• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vico

The mission looks great but it is so goddamn repetitive. 3 life-pods with the same damn scenario at each one. And no Gauss-Hog. Or Rocket-Hog. Or something. Can't even hijack the Banshees.

Yeah, I have to agree.
It's still one of the best Halo mission for sure, but only thanks to nostalgia.

Such a level would be really bad in 2014.

WOW Call of Duty Ghosts took the gametype I created I created in Halo 2 and made it its own mode with that Michael Myers music..................

CURSE YOU Bungie for getting rid of proximity chat. I used to set up a game with 2 lives, all you can do is run and hide as you survive against one person playing as Michael Myers. They would be playing the Halloween theme over the mic, so whenever they got close you'd hear the music. I used to burst out in laughter from people screaming into their mic that I'm around them lmfao

Proximity chat needs to return.

Proximity chat for Infection was awesome. Especially if the zombies were in character.

With radar off, hearing moans in your ear to let you know a zombie was nearby was such an awesome feeling.

daedalius

image.php

Hey, a lot of hard work goes into that. Promise.

Giving the HaloGAF podcast a listen now...I reserve judgement :)

Also this just arrived in the mail...thought you might like to see it.

oZMcADh.jpg

QBBT2zV.jpg

Aside from my last page host bitching, great studio IMO.

images

gAg CruSh3r

I leave for a few hours and there is so much salt and drama everywhere. What happen?

Edit: Great podcast everyone that helped with it :).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
^^He's very wealthy so thank you!

I leave for a few hours and there is so much salt and drama everywhere. What happen?

Edit: Great podcast everyone that helped with it :).

Thanks!

Was there some serious audio issues with the podcast? It's like has a terribly low bitrate, you can almost hear the static.

As far as I know, no. I recorded it and edited it the same way that I always do. 256kb/s bitrate. Might just be some background fuzz from one of the mics.

Vico

Giving the HaloGAF podcast a listen now...I reserve judgement :)

Also this just arrived in the mail...thought you might like to see it.

oZMcADh.jpg

QBBT2zV.jpg

Aside from my last page host bitching, great studio IMO.

Pretty cool.
That's not the only type of card they sent, right? I remember seeing something really different from another person.

Speedy, the fuck were you doing that required you to leave mid podcast for "5 minutes", and then try to hide it?

yeah-right.gif
I forgot my dogs needed to go out to use the restroom.

Not really trying to cover it up, just muting my mic and being quiet upon my return. :p

Ha, they are playing BTB SWAT customs?

Yea I'll be sure to get on for that.
clear.png

Seriously Ozzy just got one ^ Wheres mine!?

Where's mine! Frankie why you gotta treat us like this. :(

Pretty cool.
That's not the only type of card they sent, right? I remember seeing something really different from another person.

I really like the art on the one from today, funny I would read a comic with that. Then again I used to visit Halo Babies when it was updated regularly.

Yes they also sent these, won't embed image again for mobile peeps. (http://i.imgur.com/sLqN0iU.jpg)

@Funknown If animated avatars return on GAF that is my day one new avatar, it haunts me here at HaloGAF.

Was there some serious audio issues with the podcast? It's like has a terribly low bitrate, you can almost hear the static.

Considering it's a skype call between four people from completely different parts of the country, I was on my phone, zoojoo had sick family members off in the distance, and Speedy's Mormon relatives were in the background, and the entire conversation is run through a separate audio recording program, there's bound to be some dropoff in typical audio quality.

Ghazi

Wahrer patenting Gravity Gauntlet:

ddJYu.gif

Speedy believing him:

G5S9rqq.gif

And that wraps up my live commentary of the podcast. Good stuff.

Tashi

Thanks.

Hopping on H4 right now. Going to see if I get an invite to the BTB SWAT party and then probably hit up some Team Slayer afterwards.

edit: I also wanted to say that there are some words that just require 1 hand to type. Afterwards is one of those words and it is incredible satisfying to type. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Thanks.

Hopping on H4 right now. Going to see if I get an invite to the BTB SWAT party and then probably hit up some Team Slayer afterwards.

edit: I also wanted to say that there are some words that just require 1 hand to type. Afterwards is one of those words and it is incredible satisfying to type. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards. Afterwards.

What are you doing with your other hand

Thanks.

Stewardesses.

Tawpgun

Thanks.

Lemme know when you hop on TS, BTB Swat sounds terribad but I'd play some TS

You are not in this conversation. Of course coming in and grabbing a random comment of mine is going to make it look stupid.

"Complaining about other people complaining" is simply not what I'm doing. I'm asking people to stop being shitty and posting "smart" comments ...like you are doing now.

Kindly shut the hell up please.

I am reading, and I have been posting, not sure how I'm not "part of the conversation", unless the bar is 12 posts per hour.

Maybe people would stop "being shitty" if instead of typing up a response to everyone who ever quoted you, you looked at what within your posts was confusing people in the first place and considered how you could make your initial point clearer. If no one can figure out what you are trying to say, it's probably your fault for failing to communicate.

As far as I can understand it, all you meant is that sometimes unrealistic features are detrimental to gameplay. What came out however, was "unrealistic features are bad game design. Period. Always. Forever. Except...", some wholly ineffective analogy involving exploding hamburgers, and a bunch of posts where you are flabbergasted people aren't understanding you.

Personally, I think you're too caught up in trying to shoehorn what you think of as "physics" and "realism" into a community discourse which has its own ideas about what those terms mean. You're basically rushing into a discussion without regard to the perceptions of your audience, and yet remain mystified that people don't "get" what you're trying to say.

I'm looking at the hamburger post again now, I will post detailed comments later.

Considering it's a skype call between four people from completely different parts of the country, I was on my phone, zoojoo had sick family members off in the distance, and Speedy's Mormon relatives were in the background, and the entire conversation is run through a separate audio recording program, there's bound to be some dropoff in typical audio quality.
Actually my microphone was muted anytime I wasn't talking. :p May unmute it to laugh, but that's it. :p The background noise surprisingly wasn't mine!

Omni

I know you're back a ways, but honestly, if you're ever that far back in a conversation and have something you want to say, it's probably already been said.
Excuse me if I don't take posting advice from someone who almost posted 100 times yesterday about stuff that was refuted numerous times.

halo-3-20070430093143698.jpg

Those beta textures Hnnng
Am I the only one who likes the final release textures? I love the pastel/plastic look that Master Chief has in that game. Works so well with the way the rest of the game looks.

blamite

You're holding onto your opinion and judging my opinion before it's even out of my mouth.

I don't have time to read all these pages, has he ever bothered explaining this?

Chet, you keep saying you haven't been able to say your opinion. What's stopping you? Nobody is physically preventing you from saying anything. Just type out the words representing the thoughts you are trying to convey and people will read them and react to them. Don't just circle around some mythical point that's supposed to explain everything if we would just listen, say the fucking thing.

Say the fucking thing you're trying to say. If you don't it just looks like you don't even have a point in the first place.

Tashi

Damn wtf? I was a 22 in TS earlier today and I just played a few games and now I'm a 30. Awww yeaaaa.

I enjoyed the podcast. Good work Speedy, Zoojoo, Toshi and the Zero.

Gracias.

I think it was probably the best week to be in the podcast, with all the news.

This podcast is fucking great. lol

thx bby <3

And thanks Ozzy :)

Glad to hear that people are enjoying the podcast, probably helps because of the shorter runtime and there was actually FUCKING NEWS to discuss this week.

TL:DR Chettles thinks "realism" is synonymous with predictability, and was/is somehow oblivious to every other connotation.

EDIT: actually, DJ Ghazi's has inspired me to use this as a PM instead. Refer to the above, the TL:DR still stands.

Fuchsdh

Watching the Alien: Isolation stuff that's been released makes me think that a survival horror game would make a lot of sense for the Halo universe. I think someone on here suggested a civilian trying to get out of Voi when the Flood attack, but you could do something space-based as well.

The idea of not having any weapons to fight back seems a bit anathema to the gameplay I enjoy, but drastically limiting your options so that running or sneaking is often a better approach is something you don't really see in Halo (sure, speedruns, but that's for a different aim and usually done despite the enemies slinging plasma your way.)

Also, the work they've done to give it a 70s sci-feel atmosphere is pretty incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom