• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ora

Banned
eR3JP9x.jpg

Classic.

WOW Call of Duty Ghosts took the gametype I created I created in Halo 2 and made it its own mode with that Michael Myers music..................

CURSE YOU Bungie for getting rid of proximity chat. I used to set up a game with 2 lives, all you can do is run and hide as you survive against one person playing as Michael Myers. They would be playing the Halloween theme over the mic, so whenever they got close you'd hear the music. I used to burst out in laughter from people screaming into their mic that I'm around them lmfao

Proximity chat needs to return.

It's sad when ridiculous arguments about Halo are more entertaining than actually playing Halo.

Just thinking this same thing.

Ghazi

Is this the reason people start backing away from me, acting like I'm a wild animal that's about to kill them, when I tell them I'm from HaloGAF?

Nebula

Is this the reason people start backing away from me, acting like I'm a wild animal that's about to kill them when I tell them I'm from HaloGAF?

Might have something to do with you drowning in orange liquid, but HaloGAF is probably the main culprit.

Homeboyd

Is this the reason people start backing away from me, acting like I'm a wild animal that's about to kill them, when I tell them I'm from HaloGAF?
You don't tell people in person you're a poster here, right?

I suppose if so, it's even more odd that these people know about it and have formed an opinion of the place. Shit's weird... But I know you're joking anyways.

What's this about hamburgers? Guessing chet rambling.

Proximity chat needs to return.

Best post of at least 10 pages mate! Too right, bring that shit back. It was awesome objective stealthing into a base to listen in or chat misinformation to the other team.

Also when the guy died and the mic cut out half way through their rage antics!

Chettlar

Banned
Pretty much sums up, all of his posts.
residentsleeper.png

Snarky responses like this.
residentsleeper.png

You're not even posting it so how can I know what it is?

I already said I'm going to post it. I'm just asking why you said I'm wrong before knowing what it is. Are you actually going to read it now without bias on the way in?

Chet, dude, you have to stop posting so much. I'm not even trying to be a dick about it. I've never ignored anyone on this site but dammit... You need to find a halo chat room or something.

I'm done with the conversation. That's right, everybody rejoice.

It might take a while for me to make the post, but you guys asked for well thought out, so I'm fucking going to make it well thought out.

I have one simple request though. If there is something in the post that does not make sense, fucking tell me before you go off telling how dumb my argument is, so I can make it make sense.

And also, if you're not going to read the post, don't fucking respond to it or me please. Seriously? It's not constructive. I've seen mods say this countless times. It has nothing to do with me being thin skinned.

You don't tell people in person you're a poster here, right?

I suppose if so, it's even more odd that these people know about it and have formed an opinion of the place. Shit's weird... But I know you're joking anyways.

What's this about hamburgers? Guessing chet rambling.

My using an example of something ridiculous to prove my point. It's not unusual, but apparently some people on HaloGAF think it is. I was under the impression that it was standard procedure to, when using an example, use something simple. A hamburger that explodes is simple. The point was that the hamburger exploding was unrealistic. Everybody got caught up in that however, instead of actually paying attention to the point.

Tawpgun

I did.

Ahem, for your convenience:

That's about 8 or 9 sentences.

And please don't repeat what Nebula keeps saying about "Well, Halo is unrealistic, so your argument is bad."

I am fully aware that Halo is unrealistic. I'm not daft. I'm not being arbitrary with what I say is fine being unrealistic and what is not. I have reasons. I will be making a post as to what those reasons are if you'll bear with me.

1. You're factually wrong about this one. But let's entertain the idea, pretending Halo is perfectly realistic. If bullets hit you from the front or sides, you'll slow down. I think it was Zoso that went all high school physics on you for that. As far as bullets hitting you from the back, if running was a straightforward motion you'd be right. But running requires a certain form, and if you disrupt that form you will slow down. If you pelt Usain bolt with paintball rounds from behind he will run a slower 100 yard dash than normal.

If you're arguement is gonna be, well bullets shouldn't affect shielded spartans that much, you'd be wrong there too just looking at the way spartans are affected in game. If you fire a BR salvo at a spartans head, his head will visibly react from being shot back. Another example of a bullets power on a spartan is flinch. If bullets reactions on spartans were negligable, they wouldn't flinch upon being shot. You want to argue game design, this is physics. Stop argueing physics especially if you are wrong.

2. You're saying when things are unrealistic in VIDEOGAMES it means they are badly designed? You should be shit on for saying this because its a terrible reasoning for explaining why a certain game mechanic is bad. What I don't get is you clearly understand why the game mechanic is bad, but your reasoning behind it is flawed.

Yes, slowing down upon getting shot is a game mechanic introduced because straight up sprint breaks the game. Yes, its dumb to introduce a mechanic to cover up a bad mechanic. That's all that needs to be said on this. The best fix is to eliminate sprint but since there is no way in hell thats happening anytime soon, slowing down upon getting shot is a GOOD thing because it negates a bad mechanic.

3. So you're saying some things being unrealistic is good but some is bad. No. That's just cherrypicking things you don't like about the game and putting them under the umbrella of "unrealistic" while letting mechanics and other aspects of the game let slide because you like them. And you're right I completley ignored the hamburger post because it was so convoluted and a waste of time. Pro GAF TIP: if you can't argue a point without creating some super convoluted and dumb analogy then just don't argue it at all. No one will read it.

Bad game design has nothing to do with something being unrealistic. Game design is all about player feedback and other gameplay mechanics that don't need to be tied down in the real world. Its also about balance. If you're gonna talk about game design and then start going off about how this is unrealistic you're gonna have a reaaaaallllly hard time on GAF.

That's what I have to say to Chettle, im taking more sane peoples advice and am gonna try and stop responding to bad posts.
----------------

Also, Proximity chat was dope. Needs to return for sure.

While you guys were playing Hamburger Slayer, the Unholy Trinity of HaloGAF put in work. Speedy turns it into Divorce Court at the end, stay tuned.

I wish I loved CoD.. They really know how to pack a game with a ton of shit and add decent DLC. That entire Extinction mode makes no damn sense in the context of CoD, but hey.. it's a video game so why not?? Halo needs to stop being so serious and give us some crazy shit already.

Halo Kart for Halo 5
Best post of at least 10 pages mate! Too right, bring that shit back. It was awesome objective stealthing into a base to listen in or chat misinformation to the other team.

Also when the guy died and the mic cut out half way through their rage antics!

"Alright team, I'm sneaking in this way (on Zanzibar) about to plant the bomb."
-waits to see red dots heading that way as you continue in the other way for an easy plant-

Halo used to be pretty fun. What happened? Bungie made this game a slow turd with Halo 3 and a mess with Reach.. So many wasted years with so much potential. 343 pls.

Cheetos or w.e your name is. If you argument is sprinting and bullet slowing you down is unrealistic I got 2 words for you bro.

Game Mechanics.

Realism has no place in a game like Halo. Valid points can be made against bullets slowing you down and sprinting in general but realism is not one of those.

TheOddOne

Fracas and heckfu don't mind. They rarely post anything of significance that leads to discussion. And don't be deceived by TheOddOne; he'll try cutting you the moment he gets a chance and he still hasn't responded to my Pistol posts that he begged for.

I love this place. So many lovely personalities in one tight little package :]
You know it hurts when days after you keep trying to save face with snide remarks. It cut that deep. It cut so deep.

All that needs to be said:

ikv25tukkFwld.png

tumblr_mcz2jfSDNl1r5w58m.gif

Oh that failed post again? I'll still continue waiting for your response OddBuddy.

Snarky responses like this.
residentsleeper.png

I have one simple request though. If there is something in the post that does not make sense, fucking tell me before you go off telling how dumb my argument is, so I can make it make sense.

You really haven't been lurking then, have you? This is some shit that you have to get used to pal <3

EDIT: Speaking of science! - Nano suit from Crysis and realism.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
New HaloGAF Radio will be out tonight. I'll post when it's out!

Thanks to the babbies Zoojoo, Wahrer and Speedy for joining.

Chettlar

Banned
1. You're factually wrong about this one. But let's entertain the idea, pretending Halo is perfectly realistic. If bullets hit you from the front or sides, you'll slow down. I think it was Zoso that went all high school physics on you for that. As far as bullets hitting you from the back, if running was a straightforward motion you'd be right. But running requires a certain form, and if you disrupt that form you will slow down. If you pelt Usain bolt with paintball rounds from behind he will run a slower 100 yard dash than normal.

If you're arguement is gonna be, well bullets shouldn't affect shielded spartans that much, you'd be wrong there too just looking at the way spartans are affected in game. If you fire a BR salvo at a spartans head, his head will visibly react from being shot back. Another example of a bullets power on a spartan is flinch. If bullets reactions on spartans were negligable, they wouldn't flinch upon being shot. You want to argue game design, this is physics. Stop argueing physics especially if you are wrong.

2. You're saying when things are unrealistic in VIDEOGAMES it means they are badly designed? You should be shit on for saying this because its a terrible reasoning for explaining why a certain game mechanic is bad. What I don't get is you clearly understand why the game mechanic is bad, but your reasoning behind it is flawed.

Yes, slowing down upon getting shot is a game mechanic introduced because straight up sprint breaks the game. Yes, its dumb to introduce a mechanic to cover up a bad mechanic. That's all that needs to be said on this. The best fix is to eliminate sprint but since there is no way in hell thats happening anytime soon, slowing down upon getting shot is a GOOD thing because it negates a bad mechanic.

3. So you're saying some things being unrealistic is good but some is bad. No. That's just cherrypicking things you don't like about the game and putting them under the umbrella of "unrealistic" while letting mechanics and other aspects of the game let slide because you like them. And you're right I completley ignored the hamburger post because it was so convoluted and a waste of time. Pro GAF TIP: if you can't argue a point without creating some super convoluted and dumb analogy then just don't argue it at all. No one will read it.

Bad game design has nothing to do with something being unrealistic. Game design is all about player feedback and other gameplay mechanics that don't need to be tied down in the real world. Its also about balance. If you're gonna talk about game design and then start going off about how this is unrealistic you're gonna have a reaaaaallllly hard time on GAF.

That's what I have to say to Chettle, im taking more sane peoples advice and am gonna try and stop responding to bad posts.
----------------

Also, Proximity chat was dope. Needs to return for sure.

So, you say my post was convoluted, so you didn't read it....somehow knowing before hand that it was convoluted. It wasn't convoluted. It was pretty simple. It was long because I was going really slow to make sure I covered everything.

I'm done for now.

P.S. and please, my Name is not Chettle. It's Chett. lar.

heckfu

Banned
Fracas and heckfu don't mind. They rarely post anything of significance that leads to discussion. And don't be deceived by TheOddOne; he'll try cutting you the moment he gets a chance and he still hasn't responded to my Pistol posts that he begged for.

I love this place. So many lovely personalities in one tight little package :]

There's no reason to drag Fracas down to my level, he's a good poster.

And I have plenty to say about Halo, there's just nothing to be said about it right now because there's no info to talk about. We just rehash the same conversations about Jurassic Park and the comics that I just like to spice it up every now and then. No need to be mad, friend.
New HaloGAF Radio will be out tonight. I'll post when it's out!

Thanks to the babbies Zoojoo, Wahrer and Speedy for joining.

I like how it's just zoojoo. Welcome back ol chap.

Nebula

So, you say my post was convoluted, so you didn't read it....somehow knowing before hand that it was convoluted. It wasn't convoluted. It was pretty simple. It was long because I was going really slow to make sure I covered everything.

I'm done for now.

You want us to put in the time to read your posts then you fuck off someone elses and don't even try to counter anything they have said against points you have made?

This megapost best be the greatest post I have ever seen.

Chettlar

Banned
You really haven't been lurking then, have you? This is some shit that you have to get used to pal <3

EDIT: Speaking of science! - Nano suit from Crysis and realism.

I've been lurking for a while, bro.

And I forgot to add the part about "and if I decide that you don't care enough to actually argue, I'm not going to respond. Contrary to popular belief, short witty snarky comments are not all that funny."

We should just burn this terrible this page.

Sounds good, ya?

You're not helping.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
WOW Call of Duty Ghosts took the gametype I created I created in Halo 2 and made it its own mode with that Michael Myers music..................

CURSE YOU Bungie for getting rid of proximity chat. I used to set up a game with 2 lives, all you can do is run and hide as you survive against one person playing as Michael Myers. They would be playing the Halloween theme over the mic, so whenever they got close you'd hear the music. I used to burst out in laughter from people screaming into their mic that I'm around them lmfao
Hah, that sounds amazing.

Cheetos or w.e
dead

Chettlar

Banned
I'm now really hyped for cheddar's big explaining post.

You make me hate myself so much.

It's not even going to be that amazing, and I already know what the responses are going to be.

I don't know why I even try.

You want us to put in the time to read your posts then you fuck off someone elses and don't even try to counter anything they have said against points you have made?

This megapost best be the greatest post I have ever seen.

I didn't respond in full because I said I wasn't debating the topic anymore. It's as simple as that.

Who's this Chet Larson guy I'm hearing of and what did he do to Haloburger?

I ate it.

Seriously, you're making me smile in spite of myself.

Coddleween is the dumbest gametype ever. I thought they meant it was a homage... it's literally Michael Myers? What the fuck. Mikey, baby, don't sell out like this.

Maybe it's a Jekyll and Hyde scenario with that lead multiplayer guy who left?

Chettlar being Kevin Franklin's evil druggie persona would be beautiful poetry.

Also, regarding unknown's little "why is it wrong for them to have wanted to introduce a little randomness to the sandbox" thing regarding the CE Magnum: there's a fine, fine line between entropy and chaos.

Tawpgun

I'm done for now.

Aw cmon I killed some good time writing that. You wanted people to stop drive by insulting you so I made my valid points and then insulted your points. Fairs fair!

Also to be fair I skimmed your hamburger post and to be honest I didn't get it at all. Ya lost me. Respond to my points please.

I didn't respond in full because I said I wasn't debating the topic anymore. It's as simple as that.

CLASSIC!
Gg.png

Looks like I win this debate then due to classic annoying childhood friend surrender.

Tawp: 1

ChooChoo: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom