• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread right now:

More like

60591-spongebob-square-pants-lmfaoo.gif

How was it a failed post if it made you reply this non-sense:

http://i3.minus.com/ibvcxCgdtlFptd.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
lmfao I am Legend [spoiler]and you are my dog.[/spoiler] [spoiler]Except not as awesome but I still snap your neck out of love.[/spoiler]
[quote="Sub-Zero at a Starbucks, post: 97008938"]Also, regarding unknown's little "why is it wrong for them to have wanted to introduce a little randomness to the sandbox" thing regarding the CE Magnum: there's a fine, [i]fine[/i] line between entropy and chaos.[/QUOTE]

assplain this instant!

Storm, this thread is in dire need of a Jurassic Park and/or stormtrooper gif..

[B]EDIT: [/B][quote="Ozzy Onya A2Z, post: 97009586"]Remember this is on tonight if you want to get your Halo 4 on:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd4sTUACIAEI-YP.jpg

Are they streaming it?

Chettlar

Banned
Aw cmon I killed some good time writing that. You wanted people to stop drive by insulting you so I made my valid points and then insulted your points. Fairs fair!

Also to be fair I skimmed your hamburger post and to be honest I didn't get it at all. Ya lost me. Respond to my points please.

CLASSIC!
Gg.png

Looks like I win this debate then due to classic annoying childhood friend surrender.

Tawp: 1

ChooChoo: 0

Dude, sincerely. I'm terribly sorry. I'm not brushing you off, but I said I was done three times or so by then and I was going to get people upset at me if I continued.

My Super Amazing Post that I'm going to post later
(It's not. It really isn't.)
will cover the topics you made, if not directly.

For the record, yours is a good post. I'm sorry that you had to spend so much time on it, but I need to not. Hopefully you understand. :/

This post will also hopefully explain the hamburger thing much better. I'll not use that example though.

You tempt me.

Meh, I want something stupid and crazy. I've got something. I'll post it if I can find it. I would just need help resizing, if anybody wants to do that.

Well you're doing a horrible, horrible job, Cheddar.

Something something Halo.

I know you're back a ways, but honestly, if you're ever that far back in a conversation and have something you want to say, it's probably already been said.

Woorloog

Banned
Just realized i've never really forgiven Bungie for making the 4th mission Halo 3 (was it The Storm?), specifically the portal structure (size), the atmosphere and feel, and the Covenant presence much, much lamer than in the Halo 3 Announcement Trailer.
The mission is all right but not nearly as great as the trailer.
The Assault Carrier hovering overhead, the Chief standing alone at the edge, Cortana's messages... the trailer had so much better and darker feel than the finalized mission does.

EDIT that storm gif is glorious! And it always reminds me of the Halo 3 Announcement Trailer.

Chettlar

Banned
halo-effect.jpg

I joke mate, junior razzing and all.

Halo has some fucking fantastic game design. Why else do you think I love it so much?

I've read a lot about the stuff they've done. I think it was a polygon article (Article, not shitty review) that talked about bungie. It was crazy, crazy long, but I loved it. They talked about 30 seconds of fun, map design, and a bunch of other things. I love that kind of stuff, because I love the subject of game design.

Just realized i've never really forgiven Bungie for making the 4th mission Halo 3 (was it The Storm?), specifically the portal structure (size), the atmosphere and feel, and the Covenant presence much, much lamer than in the Halo 3 Announcement Trailer.
The mission is all right but not nearly as great as the trailer.
The Assault Carrier hovering overhead, the Chief standing alone at the edge, Cortana's messages... the trailer had so much better and darker feel than the finalized mission does.

EDIT that storm gif is glorious! And it always reminds me of the Halo 3 Announcement Trailer.

I don't see how people loved Halo 3's campaign (comparatively). It didn't really give us anything we haven't seen in CE/H2 except for those Scarab fights (which were ok IMO, but could've been much better) and 4p co-op. The best mission was either The Covenant or The Ark, but CE and Halo 2 had better missions than both of those.

I was hoping for so much more than what we got as the supposed final game to the trilogy.

Ora

Banned
Didn't Bungie say at one point master chiefs armor would get procedurally damaged throughout the course of the game? Maybe next gen halo. Real time visor reflections too please.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't see how people loved Halo 3's campaign (comparatively). It didn't really give us anything we haven't seen in CE/H2 except for those Scarab fights (which were ok IMO, but could've been much better) and 4p co-op. The best mission was either The Covenant or The Ark, but CE and Halo 2 had better missions than both of those.

I was hoping for so much more than what we got as the supposed final game to the trilogy.

Halo 2 missions are were good, had exotic locations and stuff. Don't have much to complain about that game but... I don't know, Halo 3 just feels so much better, gameplay-wise. Battles are larger and the overall feel is great, better than Halo 2, as a game.
That is, ignoring the story and the storytelling, and perhaps the locations too. The Ark looks great at first but we don't get to explore it enough, the locations don't feel alien enough. And the final mission is too much like pandering instead of being a proper mission.

I have to note i'm not a fan of the Covenant. The mission is too long and i don't like how its vehicle sections are... limited. The Hornet is goddamn boring to fly, the final approach is way too thin for maneuvering, and the first section has vehicles only for transportation (in practice, i deal with the Wraith on foot due to large amount of Shades and the Prowlers making Warthog-approach dangerous). And the very final section is designed for long range combat in mind, and since i very much prefer close combat, i don't like the section at all.
The Ark is great though, much better mission.

In retrospect, there ain't much i love in Halo CE. The Silent Cartographer for sure but other than that... i don't like the mission design in the game much. Too many long, boring missions. Limited amount of enemy types and weapons and vehicles doesn't help, i get bored with them way too fast. I really, really like large sandboxes, the more options, the better, even if a bunch of them are not that different. And i hate the pistol having the role of a rifle.
Admittedly this is in retrospect but there are equally old games i've played a lot that i still like much more than Halo CE.

Ozzy Bro, they forgot yours and Speedy's gamertags on that list
I kid.

LOL, I think Frankie is unofficially playing too but I can't remember to confirm that 100%.

EDIT: another P2P whinge / LAN post but damn dedis can't get here soon enough. So we had 7 to 8 players all Aussie and on the same Internet connection, obviously being LAN, but it took 3 games for us to start to pull host for the short while we played 4 online in place of local only. I hate to be a salty asshat but that shit should NOT happen and should have been host every fucking time! Everytime LAN time. There is literally not 3 games of better weighting for host/connection reasons. Literally half the BTB players were all on the same connection and still did not pull host. We would have played 4 online longer but not without host and LAN presents far better play, obviously. Imagine BTB swat via 8 Aussie LAN to USA host...Yep that was a thing apparently.

Please 343i ensure dedis are optimised. Game quality is the #1 priority IMO. Remove all black screen, host migration, inaccurate statistics/rank and ensure host or dedis server chosen is damned accurate almost everytime....PRETTY PLEASE.

Living down under not only kills you when it bites but it doesn't like your host either :)

Nebula

The problem? The skyline. It should be cloudy, grayish as in the trailer, not purple/orange.
It just looks so weak compared to the trailer version.

EDIT watching the trailer. Goddamn the Portal was so much larger in the trailer version.

It'd look more spectacular if it wasn't limited by the console it was on. I'm honestly looking forward to what Halo 5 does with the breathing room the Xbone has. I expect some pretty scenery.

m23

It'd look more spectacular if it wasn't limited by the console it was on. I'm honestly looking forward to what Halo 5 does with the breathing room the Xbone has. I expect some pretty scenery.

Hopefully no more ugly jpegs for the skyboxes.

Woorloog

Banned

I'd like to see just Halo 4 with upgraded graphics. It looks gorgeous on 360, on Xbone it would look even better.
Whatever Halo 5 may be, i hope, i really hope it will have really exotic locations and places. I'd really prefer not to see Earth again (a big problem in scifi nowadays, i think, everything important always happens on Earth. Fucking boring. Like ME3 ending... why the fuck it had to be on Earth? EDIT Especially when future-Earth does not look futuristic enough).

Proximity chat needs to return.
YES
G8OGMVC.gif

Thanks to Tashi for letting us on. GG Speedy and Wahrer
Annnnnndddd show was as expected. Although many here probably thought it would be an abomination. Then again......

good post snip
NOPE. You're still wrong. I won't say why or even explain the most basic point of my premise in this debate, but trust me, you are soooooooooo wrong.

But obviously complaining about other people complaining takes precedence. Makes you look really great, good job.

image.php

And less campaign on the rails trickery, and drastically improved AI, and persistent world etc.

Chettlar

Banned

I really didn't enjoy Halo 3's near as much as other ones.

I loved CE and I loved Reach. I don't know why I love Reach, since it has so many problems. The campaign is just fun for me, and it shouldn't be. There's something that keeps me enjoying it despite so many problems like the guns. The concussion rifle, for instance, isn't near as satisfying to use as it seems like it should be. Give me the brute shot over that any day.

The AI was cheap, but it was still doable. Perhaps I just play a lot of crappy games so Halo Reach seems really good.

Except the games I play are things like Ilomilo, Viva Pinata, Crysis, etc. so idk.

The mission looks great but it is so goddamn repetitive. 3 life-pods with the same damn scenario at each one. And no Gauss-Hog. Or Rocket-Hog. Or something. Can't even hijack the Banshees.

You can't hijack Banshees?

Then what was I doing in Two Betrayals on that rock bridge? I was sure I killed that red elite for a reason.

bs Halo 2 was amazing.

It was fun, sure, but not the sequel CE deserved. Look at every single thing they changed from the campaign right down to the nitty gritty of the multiplayer; it was an entirely different game skinned in Halo. Halo 3 was not much different from Halo 2 except that it felt like you were playing in molasses.

Woorloog

Banned
You can't hijack Banshees?

Then what was I doing in Two Betrayals on that rock bridge? I was sure I killed that red elite for a reason.

In Halo CE. You can't hijack one. You can shoot, in some missions, the pilot before it enters the vehicle and then take the vehicle (but not Wraiths :( ).
The mission Halo has Banshees but since they're already in air and with pilot... well, you figure out how to hijack them.

Too bad Halo CEA didn't add hijacking function to the game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi's wallpaper is my wallpaper

http://i.imgur.com/opjuhUA.gif[IMG]

Wahrer knowing the exact measurements of the Covenant cruisers:

[IMG]https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380412650/811548.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol @ all of these

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom