busy with stuff over the weekend. I definitely want to record tonight considering there's a fair amount of stuff to talk about.

lol nah, gonna shoot for an hour max.

I wanted to do it last night but I ended getting busy with stuff over the weekend. I definitely want to record tonight considering there's a fair amount of stuff to talk about.

Ah, understandable. I get off at like 11pm Eastern, oh well.

Jokes aside, I like the shorter format a lot. I don't have the attention span for long podcasts, personally.

Yeah, and considering the halo info drought, it doesn't overstay its welcome, either.

Speaking of which, I'd be down to make a cameo, time and intelligent discussion permitting.

Tashi

I'd throw my hat in, except I know where you stand on that. ;)

What time are you thinking of recording?

You can join if you like. I was thinking maybe 5 or 6pm Eastern.

Jokes aside, I like the shorter format a lot. I don't have the attention span for long podcasts, personally.

Yea it was a pretty common complaint to be honest. And I feel like with the shorter format I can get more shows out (which was another complaint) Last year I really put too many restrictions on myself about how I wanted to do the show. I wanted it to be long, I wanted a certain amount of guests on etc. What that resulted in was episodes not releasing very often. It's also been tough because I'm the only regular on the show right now so instead of getting just 1 guest on, I was having to get at least 2 to record a show. It just wasn't very practical.

But, I do appreciate the feedback and everyone sticking with the show.

Yeah, and considering the halo info drought, it doesn't overstay its welcome, either.

Speaking of which, I'd be down to make a cameo, time and intelligent discussion permitting.

Join up.

My Skype is Tashi0106. Just add me on there.

edit: Around 5-6PM Eastern babby.

Fuchsdh

I can prolly pop on if you're doing at 6. Gotta' get back from work.

And the critique on length is something that could probably apply to every Halo podcast. Even the ones I love usually go on for thirty minutes too long, especially if they're not getting edited down (like Livestreamed ones etc.)

You can join if you like. I was thinking maybe 5 or 6pm Eastern.

Sounds good then, sent you a request on Skype. :)

What's the point of talking about opinions when you have a pretty fine message board to facilitate communicating the same thing?

:D

In my mind it fufills a same sort of purpose as HaloGAF custom nights do, it's something that the entire community can band around, and it also gives HaloGAF a bit more of a presence in the Halo sphere.

Gui_PT

That's the funny thing about game design/balance and building upon past ideas, you don't have to remove something just because it was crap in the game before it. By that logic, the CE Needler, H2 Sword/BR, H3 Spartan Laser, etc. should have never returned. How about a Powerup that lets you go completely invisible and do whatever you want or one that gives you 3 secs of invincibility plus extra layers of shield..

Yikes.

None of these things let you see through walls.

Bad reply. 2/10.

Hey you know what they could do to balance AA's? Just give everyone every one of them.

Xbox "Switch To, Jetpack"

See, Halo 5, equal footing.

please no I'm just fucking kidding

ZAFdl.gif

Tashi

Are the topics the ones you mentioned earlier in te thread?

Right now I've got

-Joe Staten rejoining MS
-Josh Holmes state of 343 Address
-Sparth concept art
-Ghostayame joining 343
-Spartan Assault reviews

Don't want to run too long so that's looking like a full show.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Right now I've got

-Joe Staten rejoining MS
-Josh Holmes state of 343 Address
-Sparth concept art
-Ghostayame joining 343
-Spartan Assault reviews

Don't want to run too long so that's looking like a full show.

What about the epic failure that is the Escalation comic interior "art"?

Tashi

What about the epic failure that is the Escalation comic interior "art"?

Gavin mentioned it to me and I think I might add it as well if time allows it. If we're hitting like 45 minutes or something then yea.

edit: So we're looking at a potential Zoojoo, SpeedyBlueDude and Wahrer episode.

awwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Gavin mentioned it to me and I think I might add it as well if time allows it. If we're hitting like 45 minutes or something then yea.

edit: So we're looking at a potential Zoojoo, SpeedyBlueDude and Wahrer episode.

Haha didn't even see anyone else volunteer. :p You said 5pm or so Eastern, I'm out of school in about 20 minutes, so I'll make sure to be ready by 5pm EST. :p

IHaveIce

Banned

This episode just can't be not weird, Saturday was the first time for me playing with Wahrer and the guy talked NONSTOP

Ora

Banned
Hailing Chettlar, Tashi needs you on the podcast tonight. I think I speak for everyone when I say we want to hear more about hamburger Bombs.

Thanks bud.

The Unholy Trinity of HaloGAF
This episode just can't be not weird, Saturday was the first time for me playing with Wahrer and the guy talked NONSTOP

I'm actually pretty quiet during conversations and gaming, I won't be overbearing during the recording, Wahrer is a fucking wildcard though.

Nebula

If 343 ever consider bringing back Invasion I'd like them to consider 3 things.

1) Both teams should have a headshot weapon or neither of them should in the first phase.

2)No armories for either side, especially inside buildings.

3)No spawn for the defending team closer to the capture zone than the attacking team in the final phase. It should be at least half way between both teams spawns.

Effect

If one was get one Halo game for the 360 to try out multiplayer which one should they get? Best population would be preferable.

Not so much concerned with story to be honest though I will play the single player. Wiki can help at times and I did play Halo 1 and 2 but that was years ago. Mainly looking for a healthy population and something that's not hacked to bad. Most of the games are somewhat cheap now so I might be buying new to get the free Live Gold trial some games usually come with. Thanks.

TheOddOne

Three hour Chettlar monologue, please.
I am Chettlar, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says NeoGAF, 'it belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says HaloGAF, 'it belongs to God.' 'No!' says HaloWaypoint, 'it belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... HaloGAF podcast. A podcast where the artist would not fear the censor; where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, HaloGAF podcast can become your destination as well.

If one was get one Halo game for the 360 to try out multiplayer which one should they get? Best population would be preferable.

Not so much concerned with story to be honest though I will play the single player. Wiki can help at times and I did play Halo 1 and 2 but that was years ago. Mainly looking for a healthy population and something that's not hacked to bad. Most of the games are somewhat cheap now so I might be buying new to get the free Live Gold trial some games usually come with. Thanks.
Best population? Halo 4 is your only option then. Even then, Halo 4's population count is pathetic.

Halo 3 has the best multiplayer, but... It's community is dead and the net coding is awful.

Halo:Reach's multiplayer feels more solid than Halo 4, and overall is a higher quality experience, but again, community is really low.

Halo 4 still has players, buy is awful, at least for dedicated Halo fans. Since you don't seem to have tried or seem invested into Halo's multiplayer, you may like Halo 4. Give it a shot.

Fracas

#fuckonami

This will be the first time I've listened to HaloGAF Radio

This will be the first time I've listened to HaloGAF Radio

I like how people think it's going to be a train-wreck, but when it actually comes out, it's just like any other episode of the podcast.

SHUDDUP I KNOW IT WAS A JOKE

EDIT: I'm curious to see which OG Halogaffers are still around besides Tashi, and to see which people still post, according to the Bungie thing, Newbies, Middle Skool, Old Skool, Grizzled Ancients...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom